Why I don't think Padme will still be Queen.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Jedi
If she is still Queen and she marries Anakin, that would make Anakin Skywalker King of Naboo. Lucas won't want to complicate thing even further by introducing this storyline.

Dim
Just because she's Queen doesn't mean that he will become King.

Jedi Mercenary
Well said Dim.

King Jedi
It will. Leia became a Princess because of who her adopted father was. It would be the same with Anakin.

Jedi Mercenary
mmm....no I don't think so

theEviljedi
Leia was also a princess because of her real mother.

Dim
I don't think what necessarily goes on Alderaan goes for Naboo, they are two different ruling systems. Anyway..Look at the British Monarchy (and several others) even though they are inherited they don't even always have a King and Queen. Prince Philip wasn't crowned king because that would be looked as trying to be equal to the monarch. The same rules don't apply to prince and princesses because that doesn't threaten the monarch's title. Anakin may end up with some Prince consort title...maybe not. Another factor you have to look at is the fact that it's an elected title and he might be entitled to nothing as far as titles and such.

King Jedi
O.K. I submit. If padme isn't Queen then what do you think she will be doing in Ep2? She should still be important to the Republic somehow.

Xantos Clone
hmmm....don't give in just yet King Jedi...

I think your on to something....Palpy may like the idea of having anakin as the king...it could help give him more leverage etc.....chancellor and king....

He may encurrage anakin to marry the queen...

"and you young skywalker....we will watch your career with great interest..."

Dim
Just trust me on this...it's very unlikely that Anakin's going to be King. Also, based on the Queen Jamillia information I think we might see a new monarch be elected. Maybe Padme has served her time in the office, or maybe is forced out by Palpatine...or maybe she abdicates the throne.

King Jedi
Maybe she is kicked off the throne by the bad guys(whoever they are). I don't think the Queen Jamillia name has to be related to Naboo. Does Alderaan have a monarchy? She could be their Queen.

Dim
I'm guessing it's a principality...I don't remember reading anything other than that Bail Organa is a prince and he's the ruler of the planet...If that's the case then Jamillia isn't from Alderaan...

I really think that either Amidala isn't reelected or that she gives up the throne, based on the new information about the town square in Seville and the 50 extras.

Dim

theEviljedi
T.F.Net is not always accurate.Don't always beleave what you hear.And besides Amidala will still have handmaidens.

Dim
Jeesh...I can't believe you just lectured me wink

Of course TFN isn't always accurate, but this sounds reasonable to me. The scenes with her handmaidens could simply precede her turning her political postion over to Jamillia (if that's who Dharker is playing). The part that nobody has a clue about but everyone wants to speculate on is why she's no longer queen.

Another question-
If the Monarchy is an elected office with set terms why would the Naboo elect a child, no matter how smart, to office. If it was a lifelong position I could almost understand it then because it would almost imply that there's so much to learn that they feel that in some ways a child who is elected and grows into the role might do a better job...With a set term of office it would seem like someone who understood more going in would do a better job in a shorter amount of time.

What do you think? Am I thinking about this too much?

Mace23
I think she will renounce her title as Queen to go off with Anakin. She will feel she has fullfilled her role as Queen by having the Trade Federations occupation removed.

Considering that EII is supposed to be a love story, she might be forced into giving up her postition as Queen for marrying/being involved with someone who is not from Naboo. Without much background information we don't really know the reason she was made Queen. With the rumors of her family being involved in EII maybe we will find out why she was made Queen. We will undoubtably find out why she is no longer holding the position.

King Jedi
I think it will be her choice to go. She saved Naboo so I don't think that the Naboo people are going to turn against her. Just look at how many were at the celebration at the end of TPM.
She could quit to take another job, just like Palpatine did when he became Chancellor.
The Queen Jamillia thing is interesting and I think she will be an Evil Queen and work alongside Palpatine. Maybe it was him who got her elected. Lucas won't introduce this new character if she is the same as Amidala. What would be the point?

Mace23
Good point KJ. Palpatine will definetly need someone on his side to help him with his rise to power. By manipulating the system to have his choice of Queen receive the position helps move the story along. Amidala would most likely soon realize his motives and attempt to get in the way.

lightsaber001
Okay..this is going to sound weird...but what the hell...I'm weird..laughing out loud ..

Has anyone considerd that maybe Padme wasn't the Queen??
Why go through all that just to denounce your thrown???
For some reason..knowing Lucas...Padme is really Padme...Not Amidala/Padme...So Many rumors..I just get the feeling that the whole time we saw Amidala..we were seeing Amidala..not Padme...I think the decoy business was to throw us off track..But then again..who am I..George Lucas??laughing out loud

LS1

Dim
Yep...that's weird stick out tongue

I don't think GL would ever to something that complicated. It would totally confuse anyone who wasn't a avid fan...especially a kid. Since the throne is electorial then it's not unlikely that she simply served her term in office or resigned...It's not too far fetched...even in real life think about how King Edward VIII gave up the throne to marry Wallis Simpson (and that was a lifetime of training). Stuff like that happens all the time...

King Jedi
Maybe Naboo is completly different from the last time we saw it. It could be under invasion or maybe Boss Nass has taken over as the Naboo and Gungans are freinds now.

Jedi Mercenary
Boss Nass probably would not rule the Naboo. Seeing as they are completely diferent peoples

Dim
That's true...and why don't the Gungun's have a senator to represent them in the Senate? Does this bother anyone else?

Xantos Clone
Yes! good point DIM...unless there is one of them hidden in the background....

Also, condider this...I got the feeling that the Gugan's did not want to be part of any organization or council for that matter....

They are kind of like the kids in school who don't want to get involved in any sports or clubs...just hang out and smoke weed or something....(or peace pipes in this case...)

"de thinka they brains so big"

Dim
Yeah, I guess that's true enough. They are an extremely closed society. Hopefully things have changed enough by EP2 that they will at least have Senate representation though.smile

Ratcat
We know that the Gungans are/were a very private people. By bringing the Jedi to their city Jar Jar only made things worse for himself.

Also we know from Boss Nass that the Gungans thought that the Naboo considered themselves better than they Gungans and so had kept away from Naboo society as a whole.

As the Gungans actively kept contact with the Naboo to a minimum, though there must have been some contacts of sorts as the two races were familiart with each other to a degree, it is most likely that the Gungans had kept themselves planet bound and not concerned themselves with the Republic.

I think that the ceremony at the end of TPM saw the beginnings of a new relationship between the Naboo and the Gungans. Hopefully this would then lead to the formation of a Gungan presences within the (Old) Republic.

King Jedi
I thought if Padme was still Queen then maybe Boss Nass would be head of the Gungan army which now helps protect the Naboo. If Jamillia is Queen and is evil like I think then maybe she will be trying to get rid of the Gungans.

Dim
Maybe she's racist like Palpatine? It's pretty clear that there is a factor of that between the Naboo and the Gunguns...

King Jedi
That probably dissapeared at the end of Ep1.

Boshuda
I thought it was the people who elected the monarchy on Naboo..im sure i've read that somewhere..maybe as suggested previously that her term in office has come to an end...lets hope the Naboo choose a new leader quicker than America have...lol!

Jedimaster3838
Yeah they elect their rulers, so its more than likely that Amidala will no longer be queen, but rather Senator Padme.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.