GL shoots footage for Episodes III-VI!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bigsef2
this weeks TV guide has an interview in it with George Lucas. It made several interesting statements.

First, it said that Lucas has already shot footage for Episode III in Tunisia, because he doesnt want to have to go there again and rebuild the sets again in two years. So, we know Tatooine will have a small role in Episode III, and also it seems unlikely, but not impossible, that the footage will contain Anakin or Padme. (Anakin, atleast will probably need to look a year or two older in EPIII)

The second statement that caught my eye was that Lucas shot footage to reinsert in "definitave editions" of Episodes IV-VI. The footage is said to include "CHARACTERS and PLANETS" introduced in the current trilogy. This can mean only one thing. Jar-Jar in the Original Trilogy! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

yerssot
about shooting in Tunisia; I knew that, it's probably Portman and Hayden because they will also be in EpIII.

that other one; guest that's the archival edition coming back

Ushgarak
Hmm. I'll reserve judgment until we get something more definitive on this.

bigsef2
As much as Id hate to have GL tamper with the OT even more, when you think about it, it makes sense, and it might be a good thing. A MAJOR plot point of the Episodes I-III is Senator Palpatines rise to power. But in ANH, there is barely even a mention of him, let alone actual screen time. I'm pretty sure Lucas will put scenes on Coruscant, likely with the Emperor giving Vader orders, into the new movies. After all, Crouscant is the seat of the Empire, and we see it at the end of ROTJ, it would only make sense to show more of it in the OT.

yerssot
stupid! why do that? he made the PT now, so he had to think about that first!

Ushgarak
Hmm... really not sure about this. And if there ARE any changes they would be extremely minor, I would have thought.

yerssot
yeah! otherwhise you could just insert a new sith

bigsef2
i dont think anyone should doubt that the changes WILL be small, such as having jar-jar in the background on hoth and the rebel frigate in ROTJ so that we know hes part of the rebel alliance now or something like that. But the prequel trilogy is on a very BIG, GALACTIC scale. ANH, and ESB are somewhat small and isolated. I think Lucas will add a few scenes that show how what's going on with the Empire and the Rebellion is affecting things on a galactic scale. I definately think we will see the Emperor more in ANH and ESB. It would make sense to me, atleast. How about you guys?

Ushgarak
Could have Bail Organa turn up in a cameo, I guess.

queeq
Why? Alderaan gets shot to pieces?

And I think JarJar is already in the OT SE's. Check out the new wampa cave shot, where the wampa is eating. I think those bloody remains ARE JarJar.

Aquarius87
Why are you guys so critcal of Jar Jar,i think he deserves some respect you know,like he did help padme by introducing her to Boss nass ,which lead to the gungans helping her fight for Naboo.
And he is just good for the kids,cos he's stupid and funny.
So stop Paying him out,he's heaps cool.smile
SW isn't just for the fans.

Ushgarak
For the 400th time, I'll remind people that more people here defend Jar-Jar than attack him. He really gets enough defensive coverage; there have been entiore THREADS about it. People don;t need to get so touchy when someone does not like him.

Aquarius87
Haha! ok then Ush,
I didn't know,i havn't ben here long,and i never really saw anything defending Jar Jar.

Ushgarak
Ok, sorry. Believe me, it's true. You'll be surprised how many people like him.

Aquarius87
*crosses her arms shakes her head and sighs* "Virgo's"?roll eyes (sarcastic)

Aquarius87
Hey when can i have my own Avatar?

Ushgarak
Lonely virgos at that...

ToMacco
It wouldn't surprise me if Lucas re-released definitve editions of the OT. I told you he was only concerned with money. The guy is a greedy pig.

Ushgarak
You say 'I told you' as if you had just proved it to everyone's satisfaction..

Texas
greedy pig?rolling on floor laughing

queeq
Oink?

DJ Velocity
So let me get this straight. GL MAY be making a new version of the OT to tie in with the PT? I like the sound of it!!!

In all honesty, I have always felt the OT was different from the PT. They don't seem to gel.

Stupid things like IV being plain ol' 'Star Wars' and Ep1 being SW Ep1 TPM. I know IV is SW EpIV ANH, but there is no continuity between the packaging.

Why does the TPM VHS box look different to the OT and even the SE OT. I still do not think the PT will fit together with the OT without some changes.

GL, change one of the Jabba's, they look TOO different.

darth fester
true the greedy fat bearded pig had us buy the ot special editions beliving it would be the last time we could get them and then goes and does it again

i hope he drowns in a pit of money

DJ Velocity
laughing out loud
Go Go Darth Fester!!!

queeq
Actually fester, that's not entirely true. GL said the ORIGINAL OT (before the SE's) were not to be released again.
Secondly, the packaging of the latest OT box was very similar to that of TPM.

DJ Velocity
The video boxes for the SE, I could fit my car into. The TPM box was tiny, the smallest box I've ever seen (except the crappy card ones). It isn't important but if SW is a 6 part movie, then the packaging should have some continuity. Is the SE Ep4 titled - Star Wars Episode IV A New Hope? I can't remember. ANH is still widely referred to as just Star Wars and a lot of people are confused about the films. My mother for one.

queeq
Yes, that's exactly what ANH is called. It was called just Star Wars sometime after the release in 1977. Until new episodes were to be made and then it turned into Episode IV: A New Hope. So that's official now.

And I'm sure that when ALL films are released in 2006 on DVD, they will all look the same as we all buy yet another set.

darth fester
yeah well if the fat bearded one is going to do that then he should just remake them and get it all over and done with
until he brings out the dvds in 2050 with deleted scenes and he make anothe 100,000,000 million dollars that has paid for his crirogenics(sorry cant spell or say it)(frozen until they find a way to bring his fat piggy arse back to life)then he can count his wealth

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr he makes me so mad

even madder than jar jar

Captain REX
If GL does shooting for Ep. III-Ep. VI, here are possible things he could do to the backround.

Ep. IV:
1. He could put a Starspeeder 3000 in the backround at Mos Eisley. It could be flying away or something.
2. He could add aliens that aren't seen much in Ep. IV, like Pacithip or a Twi'lek.
3. He could make the whereabouts of Aurra Sing known in Ep. IV.
4. Nothing else.

Ep. V:
1. He could put herds of tauntauns in the backround.
2. He could add more snowspeeders.
3. He could add a few more AT-STs.
4. He could put Dice Ibegon, a cantina patron in Ep. IV, being blown up by a walker. Her profile on From Ackbar to Zuckuss says she died during the Battle of Hoth.
5. He could add the Wampa sequence during the Battle of Hoth. C-3PO pulls a warning label off the door, the snowtroopers open the door, and all hell breaks loose in the base.

Ep. VI:
1. He could add more TIE fighters just to annoy us.
2. He could add Lak Sivrak going done and crashing on Endor. He died during that battle and it says that's how he died on FATZ.
3. He could add Yuzzums like Joh Yowza, since there from Endor. See them at the celebration or something.
4. He could throw in a scene with Prince Xizor somewhere. Wouldn't be very good though.
5. In the celebration sequence, he could add Naboo celebrating the death of the Emperor and the destruction of the second Death Star. He could also add Kamino.

Well, all he could do for

King Jedi
Hey Fester if you think Lucas is a "greedy fat bearded pig" then you should - not go and see AOTC
don't go and see ep3
don't by any merchandise
don't by the films on any other format
*CENSORED *

(NOTE: That was uncalled for KJ, no need for that I'm sure)

darth fester
oooooooooh have i upset you

this is a forum and we are entitled to our own opinion

lucas lover

King Jedi
Lucas lover?laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud Is that supposed to be an insult?rolling on floor laughing
mmmm.....you're on a Star Wars board and you try and insult someone by calling them a "Lucas lover".laughing out loud laughing out loud What can I say?roll eyes (sarcastic)

Of course your entitled to your opinion. But not to keep calling someone a fat greedy pig.roll eyes (sarcastic) That's just being an idiot.smile

queeq
Ahem, language please.

yerssot
language from the latin word lingua, wich means tongue or language...
*looks around, with a 'I am so smart'-face*

Ushgarak
Ecce! In forum est puer, nomine yerssot!

queeq
Oh no, you have him quoting Latin. You've done it now, yerss.

Ushgarak
He asked for that.

queeq
I know..... Belgians. roll eyes (sarcastic)

peluffo
You Know? this forum is my best way to get news about StarWars...

OOOHHH NOOOOO i'm tired of buy the "last version".... I need a new Shelf (shelve?) to my wall just to get the OT on every version that Lucas had wanted to put in the streets.

I WANT THE DEFINITIVE VERSION ON DVD!!!!

Ushgarak
Well, this is still just rumour, remember

bigsef2
GL didnt specifically say it himself, but the TVGuide Article did say something to that effect, and in some documentary (I think its actually on one of the Special Edition tapes) GL or Mccallum said there would be Special Edition Special Editions of the "OT" and Special Editions of the "PT" after all 6 movies were released. The two trilogies need to be tied together a little better somehow. Besides, as much of a greedy bastard as GL is, do you think he could resist releasing definitave editions of all SIX movies in the theatres right after another, and then AGAIN on VHS and DVD?! Come on, you know WED ALL buy them!

Ushgarak
It's not on the tapes, but the whole 'Final Ediiton' thing HAS been going around for quite a while.

He's not THAT greedy, you know...

bigsef2
no, but if i cant refer to GL as a greedy bastard, who else can I? Its just very fun to say. You should try it.

peluffo
greedy bastard greedy bastard greedy bastard greedy bastard greedy bastard

Well, I don't feel better...
Better start to save a few $$$ to buy the next re-masterized-dubbed-fixed-uncensored-extra wide screen-blooperized version that hit the streets... smokin' smokin'

darth fester
el george lucas es un bastardo codicioso gordo que se asemeja gordo a un cerdo

Aquarius87
This place wouldn't exist if it wasn't for the man called george,he is a genius you know smile...i think we all know

DJ Velocity
This thread just keeps getting better laughing out loud

queeq
It does? Time to leave then. evil face

King Jedi
This place is in danger of becoming like TFN. Full of people with chips on their shoulders about Lucas.

queeq
Chips? And fish? big grin

yerssot
hmmmm chips...

King Jedi
yes, chips called Lucas. smile

yerssot
hmmmmm chips

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.