Sci-Fi War Story - Working Title: Chicks & Steak

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Captain REX
Here's what work I've done on my sci-fi war story! Enjoy!

<><><><><><><><><><><><>

Prologue - 2541 AD

The Planet Earth had come to a relative peace by the Twenty-sixth century. Terrorist threats had been eliminated completely, it was thought, through hard efforts from many countries. Trade was plentiful, and every country had what it needed. No one was homeless, for if there was no room on Earth, there was plenty of room on Mars and the space stations circling Jupiter and Saturn. But it all changed just a few years later. The German military had been contacted by an unknown source. The letter in the envelope stated that a terrorist outpost had been spotted in Africa, containing several hundred terrorists whom were heavily armed. The location was enclosed. Germany, intent on being the first to wipe out the terrorist threat before anyone could find out that they had missed one, mounted the assault as quickly as possible. The plan was to avoid any ground combat, and burn the outpost to the ground with incendiary bombs. On October 21, 2541, the German air fighters and heavy bombers were launched, laden with enough bombs and ammunition to set the entire continent ablaze.

The planes arrived in South Africa like a cloud of locusts ready to devour the terrorist outpost as if it were a field of wheat. As soon as they were in range, they riddled the building with energy-encased bullets, a new technology of the time. Surprisingly, there was no return fire, but the pilots leading the assault stated that they were probably taken unawares and could not return fire under the hail of burning lead. The bombers flew over the outpost, dropping all incendiary bombs directly on top of the building. The building was burned down and destroyed within minutes, the burning liquids and intense flames consuming its remains. The Germans left the scene as quickly as possible, thinking themselves victorious.

But when the fighter pilots returned, the Germans had received word from the American government that they had lost contact from one of their embassies...in South Africa. Eyewitnesses to the attack had told them that it was the German air fighters that had destroyed the building. The Germans sent a reply back, saying that they had not done anything in the recent weeks regarding planes. The Americans, heated by the loss of the embassy, blamed the Germans, and declared war. War had not been seen on the surface of the Earth since the Twenty-second century, not including recent efforts to destroy terrorism. Nonetheless, war came swiftly. American warships and aircraft carriers crossed the Atlantic and appeared on the horizon on December 7, and began knocking down walls of the cities on the coast with their heavy artillery. Allies of the Germans were pulled into the war, as were the allies of the Americans, and it became a full blown World War Three.

The colonies on Mars watched the war from space, and had already divided their races into sectors, for example, the American sector, the German sector, etcetera. One day, watching from space, the Earth seemed to explode, the flash of a nuclear weapon effectively wiping Japan from the face of the Earth. The following day, a stockpile of nuclear bombs malfunctioned in Australia, destroying everyone and everything on the continent. Allies of the lost Australians sought revenge, and saboteurs from China were accused. The war was costing the Earth much, for each side had powerful weapons on their sides, and the nuclear weaponry was having negative effects on the atmosphere and ecosystem. Mars and the space stations around Jupiter and Saturn seemed to be the only places of solitude, but it was not so forever. Soon the strife began there as well, since one of the space stations drifted into the asteroid field. Others blamed others for saboteur, and so on.

The war continues still, allies ganging up upon allies, obliterating countries and mountains. A map of the Earth has changed drastically, the polar caps melting quicker due to the nuclear energy, islands disappearing under the water, and other places being obliterated by bombs and bullets. Soon the supply of nuclear bombs ran out, and more needed to be made. Most bomb-making facilities were shut down for fear of being raided or destroyed. Now men rely on the plasma bullets and their own skills, on both sides. The wars rage all over the solar system, even out past Pluto...

Trickster
thats kickass! You could start a strategy game based on one of the sdtations, where you chose a country and fight for them, building up a gang. Or you could finish the story, both would be good!

Captain REX
Thanks Trickster! I'll finish the story. It'll take awhile though, I've got big plans... cool

Captain REX

Captain REX

Baylin
Good work so far!

hotsauce6548
THIS IS GREAT!

Captain REX
Thanks! big grin

Now that I have 2 weeks off from school, I'll probably proceed with more work, and eventually another battle! There'll be a few before the story is over.

Captain REX
Wow, I haven't updated this? What's wrong with me?!

I've got tons more to post. yes

Captain REX

Captain REX

Bespin Bart
EDIT - Forgot to switch profiles, BB's my brother...

~REX~

Captain REX

Captain REX

Captain REX

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.