Can He Pull It Off?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

theEviljedi
I just watched the 10 minute feature on the re-release of the SW trilogy and noticed something about Joel Edgerton. He has a very heavy Australin accent and sounds nothing at all like Phil Brown. How will he pull it off?

Jedi Mercenary
what will he play again??

Jedimaster3838
He is playing Uncle Owen if I'm not mistaken. And as far as him pulling it off I think he will. Actors can disguise their voices very good. Ewan McGregor's real voice is not even close to what it is in TPM.

Dim
If it ends up sounding wrong they'll dub it over...I wouldn't worry about it.

Ratcat
ACtually I thought he "Luke.. LUKE!" impression was pretty close to the mark.

Dim
Hmmmm, guess I'm going to have to watch it now...

Ratcat
Dim, you sound like you don't want any spoilers????

Go Joel, go Joel, go Joel, woooohooooooooooo!

Dim
Well, I wanna be teased a little..but nothing major..I don't want to know the whole movie before it comes out.

Gundark
Don't forget they dubbed over Aunt Beru's voice (and that was after ANH was released). Why did they do that ?

theEviljedi
Do you know that Anthony Daniel's voice sounds nothing like 3PO's?

Ratcat
Well he is a Character actor and as such has alway had to perform a wide range of voices. He is also a bit of a comic I hear.

Dim
I heard him do a radio interview in Salt Lake City...he's hilarious.. a real smart aleck.

Ratcat
I'd love to meet him, I've exchanged emails with his PA and Maki (One of my Fan Gallery Owners) met him in Japan last month, she said he was a really nice guy.

Gundark
That would be so cool to meet him. What would you ask him first ?

Ratcat
Well I wouldn't ask him about Star Wars, that's all so much in the public domain now that I would want to ask him about his one man show and stuff. I hear it's really great.

Dim
Yeah, I'd just pick any subject...just talk to him...he loves an audience..

Ratcat
Exactly! I hear that his presentations for teh Art of Star Wars were very much like that.

Gundark
I'm sorry, at some point I'd have to grovel and ask for his autograph. rolling on floor laughing

Ratcat
Oh yeah, but that's a given.

Dim
I wouldn't...too much pride, plus what would you do with a piece of paper with someone's name on it?

Ratcat
Frame it dummy, oops Dimmy. laughing out loud

Gundark
I have a set of Ralph McQuarrie super high glossy storyboards from ANH. He'd be signing the one with him and R2 in their prototype form....and I'd be passed out on the floor. stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.