The Romance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

amidala985
Judging from the teaser, and the very few details GL has allowed to leak out about the plot, this romance between Anakin and Padme is going to be a key part of the script. How do you think this will develop? What do you think will happen?

King Jedi
I don't think it will be like Han and Leia. I think it will be a lot more extreme.

finti
bummer, romances always ruin good action flicks

bigsef2
i dont think the romance in episode 2 will amount to anything, really. atleast not in comparison to the great chemistry in the original trilogy between han and leia. not to be pessemistic, but george doesnt give a crap about character or story anymore. he does in superficial sense, but not really. hes concerned with ILM making even more billions. i do think episode 2 will be better than episode 1, but it will dissapoint. i have a feeling the romance will be very superficial. anakin and amidala will be in love, but they wont ever explain HOW or even WHY they fall in love and what attracts them to eachother. lucas wont do enough character development to make it worthwhile.

yerssot
didn't they got married in EpII?

Dim

Dim

Dim

Dim

yerssot
ok ok, we got the point

Dim
What?..It wouldn't fit on all one post.

yerssot
no?

Texas
That's the trailer available on the 9th?

King Jedi
Wouldn't it be funny if it was wrong and Dim typed all of that for nothing.rolling on floor laughing Maybe not.sad

yerssot
copy-paste more lickly... I think

Dim
You actually think I would waste all that timelaughing out loud I just copied some other poor sucker's work..

I believe that that trailer should be coming out on Nov 16th with Harry Potter.

yerssot
wasn't it ratcat that wrote it all down?

Dim
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud Hmm..no.

yerssot
queeq then?

Dim
No no no..someone at TFN..my boyfriend found it for me.

yerssot
figures roll eyes (sarcastic)
wel, tomorrow we will know more (that's for the ones that don't life in the US, I guess)

mah
i'm looking forward to the romance stuff, it will be nice to see how anakin behaves in a relationship.maybe he gets all pissed off by small things. for example: " NO! you'll wash the dishes bit*h or i'll beat you real good!" big grin

jedi212guy
Wash the dishes? Oh man.roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ani/Ami_love
Hey smile

The romance between Anakin and Padme is an important part of the story because, obviously, all that leads up to Luke and Leia being born.

ToMacco
AAL, I completly agree with you! Star Wars needs to go a fresh direction to save a lot of their fans. A romantic, slower paced film would be perfect.

I would love to see 50% of the movie focus on those two's relationship. But that's probably not gonna happen.sad

amidala985
Exactly...Hopefully GL will actually consider the plot this time around. I would love to see a much more mature plot, and I think this romance could be just the key. Not only will it tie up a lot of loose ends in the Star Wars story, but it will probably lure in an even bigger teenage audience...and being that I am a teenager, I know what we like to see -- Star Wars has always had everything -- action, romance, and excitement. Plus, there's Natalie for the young guys, and heh heh evil face Haydeneek! for the young ladies. Can we say sex appeal? Nothing like good old SA to reel in young audiences.

ToMacco
Yeah, that's probably how it will go.

I don't go to Star Wars for sex, I just wanna see Obi-wan kick some more ass.smokin'

King Jedi
What does SA mean?

Ushgarak
I would guess sex appeal KJ...

mah
seen the trailer on TV now, and portman looks SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO goodembarrasment embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment she's worth a visit to the theater herself. eek! i think the trailer was good by the way,felt quite unbelievable when i saw it, great stuff.

and natalieembarrasment embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment

amidala985
sex appeal wink

sand person no. 10
south africa!
big grin

Ani/Ami_love
With Hayden, Ewan and Natalie....there's plenty of SA.

I wanna see Anakin kicking butt!! Love Hayden!big grin

King Jedi
Ahhhhhh sex appeal. Now I understand. stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.