General Question Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sauron
Here is the thread where if you need to ask anything about middle earth, you ask, and we will find the answer for you

quick and easy service big grin big grin big grin big grin Happy Dance

Aurora
Good Idea! smile

sauron
i know big grin

now awaiting my first customer

Aurora
lol

sauron
damn aurora big grin thats twice i got my hopes up thinking it was the first question, come on people first question wins a prize

Aurora
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/lightbulb.gif I Will Help In Any Way I Can.http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/yes.gif

sauron
aurora im gonna spank your ass if you do that one more time big grin

(bet ya do it now, just for the thrill)

Aurora
Okay Okay I have an honest question.......

Who is Tom Bombadil?

NO Im just kidding....

Seriously now. I am at work and I do not have my books with me. How long do the hobbits stay in Rivendell. A co-worker and i are dissusing lotr and she ask me?

Bloom4ever
ok, a question (honestly, i cant help replying 2 evrythin) why is it that rotk is opening in 13 days here, why am i living here in the first place, why am i not with Orlando Bloom and why am i.... replying 2 this in the first place??? big grin

sauron
ok bloom, you got me there, dont have an answer for that lol, but seriously people come on ask something, itl save up space as there wont be hundreds of new threads just to ask one thing

Izz
"Exa..." laughing

sauron
lol il have answers to questions about people and places, she knows the real hardcore facts though

Lord_Andres
have not read the first book, but i the movie, when gandalf and Saruman are "fighting" Saruman takes Gandalf's staff, and sends him to thetop of the tower, now when Gandalf jumps of the tower he dosent have the staff in his hand, but he has it in Rivendell, how come??

sauron
oh thats easy, he doesnt, if you look closely the second staff is quite different, the most distinguishable feature being the head of the staff has changed from housing his pipe, to a crystal ball of some type

sauron
Gandalf carries 3 different staffs during the films: The first is kind of a sapling with a bulbous root head, with facets that allow it to hold Gandalf's pipe and tobacco pouch. Saruman takes it when he captures Gandalf.

sauron
The second staff is used by Gandalf to give off light- perfect for guiding the company through the Mines of Moria. He loses it in the battle with the Balrog.

sauron
Staff number three is more considered and finely crafted, with the rune for "G," Gandalf's sign, carved in it. He carries this as Gandalf the White for the remainder of the trilogy.

Lord_Andres
they look the same to me.
He puts the crystal on the staff only in moria

Lord_Andres
oh now I see it, sorry, didint see those pics embarrasment

Lord_Andres
heres another one, how many soldiers did the Gondorians have in the battle on the Pelennor fields?

sauron
*sigh* not the type of question i expected master andres,

Aurora
I'm hurt that my question was looked over. But I shall recover. Luckily I looked it up in my book when I got home and all was not lost.

sauron
oh sorry, i apologise, two pages so far and only two sensible questions, *gets a noose*

why did my beautiful thread have to go on this way

Gilraen
I like the thread, but have no question. Read the books about 100 times and seen the movies almost that same amount, so sorry. But prepare yourself, I think after the third installement, they will bombard you......so keep it up...... big grin stick out tongue

Aurora
I echo that. I have no questions. But after the movie comes out there will be thousands of questions from non-bookies asking why this and why that. Ect. Ect. Ect.

U are gonna kill me if I keep posting w/o a question. whistle angel

sauron
lol il forgive you, just i want some question, i mean you people cant know everything

Lord_Andres
I got another one, what lands did the Eastlings come from??

sauron
Dates: First recorded in the years after the Dagor Bragollach of I 4551
Race: Men
Division: Men of Darkness
Cultures: Numerous
Other names: Men of Darkness, Swarthy Men

A general name for the races of Men from the unknown East of Middle-earth, who were a constant foe of the Free Peoples, from the treachery of Ulfang in the Nirnaeth Arnoediad of the First Age to their frequent attacks against Gondor in the Third Age

Lord_Andres
ok

Aurora
Oh I have many questions. I have only read LOTR and the Hobbit. I am now trying to work my way through the Sill. I am trying to answer my own questions but soon I will prob need clarification on some stuff. LOL

sauron
lol ok, im reading the sill too, im onto the war of wrath big grin

nephalim27
Who and how many elves remained in Middle Earth in the fourth age?

Exa

Maikahyandowen
Why didn't you do this earlier, Exa?

sauron
why didnt she do what?

turin
Well now why would you say that the easterlings were completely evil? they were under the dominion of sauron, but remember what faramir/sam said about the southerner in ithilien. i would assume that the easterlings would be in the same spot, not truly evil but lied to and forced to go to war for sauron. ussually when i assume things i am way off but i'll say it all the same, lol.

sauron
see your point, also because of fear perhaps, i mean if sauron asks you to go to war and you have no allies you go to damn war

Lord_Andres
how many Easlings did go to war for sauron?? and for a side quastion, do u make dose cool signature pics your self sauron?smile

Maikahyandowen
how many kinds of elves were there originaly?

sauron
no i got nazgulinthe dark to make them big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.