Final Fantasy - One Stop Shop

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

el_barto
mine is 7

----------------------
Note: Given the numerous Final Fantasy threads, I've ingeniously decided to combine all FF posts into one fabulous thread! You may now all proceed to shower me with fanfare! wink - Tex

BackFire

Hegemon875
For graphics 10 easily.

LilMimister006
6 is an awesome game (people should really play the first 6 games..their basically the original final fantasys, not the ones on ps and ps2, they're still good..but should be a lil more like the older ones as well)

Fallin Angel

SpikeSpiegel

sith_darth_jay
i've haven't played 7 yet (i can't find it anywhere), but i played 1,2,8 and 10, and i'll have to say 10 cuz of the graphics.
can anyone plz tell me why 7 is the best?

movie_freak

el_barto
7 is the best cause it has the ultamate bad guy and one of the most twisting story lines rock

ragesRemorse
10 is the best, even though the story takes a bit to grab you. Ounce it does It just never stops with action,twists and anticipation. The story is the best in my opinion. I know this is arguable so i'll just say that it is done in the best presentation. It also has the best, most simple and fun gameplay. not to mention addictive, but that goes with all FF's. The best aspect of the game is of course your character development. This is so deep. You can upgrade, and customize anything and i mean ANYTHING and everything. I just love deciding what fighting abilities and traits my characters are going to have. Like making a mage into a warrior or a warrior into a mage. or a warrior mage. The summons were multiplied by about 100. with the new controll aspect. FFX is just an all around GREAT game with a rewarding gamming expierence. Second place goes to FF3, then FF7. I even have to say the characters in FFX were the best.

BackFire
10's story isn't nearly as good as the others. Probably teh most linear of all the ff games.

J_To_The_P
8/9, I think 7 and 10 are trash.

LilMimister006
6 7 9 and 10 have the best storylines and characters in my opinion in that order

J_To_The_P
Cloud and Tidus both should meet for a queer coupling. roll eyes (sarcastic)

LilMimister006
laughing out loud the bad guys (kefka(6). sephiroth(7), kuja(well he not really that awesome..but eh)(9), seymour and sin (10) we're SUH-WEEEET!!! lol, tho kefka is a bit on the freakish/crazy/insane/bent on world destruction..LITERALLY in both the worlds (yes theres 2 worlds if you havent played) but he a'ite!! lol

shojo_no_umi
I think 9 was the best, out of all of them. But 10 was pretty when it came to CG graphics.

BelldandyX
6 and 7 are on the top of my list.

Lulu
7 is the BEST!!!!

§€phì®ø‡h
7 is the best, in my opinion anyway. It has the best villain and plot.

BackFire
Kefka kicks sepheroths ass. He's so diabolically and insanely evil, you truley hate him at the end of the game because of the personal termoil he put so many of the characters through.

el_barto
i agree with tidus but cloud was cool

el_barto
in my opinion sephiroth was cool because he was just a " less talk more kill person " and u never realy knew what he was talking about hopping that u actualy got to here him talk laughing out loud

JRatT12

sith_darth_jay
i love ff10 but i didn't like the ending... until i found out that there is a sequel coming out (december) so i'm still waiting for that, but i liked ff8 cuz it was different than the other final fantasies, and squall is a great character, but i still have to play 7, although i got a lil taste of it when playing KH... one thing i don't like about square lately, is that they're making a sephiroth clone in every game (KH and FFX)

BackFire
I've actually been wanting to replay an old FF game. I can't decide which one though...

§€phì®ø‡h
Yeah, I know this must sound gay, 'cause mostly everyone I've talked to has beaten FF7, but if anyone needs help with the game, or needs tips or anything, lemme know. I'll do what I can to help.

BackFire
I actually just started playing FF 8 again today.

§€phì®ø‡h
I like FF8 ^^ I just haven't beat it yet...sad

BackFire
It has the best ending of any of the recent FF games, actually had a feeling of conclusion. The game itself however....it is probably the worst FF game ever made. Still great though.

§€phì®ø‡h
I thought one of of the FF's had a pretty disappoiting ending...Final Fantasy 9. The ending just....I haven't played it since I beat it.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
ff7 and ff8 were best. ffX i didn't like much.

SpikeSpiegel
I haven't played FF7 for ages, I stopped when I got FF8, and I'm not that far in it oh well guess what I'll be doing today.

Lulu
play 7. i think its the best game to play. It has a great storyline.

§€phì®ø‡h
Anyways, anyone need any help? I just got finished playing it. I stopped 'cause it made me sad, 'cause I realized I haven't played it in a while sad

Millie
mine is vincent. love love

Lulu
i like sephiroth love

Trinity_Matrix
So...how many of you are waiting as impatiently for FFX-2 to come out as I am? It supposed to be released here in the US on Tuesday...I can't wait. I played a demo of it and it's awesome.

So...what are your opinions on the game?

ragesRemorse
i dont know. I am very excited for it, but my hopes arent to high for it. I believe the graphics will be just as good. everything else though will be probably be several large steps behind FFX.If this is the case, even though it may have a story that connects with FFX why would you play it if it is less of a game

Lulu
i think it will be ok. not as good as X though. i still want to get it.

Trinity_Matrix
Well, storywise...it's as complex as FFX was. The graphics are great, and the new battle system is awesome. So far of what I played, it's living up to my expectations ^^

movie_freak
I Can't wait till it somes out, have to wait a couple of months more until it arrives here. The bad thing is it has the same monsters in FFX

duffy
Well looking forward to this

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Trinity_Matrix
Actually, it only has a few of the same monsters from FFX, there are a lot of new ones too ^^

JKozzy
Happy DanceHappy DanceHappy Dance
winkwinkSAME HERE!!!!! winkwink

scott
cloud is cool
especially from 7-2

Fallin Angel
i'm stuck between Cloud and Tifa

fungrl515
i was always a vincent fan, but seriously, who can choose between such great guys? i love em all.

movie_freak
Cloud

minion
man ive eaten ff7 and 8 at least 10 times start to end i love those games

minion
beaten

Fallin Angel
what happend at the end of ff 9 , i haven't finished it and i don't feel like going through the thing all over again , for the 3rd time lol

Gravity Kills
I just think they are all cool, but my choice is sephiroth. I hope Advent Children movie is as good as as it looks.

BackFire
Barret

Cloud was the typical 'cold' hero, sepheroth was the same.

Barret at least had an entertaining personality.

vvvrulz
Sephiroth !!

§€phì®ø‡h
Ah, hmm. It's hard to explain, there's a lot. You sure you wanna know?

Rascal
I like 6 it is cool gau is my favorite character

SaTsuJiN
I just bought this game yesterday, I was expecting to be horribly disappointed after playing Final Fantasy X. Actually this game is pretty fun with the inclusion of the dress spheres and garment grids. The opening music video is all fun big grin

Kouda Kumi - Real Emotion

SaTsuJiN
For the new-gen Final fantasies I love X .. for the older era, I prefer 6

ragesRemorse
do you still have the sphere grid from X? like are you able to customize and build your characters like you were in X

SaTsuJiN
Cloud Strife, and Aeris Gainsborough

SaTsuJiN
basically, when you use a dress sphere, its like a job. You use the job more, you gain more skills in that job. So in a way you can have the customization since you can choose (as opposed to the game automatically choosing) the skill you want to learn next.

the sphere grid is nonexistant though, which I think makes the game a bit easier ( Final Fantasy 10 didnt give you enough exp and spheres to properly traverse the grid in my opinion )

SaTsuJiN
hehe... get 2 W-summons from the golden saucer battle game, and then find the Knights of the round summon by getting the gold chocobo and going to the island. (search google for gold chocobo and knights of the round) 4 knights of the round and sephiroth is so hit at the end lol.

ragesRemorse
thats sounds pretty interesting. Im deffaintly going to check it out. You diddnt think you got enough expierence in FFX, for the sphere grid? I thought that gave it a nice atmosphere. I loved the how you could do pretty much what ever you wanted with your characters, of course if you were playing through just to beat it,and not expierence it. Then i can see how you may not get to far on the sphere grid, but i know you get alot of teleport spheres and all those other goodies that help you along.

ragesRemorse
what does the story seem like so far? does it start off slow like X?

SaTsuJiN
actually its fairly full of action the whole way through, since you know the spira deal and the story from the first one. It takes place two years later alongside yuna who's a spherehunter. Basically she finds a sphere that shows a man held prisoner who looks like tidus, so she's on a journey to know who this man is.

§€phì®ø‡h
I had to do that, 'cause the first time I fought Sephiroth, I didn't have the Knights of Round, and I died 'cause of his Dark Flare thing messed

§€phì®ø‡h
But when I eventually did beat him, I actually cried, 'cause I thought it was sooo sad :'(

§€phì®ø‡h
Sephiroth ^^

Vincent Rendar
Vincent

Dark Sephiroth8
mines sephiroth

Dark Sephiroth8
& and !) r tha best

Scrappy Doo
I cant decide between Sephy, and Yuffie. I also have to at least mention Palmer, as Im known to randomly hope up and down. "Rate hike, Rate Hike!" ^_^

SaTsuJiN
Im up to seymour on gagazet, and he just whups mah ass something vicious. He constantly does full life, and the cross cutter followed up by some damn lance attack... -_-)

Do any of you have some advice on level up tips, or battle tips that I can use to finish this game off... its so nice and it deserves to be beaten lol... (wants those movie spheres >_&ltwink Thanks for any advice, as I desperately need it.... *sniff* sad

stinkfist462
ok i jus beat the final boss on ffx and my damn game freezes up just when the ending movie is playing.... im too scared to even read bout ffx-2 so uhh can sumbody fil me in.. PLEASE!!!

Scrappy Doo
A shame that, unlike levels, there isint really anywhere to explain your characters current position with the sphere grid. Id recommend just fighting monsters for a while, and build up your hp and defense in particular.
----
also, there is some strategy advice in this FAQ
http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/final_fantasy_x_boss_a.txt

§€phì®ø‡h
That's what I did, I wandered around Gagazet for a while and leveled up pretty good, then I had no problem beating him.

Trinity_Matrix
Also, try to get armor that protect against Zombie, and have lot's of remedies/holy water. As a last-ditch effort against him, get all your aeons into overdrive mode before fighting him.

VengeanceGOD
FF7 sucks.

Tex
merging threads...merged.

SaTsuJiN
it would seem that gagazet doesnt give such great exp, so I'll probably end up leveling up for a week or two straight. I did notice that it helped quite alot. Bahamuts overdrive currently does over 14,000 damage on seymour, while the others all do 9,999. My friend said I should just use yuna for the entire fight, but we all know seymour gets like 5 or 6 turns before he lets up. He does the whole Banish summon > full life > cross cutter > Lance of atrophy > Lance of atrophy (and probably again if you let him). He also does that damn potion that heals both parts of him for 4,000 hp hehe. He's one tough customer, but I hear that after this fight its smooth sailing since the rest of the bosses just require reflect and a few final fantasy established tricks. I've also read that for this fight, seymours Hp is 80,000

JRatT12
NO NO you are all wrong the best characters in 7 where the turks they where soooo cool i wish they would make a game based on there views throw out 7. You no let us play the game throw there eyes

total metalhead
Chocobo.... sick

Hegemon875
One word - GAMESHARK

el_barto
i just bought tactits its alot harder than the other final fantasy games sad

h0ck3yh0rr0r
FF6 and FF7 were my favorites.

loserib
man im stuck at the same part

CrimsonSky
Sadly I've only played a few FF games, but I like 7 the best *nods* Great characters and plot.

CrimsonSky
How could I possibly choose?! I like most all of the characters, even minor ones.

el_barto
already made this thread

DyceIBG
Reno & Sephiroth

SaTsuJiN
the gamefaqs FAQ helped ALOT, thanks alot. Wakka's silence attack really helps out in that battle, and make sure you have everyones (including all aeons) overdrive ready to dish out some hurt. Use valefor, then ifrit, then ixion etc. and use bahamuts for last. Dont be afraid to use a mega phoenix either wink

Im quickly approaching Yunalesca... I hope I do well smile

SaTsuJiN
Nooo~ , I almost beat yunalesca and she mega death'ed me -_-) had her at 15k hp *sigh*. Oh well, next time Im approching her with all of my overdrives lol, then we'll see how long she lasts. (hopefully longer than seymour, rofl)

Voorhees
Sephiroth is the king of FF7

el_barto
witch is the beter game?

SaTsuJiN
you cant compare the two. one is turn based strategy rpg, and the other is an active time battle rpg. thats like saying 'whats better? kool-aid or apple juice?' they're both sweet, but obviously have totally different properties.

Since Im more a fan of the traditional rpg, my vote would normally go to final fantasy 7, however since I've started playing tactics (which is really good might I add) it makes voting harder. So I'll take some more time to decide

Tex
Given the numerous Final Fantasy threads, I've ingeniously decided to combine all FF posts into one fabulous thread! You may now all proceed to shower me with fanfare! wink

JKozzy
laughing
Dude.... never again.
7 is the best of them all, 6 and 8 are at a close second, and 9 is pretty cool too. 10 was screwed over when they got rid of ATB, they made a smart choice bringin it back for 10-2...

el_barto
can some 1 help me im stuck on ff6 im at the part were u are fighting the octopuss thing and you are on the raft trying to keep bannon alive can some 1 give me a strat to beat this guy?

el_barto
i found the final fantasy 7 advent children trailer here it is!!! http://www.filefront.com/r.b/page__file_info/_filepath__/ffx2net/void-media/ff7_ac_sound.mpeg/_output.html

JKozzy
I found one that's subbed so you know what they're saying... and it has the part that video left out... posted it in the Advent Children thread before awhile ago so I'll post it here again: http://square-source.com/ff7subbed.mpeg
And... you don't have to go through that whole stupid filebrowsing service to get to it, just rightclick and press Save Target as, or just click! big grin

Lionheart
Ok on the best i think it was 7 but if they never made eight do you think people would have liked 7 as much? the fact that 7 was better is because they made 8, 9, and 10 all so the fans could compare i think that squall was a cooler lead than cloud but teh story line in 7 was way better. my fav, all of them they all kinda form this grid that pulls us fans in thats why there are so many opinons and thats why we all have our favorites but when it comes down to it i think they all left a mark in the ones that played them in thier entirety.

Lord Ryugen
FFVII was by far the best of the bunch, the characters were involving and fun, the main bad guy had coolness factor stretching into the heavens and the battle system and EXP distribution was spot on. VIII comes in at a close second merely because Squall is the single most boring character in the world for the best part of two discs. VI comes next folled by IX. The worst is X, the characters are annoying, the story is linear and easily forgotten. The sphere grid is the most hateful thing ever designed and the main bad guy looks completley and utterly pitiful.

Lionheart
Yeah i guess i agree VIII was boring up until you gain control of Balamb Garden. But i think 10 was alright 10-2 was good and VI it still comes in a third for me it had a good story line too.

1-winged angel
~hey im trying to make a new rpg about X-men and final fantasy and kingdom hearts all combined into one, but i need some ppl to say they will join it, its in the I WANT TO START A NEW GAME forum here is the link if u cant be bothered looking for it http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...457#post1529457 ok guys plz join it~

Lionheart
I wonder if they will stop making the main character in teh new games look so gay its like they stopped careing after 8.

Yakuza Princess
I'm a Final Fantasy 7 freak! big grin

Yuna33
go 2 game stop!!!
thats where i found it.
i live in miami, and they sell it at blockbuster along with
all the other final fantasys!! big grin

Yuna33
and 7 rocks because.... it just dose! wink

1-winged angel
i own no. 1,2,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 and KH, but i want no. 3 and 10-2

1-winged angel
i also own, ff tactics ps1 (even thought it didnt come out in aus) and ff Tactics advance

JKozzy
Final Fantasy Anthology (V+VI)
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2

I want Final Fantasy Origins (I+II), Final Fantasy Chronicles (IV+CT) and Final Fantasy XI; expansion wouldn't be bad either.

DracotheDragon
Neither. 8 in my opinion. 7 was too cartoony. sick

1-winged angel
i accidently bought 2 origins, so i have one spare

DracotheDragon
? confused

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.