Heard of Fable?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DyceIBG
If you havn't heard of the RPG called Fable coming out for the X-Box then you should check it out. It is supposed to be released in the spring, but you know how that goes. It seems to be a great RPG for the Box, and I will be dissapointed if it is because all of the other RPG's for it sucked or was way too short (Baldures Gate: Dark Alliance had to be the shortest RPG of all times man). But anyways, go to a site that reviews games and check it out. I think there is a review on it at XBoxCentral.net
http://www.xboxcentral.net/

SilverFighter
According to Gamespot it will be release in May. Damn it I want it play it before Halo 2 get's out first!!

Darth Bandon
Wasn't it called Project Ego years ago?

SilverFighter
Yeah but I guess Peter Molyneux decided to change the name a year ago. I think that Blue box felt that Project Ego wasn't a very attracting name for a fantasy RPG game.

SaTsuJiN
its supposed to be good, but we'll see when it comes out. no use speculating on beta screenshots when it comes to an rpg. I do find the concept very interesting. If it works out then theoretically I can use dark powers for doing good. If it doesnt then you probably wind up filling up the typical roles, mighty hero or dark sorcerer.

DyceIBG
good point. I've been fooled a couple of times with looking at screenshots (Baldures Gate to be the biggest). And I hope that it works out like it's supposed to. I hate short RPG's man. Pisses me off like nothin else.

Lag
There was a preview of this game on Spike TV VGAs. It looks awesome. No need to fear if this will be a good game, it will be.

Have any of you played Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. Talk about a long RPG. I finally beat it and haven't done half the stuff that is possible in that game. You can actually sit down and read books in that game, full length books! Not that anybody wants to do that, but it there.

JKozzy
big grin I want....

SaTsuJiN
actually, Elderscrolls 3 doesnt have 'full length' books, maybe a few pages with an excerpt. However, Elderscrolls : daggerfall has full length books I believe. It is a very nice feature though.

secondly, I dont think fable will have anywhere near the depth of an elderscrolls game. Theres always hope though wink

Lag
Have you read about it. They have an enginge where everything you do matters including fights that will leave you with life long scars. I just thought that maybe they won't have any room for much depth because of the engine. sad I'm having more thoughts about how beautiful the game is, which usually takes away depth. Unless it pulls a Halo and has depth, length, and looks.

Hypester
the game, at this point, is good... how GREAT it will be remains to be seen but the concept hasn't been done before... and honestly, I didn't think it was possible...

This game is the most ambitious out there, by far. Not one game comes anywhere close to aiming how high this one does. Couple that with a massive development time and I really can't see how this game can suck. Odds are it will be the very best game ever, honestly. MHO.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.