The opening scene of Epi. II

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

theEviljedi
My thoughts are that it starts off in space were Sidious is on a stolen ship with his new plan and his new apprenetice.The scene later changes to Anakin with R2 on Tattione preparing to free Shmi.Your ideas?

SebulbaStar
I'd like to see it Pan down to a planet, and we see a large ship escaping from this planet, being chased by Sidious, and his new Sith Apprentice....with heavy fire shots filling the screen..the ship explodes, and then the next shot is a interior shot with Sidious telling his new Sith Apprentice some info about the jedi, or something....

Xizor
I mentioned what I'd love to see for an opening scene. Here it goes again: The Jedi council send C'Boath and other Jedi's on the Out Bound Flight Project, a cover up for their looking into the rumors of cloning. As we open it pans down to show a ship chase like the one at the start of ANH. Thrawn and his larger ship are chasing C'Baoth's smaller one, because they got to close to the cloning factories on Mandalore. Fett could be on the ship with Thrawn, the bounty hunters board and kill the Jedi, C'Baoth's hand is brought to the cloning factories so he can be cloned into a crazy Dark Jedi. Thrawn takes over the ships on Mandalore.

Darth Daft
Basically I just want the section on Tatooine where Anakin frees his mum to be the opening scene. Although it would be very similar to the opening scene of Return of the Jedi, except it's not Han Solo he's saving, it's Shmi.

Neobi Kenobi
I personally noticed that Lucas likes to start his movies with a fight or a problem. So I expect to see space and possible ships fighting or a conversation on a ship.

Ushgarak
ROTJ had the most unusal starting, with the opening scene being dispensed with quickly.

Ep II needs to establish itself AGAIN, it being the start of a new story (admittedly with characters we already know this time, though), so it will probably have a tradional opener, as you say.

Zareil
I thought you might be here. Anyway if it were up to me which obviously it isn't I would believe it to start with the Jedi council ship descending and returning to the old domicile to find a shut down c3po and having to go look for his mother. After all how is he going to have kept track of her. I like the idea of Sidious being seen in a ship first, but that would seem to be the predominant factor of the film and given that there should probably be a darker ending to this trilogy even if it does see the end of a war or a rebel victory I cant see Sidious being the starting point. Could be wrong of course but its just that given this film is likely to be the clone wars and the beginning of the down ward spiral of Anakin, I would have thought it to begin with a higher note, to emphasis the worse points later on. maybe perchance the wedding, nah actually unlikely... what was I thinking.. its late next thing I'll be saying Jar Jar is likely to have grown up and become a real hero, maybe a jedi... god I'm tired

Ushgarak
After that effort, I'm not surprised.
All of the movies so far have started with bad things happening- Leia loses her ship, Luke gets badly injured, the DSII is revaled, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan are betrayed. Perhaps a happy starting would be a nice change.

Zareil
meet you in the bar master?

JediOasis
Nah, based on the spoilers......

spoiler space....

....but it appears that EPII has a bad start too, with Padme's ship being blown up and the Senate is left to think that she died...............booya! I am a Knight again, in case anybody doesn't know I used to be Jedimaster3838, but I started over. Man, I'd almost be a Master by now, oh well.

Edna witch
Anakin doesnt free his mum! He goes to Tatooine to find her after having a disturbing vision about her being in danger about half way through the film and Watto tells him that she is no longer a slave to him. Watto is broke through gambling. Anakin asks where she went and he tells her that she has married a man called Clieg Lars (you see the story falling into place?). He has a son called Owen. Anakin meets Owen and his girlfriend Beru Whitesun and hears that his mother is out in the desert. He goes to find her and discovers she has been attacked by Tusken Raiders. She dies in his arms and Anakin is devastated!

And the opening scene? Well like all Star wars films it begins in space with Senator Padme's ship aproaching Coruscant. She know longer goes by the name Amidala as she is no longer queen of the Naboo. In a shocking attack the ship is destroyed and it appears as though Padme is dead.

Ushgarak
Uh... you don't know that for certain. No-one does. Was all that stated as fact or opinion?

queeq
It is the currently accepted rumour of how the movie starts. Did you read the supposedly genuine scroll text, it refers directly to Padme. And her ship being blown up is rumoured to be the beginning of the film. Combine that with the traditional shot of tilting down, seeing a planet and a space ship appearing, I think Edna is onto something.

But it is all rumour of course. So far.

Edna witch
I know none of it is known fo certain but my sources have been very reliable in the past so justwatch this space! You'll see!

Ushgarak
Ok... you're the witch-dude-person, of course.

queeq
And a clever witch as well. wink

jedi212guy
I think that the best beginning possible would be Jar-Jar dying. I'm sure that would be the happiest way possible to start Epi. II. Except the rest of the movie would be all downhill from there!

queeq
Bad news for you dude. JarJar is a Senator in Ep2.

jedi212guy
Yeh, I've heard, but I can still dream, can't I?

queeq
Close your eyes and enjoy.

finti
Jar Jar a senatorsick

Edna witch
A compliment from Queeq? To what do I owe this pleasure?

finti
He`s just a big Dutch tulip flirtsmile

theEviljedi
Hey I wrote this months ago...it's not my fault my idea didn't come true,witch girl.

queeq
Edna, you know I wuv you. THAT'S what you owe this pleasure to. And why do you say I'm a Dutch flirt, Gundy? Where on earth did you get THAT impression. laughing out loud

Ushgarak
Careful there, buddy. When I get jealous, I cry.

queeq
You stop dancing with Gundy, and I stop wooing Edna. laughing out loud

Ushgarak
I'll woo you in a minute!

queeq
AHEM. I'm sure Edna will lose interest now. laughing out loud

Gundark
AHEM, queeq, I did NOT call you a dutch flirt, that was finti. This is the first I have even POSTED in this thread. Obviously all that money you invested in that speed reading course was poorly spent. You will now grovel on your knees and beg for your apprentice's forgiveness. laughing out loud laughing out loud

finti
Ah others got blamed for my postingsevil face eh by the way arent we in EpII &III postingsembarrasment

jedi212guy
That's right finiti. Keep them on track. Congrats on the new level of Master.

Edna witch
Ah well! I dont mind a bit of harmless flirting sweetie as long as I am in no danger of getting punched by gundy!

Ushgarak
You see! She's worried about Gundy, and not me. THAT'S how it works around here.

You know, I was always wondering if they would go for another Tatooine opener.

Edna witch
Nope I think this one is going to be a Coruscant opener like I said.

Ushgarak
Well as I say, you're the witch...

Edna witch
Yes I am! Cant disagree with that!

Dim
Okay...back on topic people...

Opening scene or something like that..your thoughts please.

Ushgarak
Blimey, Edna and myself were only talking about openers three posts ago... it's getting strict around here.

Actually each opener so far has been at a new location. Will he break that tradition?

Dim
Actually I meant the Chaos and Mayhem factor here, Ush laughing out loud Forgive me...I've been away for a week and feel like I have to house clean...so to speak.

As for the opening scene...I'd think that he'll have a new location...but the action in the scene will be reminisent of the other films.

Gundark
It may well start out on Coruscant, but not on Tatooine. They spent way too much time there in ep1. But I honestly think it will start with a view of and eventual action upon, one of the new planets.

jedi212guy
I'm getting a little tired of Tatooine. It's already been in 3 of the 4 movies.

Dim
Yeah..but it's too important to think that it won't be shown.

yerssot
I think that the letters comes, than pans down to a ship, there a scene with Annakin and Obi-wan who are discussing there mission.

queeq
Who reopened this old thing. Started by EJ. RC's gonna have a fit. big grin

Ushgarak
Someone has been checking the back posts. Right-on, Yerssot! A VERY early Edna post there as she hasn't posted in the Star Wars discussion areas in nearly six months.

Anyway, it's looking almost certain that it begins at Coruscant now, isn't it?

Texas
Opening scene: I have consulted Ms. Cleo, she consulted her terra cards: definitely Naboo! big grin

yerssot
Yeah, I think it's Coruscant with a ship leaving: OB1 and Annakin

darthyogi
This is what I heard:

Opens with ship heading for Naboo - Jar Jar, now a senator, is informing Boss Nass of the senates' plight over recent 'terrorist' moves aginst the jedi council, and is concerned that unrest could lead to conflict.

The first word spoken in the film comes from Boss Nass himself and is the word "War?!!", countering the final word of TPM (which he also spake) which was, of course, "Peace!"

Don't remember where I got that - could even have been here in this forum - but someone claimed it to be credible...

eek!

yerssot
Maybe from the scriptment

Ushgarak
Scriptment says Coruscant.

JediOasis
A long time ago the rumor was that the first line was Boss Nass saying "War!" but after all the recent "spoilers" it seems as if he's not even in the movie any more. Just goes to show that everything we think we know is probably all false leads given by the people at LFL.

Ushgarak
Certainly a lot of the early stuff was crap (I remember the Tatooine invasion rumour...) but a lot of stuff since then is far more likely to be genuine; the more time goes by the more shots and stuff from the filsm seem to match what was predicted; people thought names like Jango Fett and Zam Wessel were nonsense but now there they are on the site...

I'm always sceptical, but there is no escaping that a lot has been blown.

sand person no. 10
from the 4 examples so far i would have thought the beginning would start with a picture of the bad guys ship, perhaps chasing padme and her ship or perhaps sidous sending dooku off to wait for anakin or a look at the ship that has the cloning gear, just a thought. i find it hard to believe that gl would start such an important film with such an uminportant character as boss nas.

Ushgarak
The generally accepted thing right now is Amidala's ship arriving on Coruscant and blowing up shortly afterwards.

Still, we will see.

yerssot
It's still not sure

darthyogi
Personally, I'd like to see Lucas break the mould and do something completely unexpected to open AOTC. Like have a false start that turns out to be Anakin's dream or something that eludes to events to follow. Lucas is going to have to dramatise Anakin's conflict somehow, just as he did Luke's with the Vader encounter in the tree on Dagabah.

It would be brave of Lucas to start AOTC with a sequence like the tree encounter, then have Anakin wake up, sweaty and confused. It would certainly drive home the conflict, could be used to foreshadow important events, tie up lose ends/events between episode I and II and throw the audience completely.

I know dreams in films can be terribly tacky, but Anakin makes a big deal about his dreams in EpI, so it would at least be justified.

Make me happy, anyway.

smile

yerssot
No, we won't

darthyogi
Is that "No, we won't" SEE or "No, we won't" make you happy? laughing out loud

ToMacco
The dream should happen, then he wakes up sweaty. He rolls over in bed where Padme is laying. Then guess what happens? smile

yerssot
The only certainty we have with the opening scene is that it is in space

ToMacco
I think this is how Episode II will open:

STAR
WARS

EPISODE II

ATTACK OF THE CLONES smile big grin laughing out loud

I know, I know, no one likes a smart ass! rolling on floor laughing

yerssot
Are you sure?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.