SpiderMan 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lag
If you liked the first Spider-Man game that was released for the movie, you're going to love part 2. It's going to be in a world like GTA III, except....get this.....you're Spider-Man. You go through out the game following the story, but you can also just web-sling through the city looking for people who need a good saving and robber's who need thrwarted. Already this sounds awesome, but wait there's more. You don't just simply web from building to building, you have to actually be good at it, because now they are putting in an anologue system for slinging web.It's gonna take some skill. Also, this time you won't be spending all of your time in the air or in buildings, now you can land on the streets and cars freely and just as easily go back to web-slinging through out the city. You will have all the cool web moves that Spidey had the first time and then some. I have seen some screen shots in some game magazine, I forget which one, but I do remember it just had a huge picture of Spider-man's head on it, anyways they look realy really good. They show Spidey on lamp post, flag poles, and on good old walls. If you haven't already read about this game then I suggest looking it up and putting on your anticipated list along with Halo2 and Fable.

Bah bah bah BAHHHHHH "Spider-Man, Spider-Man, does whatever a spider can, He also looks freakin cool and does whatever the crap he wants... Look ooouuut here comes da Spider-MAAAAAaaaannnn"

alic88
cool. sounds good2me

Freddy_vs_Jason
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/spiderman2/index.html

If you click there it will tell you all about the sequel and show you some really cool screen shots! once your in this website click on the "E3 2004 Preshow impressions" also on the "3 new screens". I can't wait for the game to come out.

gambit88
does that game look tight or what i mean in the first one you had to do this you had to do that this you go around just like spiderman stopping normal crimes and everything its almost like gta spiderman

Freddy_vs_Jason
Yeah the game looks awsome, these are all the villans in the game:
Doc. Ock.
Shocker.
Vulture.
Mysterio.
Lizard.

5 villans! that rocks. eek!

Linkalicious
Spiderman 2 is supposed to be like a mix of Spiderman part 1 and True Crimemessedtreets of LA. There will be a scale model of Manhattan for Spidey to go web crawling around on. This time you will be able to land on the ground when you are doing your web swinging. And instead of following a linear plot, Spiderman will be able to stop random street crimes that are not part of the story plot.

What do you guys think of the sounds of this? Do you think you might buy a Spidey game like this?

gambit88
yea buddy you can do almost whatever you want you can go on the ground and stop normal crimes whatever the crap you want you can do

now to me that sounds like it has definite promise because you are going to be able to BE spiderman instead of having to do this and that you get a choice

Freddy_vs_Jason
Looks very cool, I've already booked a copy at EB (Electronic Boutique)to buy smokin'

shangheid
ill probly only rent it but who knows

SpikeSpiegel
It looks cool. Especially as it makes you feel like you're spiderman, by that I mean that you need to aim your webs at buildings, not just clouds.

Freddy_vs_Jason
And also the acrobatics that you can do in the air, and your combat skills are a lot more impressive. In this one you face of against Doc. Ock and several other villains including Vulture, Shocker, Mysterio and The Lizard.

Linkalicious
Didn't you fight mulitple baddies in Spidey one? I specifically remember Shocker...but i'm a stoner, so i can't remember the others. sad

Freddy_vs_Jason
You only fought Shocker, Vulture and The Green Goblin.

shangheid
i bought spiderman and it sucked...

steely balls
it was awesome what are u talkin about, but then again i'm pleased easily

Arachnoidfreak
so far, i like what i hear about Siperman 2. looks like ill be saving up for it.

shangheid
the reason i didnt like spidy 1 is cause it wasnt real enough... like shooten webs at the clouds... just stuff like that

gambit88
yea that was stupid but you could use the cheat and play as the goblin that was awsome usin his glider and all

but personally i got fed up with the goblin he was in everything no other spidey villains were famous except the goblin he was on coke cans posters and toys and t shirts and shoes and cosumes everything that was with spiderman had the goblin too

Freddy_vs_Jason
I hope you can use a cheat to play as Doc. Ock, that would be awsome!!

I've already reserved my copy of the game to buy. In this game your webbing actually attaches to bulidings and you can land on the ground.

This is a really cool site with lots of screenshots that will prove it: http://spiderman.ugo.com/features/spider-man-2-movie-game/pictures.php

CHECK IT OUT!! eek!

Pred@tor
NEVER! laughing Happy Dance

Freddy_vs_Jason
What the!? huh
What the f**k?

shangheid
yah i guess it looks tight

gambit88
i just wanna be spiderman however i want like bustin the bad guys different ways and stuff

Freddy_vs_Jason
I so hope you can use a cheat to play as Doc. Ock. That would be so awsome to use his tentacels and walk around on them like stilts and stuff.

shangheid
yah that would be rly awsome

Freddy_vs_Jason
Heck yeah.

DracotheDragon
Probably, sounds good. I like games like True Crime and GTA, so probably, i liked the PS1 original. Maybe this'll be good........

Freddy_vs_Jason
I read that there is to be several villians in the game, including Vulture, Shocker, Mysterio, and The Lizard. (Doc. Ock isn't uncluded as one of them.)

shangheid
that sucks... spiderman 2s main villian is Doc. Ock...

thekoppel
can you be spider-man in his regular clothes like just peter parker walking around taking snap shots or whatever he wants the pull of your clothes and reveal spider-mans costume?

Arachnoidfreak
Vulture and Shocker AGAIN?! thats lame. really lame.

thekoppel
why is that lame

thekoppel
so can you play as just peter parker in his nomal clothes and then change into your spidey suit.

Arachnoidfreak
because Spiderman has enough villains that they can make 5(probably more) video games and we never have to see the same one twice.

I already kicked Shocker and Vulture's ass in Spiderman 1, i dont wanna do it again in Spiderman 2, thats repetative and uninteresting.

thekoppel
can you play as peter parker just walking around taking snap shots and the like run into an alley and change into the spiderman suit?

VENOMfan
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f66/t294955.html

VENOMfan
pretty good visual's......who am I kiddin I probably buy it

Freddy_vs_Jason
I've already booked my copy

I can't wait for the game. smokin'

Freddy_vs_Jason
I don't think so.

wuTa
you fought Rhino too and i think there is one more i cant think of

wuTa
i'm pretty sure Doc Ock is gonna be in this game...even though the game has side missions and other villians its still based on the spider-man 2 movie plot

Freddy_vs_Jason
Yeah, of course Doc. Ock is in the game, you guys must have misunderstood. I mean't ASWELL as Doc. Ock, several other villains will be in the game. Sesh! roll eyes (sarcastic)

The game wouldn't sell very good if Doc. Ock wasn't in it, but of course he would be, thats why the call it: "Spider-Man 2: the Movie Game."

Also you didn't fight the Rhino in the first Spidey Movie game.

wuTa
you did for the PS2 system

Freddy_vs_Jason
I OWNED the game for the PS2 system, you never fought Rhino. I'm sure your mixing up the character with The Green-Goblin, Shocker or Vulture.

wuTa
i coulda swore you fought rhino.....maybe i'm jus losing my mind

Freddy_vs_Jason
Your probably thinking of the game on the original PS1 yes

Arachnoidfreak
in the original 3-D Spiderman game, you did fight Rhino, i have it on Dreamcast, but not in the Spiderman game based on the movie.

shangheid
yah im shure rhino wasnt in 1... spidy 1 was to easy (or is it just me)

shangheid
that would be rly rly cool though

Freddy_vs_Jason
Nah, Spidey 1 was easy, I clocked it in 2 days.....I hope this one takes ages...........

shangheid
yah ok good im glad it wasnt just me and it was pathetic but 2 looks cool im probly gunna buy it

TheOne101
i cant wait for this game. i dont know about the movie but i am having huge hopes for this game. the first one down right sucked but this one is gonna be different i know it. they say its gonna be like GTA in the fact that you can do w/e the hell you want but with spider man. i cant wait.!

TheOne101
you can walk around as peter parker but only when delivering pizzas....yes pizzas. and you cant websling or anything just for extra cash you know. i have seen all the screens and movies and im really exited. and black cat will also be in there. i love how they made it huge and free like GTA its gonna be noice

i cant wait to be super jumping onto buildings and across rooftops like the Matrix hehe also throwing people off buildings and catch em in the air...or maybe miss them smile

Linkalicious
it's like people don't even try to look for threads like this...they just go ahead and make them because they think their original or something...

TheOne101
hey dont look at me man i didnt make it stick out tongue

Red Superfly
Just picked up a game box for Spider-Man 2 on XBox, and on the back it says it has System Link for up to 10 players, and Custom Soundtracks.

Looks like a mistake, but this is on the marketing (dummy) boxes in shops at most shops now, so i'm unsure as to what is going on with that.

shangheid
i need to buy it

TheOne101
same here man only 3 more days and im buyin it on my way to best buy.

shangheid
nice i have no money ><! ill get it tho lol

TheOne101
nice i DO have money weeeee sorry man lol

Freddy_vs_Jason
My Step Mum said she'll buy it for me on the first day smokin'

Another villain is Rhino, the game looks awsome, the webslining is mean't to be just like the movie.

TheOne101
yea i heard about rhino too. i also heard that blackcat wont be your enemy. i saw a video when you team up with her so u never know.

TheOne101
yea im just not sure on wether to get it for ps2 or xbox or GC. i think im gonna go with xbox...and yes i have all three.

SaTsuJiN
hmm spider man 2 looks like a worthy rental actually... Im assuming the combat system is crud, that way I wont get disappointed

TheOne101
i disagree man they have improved the combat system drasticlly. i know the first one sucked but this one is better. now they have the webs way much more invoolved in combos. they made is so that its like web slinging in the fact that everything is one fluid motion. so it should be good.

tbones527
I can't wait for this game. The combat system looks awesome, as does the rest. I liked the first one, but it wasn't all the best. This one will kick butt. Don't get it for PC, though. They get shafted with this little dorky kid thing that you have to aim at targets with your cursor to swing.
I have only 20 bucks but I am going to trade in a bunch of old stuff and my .hack//Infection game.

TheOne101
oh yea like thats gonna be a real money maker haha

Stormy Day
I went through alot of typing to give you guys this info so appreciate!

From new Wizard magazine in stores now

"We went to great lengths to recreate the look and feel of the city,"said producer Matt Powers."We sent members of the art staff to New York to gather tons of references and they came back with maps,books,and countless photographs.We also found quite a bit of information online."

Armed with this data as well as the most advanced streaming technology system availible,the game developers and the art department lovingly recreated famous NY landmarks like the empire state building ,Central Park,and the Statue of Liberty to scale.Players have complete freedom to roam and explore spideys stomping grounds -they can take in a stunning panoramic view of Manhattan from atop a skyscraper or catch a glimspe of the NYC skyline after swinging out to Liberty Island.

The swinging ability has enhanced to with new features like "Charge Jump" and "burst of speed" .And because of the realistic scale,free falling from high above the streets only to catch yourself at the last second with a well placed web ,creates the same intense feeling of exhilaration that movie audiences will get while watching Tobey Mcguire soar through the air.

"A woman may scream while as her purse is being snatched ,an amored car may be held up,a construction worker may be stuck on a broken rigging,a getaway car may be fleeing a crime scene,etc.,"The player can choose whether or not to help,and lending a hand rewards the player with 'hero points' which can be brought to comic book stores around the city and used to upgrade new combat and action moves."

The game also features the voice from Tobey Mcguire,Kirsten Dunce,Alfred Molina and narrator Bruce Cambell,along with a fully interactive Daily Bugle enviroment that players visit to take on Photo Assignments as side missions .

TheOne101
yes i have already seen this info before not in the wizard mag but online and in EGM or PSM but thanks for the insight. everytime i read about it it makes me fill with anticipation. it is going to a very big development. i can not wait till tomorrow! are you going to check it out dead boy?

if you are interested in the voices or info on that check out ign.com they have interviews with tobey and molina.
but THE most anticipated thing for me or my first priority is to master webslinging...or just learn it a good amount then as soon as thats outta the way im gonna hit the highest building i can find and jump. and i will remember that building so if i ever get pissed at spidey i know where to jump and forget to swing hehhe

Stormy Day
glare yeah just go to the website dont look at the info that took me fifteen minutes to write

Freddy_vs_Jason
I read it. The game comes out here on thursday (same day as the movie) and its sunday here. I'm gonna go see the movie on friday and I'm getting the game on thursday (first day it comes out) and I don't wanna ruin anything so I'll just do some training until friday when I've seen the movie. I wanna master web-swinging in training before I actually start the game.

Stormy Day
Oh it comes out on thursday for you.....gotcha wink

Im just gonna rent the game I never buy games.But unfortunately I have to babysit that day messed and the kid isnt no picknick so ill have to wait till he gets picked up to go get the game and thats around 3:00pm it will probaly out my then at my local BlockBuster sad

Stealth Agent
This game sounds so cool i've been waiting for it for the last 3 months.
Unfortuantley Im getting a X-Box this week so i won't be able to fit in a price for Spider2 just yet.

Stormy Day
Are you getting the Halo edition that looks so cool it makes me wish I would have waited a year and plus you get Halo I think confused

just rent it dude wink

TheOne101
yea you get halo with the xbox. and a green controller its awsome. for me the game comes out monday(tomorrow) and the movie comes out wednesday.

tbones527
For me the game comes out Tuesday... man I can't wait. The anticipation is killing me.

Stormy Day
I dont know when it comes out for me.Regular new releases come out on Tuesday for me and maybe Spidey 2 will .All I know is that the movie is coming out over here wedsday.

TheOne101-THATS SO COOL!!!

TheOne101
lol i know dude! i cant wait till tomorrow!!!!

Stormy Day
I should sell mine to get that but I probaly wouldnt have enough sad how much is the halo edition ?

TheOne101
halo edition is the same amount i think or instead of 150 its like 170. but it is worth it you get halo, the green xbox and the green controller. its sweet

Freddy_vs_Jason
Come on guys, this isn't an xbox chat, please stay on topic. And Stormy Day why don't you just ring up your video store now and book it? I'm BUYING it though, I've already pre-ordered it. smokin'

Stormy Day
Theres no reason to pre-order it stick out tongue just like there was no reason to pre-order Lotr:Rotk at blockbuster(even though I did get seven free movie rentals) the stores will all have them in wink.

I know this isnt X-Box chat most threads here never stay on-topic and we where just talking about the Halo X-Box edition just chill.

vagaryatwill
The game def sounds cool. It sounds better than I expected really. I'll most likely be picking it up.

TheOne101
yea stormy s right no need to preorder i mean it is sumer. most adults with jobs will be at work so they cant take their kids to get it soo just try to go out before like 4 or 5 smile lol i dought it iwll be sold out in one day anyway. someone brings it up in a game forum and most people had no idea it was comming out lol.

Elektra_lover
Thats so ill the fact that if u go into a buliding it wont have to load kicks a$$

TheOne101
yes that is ideed kick @$$ and their are like 80 to 100 accesible buildings too. no loading! sweet!

Stormy Day
eek! SWEET!

Yes no need to pre-order wink

TheOne101
lol exactly. all i gotta do it go today. i think im head out in about 10 mins.

Elektra_lover
ur sooo lucky i have 2 wait till 2mmrow sad

TheOne101
lol well im back and im gonna be out till tomorrow anywayz playing so cya guys tomorrow lol.

Freddy_vs_Jason
Just stay on topic Stromy Day. smile

For those of you in america that are gonna buy it soon, tell me this: Is the web-swining cool? is it just like the movie?

R@ven
we got it yesterday and its like vice city but good guy style and the slinging is rather interesting.

Stormy Day
Yes read my post in the Spider-Man forum for a review on what ive played so far smile

Freddy_vs_Jason
You guyes aren't really reading what I'm asking, DOES THE SWINGING LOOK LIKE IT DOES ON THE SPIDER-MAN MOVIES??????????

FlappingMangera
I just saw an ad for it last night at Spiderman 2. the game looked pretty cool and the ad was funny, had all these windo washers cleaning all the web stuff off the windows in nyc.

Stormeister
FvJ read my review in the Spider-Man game discussion JEEZ

TheOne101
yes dude yes it does it looks exactly like in the movies lol. exept you control what he does. just like the movies and more.

Spider-Girl
Yay!! I can't wait to get it tomorrow!

Elektra_lover
I got it but im lost in the city i need ti get to the arcade but i dont know where it is im currently near th DB

Jedi Shmedi
lol That's kind of ironic.

People wanted the city to be bigger so it is. And it's so big you end up getting lost in it. Now I'm looking forward to getting it tomorrow even more!

I'm not looking forward to getting lossed but you get the idea.

Elektra_lover
I figured out that any $ on the map means a place u can buy stuff

Spider-Girl
lol, is there very much criminals on the street? do they get in cars and drive off and you follow them?

Stealth Agent
lotta criminals, you can chase them down in cars and bust up the car to get them to stop by getting on top and banging it up.

I think the car chasing is to easy. They don't go really fast i ussually just run and jump onto there car and bam, bam bam, break it down. to easy

My favorite feature is probally the new jumping. You can jump sooooo far in this game if you charge your jump Spidey launches himself far.
Has anyone else gotto liberty island yet?

The web slinging is kickass i got pissed at it at first. Sumthing yah gotta get used 2. Bit difficult to get all the cool moves MOVIE Spidey has you have ti buy upgrades though.

SpikeSpiegel
What game modes are there? Is there a Free-roam where you can just swing and tackle small crimes or do you have to do that in between places on single player?

TheOne101
no such thing spike. you just do w/e you want. it is exactly like gta vc. they used the same engine so it is proportionally the same game just you being spider man and the good guy. it is too much to explain how crimes work

SpikeSpiegel
*Mr. Burns style*
Excellent

SpikeSpiegel
What happens when you've completed the game, is it free-roam then? Or is it set just before the final mission so you can replay that whenever you like?

Jedi Shmedi
I have no idea but I'm stuck on this level where you are supposed destroy these generators in Doc. Ock's appartment to save him but I keep dying (sorry if that's spelled wrong). Anyway, this game is a thousand times better than the first one.

I also got a free Spiderman vs. Doc. Ock comic magazine when I bought the game at Target, which was also a plus!

But I've only been to Liberty Island once which was during a Mysterio level and even then it took me about 8 tries to make it across those damn UFO things that Mysterio has flying in the air.

All in all, I am very impressed by how much Activision has improved this from the first one. Now I'm looking forward to the 3rd one to see what they will do then!

tbones527
I'm freakin impressed to. The game rocks. Oh, and whoever was looking for the Arcade, It's a few streets inland from the pizza parlor. It's blue on your map... at least in the PS2 version it is.

The swinging... that is somethin that just about takes your breath away... ok, maybe not, but it still kicks butt. That gives me an Idea for a poll... but anyway, if you liked the first game just a little bit, heck, even if you hated it, go get the second one. It is just like GTA: VC, except it's a cleaner Spider-man version with A WHOLE HECK OF A LOT OF STUFF to do in the city between missions. It kicks... well you know...

tbones527
Just wondering who uses Easy because they just don't want Normal mode, or if you use Normal mose because of all the awesome stuff you can do... I use if on Normal, but I put it on Easy for my sis... not much of a gamer.

Jedi Shmedi
I actually have two different game saves. One specifically for doing the story mode, and the other specifically for roaming.

I know I know. Why have two game saves when you can completely ignore the story mode and free roam anyway? Incase I get stuck in a spot during the story mode and can't roam until I beat it. That simple.

Yeah it's sounds stupid but oh well.

shangheid
first off in Doc.Ock's place when the big beam thing is farthest then goes donw on the first 1 swing then after it goes twice on the 2nd swing and u get the picture...AND I FRICKEN GOT MAD AT THE FRICKEN LIBERTY ISLAND PLACE!!

TheOne101
ok sorry spike about the miss hap. you can free roam all you want it is exactly like GTA. you can do w/e you wnt throughout the entire game. once you beat the game there is nothing really to do but roam the city in search of crimes and such.

SpikeSpiegel
Excallent, this is going at the top of my 'To get' list. I didn't want it to be a complete it and have to start over thing, this game sounds awsome.

tbones527
Its quite wierd, but now on Spiderman 2 (PS2), my game never fully loads. What I mean is that the game loads about one district at a time. When I get to the edge of one district, it loads the next one. On the mini map, it just shows a big black area where that district should be. So, when I get to the edge and it loads the next area, Spidey just freezes no matter what he is doing. I can only move the camera and go into Spider-reflexes. The buildings in the next area are visible, but sometimes they break down a bit, or sometimes they aren't even there for a minute. Also, when I go to talk to a civilian in distress, Spiderman does his little pose thing, then he says what he should have said. Then both he and the civilian just wait for a minute or two and then They tell you about the crime.

So to sum it all up, the loading time is slowing down and the game is just generally slowing down. Anyone know why this is happening? Is it happening to anyone else? I hope its not the disc read error... I already had that problem and fixed it.

My theory is that because I just got .hack//infection and I didn't like it and turned it in before I finished it, It infected my PS2... stupid thing.

Just kidding about the infection, but not the slowed game. This sucks.

Jedi Shmedi
Actually I heard that once you beet the game, you unlock an arena type thing. I don't know what you do in it but that's just what I heard.

Anyway, I have another dilema. I'm on the final fight with Doc. Ock (damn this game is short, or maybe I just play to much.....moving on......) I turn off all of the switches on the floor you start on and the switches on the floor below that but I can't find the other two switches!

Can anybody help me out?

Jedi Shmedi
My guess is that it is the disc. I 'm not having any problems with mine but that would be my best guess.

shangheid
i cant get all the switches how do you get the 1's under the deck thing i always would fall in ><

SlipknoT
I just got it, right now I'm on the level where you and aunt May are at the bank and doc oc breaks in and you need to stop him. it took me about a half hour to beat the one where you have to destroy the generators. It's a good game, I hate when you have to get hero points. On the Last level you need to get 50,000 hero points

Elektra_lover
yup on on that and i have 10000+

Elektra_lover
Im on*

SlipknoT
I just beat it. It was way too short.

Jedi Shmedi
I can't freakin beat Doc. Ock. I'm on the final battle and I can turn off the generators but when I get to the point where I have to fight him, I just.......can't..............GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's just that he's so freakin cheap! He hits me when I get knocked down and thanks to those god damn rag-doll physics, I can't move after he hits me! Sigh.

SlipknoT
use your spidey sense it helped me alot, and you need to run at him when you want to hit him, you need to be running most of the time, and dodge.

Elektra_lover
Wait how many awards do u have SKIPnot?

Elektra_lover
SlipknoT*

forumcrew
calling this a GTA spiderman.. is um insane? this game does not come close to the level of gta its a renter no reason to buy it

Jedi Shmedi
Unless you're a Spidey freak like me. Then this game is the best thing to happen to Spidey fans in a long time. In my opinion, it's totally worth every cent.

Elektra_lover
How many/whats the last MJ mission?

SlipknoT

Elektra_lover
I wonder what happens whe u get alllllllll the awards

SpikeSpiegel
Apparently nothing, I've yet to get the game. It should arrive today/tomorrow

MrFixit
I bought Spiderman 2 on the PS2 the day that it was released. (but didnt play it until after I saw the movie cause i didnt want any plot developments given away)

This is the best Spiderman game to date. I'm very impressed with the graphics, story, and most of all, the gameplay. I still haven't gotten sick of swinging through NYC. (it must have taken forever for the game designers to create EVERY inch of NYC -- they even have the statue of liberty and two sky lights representing the Twin Towers just like in real life)

It took me a week to beat the first half of the game. (the Doc Ock storyline) But their is a whole other half to the game. Such as:
- you can swing around until you see random acts of crime and stop it
- you can switch to Peter Parker and deliver pizzas
- you can work at the Daily Bugle and take pictures of crap for money
- you can take injured people to the hospital
- you can stop drivers that drive too fast
- enter buildings such as an arcade, bar, comic store, Peters apt, the bank, restaurants
-racing mini-games for points and awards (see how fast you can get from one part of the city to the next)
- fight mysterio, rhino, shocker, and doc ock (no vulture or lizard)
- beat the crap out of crooks with about 30 diferent combat moves
- play as DOC OCK (hell yeah)
- play as the crook that killed Uncle Ben (dont ask me why)

I love this game. If you enjoy GTA3 and the original Spiderman: The Movie game for the PS2,then you'll love this game because its basically those two games combined.

Jason420
I rented the game on the day it came out and i beat it that day its fun but tooooo short

Red Superfly
Why are people saying it's too short?

I've been having a blast just messing around GTA-style.

It's only short cos you sit there, doing nothing else, gunning the main story arc. GTA was short if you did that too, although, admiteddly, GTA was longer anyway.

Red Superfly
How can people find the web slinging hard to learn? I played it on a display pod at the shop before I bought it, and as soon as I picked it up I was swinging around doing loops and everything. It was because it was so easy to pick up and impressive was the reason I bought it.

My brothers love it, it's one of those few games in my collection where everybody can play it and have tremendous fun.

Best thing is, you play the good guy.

shangheid
ok i need help though for who ever has hti all the genoraters at the end after the 8 on both floors and the 1 on the bottom where is the last 1??

shangheid
nice

Elektra_lover
Up high on the wall

Elektra_lover
How many/whats the last MJ mission?

shangheid
thanks but right as i got off kmc i beat it ><! lol i went to gamefaqs

MrFixit
i believe the last MJ mission was to meet her at the coffee shop or whatever. (right before Doc Ock throws the car through the window)

On a side note, I was playing today and was trying to figure out how to get Spidey to the statue of liberty. (since there arent any boats that go to and from it) I was able to attach my web to a helicopter that flies toward Ellis Island. (you have you let go of the helicopter when it gets CLOSE to the island because it turns around before reaching the island -- Spidey will just swim the rest of the way) THEN you have to catch another helicopter to the statue of liberty.

It was fun for about 2 minutes to climb up to the face of the Statue but now I'm stranded on the island until I can find a helicopter to take me back to NYC. I wish there were missions or at least PEOPLE there...considering it IS a big tourist attraction)

One complaint about the game is the music...its like cheesy synthasized rock music. (during fight scenes and stuff) I would have preferred a Spiderman soundtrack-like music. (like the one composed by Danny Elfman for the Spiderman movies) Or at least get REAL music from unknown bands as opposed to what they currently have...which sounds like music for a video game on the Sega Genesis.

MrFixit
For those of you asking about the the final Doc Ock level:

There are 8 switches on the two floors, one switch high up on a WALL (so you have to attach to the wall and carefully crawl to it) and one at the very bottom under the floor. (toughest one...if u crawl too fast at it, u usually fall into the water) Its easy to figure which switches still need to be turned off if u just follow the cable...active switches will have illuminated cable around it.)

As for actually beating Doc Ock, I supposed the Spider Sense Mode (cough, cough, Matrix rip-off cough) will help since everything is in slow motion and u can dodge his tentacles easier.

But I found an easy way to beat him without getting hit once. (probably a glitch in the game cause it was unsually easy) Try to get him in one of those side rooms where there is a lot of open space. (you dont have to, but he's easier to beat this way) When he is using his tentacles to walk around and hoist his body up, don't even bother trying to punch him...he will smack the bejesus out of you...just run away from him and wait for him to lower his body to the ground. Once his legs (as in HUMAN legs) are touching the floor, charge him by holding turbo and super-punch him (holding turbo and hitting punch) He'll momentarilly be on the ground...before he gets up, u have to quickly turn around and super punch him again...keep repeating...he wont be able to get up as long as ur holding turbo and continue to charge and punch him back and forth. (you should roughly be hitting the punch button every 3 seconds -- just so you know how fast you should go)

I figured this out on accident and was able to beat him without him hitting me once.

MrFixit
Does anyone know any Spiderman 2 cheats for the PS2? I hear there is one to play as Stickyrice, Venom, and Doc Ock. Anyone know how to do this??

SpikeSpiegel
You can't. As of yet there are no codes at all in the game. The only things you can unlock are:
movie theater (which is just a couple of demos and is v. disappointing)
battle arena
wall sprint 2
swing speed 8

MrFixit
Well, America Online has a video game section and put out an article that included cheats. AOL is a pretty reliable source...I don't know why they would lie. Plus, I've seen these codes on a bunch of other sites. I've tried them, but they don't work so I assumed I was doing it incorrectly:

NAME CHEAT
PLEASE NOTE: You can only use these cheats with a memory card that doesn't have any previous Spider-Man 2 gamesaves on it.
With this cheat, you will start with no intro, 20100 Hero points, Swing Speed 6/8, Web Zip Aquired. Awards: Big Game Hunter, Alien Buster, Shock Asorber, Tentacle Wrangler and 44.38% done.
Follow the steps below..
1. Start a new game.
2. Enter your name as: HCRAYERT
3. Now go back and enter your usual name for yourself.

OR Enter your name as: STICKYRICE (to play as the criminal that killed Uncle Ben)

OR Enter your name as: VENOMBITE (to wear a black spidey suit...not to be confused as playing as Venom)

MrFixit
When I entered my name as HCRAYERT and pressed enter, instead of starting the game like it usually does, it just cleared the name and asked me again to enter my name......so SOMETHING happened. (although I didn't start the game with 20,100 Hero points like the cheat promised) I even bought a brand-new memory card so I didnt have any previous gamesaves.

If any of you have gotten this to work, let me know how you did it. Thanks.

SpikeSpiegel
I've heard that HCRAYERT works, but the other two are fake.

ragesRemorse
man this game is overated. Yeah the swinging is fun, but everyhting else gets real old real fast. I still think the original comic games for PS1 were far batter than the movie games, or atleast funner

SpikeSpiegel
The first 3d spidrman game was the best (ps1 spiderman) in my opinion

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>