Shadow Speculation

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dim
http://www.theforce.net/episode2/newspics/teaser/Image12.jpg

Okay...maybe I'm just overly bored but I want to know what the large shadow in the right hand corner of the pic is..I can't think of anything that big and low that would be around the homestead. Another thing is that the line and definition of the shadow (it's soft fuzzy outline) suggests that it's not something like a ship (that would have a harder, cleaner line..kind of like the homestead's shadow)

Any thoughts

ToMacco
It's a great big fat guy standing in front of the lighting.

Dim
Well, I guess that's one possiblity roll eyes (sarcastic)

Now the question is...who?laughing out loud

finti
Probably a ship, Anakin on the "bike", Amidala came in a ship?? and "parked" it right to the homestead. Guess the other shadows are vaporizers

Dim
I don't think so..if it was a ship the shadow would have a hard line like the homestead does..

yerssot
I think it's a mountain with some plants on it...

sand person no. 10
it might just be a ship farther away, the farther away something is the more fuzzy the shadow would be.

yerssot
but not like that!

mechmoggy
Clutching at straws here but if it is a ship and it's got it's landing thruster things going, wouldn't that diffuse the light and hence give the edges that blury-ness? confused

yerssot
than they must be on the top and I don't think it's that..

darthyogi
I'm guessing its a cloud, or possibly a sandstorm. It would be very dramatic to have the romantic moment of embrace suddenly fall under shadow, a nice foreshadowing (if you'll pardon the pun) of the troubled times ahead.

So my money's on a sandstorm. The two are forced in doors and spend their time sheltering from the storm reaquating themselves with their emotions for one another. Wow - having them fall in love and Anakin start talking about leaving the Jedi Order while a storm whipped up outside would be sheer poetry!!!

I can almost see the sand swirling into eddies and that speeder bike being swept away as the two lovers fight their way to the safety of the homestead... I want to see it NOW!

Dim
While I think that's a very sweet idea, I kind of doubt it because I believe they would then be totally emersed in the shadow.. mech had an interesting idea with the blurriness.. maybe it's a ship that's getting ready to leave..Could they be saying goodbye?..or hello??

darthyogi
But looking at the other shadows the sun is low (the shadows are enlongaged) so whatever's casting the shadow could be quite a way off?

Ratcat
The both arrive in the ship, then Anakin goes on his little jaunt to find his mom.

My initial thoughts would be a ship, but it's too fuzzy as you say.

I think it is possibly the main part of the homestead.

darthyogi
Be nice to see a sandstorm, though. I mean, wasn't there one shot but cut from ROTJ, and the storms are certainly set-up as dangerous during TPM. I can't believe that Lucas won't actually show us a Tatooine snadstorm at some point and (I hope) AOTC could be his last chance. Because let's face it, he'll be stretching it if Tatooine features in Ep.III as well, or at least I think he will. wink

d8camjordan
i know what it is- IT LOOKS LIKE JABBA'S MOTHER'S SHADOW

King Jedi
We saw a Tatooine sandstorm in TPM.

The shadow is Cleig Lars moisture tractor.

Dim
My..that's a large tractor.

King Jedi
There is a lot of moisture.stick out tongue

finti
John deer in space

King Jedi
I'm going to pretend I know what you're talking about.

finti
never heard of John Deer????? well it is a tractor

ToMacco
Yeah, and they're all green

Texas
Their the Cadillac of lawn mowerssmokin'

ToMacco
The coolest things are those John Deer green hats.

Dim
somehow I doubt John Deer has made it to Tatooine.

King Jedi
How come you lot know so much about tractors?

bigsef2
its almost definately a ship

Dim
Because we're a bunch of hicks...

I still don't think it's a ship..soft irregular lines.

yerssot
hill with grass?

Dim
On Tatooine?

King Jedi
laughing out loud Yerssot didn't think that one through properly.smile

yerssot
YES on Tatooine and YES I did thought about it!

In ANH when we got introduced to Luke, aunt Beru calls him, he walks towards the pit and looks down to her. We see then LEFT AND RIGHT of him bushes! So why not on a hill?

Texas
A sandcrawler, with partying jawas on top.smokin'

yerssot
http://users.skynet.be/yodajammies/quick_growing_plants.jpg
here is some proof of plants on Tatooine

don't mind the question-mark and the circle, that was for other use

sand person no. 10
maybe their my people with bad hair days. It could happen.

Dim
Okay yers..point made..but the shadow is way too big to be a plant..and I don't remember ever seeing a hill that near to the homestead.

yerssot
ah! good point! but on earth hills can change, that's the reason why there aren't maps about the Sahara.
Hills there are just sand-thingies on each other, and after some years they are all blown away... perhaps this is the same?

Dim
You mean dunes?..good point.

yerssot
oh sorry, dunes

like in Dune Sea that is; I think

dark lord
come on the sandstorm idea is great very clever but its a bit far fetched its got 2 be anakin and padmes ship

darthyogi
We saw a Tatooine sandstorm in TPM.

The shadow is Cleig Lars moisture tractor.

Hmm...

Did we see a sandstorm? We certainly saw QGJ and the gang narrowly escape being caught in one in Mos Espa, but did we see one in full rage? I want to see that.

I want to see characters struggling to walk upright, speeders being blown away, Bantha herds digging in for the night - that's what I meant. We haven't seen the worst of a storm, but Lucas has obviously always had that in mind. I think AOTC could be the film we see a storm at its VERY worse. A riotous Simoon showing the worse of a Desert planet to contrast with the worse of a Water world. Cool!

I hope...

King Jedi
Okay.smile

peluffo
That's what you ask...

peluffo
AND THIS IS YOUR ANSWER

Yes, i'm a 3d freakybig grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin

peluffo
there is the img of the "ask" reply

Ushgarak
Heheheh... seems credible.

King Jedi
Genius! What about one with Cleiggs tractor?

yerssot
irregular shaped tractor?
nah, give me the dune!

King Jedi
Tractor!!smokin'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.