Cold Mountain

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
I think that's the title.....this movie comes out in well...this month...Christmas time I think....it has Natalie Portman (supposedly) as a supporting actress..

Jude Law???
Nicole Kidman....
Renee Zelweger.....( I am fairly certain I misspelled that)
anyone know anything more about this?

Tex
Yeah, its from Lars Von Trier, I dont like his movies.

buffymitch
Doesn't matter who thew director is i'm sure Nicole Kidman wil deliver another fascinating performance. CAn't wait for this one.

boxofdeath
does kidman get naked? because thats the only way im ever gonna see this movie

Julie
I want to see it...but I doubt I'll see it on opening day. It comes out on Christmas....Jude Law, Nicole Kidman, and Renee Zelweger Natalie Portman ( minor somebody)

looks good

Julie
ooops....wrong forum.....someone move please.....I'll review it when I see it...but it aint out yet

mindbugaling
natalie portmans in it really?

Kes
Moving to movie discussion.
moving--moved

badkittykitty
I just came back from seeing this..it was very good..Natalie Portman isnt in it very long though and I think Renee Zelweger should get a Oscar nom for her performance..she made the movie for me smile

Fallen Jedi
I saw it myself today. It was really good. And I agree with you badkittykitty. Renee deserves an oscar nod. Nicole was awesome too, as well as Jude Law, which I found to look really hot (well, without the beard and facial hair). And Natalie Portman...for those who have been bashing her acting lately (referring to her role in Star Wars), she did a great job. She played a minor character but her performance stands out. She's in her element here. I hope she does more movies soon.

VallejoKid707
i saw a little bit of it. i thought it was stupid.

Binx
What part did you see, VallejoKid707? My mom and I saw it on New Years and I thought it was real good. Renee did get an Oscar Nomination for her role and as for Portman's acting, I thought she did a good job in it. It's actually leading the Golden Globes with 8 nominations.

Fallen Jedi
Renee got an Oscar nomination for her role? I thought the nominees were going to be annonced until later in January. Yes, and agree with you Binx, Natalie Portman did a great job. She is my all-time favorite actress.

Binx
My bad. I meant Golden Globes. This is why you should double check what you write.

VallejoKid707
some part when a guy and a woman were in bed and the guy got a cut or a burn or something and the woman starts crying.

Fallen Jedi
Are you talking about the Natalie Portman scene? Before you judge a movie, Vallejokid707, you should watch the entire movie. I'm pretty sure you would have liked it if you actually sat down and watched the whole thing.

Binx
Yeah, Fallen Jedi is right. The scene you described is waaaay off. I was starting to think I missed something for a minute. The scene you saw was Natalie Portman playing a widow with a sick baby and she wanted Jude Law to lay next to her to make her feel safe or she missed having a warm body next to her. Something like that anyway.

cermiestar
was jude law ayankee or a confederate?

ORLI MY BOI!
wasnt Sadie Frost spose to play the part of the Natalie Portman but cuz of the big scandal with Nicole and Jude they cut her out and put Natalie in instead

i thought it was a fantastic movie it got me and my mum crying lol
Big Thumbs up from me smile

SweetNsouR
ne thing that nicole "white as snow baboon" is in will surely annoy me.

Binx
Jude Law was a Confederate soldier. As for Portman's part, I just knew that Jennifer Garnier and Faith Hill tried for the part.

Lyn
I really, really, really have to see this film.

Danistar
Has anyone seen this wonderful movie? rolling on floor laughing I like it so much roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kes

Danistar
I didn't expect anything from this movie. I just went to see it because of Nicole Kidman and Renee Zellwegger. But this movie surprised me a lot. I'm so glad that there weren't too many war scenes because I'm sick of it already. The movie is beautiful and cruel. It shows how war affects people lives. I was so pitty for those people who were killed by Teage and his gang, so I was very glad when Ada clobbered him with a stick laughing out loud I like Ada fighting with a cock laughing poor townswoman Ada without Ruby's help wouldn't have done anything, their friedship was so nice. I like Ruby and her father line.

Kes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.