PC vs. Consoles

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Neo_Version 7
WHich do you think is better 2 play games in?

ragesRemorse
consoles. More variety. Of course this is a biased opinion from a life long console gamer. with a console i dont have to worry about 40 different button commands, or having the right updates, or lag. however there are some PC games that are made near perfect but still lacks the appeal of a console game for me, and PC does rule when it comes to RPG's though.

Neo_Version 7
I like PC's c0z I have 0n3. Thats my goddamn reas0n.

Tex
Exactly!
Consoles all the way!

You have to have a top notch computer and keep it upgraded regularly to play the latest games, where as with consoles you just pop the CD in and enjoy.

Neo_Version 7
Yes but if y0u g0t buggy games 0n the consoles, y0u losers can't d0wnload patches for them. You have 2 Use y0 h3ad, d@wG!!

Tex
...In English please stick out tongue

movie_freak
Consoles All the way...cuz it has better games ( like FF series ) but when playing online Games Pc is better

Steven
Consoles duh... ;-)

SaTsuJiN
heh, I have to disagree. PC is better for a myriad of gaming types, simply because of mouse and keyboard, and the clarity you can only get with a high resolution tube. Not to mention the online part, typing, headset using etc. its way to costly to enable those features for consoles.

Then again, this topic isnt factual and based on opinion. My opinion is that online games are more fun, so PC for me.

alic88
consoles all da way

yerssot
consoles, they're made to play games, pc's not
and consoles rests a few years, you need to constantly update your PC to do that

Ushgarak
I don't think anyone should by a PC purely for gaming, that's an insane economy.

But if you HAVE a PC, then the games are easily of console quality and for the mindset of some gamers, better. I prefer PCs but I have always seen the appeal of consoles. And have you ever seen a decent beat 'em-up on a PC?

ragesRemorse
yeah i think both sides of there advantages. as pointed out, consoles have the best fighting and racing games, with a perfect controlling for sports games aswell. Pc have the greatest RPG's and arguably the best controll's for an FPS. All other types of games fall in a deadlock of quality between the two. Even though i cant stand the numerous buttons on the PC, sometimes they give you more features than a console game will. Give me a console any day though.

Neo_Version 7
Give me a PC anyday 2.

DracotheDragon
Consoles, hello! PC's dont have a great variety of games, but ill play both PC's and Consoles, but consoles are better!

Neo_Version 7
PC's are waaay better!

mors823
PC's are good for RPG's and simulations, while consoles are good for action/adventure games. The good thing about PC is that you can update the games and can edge foward of their console counterparts

Neo_Version 7
Yes, exactly.

ragesRemorse
yeah well i dont want to have to keep paying money to play a game. Id rather pay one fee for the whole gamming expierence. This buying updates for the games is where the future for games are heading which is just bullshit. It goes against entertaining gamers but instead bleeding the gammer dry. I know we are not there yet but we soon will be

ragesRemorse
are there any games for the pc that you can update to get a deeper story line? I mean isnt it all just getting more levels?

Lag
To me console's are better. They provide more games, game types, online play, convenience, and you don't have to buy a new one every other week. It's not that PC's have to many buttons, one of my favorite games is Steel Battalion, and I don't think that PC's are better for FPS games, which are my favorite type of games: HALO, Rainbow6 3, Ghost Recon, Red Faction, did I mention HALO, I think it boils down to convenience. When I buy games I want to play them and I want to play them now. I don't want to download anything and I don't want to worry if my computer can take it. I want to buy a game and know I'm going to be able to play it no matter what. Also,like anything, if the game doesn't work just take it back and get a new one, no patch downloading or any of that crap. Consoles, in my eyes, are just all around better. This doesn't mean I won't play a game on PC, I mean a game's a game no matter what it's on. smile

mors823
It all depends on the genre of the game; some are better for PC's and others are better for console's. Updates for Pc's can be downloaded for free via the internet.

Lord_Andres
The consoles are better with games like sonic and fighting dames aso, where the pc is better with strategic games, RPG, Car games, and 3D shooterssmile

Lag
Yeah it's also free for X-box. They have games with downloadeable material such as NFL Fever and Splinter Cell. Granted you have to pay a yearly 50 dollar fee to play live, but what's $50.00 a year. Whatever PC's have console's have and then some.

tptmanno1
Im a PC gamer all the way,
i like the many buttons,
FPS on consols are just wayyy tooo confusing with aiming and such,
also, games like sims and other RTS on consols are just ???
but i don't even have a consol soo....

BackFire
PC's are factually better for FPS, the amount of accuracy you have with a mouse/keyboard control far surpasses the control you have with a joystick.

I basically only play PC games right now, the only games consoles do better are Fighting, and action adventure.

And the graphics on a PC can be absolutely staggering.

wicker_man
I spend the majority of my free time on PCs if not for work orientated operations then gaming, im addicted to FPS (First Person Shooters) however i also own all three of the major brand consoles currently available on the market and one thing i must say in there defence is that it is far easier to play direct multiplayer (i.e. between you and your mates) on a console providing you have all the neccesary perphiral devices then setting up a PC based LAN (Local Area Network) meet and my three mates usually come home at lunch and have a round or two of HALO on the X-Box which is great for quick 'switch on 'n' play' action particuarly on a time constraint where as when i am not in this situation i tend to stick to my PC and its online gaming capablities, i tend to not play much console gaming unless i purchase a new game or have a 'hankering' to play one of my older titles.

consoles hands down..i mean consoles are made purely FOR gaming, it's what they're here for.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.