UK EPII release date!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sideshowtob
UK release day for EP II to be the same as the US

Could be bogus, but I hope to hell its true!

yerssot
tf.n are sometimes correc, sometimes not

mah
what about rest of europe?

sideshowtob
Unkown, they only mentioned UK sad

Ratcat
I'll wait for it to be published somewhere reliable. TF.N isn't reliable any more.

Raz
They were quite accurate about the trailers, lets hope they're correct about this *crosses fingers*

Ushgarak
Well, they give no indication as to why they think that source is reliable. And things like release dates are the sort pof thing that are very often erroneously reported.

King Jedi
RC why don't you think TFN are reliable anymore? I've never liked that site anyway.

yerssot
discussion with the mods...

King Jedi
What?confused

yerssot
don't know the whole story but it's a little war over at tf.net... I thought it was...

King Jedi
Well I hope TFN lost.big grin

yerssot
darn it! here is the proper thread!

A lot of spie reports are talking about a worldwide release...
though they are saying it comes on May 17th... not 22!

Ratcat
A lot of things.

For one there is a civil war going on between the TF.N Staffers and the TF.N Forum admins and Mods.

For another, the lie too much in their stories.

Yesterday for instance they did not post the story about the trailer, they missed it by 2 hours in fact.

Then they frigged their webpage to make it look like they had reported it first, (mucking up the date format so the year was missing) but in the process made it look like they reported it 2 hours BEFORE IT HAPPENED laughing out loud

Then they changed that to look like they reported on the trailer 10 minutes after it was posted.

I know for a fact, cos I was checking, that they didn't actually post anything about the trailer until 2 hours after.

I've been discussing this with a number of the webmasters out there over the last 24 hours. Vader (JadeNet) told me he's seen them do this loads of times, as did T'Bone says it's pretty typical behavour, You don't wanna know what Damion Graff said!!!

Here's the entire email;

Sent: 05 November 2001 18:14
To: Tai-Zec (SWU); JediNet; Damion Graff; springer; djfatboy1; sithavenger; T'Bone; Aldera
Subject: TheForce.Net Time Travellers...

This mailing goes to a select group whom I know will appreciate this little Gem...

Our good friends at TheForce.Net appear to have developped a unique knack, the ability to time travel...

Their headline for the Breathing release reads thus; E2 Teaser Arrives At Official Site Mon, Nov 5, 8:08:32 AM EDT

or to put it another way. Monday, November 15th 2001. 8:08:32sec AM Eastern Daylight Time

From here on out I will explain in GMT (Greenwich Meantime) as I am a stupid englishman...

OK, EDT is minus 4 hours GMT. The trailer was released by www.starwars.com at EXACTLY 15:00 GMT (I know this because I was page refreshing like a mad man to catch it and even caught the 404 glitch during update transitions....)

Anyway, according to my calculations that would mean it was released at EXACTLY 11:00 EDT. Even if they meant EST that would still only be 10 in the morning. So, somehoe TheForce.Net managed to released the news 3 hours BEFORE it was released on StarWars.Com... Hmmmm, I don't think so.... Read on....

HOWEVER, THAT IS NOT THE BEST BIT.....

I was curious as to how long they were going to take to update on this one anyway, so I was checking in at TheForce.net every 5 minutes from release time until about 90 minutes after release time.

THEY DID NOT POST ANYTHING ABOUT IT!!!

So basically they have gone back and sc####d around with there clocks to make it look like they were on the ball and in the process it would appear that someone f###ed up big style and got the times wrong.

Just thought I'd mention it.... ;o)

===================================
Ratcat
[email protected]
http://www.SWMovies.Net
www.SWMovies.Net is not affiliated
with Lucasfilm Ltd or any other
licensee of Lucasfilm Ltd

yerssot
now, that's something I don't appreciate!

Texas
Those fiendish scoundrelsbig grin

Ratcat
And which site actually had it first??? Well it was ME!!!!

SWMovies.Net posted the first notification that StarWars.Com has released it.

We posted at 1 minutes past the hour, thanks to a good bit of prediction on my part and a prepared article based on information gained.

*Pats self on back*

rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

And does anyone care, like hell they do!!!sad

Raz
Congratulation RC. Weren't you also the first to report about Haydens casting?

Ratcat
Nah, I was close but TFN had it 4 minutes before me... mad

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Dim
Good job RC..I always like to see you beat TFN to the punch..

queeq
Well done, RC.

Now about that release date..... If they don't release it in Holland on the same date, I'm afraid we'll have to have that meeting in the UK after all...

darth fester
since the uk is helping america in the war on terrorism i think its only fair that we should be able to see aotc the same day as our brothers across the ocean

yerssot
yeah, rather a plane to London then to LA!

King Jedi
I know this is off topic but back to TFN for a minute - I've never understood it when they post spoilers and say that it was posted first in their forums.
Who are these guys in the forums? Are they part of TFN? Or are they just fans like us? It seems to me that they post things in the forums. TFN read that and post it.confused

Ani/Ami_love
I hope EPII is released on the same day here, as in the U.S. But EP I was released here in the UK, a month after it was released over there wasn't it?

Texas
I think he should have a world wide release, but from what I've heard he likes attending premiersconfused

Ushgarak
It was two months later before. Nightmare!

Texas
I couldn't take it knowing that 300,000,000 people could see the movie and I couldn't, I'd kill myself!!!!!!wink

yerssot
I'm hearing rumors about 16th of May...

yerssot
http://www.theforce.net/episode2/newspics/AOTC_release_date.jpg

and this is what I saw a few minutes ago...

Dim
About TFN..I've noticed over the last couple of months that they're using what's said on their boards more and more for news..does anyone else think this is lame?

They guys in the forums don't really have anything to do with the running of TFN...and because of that TFN higherups tend to treat them like crap...but at the same time they lean on them to make them seem like they know what's going on.

Wouldn't it be cool if RC's site got as much notority as TFN..but he'd have to get some people to help him if it got that big eek!

King Jedi
I'd love to see another site take over from TFN.

yerssot
can't http://www.swmovies.net, http://www.killermovies.com and http://www.episode-II.co.uk work very closely togather?

And I hope that tf.n falls! I want another site!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.