Band of Brothers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wicker_man

Dirty Vader
Yeah its a great show, a bit depressing and sad at times, and the action's great.

Raz
I've been meaning to see this for a while. I've heard all good things about it, and IMDb also rates it very highly.

Fire
it is very good to get an actual war feeling, I SUPPOSE (being only 19 and all)

glenn
Best series i had ever seen

EOWYN3
I thought it was great. I recently bought the DVD's.

msj_shanks
band of brothers has gotta be the best world war 2 movie or mini series in history.

Dirty Vader
hmmmmm maybe not, but yeah its good. For me its that german film that takes place in a U-boat. The best in my opinion. Forgot the name.

I forgot the name...

wicker_man
U571

Ushgarak
Good LORD no. Hopefully he means Das Boot.

Of whivh the series of which was better than the film.

Ushgarak
And in one of those little coincidences, I am jsut reading the original book of Das Boot, AND the film was on television here a couple of days ago and I just watched it.

The film really is just a quick summary of the series- about six hours cut down to two and a half.

Dirty Vader
Yeah it was Das Boot. A very long film but the best WWII I've ever seen.
I remember starting watching it at 12am till 5am or something like that. Long but worth it, its great. When I saw it they must of shown the whole series back to back, although it didnt look like a series at the time.
U-571? Come on... sick

Ushgarak
Blimey, watching the whole series back to back cannot be good for your mental health!

scott hiwersh
Das Boot was awesome.... Wasn't there a band that did a song "Das Boot" back in the 80's and they had clips in their video??? A while back?? Anyway, Band of Brothers is one of the best at least... Isn't it airing on TV soon, I think on the History Channel. I hope at least, I don't have the DVD's and still need to see it all the way through... Good musical score on that one too.

A.D. Skinner
Okay...why are we talking about Das Boot on a Band of Brothers thread ?

Band of Brothers was ingenious...from boot camp, till the end of the war...it was a great chronilogical story of the elite Airborne 101st.

As soon as it was out on DVD I picked it up, and have watched it numerous times...in fact...I think I am going to watch it right now.

scott hiwersh
You are right... To Hell w/ Das Boot!!! J/K... But I wish I was watching Band of Brothers now... Have you ever watched it all the way through? No Breaks? You aren't otugh enough... J/K again. It is coming on history channel btw, I checked it out... starts April 11th.. they are palying one or two episodes a night in order... I cannot wait...

A.D. Skinner
Yes I have watched all the epidodes...all 10 that is right in a row...

was a very slow weekend ! laughing out loud

scott hiwersh
That is pretty tough... You could rival many LOTR fans for length of viewing capacity... I will watch an episode a night, but do not think I could handle the 10 in a row though... I will prob'ly watch all 10 when they come on in april since I don't have the DVD's...

greyboy
I just caught this thread....thats freaking awesome. I've just been too damn broke to buy the box set so this will def be a treat. Thanks for the info!

Holcomb
This is the first I've heard of this. Great news! Thanks for posting.

greyboy
btw....does anyone know if this is totally uncut or if it is edited at all?

thanks in advance!

Holcomb
I think it might be edited a little but they are showing 30 min. of never before seen footage so that should be very cool.

greyboy
thanks again....I think I might go rent the first couple episodes to "gear up" for it!!

Currahee!!!

scott hiwersh
I think the edits are limited, like no f-word and stuff. Also, there is supposed to be little to no commercials... sweet..

Holcomb
Cutting down on commercials will make it so much better to watch. I wonder what the new footage will be of.

ash007
I just brought the DVD yesterday and i managed to watch all 10 episodes

they were fantastic smile

Gosh this is a classic and will be remembered for quite a while

whatshisface
great series. i like the part where one american soldier crossed enemy lines and no nazi shot at him cause they were too shocked and they didn't exactly know how to react... talk about your 80 pound brass balls...

Holcomb
I vaguely remember that scene. What episode is that in?

whatshisface
i can't remeber. it was a rescue mission, i think. when they had to cross the river.

greyboy
just a friendly reminder....band of brothers starts on the history channel this sunday!!!

anyone up for some BoB trivia to prepare??

MiNiKe
That was Lieutenant Ronald Speirs in episode 7, The Breaking Point.

I'm looking forward to the History Channel showing. Hopefully not too much will be cut out.

scott hiwersh
I think they have been doing a really good job thus far... They are not showing very many commercials at all, and they are short when they do actually break... It is such a good series...

freya
my brother got the dvd box of band of brothers this week and i got addicted to it its so great the way it was filmed is fatastic and that green grey colour the whole way is through is just great

Tex
Been watching it on the History channel, its pretty good.
Final chapter is tomorrow.

The concentration camp episode was really good.

But to tell you the truth WWII movies have been done and done....time to move on...

roughrider
The great distraction for me was, the week this was beginning to air on HBO - and this was the story on CNN, interviewing various real people connected to the veterans -
It was the week 9/11 happened.
Ratings took a slight dip for the next episode but came back strong. But the series got out of mind for me, trying to learn about what was going on with all these jihadists coming out of the woodwork.

Then in 2009 I got watching some episodes on the cop show 'Life' starring Damian Lewis. And found out he was actually English, and was the central actor in Band Of Brothers. Catching some later episodes of BOB being marathoned on Christmas weekend, I FINALLY rented the DVD two weeks ago. And I can't believe it took me this long to watch such a masterwork! thumb up I know that with Steven Spielberg & Tom Hanks producing, and the tech input of Capt. Dale Dye, it would be up in quality with Saving Private Ryan. But it some ways it's even better - the ten hour running time gives it such an epic scope, and so many details large & small can be examined. And lots of time for character development.
I have been wondering when I'm going to get a Blu-ray player. I might just get it so I can buy the Blu-ray copy of this!

Shey Tapani
Too bad that the Pacific is going to delayed.

I dont have anything to watch in terms of series.

DarthLazious
It is the best mini series HBO has ever made.

forumcrew
Originally posted by DarthLazious
It is the best mini series HBO has ever made.

It is about the best anything media related ever made.

roughrider
Picked up the DVD box set last week. A beautiful tin box with great design. Proud to have it on my shelf.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.