Mandalore News

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Daft
I was just looking at Boba Fett's profile on the Behind the Magic CD ROM and it mentioned some interesting info on the Mandalores that I've never noticed before.
Now most people suspect that the Mandalore's are a SPECIES of alien from a certain planet.
However it says on BTM, "The Mandalores were a violent warrior sect founded over 4000 years before the Galactic Civil War. They were eventually defeated by Jedi Knights during the Clone Wars, but a few members of the clan may still be alive."
This info tells us that they weren't species but were in fact just a group, kind of like the Klu Klux Klan or something. So that is why Boba Fett wears their armour. He isn't a different species called a Mandalore. He just happens to have once been a member of the clan.
Any other thoughts on this?

theEviljedi
That's old news.I found that out about 3 years ago in a Star Wars quiz game.It is rather interesting though.smile

Darth Daft
Fine. But still I think the Mandalores aren't a species, they're a group of warriors of different species.

theEviljedi
I never heard anyone say they were.Where did you hear that?

Darth Daft
Erm, I'm not sure. Perhaps I'm just making it up.

Darth Heinous
Mandalore was the leader of the Mandalore Warriors. He looked somewhat like a Predator. Very little is known about his involvement in the Sith War other than he sided with Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma. I heard Boba Fett was a Mandalore Warrior until they all got killed in the Clone Wars. Being the last Mandalore Warrior Boba Fett was out of work, therefore he turned to bounty hunting. Jodo Kast is NOT a Mandalore Warrior. Fett shouted at Kast "You're no one! You didn't earn this armor!" before taking his armor and KILLING him. As for Jango Fett ... I know nothing of his involvement with the Mandlore Warriors. Any other Mandalore Warriors out there I didn't mention?

Darth Daft
Thanx for the info, Darth Heinous. The thing is, though, Lucas has said that we should forget about all we've heard of Boba Fett in source books, apart from his large role in the Clone Wars and the fact that his armour is of Mandalore. And I don't think the tale of the character Mandalore will have anything to do with Episode 2 either, as Lucas will not use any of the EU stuff connected with Exar Kun and the other particular characters.
So I'm still not sure what to expect of Boba Fett and the Mandalorians, but I'm pretty sure they'll be a group of all different kinds of aliens within a massive warrior clan, rather than a particular species from the planet Mandalore.
I also wonder if Boba Fett is human or not. His voice sounded rather menacing, like something belonging to a reptile sort of alien, although that is just a very small possibility. The mask may have made his voice sound different like Leia's did when she dressed as Boush.

Darth Heinous
What about Jodo Kast? Will he be "erased" also?

UnknownBountyHunter
I hope not.

Darth Daft
Sorry, who is Jodo Kast? Is he a Mandalore?

Darth Heinous
Jodo Kast is a bounty hunter that wears a Mandalorian battlesuit similar to Boba Fett. Very little is known about Kast's past. He and Boba Fett do NOT like each at all.

Darth Daft
Is he the one who Boba Fett killed and so Boba was then stripped of his title and banished from Concord Dawn?

Darth Heinous
Jodo Kast went around telling everyone he was Boba Fett one year after Return Of The Jedi. He screwed ALOT of his jobs. That got Boba Fett VERY angry (naturally). Boba Fett tracked down the imposter and killed him. I was sad to Jodo Kast get killed off. He was a cool bounty hunter.

UsoKool
boba=cloned vader

Darth Heinous
Boba Fett is NOT a clone of Darth Vader.

Darth Daft
Yes he is. And Christopher Lee is Obi-Wan's long-lost uncle. And Jango Fett is the new leader of the Gungans. And Shmi becomes a Bounty Hunter. And Boss Nass starts his own fitness club.
Yes, I got all those facts from very good sources. Just you wait and see.

.....j/k

Jedi Mercenary
Who agrees wih me, The mandalorian/jedi battle should take place on Alderaan

Jedimaster3838
I just hope to see Alderaan as well as Mandalores vs. Jedi, why not kill two birds with one stone?

Ratcat
Usokool, why post that twice, especially as it's BS.

Darth Daft
I don't mind which planet the Jedi/Mandalore battle takes place,
but many sources have implied that many battles from the Clone
Wars took place on Alderaan, so at least it would go along with
them. It just depends on what GL wants.

Ratcat
But why? Alderaan is a peaceful planet. They have no weapons.

Darth Daft
Yes, but so was Naboo, but it was forced to fight. No matter
how peaceful a nation is, it will still have to fight back in
order to defend itself from other nations.

Jedi Mercenary
The guide to the star wars universe says that the reason they
threw away their weapons was beacause of the clone wars and how
bloody they were

Darth Daft
Yeah that's also what I was thinking. They may be hit quite hard
from the wars and decide that from then on they'll not fight
again.

Jedi Mercenary
even though they live in caves, they are still pretty technologically advanced

Darth Daft
Caves? I thought they lived in large beautiful cities in lakes and within canyons.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.