New Vehicle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Daft
Has anyone seen that vehicle rendering on theforce.net? It's red and white, with its artoo unit on the side of the wing rather than behind the pilot. If this does appear in Episode 2 then we could be looking at one of the few non-symetrical fighter ships in Star Wars. I think the B-wing was the only other one that wasn't symetrical wasn't it?

theEviljedi
It looks like someone made it with Adobe Processor.

Darth Daft
Yes I must agree that it does look like something fan-made. But still, I think it's a good idea having the artoo unit by the side.

theEviljedi
Yeah.I liked that aswell.smile

Darth Daft
But then I think there are still vehicles that may not be used in the film. This may have been an early design by one of the art crew, but may have been dropped. I guess we'll find out if they release "The Art of Episode 2" book.

UnknownBountyHunter
It looks pretty neat!

Ratcat
If I read it right it's a fan rendering based on some spy info that the fan received.

BTW, in cruise/combat mode the B-Wing is symetrical but in take-off it isn't.

Darth Daft
Didn't know that Ratcat. Thanx. smile

Ratcat
Hey, it's right up there on the screen. smile My please DD.

Darth Daft
Sorry, I don't remember reading it. Shows how lazy I am.

Ratcat
Only kidding, but back on topic, that is a cool design.

Darth Daft
Yes it looks a bit like an A-Wing. Perhaps the A-Wing is an advanced version of it.

Ratcat
Possibly though we don't know how much of this is based on the spy pics and how much is the artists interpetation.

The colours could be off or anything so we'll have to wait. Remember, that image was a progression from 3 or 4 others of a similar shaping.

Darth Daft
I wonder if we'll see a return of the Naboo Star Fighter. And do you think we might see a cameo of the new X-Wing in Episode 3?

Jedimaster3838
I would love to see an X-Wing make an appreance. You'd think we'd see it as a part of the Rebellion. I also heard a rumor that we would see the Falcon, I know we probably won't see it, but I would love to see the Corellian Freighter. It wasn't originally owned by Han, and whos to say that Lando was the original owner? He probably won it on a bet.

Ratcat
That's weird, I just posted in the thread for "Things you's like to see" about the X-Wing and Y-Wings. It would be great to see them "fresh of the lot" if you know what I mean.

The Falcom in a modified version of a Corellian YT-1300. That kinda suggests that there are a whole bunch of unmodified YT-1300's out there somewhere.

Darth Daft
I hope there will be kind of undeveloped X-Wings that look the same, but different. If that makes sense....

Dim
No, that's a complete contriction stick out tongue

Yeah...a less sophisticated version of the Xwing would be good.

Jedi Mercenary
That red and white thing is actually a ship from the upcoming Playstation2 game,"Star Warsmessedtarfighter and has nothing to do with Ep2

Ratcat
I assume this is coming from Lucasarts, maybe this is the Episode-
II version of the preview STAP, which incidently is still available
at a bargian price at most UK TRU's

Darth Daft
There's also a Lucasarts game called "Star Wars: Demolition&
quot; and it has loads of different vehicles battling it out
in arenas. It includes STAPS, podracers, landspeeders and all
the other usual Star Wars land vehicles.

Ratcat
Yeah I heard about that too. Sounds pretty kool.

Darth Daft
Hey I just realised something. Jedi Mercenary was saying how
the ship was from Naboo Starfighter and therefore won't be in
Episode 2, but in fact something similar is in Rogue Squadron,
an older similar game to Starfighter.
It was realeased around
1996/7 but not until after TPM was released did Lucasarts give
out a cheat-code that had previously been unheard of. The cheat
gave you access to the Naboo Starfighter even though Rogue Squadron
was releases ages before TPM. Can you imagine how cool it would
have been if people had known the cheat before and would have
been wondering where the ship came from?
Well perhaps they'
ve done that in Naboo Starfighter. Perhaps they've put in an
Episode 2 ship like they did with Rogue Squadron with a TPM ship.

Jedi Mercenary
strike 2 Daft, the ship is one of three ships you can use, it
is not a cheat, there is also another new ship, which resembles
a Y-wing

Darth Daft
Well still, I know it's unlikely, but just remember that Lucasarts
obviously have access to the designs of the new star wars films,
otherwise they wouldn't have been able to put a Naboo Starfighter
in Togue Squadron so long before TPM was released to the public.
So it's quite possible that they've decided to include a ship
from Episode 2.

Ratcat
It wasn't a cheat code, you were able to download the Naboo starfighter patch from the Lucasarts website.

Darth Daft
Actually thats only on the PC version. I have it on the N64 and you have to type in the code, "?Halifax?" or something like that. I can't remember it.

Jedi Mercenary
yeah, but the ships in Starfighter are fighting against the trade federation, and thats not very Episode2 like

Ratcat
DD, the N64 version came out AFTER TPM.

Merc, I think "Starfighter" is based around Episode-I times.

Jedi Mercenary
that's what I'm trying to say here!! If the ship is in an Ep1 based game, then it won't be in Ep2

Dim
Why not? by that reasoning we're not flying around in 20 year old planes...it's completely possible that we'll see it, or something very near.

Darth Daft
Ratcat, Rogue Sqadron (N64) didn't come out after The Phantom Menace. I owned it quite a while before so I should know.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.