Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield (X-Box)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Daedalus
I recently purchased a copy of Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield, after reading the reviews and playing it on PC I thought "Yeah! This is gonna be awesome!" So I booted it up and then......well, it was awesome, it does rule, but then I thought about it and realised how much they've taken out of the PC Original, for one you only get Ding Chaves , Louis Loiselle, Eddie Price and some other guys name I can't remember (lol), you don't get to choose you're own team members and you dont get to kit em up yourself, that was the fun part! No planning, or anything, granted its been converted to PC well and the controls are solid, but the textures are a bit dodgy and the game has been too simplified, I've been playing Rainbow Six scince the release of the orignal and I think the console version focused too much on action as opposed to strategy.

SaTsuJiN
PC version , cuz mouse and keyboard make for sheer accurate perfection. My friend showed me rainbow six 3, it was really nice. Especially the silenced AK-47 ( i think 47, since they have lots of new numbers now ) rofl.

Daedalus
I agree but I also prefer the PC version because of the fact you can still do the super cool team planning thing. Theres nothing more satisfying than having one of your well exectuted plans come into place. What I do like about the console version is the fact they added voice recognition.

Lag
I haven't played the PC version, actually I haven't played the PC version of anything, but I loved this game on the X-BOX. I just beat it on the hardest difficulty and I have to tell you it suited me just fine. For me, it's up in the ranks of HALO. Campaign mode was cool for the fact of utilizing your squad. I particularly enjoyed the Zulu-go-code, it was fun to bust into a room from two different doors. This game is a whole different experience on X-box Live. It's all about killing and living here. You do have a team, but you don't control them as much, especially if your team-mates are the run n gun type, you just have to look after yourself and it all comes down to your skill and ability to move fast and think faster.

This is a bit off the topic, but it was mentioned that the keyboard mouse combonation is more precise than a controller and I know this is purely preference, but I think when it comes to accuracy with the controller it's just how dedicated you are to fine out how to use it. Accuracy also doesn't really matter in Rainbow Six as much because if you just get the reticle somewhere near the target the spray of the gun will usually kill, but in games like Delta Force, Halo, or RedFaction, where the bullet will go right where the reticle is, then it does matter and it comes down to the dedication of the user.

Daedalus
I actually prefer using a controller (not when playing PC games tho), it just feels better and everything is alot simpler.

I'm more of a console person myself but I do think they took far too much out of Rainbow Six 3 for the X-Box, like you though Lag I also enjoyed bursting into two rooms taking the enemy completely unawares.

I aint quite good enough to play on Elite yet I get wasted within seconds, started playing on the veteran difficulty setting and just recently had the satisfaction of saving the president guy from Alcatraz (that was damn hard saving him tho) ninja

Lag
I'll second that. Also a hard part was when you had to protect those two hostages untill your helicopter arives. The hostages would just stand anywhere. I had to push them up against the wall as fast as I could. Then I would hide behind the box that was up against the wall so wouldn't get caught from two sides and I would kill all of the ones that were in plain view and pop out to kill the rest. I remember I didn't have to much live also just from the first half of the level, so I had to be extra careful.

Lag
Do you play on X-box Live and if you do what's your Gamer Tag. Maybe I could find you. I don't have mine set up yet, but I'll probably be Lag when I do. I usually play in the same room as my friends who are SpangoFett, BD Boppa, and Winters ( the guy from Band of Brothers) so look out for those guys,too.

Daedalus
I aint got Live yet, hopefully gettin it soon tho, I really wanna see what its like on Live because I've heard thats where the game really shines.

Lag
Yeah I haven't had a bad time yet on Live. You can put names on search and put people on friend list. So when you do put Lag on.

Daedalus
________ _________
| | CHAVEZ \ ____________________ / |
|__| -^ \\\\ \ / O FOLLOWING \ / MINI- |
| WEAPON NAME \ / \\\\ \\\\ \\\\ \ / MAP |
| 030x14\_/ PRICE LOISELLE WEBER \ / |
'------------------------------------------'-------------------- ' big grin

Daedalus
That didn't work well sad

SpikeSpiegel
Are the PC and console versions different?

SpikeSpiegel
Never mind I found out. I'm goign to save up and get the PC gold edition, the X-box one, the Black Arrow X-box one and an x-box live starter pack......good thing I've got a job

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.