Count Dooku - Darth _____?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sand person no. 10
Does anyone know Count Dooku's sith name, i remember darth tyrannus being mentioned somewhere but i haven't heard anything recently. this lack of a darth has lead me to think that maybe dooku isn't a sith and that he's just an evil jedi.

darth fester
darth dracula maybe

yerssot
I'm still hearing about Tyrannus, ... perhaps Darth Legion? big grin

sand person no. 10
i'm still scepticle about him being a sith at all. perhaps he's just someone else who palpatine has manipulated who also hates the jedi. These 2 things don't make him a sith. Do they????

queeq
Darth Tyranus, dudes.

Ushgarak
Yeah, still the hot tip ias that Dooku has fully jumped ship and will in fact reveal his Darth name to our poor Jedi buddies.

And Tyrannus is still the hot name.

Really, these things are at the point now that they are likely enough that you have to prove them wrong rather than prove them so.

yerssot
fallen Jedi, and there IS some bad dude with a red sabre in the movie... so there is a dark jedi/sith. Probably not Palpa because he'll get emperor in EpIII, and that would be impossible if they recognize him as the bad one

jedi212guy
I read that Christopher Lee made a public announcement stating that it indeed is him that is fighting Anakin in the trailer.

ToMacco
Whoever he is, or whatever his name is, Obi-wan will whoop his ass!

Texas
I dont like that name, It reminds me too much of Tyrannosaurus Rexconfused

ToMacco
It probably will be a tyrannosaurus, knowing how sideways Lucas is taking Episode II.

DJ Velocity
Its funny ToMacco. Me and my girlfriend are just scrolling through these messages discussing how innapropriate Tyrannus is. Then we got to your message.

Great minds..........wink

sand person no. 10
where?laughing out loud laughing out loud

Texas
I think he shoud just change it to Darth Texassmokin'

King Jedi
Darth Bjork!

Tyranus might not sound as good as Maul but it fits the character.

Ushgarak
And I don;t know where you get the idea that Obi-Wan will beat him from, To...

ToMacco
Well, he should! He nailed Mauls nuts to the floor, he can do it with the next Darth, as well!

jedi212guy
One, OB1 got lucky. Maul could have killed him. He just had some back luck. Two, Dooku has about 50 years of experience over Maul, and it's silly to think that Sidious would pick a weaker apprentice. Also, OB1 is about 35 now, so he isn't a youth anymore. Dooku will rely on experience to defeat the weak OB1 and Anakin. Hahaha!!!!evil face

ToMacco
If this puss Dooku is such a bad ass, then why isn't he in Ep IV, and Obi-wan is? I rest my case, jedi212guy, you punk!big grin wink

Obi-wan's gonna slap him around, then take a nap.evil face

SilentMike
I thought the name refererred to Tyrant was there supposed to be another darth possibly Christopher Walken anyway I thought Maul was the best Darth name even though I really hated his character

queeq
The reason Dooku isn't in EpIV is probably because he gets his butt whooped by a bigger badass: Anakin!

Dim
or maybe I got arthritis and had to retire..laughing out loud

jedi212guy
Anyway, if Dooku even had survived to Episode IV, he would be like 100 years old.

darth fester
i think hell be called darth fester

jedi212guy
Dream on, fester.roll eyes (sarcastic)

sand person no. 10
ok so no knows dooku's sith name, but will he last to ep 3?

Ushgarak
a Yes we do, it is almost certainly Tyranus
b. Yes, he very probably will.

And the chances of Obi-Wan beating him are very low; as I have mentioned elsewhere Obi-Wan's big triumph will be over Anakin.

queeq
And I'm sure Anakin will prove his worth as greatest Jedi ever as well. Heads will roll!

sand person no. 10
how anakin be the greatest jedi ever, kills the jedi, joins the darkside. greatness...hmmmm?

queeq
You know what I mean.

Oh interesting news. Rumour has it that Dooku is QGJ's master, thus explaining his defiance in TPM. Kind of interesting line here: we see defiance run down this line of padawan's reaching it's peak in Anakin.... Cool!

yerssot
that's old rumor queeq, and I will write all the things down that I hear that are on websites, so I know they were said.

Personnally I don't think it's correct...

queeq
Well it turned up again, this time from a source within Lucasfilm.

yerssot
hmmmm within.... first time I heared that... perhaps this one could be true... a shame

queeq
More and more stuff turns up now. It seems there has been a viewing of the first 45 minutes.

yerssot
already? then they are much further then last movie...
I have my doubts; but hey, normally I'm wrong...

queeq
Maybe not all the effects are finished. It may not be the final cut either.

yerssot
it's certainly not the final cut, and whitout the fx? that's like looking at the storyboards

queeq
What I mean is that these 45 minutes workprint may not be like the final first 45 minutes. Even without the effects.

yerssot
and I said that the first 45 would mean that there are special effects in the movie, wich surprises me that they are already done, meaning that there aren't much in that time.

queeq
I wouldn;t know. I'm sure things improved at ILM since the last one.

yerssot
yeah, but that means that the date of 16 May is still late for the movie and that they can easily set it to the first of May

queeq
They may yet be going for a world wide release after all. So rumour has it.

yerssot
I knew about that already... well, guess I'm not that slow.
But it's still a rumor, but lots of reports are getting to that direction...

DJ Velocity
I don't know whether you noticed but on the official site in the Ep2 section, the title looks part of the background, but the release date below it looks like it could be altered.

Check it out you'll see what I meanbig grin

I'm talking about the pick of Jango flying up!!!

queeq
I got the official LOTR filmbook this weekend and in the section of Christopher Lee it said that he was starring in SW: EpII as "Count Dooku/Darth Tyranus". Now, it's not official but why would they say this in a book like this when it's not true.

yerssot
because they lied?

queeq
Of course not. Why would they lie?

yerssot
to sell books? don't know

Ushgarak
How would saying Lee plays Dooku/Tyrannus help sell LOTR books?

yerssot
don't know, don't know much about that

queeq
Well, that's clear.

LOTR can well sell itself without SW. It's goign to look awesome. Lee looks very cool as Saruman and so does McKellen as Gandalf. I wonder which Lee baddy is more impressivie: Saruman or Dooku.

yerssot
is it clear?
oh goody! I'm good!

queeq
No, you just don't know much. stick out tongue

sand person no. 10
err what????

darthyogi
I've been carrying this newpaper cutting around forever in my wallet and I just found it again. It was given me by my mother, who cut it from The Sun (a Uk tabloid - unfortunately the cuttin doesn't include the date but I would put it around March 2001).

The article is reporting on Christopher Walken's role as a Jedi in Episode II. Of course this is not true, but the article says that Walken's character will be called DARTH BANE.

Has anyone else heard that name muted? I think it's a good one. cool

I've scanned the cutting and added it to this posting, but I've never done that before so if you can't view it let me know and I'll mail it out or repost it or transcribe it or something. roll eyes (sarcastic)

The file is a .jpg.

sand person no. 10
was darth bane not the founder of the sith? or the one who introduced the 2 sith rule?

yerssot
I'm not sure about that sp10; give me a sec

sand person no. 10
yerssot this is taken from sw.com databank

The Sith Lord Kaan and his Brotherhood of Darkness did battle with the Jedi Army of Light. The immense battle resulted in the annihilation of both armies.

One Sith escaped the carnage: Darth Bane.

Bane sought to keep the order alive, but he had witnessed the self-destruction that was inherent in the Sith's previous ventures. Bane crafted the Sith order to preserve it as much as possible. There could only be two, no more, no less. Bane took an apprentice. When that apprentice succeeded him, that new Sith Lord would take an apprentice. And so the Sith would quietly continue for a millennium. Although encounters with Jedi were rare, the Jedi did eventually learn of this new Sith structure, and thought themselves rid of this menace.

if this rumour is true perhaps we'll see darth bane in a ghost from in ep3 or even ep2?

yerssot
well, my BTM-cd had a problem and I had to go to training, so I forgot this one.
But you are right about the name, but I don't think he is in EpII or III...

queeq
I hope GL has abandoned the idea of bringing Bane into this.

yerssot
has GL ever thought of it?
I mean: he "thought" about Darth Legion...

queeq
He might have. THere was talk and rumour about Bane quite a while back. Around the same time as Walken was mentioned to star in EpII. I wonder how that would have looked: the Headless Sith?wink

yerssot
DARTH LEGION!!!!
that's what they need!

queeq
Err...nope.

yerssot
Darth Legion and the death of queeq ... smile

queeq
That is when SW starts to lose all its fans.

yerssot
yeah! then they are going to kill a few ungratefull fans!

queeq
And then it all ends. But there's hope: queeq lives!

yerssot
a shame isn't it?

queeq
For you maybe.

yerssot
I know

dark lord
the one problem i have with dooku being the new sith is that he is to old, i thought that the sith took on a young apprentce to carry the order on whats the point in taking on some1 so old he probley older then plaply

sand person no. 10
i suspect that if dooku is a sith, palpatine has realised that although his potential has been fulfilled he will be useful for palpatine to become emperor and possibly to lure anakin to the darkside. i suspect palpatine is just using the correct tools for the job. hence his desire to trade in vader for the newer model of luke.

jedi212guy
Who in their right mind would pick Luke over Darth Vader? I mean come on, Vader is about 1,000 cooler than Luke could ever dream of being. cool

Dim
Oh man..absolutely..you kind of have to wonder what Owen and Beru did to him...laughing out loud

queeq
Oh, EP3 is going to be THAT kind of movie. wink

yerssot
hmmm, crispy wink

queeq
big grin

yerssot
*turns around and looks to the two suns almost touching eachother*

darthyogi
Maybe Dooku is a sideline chancer who tries to exploit Sidious' loss of an apprentice to step in and become the new master? Sidious, as Palpatine, would then send the jedi against Dooku with two plans in mind: get rid of the competion, and maybe kill a few jedi into the bargain?

yerssot
take who falls...

queeq
Check the new trailer Forbidden Love: Dooku (played by Lee) wields a lightsabre, a red one. No side character, I garantuee you.
That shot in the trailer settles this debate. We'll be closing soon.

yerssot
But they didn't gave his name though...

yerssot
just saw something on http://www.swmovies.net
the lightsabre that was leaked (the curved one) is for real! Check it out!

(It's official now: Ratcat doesn't have a life wink j/k)

queeq
Yes, I noticed taht while watching the trailer. It has been rumoured for more than a year that something was curved about it. At first it was thought to be the blade, later it proved to be the handle and there we are. I wonder if he can do cool tricks with it.

Dim
Surely he must..otherwise what would be the point?

yerssot
he will place some good moves with it, I'm sure.

sand person no. 10
it looks good!

queeq
VERY good... GL must watch his step with these bad guys. After all, they can't be allowed to top Vader.

darthyogi
Just to clarify - I didn't suggest Dooku was a sideline CHARACTER (it's perfectly obvious that he isn't). I suggested he was a sideline CHANCER. By that I mean a characer with designs on becoming the sith master who sees his CHANCE to challenge Sidious after Maul's death. Afterall, if you were going to challenge the master you'd wait for the apprentice to die, wouldn't you?

Just a thought, anyway...

yerssot
from the official site:

Windu, a diplomat by nature, believed in the power of words over action. But as the galaxy found itself increasingly fragmented by the rise of a powerful secessionist movement spearheaded by a former Jedi, he grew to realize that the time for negotiation had passed

queeq
That's why he fights in AOTC.

So yogi, you think Dooku might be going for the prize: Palpy's head? Hmmmm, tricky with him being chancellor and all, bit it's a thought.

Ushgarak
A one-handed sabre will make for some interesting fighting, that's for sure.

queeq
One handed you think? It didn't look that way in the trailers.

yerssot
nope, in the trailor he uses his both hands...

queeq
There you go.

yerssot
I think it was the reversed power grip... not sure

Ushgarak
He raises it one-hanmded in the front on shot. In the fioght scenes, I don;t THINK he is using two hands.

But that;s all irrelevant, because a curved grip like that IS one handed. You COULD hold it with two hands but only if you somehow needed extra force.

yerssot
look in the teaser, he uses both hands, I'm pretty sure.

and yeah everyone can put a lightsabre in front of them with one hand, look at Vader or Luke...

Ushgarak
Hmm. I think he may be using two hands now.

But in any case, that is a one-handed handle; he'd fight a lot better with one hand and I hope he will at some point.

queeq
It might be nice. But I still wonder if that would fit with the way a lightsabre handles. Too bad no one can judge that from experience.

Ushgarak
I have faith in Nick Gillard. Besides, the fight in ANH was virtually a fencing match, but a bit clumsy.

Meanwhile, I think it would be very cool if Dooku uses a number of different styles during the fight as befits his status as a swordmaster. This would then include both two and one handed grips. But the one handed ones should be better.

queeq
I'll tell Nick. big grin

Ushgarak
You do that...

I think I'm going to love Dooku. Muchly.

And then I will cry when Yoda beats him. Presumably with 'Sonic the Hedgehog' music in the background.

queeq
laughing out loud

Venom
It's Darth Tyranus - he IS Count Dooku, stupids! Don't wonder about things which are right!

yerssot
Ven, we know that! we were now talking about the use of his sabre

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.