DBZ budokai

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blissbo
I beat this game inside and out and I am still addicted to it. Just wanted to see if anyone else has this game and what they think of it.

worldindustries
My friend has it and it's fun I like doing there special moves.

Blissbo
The two player battle mode is kinda lacking. The story mode rocks though

Max Power
I love the story mode and so far I am undefeated. Love the game.

Lag
Bliss you have to be the best at that game. It was real big for like a week or so around here then it died out. It's actually a really good game for one player but it's not to challenging. If everyone is like everyone around here then you could probably beat anybody, because nobobdy plays it. I can't wait untill Budukai 2 with the cell shading and fusing that will be fun especially for a DBZ fan like my self.

Hegemon875
One of the WORST fighting games ever, but since i'm a DBZ fan I love it!

srandle317
give me your opinions like new powers,better powering up. OR maybe even a little bloodshed.

sith_darth_jay
what about... NOT being released?

that thing can never be realistic... i hate the series (DB anything) but a friend of mine bought the game and gave it to me.. the only thing i enjoy was playing with Hercules

SaTsuJiN
the whole game engine needs help.... if you have quake 3 arena and want some dbz like fun. head on over to www.bidforpower.com you can even download the dragonball z models at www.planetquake.com . For one, theres never any good beam battle engine in the console dbz games, you never do them by yourself. DBZ is all about power struggles and fast fighting. Those require complex programming that the programmers today are either incapable of (or dont care to be capable) doing these days. Wait til they make a real dragonballz game. These current games are so undeserving of the name its unreal.

blacksheet
to make it better have it like finalbout flying and when you throw energys it makes holes in the ground just little energys and if you doge big energys it destorys the planet then you go to another and when you transform the planet your on shakes the energy flying around and bigger combos and more finishing moves but make it like a new mode and more lifeso they could last longer.

SaTsuJiN
lets just be thankful you dont make games, lol

Linkalicious
very thankful

How about they every n all fighters in the DBZ universe. all the ginue (sp?) everyone, even master roshi.

Oh yeah, i only have Gamecube so i've only played Bodoukai 1, but i have seen a lot of #2

SaTsuJiN
The only other way I see DBZ becoming a successful gaming experience is if they turn it into an MMoRPG. This way people have real use for scouters, they can search for dragonballs, fight over territory, hone thier techniques. Teleportation would be hard in combat though, you'd probably have to hotkey it to teleport a certain distance or perhaps a radius from/near your target. Team beam battles would be awesome as well. It would really have to be a living world for you to get the fullest experience. Multiple planets and everything. MMoRPG is the only way I see that happening, and unfortunately DBZ isnt so successful as to spend that much cash on developing it as such.

budoukai 2 isnt worth the 99 cents to buy a tissue paper to wipe your eyes from crying after you figured out you spend 50 dollars on the same crap in a different wrapper. Thats just my opinion though. They'd better give the game a complete re-work if they ever decide to make part 3.. hopefully they'll think about 4 player support or something similar. www.gamespot.com is fairly honest about thier reviews

SaTsuJiN
Vegeta model from Bid For Power

sith_darth_jay
did someone buy Budokai 2?

my friend (who by the way doesn't have a 128 bit console) bought the game (DB B1) and i let him play in my PS2, he finish the game in a day, and kept telling me the 2 one will pick up where the other one left. poor pathetic fool.

who waste 50 bucks that way?

satsujin> i agree with you, a MMoRPG will be better, but i still hate the series

Lag
Bethesda should buy the series and turn it into a Morrowind type game. That would be perfect. The first thing they should do is get rid of the Fighting Game engine all together. DBZ is much more than that.

I thought BidforPower was forced to not use the DBZ skins and to change the name for that matter. That's the last thing I read which was like 3 years ago.

SaTsuJiN
well thats true to an extent, but they released the skins seperately for anyone who chooses to download them as extra. Which takes away any legality issues since people have to want to look for them.. which is simple cuz you can get them in the models section from planetquake
not to mention there are fanmade skins such as SSJ3 goku, ssj4 gogeta etc. They also have english models/ japanese models where they speak the respective languages.

I dont like budoukais whole.. tap, tap, tap, energy button garbage. Its like a crappier version of virtua fighter. Theres also no point for it to be 3d because there are no three-dimensional attacks/ dodge-moves/ or just plain roaming. You cant fly freely around, hell you can barely jump on your own lol. It just needs a whole re-work from the ground up. The control scheme is far too simple and childish. Only people 14 years of age and under will truely like budoukai. If you're any older than that, you just let atari make a jackass out of you stick out tongue

blacksheet
ok if your trying to make it more real just make the flying thing better cause in the show they dont stay fitting on yhe ground most of the time and change the story to like a video clip like budokai1 but keep the graphics. more characters and harder more levels and plants bigger energys more fusions and more cloths and a longer game mode and power ups like the show be able to fight under water over lava in space.and put the movie characters in it and modes that would be worth the money and some more.

crazy_c
i think the dialogue needs to be a bit better. I dont know about budokai 2 but in budokai 1 some of the things people said was just utter crap. Like when Vegeta called the children of cell a bunch of "aunt sallys" wtf?! huh

megadbz9635
i think u guys should stay of the gay game like super mario thats so old its gay.

megadbz9635
how about a new kind of power like ice killer where turns into a sword and they fight. smile

megadbz9635
i love dbz and family guy on fox or adult swim

megadbz9635
do u guys talk

megadbz9635
ive been talkin for days here

megadbz9635
my email for aim or aol is crazy9635

realworlddreams
a DBZ MMoRPG would suck tho cuz everyone'd wanna be goku or vegeta or one of the other saiyans prolly...n theres only what, like 3 true saiyans n about 4 hybrids rite? i mean yeah theres a lot of others, but it'd be too difficult to get people to play if they all can't be their favorite characters.
mabye jus a really expansive RPG would be good...
but it'd have to have real-time combat, cuz choosing moves would jus suck for a primarily fighting game.

SaTsuJiN
well, those 'special' characters could be NPCs. While the actual players would go through a character customization process, deciding whether they want to be saiyan, namekian etc then filling in thier attributes and thier starting skills. I wouldnt be as bad as these hash up fighters they keep coming out with. Dbz deserves more than that, even though its from the late 1980's lol

realworlddreams
then i t couldnt be set in the time period of the series...
cuz now Namek is blown up...n theres only 2 saiyans (3 if u count Brolly) left
it'd have to be set a LONG time ago...n not many peoples would be into that.

SaTsuJiN
sure, that could be possible. As long as it satisfies the timelines and the story nonsense and gets right down to the gameplay aspects of what dbz could really be. I dont think people would be disappointed as long as they could partake in thier own saga of sorts. Since the story would be that far back you could even reinvent new gadgets such as the scouter, or the resiliant saiyan armors

crazy_c
If i was playin a dbz rpg i'd probably want to play 18 or someone cos the girls don't get enough attention! yes lol

yungarekstar
For all you out there, Zeq 2; the new bid for power mod, has been approached by atari. Atari has signed a contract to start creating the game on gamecube and Ps2. they were impressed by the efforts of the zeq 2 team and have agreed with them to start making a rpg dbz game based on bid for power. there will be huge improvements like total level destructions, face and mouth movements, many more characters, wider levels.etc

Freddy_vs_Jason
How Vegeta called them aunt sallys, that was only in subtitles, the ppl who tanslated the game didnt want swearing, it was actually made by the Japanese, and instead of aunt sallys it was like "you bastards" or "@$$holes" or "f!cken bastards" in japanese, so the americans lied and put in subtitles saying they were something else with much cleaner language, and the graphics for "bid for power" look cool, is it a new game comming out on x-box or something?

Freddy_vs_Jason
Bid for power sounds wicked, it better come out on x-box.

Psymonsaiyan
Anybody should be able to fuse

RDK
Just make it 3rd person and mmorpg and make you're own character like in the matrix online. i've even created a controller lay-out for ps2 and i think it will work fine. and you should be able to customize everything to create the real dbz feeling. and why would you wanna play with the characters from the serries. i mean the saiyan concept is great but the serries are pretty pathetic.

bardock
they should make one like gta vice but with dbz. you could wreak havoc on people and have story that your could finish when you want.
on a game where you are a saiyan warrior under frieza

mega vegetrunks
if u ask me all dragonball z budokia 3 need is the chocie to level up or make attacks of ur own like super sayain 5 or something and mabey the choice of creating you own charecter and then just chuck some new charecters in. i ve also herd and seen pictures of movie charecters(cooler frizas brother brooly the legendary super sayain and many more mabey even android 13)

bardock
yeah creating characters would be sweet.

JToTheP
3 will be the best! big grin

SaTsuJiN
hate them all.. they never do the show justice (you need freedom of movement for that to happen).. not punch punch punch energy button (omg auto super move ) -_-

Phoenix Aska
Hmmm....this game 1, 2, and even 3 will be horrible!!!

The best dragonball game is dragon ball gt final bout...

All though it may have worse graphics than Budokai, it is still much funner to play...

JToTheP
Final Bout is garbage. Don't go turning this topic into a flamefest over the trilogy and how they made it. I hate most fighting games with their 20 button combinations, this is perfect for me, and I love DBZ.

Walfredo
Pre-orders ship tomorrow right? So only a few more days for this. I think it will be the best of the series, or at least thats the way the trailers make it look....

Magee
I think budokai 3 will be the best ( lol as hard as it would be) due to the fact they have a game mode where u can freely fly around, wich is the one thing i have alwasy wanted in a dbz game. Along with better controls, more characters, teleportation whooo, lightning counters etc etc DB B3 should be better than the previosu ones.

edwinian
I am def going to get Budokai 3...the reviews are totally sick...like 8.5 and 9s and stuff. Makes me think its going to be a lot better than 1 adn 2 (to the person that said its not)

asana
i hope atari improve on the gameplay b/c budokai sucked to me .for example when u do a super and it connects. if the other player wasnt blocking at 1st suddenly it block the move
but i cant blame it much like at its producer atari
the worst company ever .how can they make enter the matrix without the most important character Neo stupid.
in the magazines budokai is the worst fight action game ever at least capcom
i sayin this and i am a dbz fan
i hope budokai 3 will be decent i doubt it but iam will still get for collection
please have counters attacks
please let captain ginyu be able to do body change from any character
beside myself
how broly is strong compare to the movie

Magee
Well budokai 3 does look promising, it will have counter attacks. And amazing combos and i think it will be more free as in u can fly now instead of floating.

But i mean this is the best part. They have a game mode where u fly around a full 3D world fighting bad guys!!!!

Walfredo
The game is sky-rocketing. User Reiews are up to 9.4 on gamespot. For anyone not so sure even in the face of that I would say take a look at their review too... DBZ Review

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.