Hobbit Movie Confirmed!!! Pj Will Make It!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Smodden
Great news everyone, peter jackson has confirmed he WILL make "The Hobbit" after he does king kong!

check out the link below:

http://film.guardian.co.uk/news/story/0,12589,1103162,00.html

I knew he would do it, now we have somethin' to look forward to after rotk!

sauron
p.j i love you, i love you soo much for giving me hope, you hairy bastard ya, youve done it you won the rights i love you i love you i love...........

sauron
smodden in the words of orli in potc "you lying b@stard"

Peter Jackson has confirmed his intention to film JRR Tolkien's Lord of the Rings prequel The Hobbit.

his INTENTION if you visited the one ring, he waznts to film it but chris and the crew dont want to give him rights, as they say their fathers work cannot be properly portrayed on screen

didnt mean to be nasty but if you look at my last post, i was sooooo happy, then i visited the link and i thudded back down to the ground

VengeanceGOD
Argh. That sucks. Well, it'd be cool if he made it anyway. Ian Holm would have to play Bilbo, but that's possible. The only thing I question is the whole Arwen thing...I don't even REMEMBER her in the Hobbit.

sauron
neither do i, i bet he somehow manages to sneak her in, oh and in mirkwood i bet legolas shows up, and gloin will never shut up about gimli, saying hel never amount to anything, and we will go hahaha want a bet, and he will go "CALLING ME A LIAR" (read lotr spoof page, youl understand, shameless advertising i know but sooooo)

Flame of Udun
Arwen was not in the Hobbit, pj is just adding her in,

Ian will play gandalf, killer movies says a 2006 release date may be possible

Aurora
2006 seems unlikely to me.

Verity
That's good if PJ does it! I wouldn't want anyone else to do it!

samIam
oh i am sad now .. how could chris do that! happy then really mad ..not good! what is up with the liv tyler thing??? kinda confused ( i have no memory of this place... in the book )

Flame of Udun
i know 2006 sounds unlikely, and it is especially since nothing is for sure, i was just passing on info.

wizzee
so if there is no hobbit film yet why is there a teaser trailer thats what is confusing me????????

and its got december 19 2006 as the release date??????

Ariadne
No release date, no trailer, just an uncertain schedule as far as I can tell.

They better not put Arwen in the Hobbit because I will kill them if they do. If they want an Elf or someone else from LotR or whatever, it would make a lot more sense to put Legolas in when they're in Mirkwood, although they wouldn't be the greatest thing ever in my opinion. But at least it will be PJ and he will do a good job.

wizzee
i have the trailer on my pc now i am trying to transfer it onto my webspace but having a few probs at mo

SilverFighter
That's great so we are going to see Bilbo battle Goblins and Dragons!! big grin PJ is the man!!

wizzee
once i get it on there i will put the link up

Smodden
er... thanks for the info sauron...(I Think)

and in the words of ME you beter be lying b@stard! i mean sauron. hehe

Ushgarak
He says he will be interetsed in doing it IF they get the rights, that is all.

Smodden
hmmmmmmm.
ifhe does make it he beter not mess with the story...

VengeanceGOD
The one that would make REAL sense is Galadriel, since they have a random "elf queen" in the book.

nazgulinthedark
yay!!! hobbit! eek!

Fire
Let's see what happens in the course of a few years before you all get excited

szhismine
big grin big grin

i ssssoooo hope he does the Hobbit. and it would be nice if Legolas was in it. it would make sense; he's definately old enough, and i would imagine he would be at the battle of the five armies.

what i can see is the dwarves (with Bilbo invisibly following) being led into the hall and Thranduil is sitting on his throne and Legolas is somewhere next to him with a crown on his forehead showing that he's prince. love

i can so see that. smile

P-NuT
that hobbit trailer is a fake. its just a fan made movie who expects a hobbit movie to be released

MISSY_EC
Yeah! I have just read it on this site!
He said: " I'd be interested in doing it because I think it would give continuity to the overall chapter," he told Reuters.

Although many of the leading characters do not appear in the prequel, the wizard Gandalf, played by Ian McKellen, and Gollum, played by Andy Serkis, do make an appearance. Arwen, the elf princess played by Liv Tyler could also feature again, Jackson said.

YES!!!!

sauron
no1 is reading it properly his INTENTION chris tolk wont give him the rights

samIam
strange

Smodden
hey i thought he already owned the rights!!??

where did u hear that?

help...

shadowy_blue
I would want to see who's gonna play Thranduil. I wanna see how Legolas' dad looks like. big grin And I think it's ok for Legolas to be there. But just for a cameo, like one appearance or something, just as a nod for LOTR fans. big grin

sauron
i judt heard it on torn and through other things pj has rights for lotr, but he didnt get them for the hobbit, he was ging to do the hobbit first, but he said no and did lotr (more interesting) so he didnt get hobbit rughts

Smodden
oh thanx...

BingaBonga
Okay, I opened up todays paper, and i found an interview with PJ and the associated press. There was a part about The Hobbit, here it is:

AP: There's a lot of curiosity now about whether anyone will film Tolkien's prequel, 'The Hobbit.' Are you interested in directing that someday?

PJ: I'd be happy to. It would be strange for somebody else to do it. And I also think to do justice to 'The Hobbit' it would be great to bring some of the same actors back. (Like Ian McKellen for the wizard Gandalf and Andy Serkis for the ghoulish Gollum.) I think it would be cool to have the continuity of the design and the look and feel of the world and use whatever actors we're able to repeat in the story.

AP: Any movement on that project?

PJ: New Line hasn't talked to me about it yet. I can only assume they're motivated to do it now, but the rights are kind of complicated.

That's all for now. Hopefully we'll have "The Hobbit" soon.

samIam
thanx alot!

BingaBonga
Your welcome. I really do hope that he'll do it. I think that he will. He did such a good job with Tolkiens work in lord of the rings. He didn't know that it would this much success.

Smodden
i know, if anyone else did it it would feel strange. pj beter do it but that whole Arwen thing wories me a little...

and those darn rights!

BingaBonga
Yeah, it would be very strange. Anyway, why wouldn't the family give him the rights? He did an excellent job doing the lotr. That would be very strange if someone else did it, they couldn't measure up to PJ, I don't think. Nothing has been conformed about "The Hobbit", so hopefully after PJ does King Kong, he'll do "The Hobbit." For now, i'll just be hoping. smile

Member.
stupid, arwen isn't even in the book

i suppose the hobbit would be nice.

BingaBonga
WHAT!?!? No, he didn't. Not in the interview I just wrote out. They couldn't place her, she was with her mothers people in Lothlorien. Just Gandalf and Gollum.

Hypernova
Mark Odesky in Pavement 2003/4

"The rights to The Hobbit are jointly controlled by New Line and MGM, so neither side can proceed without buying the other one out. No one has contemplated or discussed making it. I think everyone feels we should finish the trilogy and see what the world looks like. But there's been no consideration of it to date."

Pavement is published in NZ.

BingaBonga
Exactly. There has been nothing said on if he is or isn't going to do the movie. Let's just wait till after King Kong before we get mad or excited...

Smodden
king kong? hmm i wonder if there will be a thread for that movie? will we all abandon this one... no!!!!

anyway hobbit will rock but it wont be better than rotk

BingaBonga
NO!!! ANYTHING.... but that! no If PJ does do The Hobbit he has a lot to live up to, good luck to him...

samIam
too true!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.