Power in Anakin's Voice

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

d8camjordan
In one line- "I.....am........a..........JEDI"

That was great. His other lines were dull because bad things had just happened. Do you really want him to say all of his lines with power....cause thats overacting. That one line is great!

yerssot
was that his real voice?

King Jedi
No it was Frank Oz impersonating him.stick out tongue

yerssot
ah! I thought I recognized it roll eyes (sarcastic)

King Jedi
Is it Anakin who says "they attacked at dawn"?

Ushgarak
That's Lars, surely.

yerssot
talking about Shmi very lickly

King Jedi
Which Lars? It doesn't sound like Joel Edgerton (Owen). His voice isn't as deep as that. Unless Lucas lowered it like he did with Amidala.

yerssot
Clieg is another possibility...
well the older one it is I guess

King Jedi
I'd say it is Cliegg.

d8camjordan
i bet its wicket

King Jedi
Beetchawawa!!!

ToMacco
Who's Cliegg?

yerssot
Clieg Lars is the one that marries Shmi in EpII...

ToMacco
And Owen is his brother, I take it?

yerssot
I think, not sure now, don't think it's his son...

Bragg2012
its his son.

yerssot
thanx...
that makes that there are a lot of years between EpII and IV...

Bragg2012
yeah, im not sure but i think between EpII and EpIII its bout 10 years. and between EpIII and EpIV its 20.. not sure tho..

RC will knowwink

yerssot
well; I thought that between EpI and EpIV there was 30 years ...

queeq
Nope, his son. Ergo, Anakin's stepbrother, ergo, Luke's uncle.

ToMacco
Ergo? No.

yerssot, that's what I heard too, 30 years between I and IV. But look how old Kenobi is in IV. It would make more sense if it were 40+ years between I and IV

Ushgarak
Sadly with Luke and Leia at 18 in ANH, and Anakin 10 years older in AOTC than he was in TPM, it is DAMN hard for it to be anything more than 30 years.

ToMacco
Well, Lucas blew that one, because Kenobi was older than 55 in ANH. My dad is almost 50, and he looks a lot better than he did.

Ushgarak
Well, that's the way it is, To. Obi-Wan was originally envisaged as older in TPM, but in the end he wasn't.

The numbers I quote stand. Obi-Wan's looks will just have to be a matter of suspension of disbelief.

Besides, he was very stressed...

ToMacco
Put that one in the plot flaw columnmad

d8camjordan
who the hell is ergo

(and no hell is not a bad word)

what if i said-

who the heaven is ergo...

thank you...DONT respond to that- respond to the first question

Ushgarak
Just behind C3-P0s memory, eh? Because it is still uncertain if that one will be explained...

ToMacco
Quit that. what' with this damned attitude here? Ush, are you stirring up trouble with the new guys?big grin

Ushgarak
I have no idea.

Ergo isn't anyone, d8. It means 'therefore'.

King Jedi
What's wrong with Obi-Wan in ANH? He has white hair and that's all. It's not like he was a wrinkly old man.

yerssot
well, he is wrinkeled and old though...

ToMacco
Yeah, he's pretty old.

King Jedi
But not "Palpatine" old. I don't find it that hard to beleive that he is 55 in ANH.

yerssot
well, he is....
remember that Palpatine is already over 50 in TPM!

King Jedi
Yes and Obi-Wan in ANH looks about the same age as Palpatine in TPM so what's the problem?confused

yerssot
so OB1 is old in ANH...

King Jedi
Yes. But he looks like a 50+ year old.

yerssot
to be exact there is 32 years between TPM and ANH, taking that OB1 is 20 (I thought he was 22) that makes him 52, at least...

JediOasis
no, its his son, thus explaining how Owen is Luke's uncle.

yerssot
ah! that's better... I think...

Brith
I agree with King Jedi - Obi-Wan does not look terribly old in ANH. I can believe he was only 55. Alec Guiness was about 62 when he made that film - thats not a huge difference.

yerssot
don't remember what it was about...
I heared that there were 30 years and even 32 years between TPM and ANH, GL said that OB1 is around his 20s...

Dim
He's 25 in TPM..and his "state" might have a bit to do with his life as a hermit in Tatooine..it's not the easiest of lives.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.