Padme has to die in Ep3!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Jedi
The update at the official site hints that Padme hid on Alderaan after Anakin turned. If this does happen then I think it would ruin the whole PT story for me. She has to die in Ep3.

Lucas says Ep3 is a tragedy. That means we're meant to feel sad. What happens in Ep3 that's going to be tragic for us? Nothing.

Anakin turning - Anakin is going to be very cocky and arogant and so we might not like him anyway. When he fights Obi-Wan most people will be cheering for Obi-Wan to beat him so when he does it won't be that sad. Plus we know that Anakin is eventually saved in ROTJ.

The Jedi - We'll see a lot of Jedi die but will we really care? Yoda doesn't die and Obi-Wan doesn't die so is seeing a bunch of Jedi, who we don't know, die going to be sad? I don't think so. We'll probably be loving it when Mace and whoever else bite the dust.

Obi-Wan and Yoda - These two are probably going to be seen going into hiding and it might be a bit sad but we know they come back. It's not like we never see them again!

So when Anakin turns is it really going to be that bad? Not if Padme just goes into hiding. But if she dies then THAT would be tragic because we know she isn't coming back. Luke and Leia can't save her because she's dead.
Anakin turns and as a result Padme dies. That's sad.

Ep3 is meant to be a tragedy and a sad film. What's sadder than seeing one of the main characters die? We haven't seen a main character die in Star Wars because when they do we know that one way or another they come back. Apart from Owen and Beru and the way things are going that could end up being the saddest moment in the whole saga.roll eyes (sarcastic) That would be tragic.

LaurenE147
EXACTLY!!! Padme has to die in EP3. Lucas would be making a huge mistake to do otherwise, as I've said before.

Ushgarak
I disagree. I think the film is an extrmee tragedy as the Republic collapses, Anakin succumbs to his dark feelings (and you really are meant to be sympathetic)., the old friendship between the two Jedi is broken, and the terrible slaughter caused by the mistakes of the main players in the film.

And Padme fleeing, broken, disenchanted, and doomed with her daughter to a life with no future.

Seems tragic enough to me!

mah
I think it will be sad anyways, as ush says maybe even more if we see padme end up like a wreck.

yerssot
doesn't need to die, would be nice though

Gundark
I think Padme will be dead inside of a broken heart long before she physically dies, whether by accident or intent.

queeq
What Gundy said. I do not agree on Padme dying in Ep3. No need for it at all. Not everythings needs to be explained, it's pretty clear as it is.

peluffo
I think she not die in ep3. Just guessing because Leia REMEMBER her mother.

Just the numbers don't fit, i think (or I get bad info)
32 years before ANH, where Luke has 20, get just 12 years BEFORE luke-leia BORN. 10 years after EP1 we get ep2, and 2 years after that ep 3 (LUKE-LEIA is born, and she couldn't remember as month-baby... she needs to have 3 years at least to remember anithing (force-strong or not) what will be 2 or 3 years after EP3.

HAVE SOMEBODY UNDERSTAND WHAT I MEANT??????? (I barely do)

So, I guess she not die in the big screen.

Ushgarak
Yeah, that's pretty much what many of us think; the numbers don;t add up to see her die.

LaurenE147
Excuse me, but have any of you seen Episode 3? Even if yuor numbers are right we don't know how long its going to last! The numbers could very well add up. And we don't know how far back force-sensitives can remember.

yerssot
I thought that it was all fixed

Julie
I don't believe that it's necessary to have Padme die onscreen. It would definately make Ep III a tragedy, but her death could also be covered adequately in a book spanning the time b/t EpIII and ANH.
If I had to guess right now whether Padme's death will be covered in EpIII ... I would have to say yes. The bio in starwars.com hints that she goes to Alderaan to hide. If she were still alive and safely hidden on Alderaan why would Leia be brought up by Bail Organa? My theory is that she only goes to Alderaan to entrust her daughter to Organa. Then, she leaves, consequently leading the bad guys away from here child. Padme, heartbroken and fearful for her children, flees Alderaan and is killed.
...just a thought. I'll leave all the hard thinking up to Mr. Lucas.

yerssot
well; EU isn't cannon so we can't use that...

Julie
use what?

yerssot
if she dies between EpIII and ANH, and it's written in the EU, we still can't be certain about the question if she died...

Julie
I see....which is why she probably does die in EpIII. but hey you never know. It'llbe sad and tragic if she dies in EpIII, but hey, if her death's properly covered she'll be remembered forever.

yerssot
well, the longer I think about it, the best thing I have for it, is that we know she is on Aldera...

Julie
Good theory, but the ques would remain...Why would Bail Organa be raising Leia if her own mother was safely hidden on Alderaan?

yerssot
perhaps she couldn't garantee the safety of Leia but she couldn't leave because perhaps she owed Bail something?

Julie
What would Padme owe Bail Organa?

yerssot
that's something to find out...

Julie
ohhhh...the suspense 'til EPII might kill me...let alone waiting for Ep III. Padme's fate will be decided later:-)

yerssot
2005 not that long big grin
besides we have the rumors big grin

Julie
ahh yes...rumors the food for the hungry star wars fanatic...but be careful...they could be made to serve the dark side.

yerssot
My name is Legion, for I am many big grin

well, the rumors will do a lot... but it's still in the head of GL I think

Julie
First of all, what's GL....

yerssot
GL= George Lucas (you DO know who he is, right?)

Julie
of course....i don't think any SW fan could not at least have heard his name

yerssot
yeah, he makes some good costumes for Star Wars

Julie
hahaha...i don't know whether to laugh or be offended. Anyway, Mr. Lucas hasn't written EpIII yet...how long do u think it'll take for that story to leak out?

yerssot
it won't leak yet...
everyone is still busy with EpII

Julie
I know....by the way do you like spoilers or detest them?

yerssot
like them... but there aren't rumors about her death ... yet

Ushgarak
Lauren- to answer your point, not only do all sources currently show the gap between OT and PT being the full 20 years, NO Star Wars film has ever spanned a period of years.

Failing an epilogue section, we can be VERY certain that there is absolutely no time to see Padme die in the films.

Still, we'll see.

yerssot
let her visit Alderaan!

King Jedi
That would be such a dissapointment. sad

I think everyone agrees that seeing Padme die in Ep3 would be sad and tragic. So why not do it? Especially if that's what it's meant to be.

The way things are working out, we'll see Anakin fall, the Jedi and the Republic defeated. Is that going to be sad? Not for me. I'll be loving it when Obi-Wan kicks his ass and Palpatine takes over. And it won't be sad because we know Anakin is eventually saved and the Jedi return.

I don't see how Lucas can call ep3 a tragedy when nothing tragic happens in it. EVERY bad thing that's going to happen in Ep3 gets fixed in the OT. There has to be something that happens that can't be brought back otherwise Anakin turning isn't that bad.

And I don't beleive what the Official Site said anyway. It doesn't make sense.

confused

mah
we need not see padme die, cause she ending up all broken down could be even more tragical.

Ushgarak
Yeah. I'm happy with the tragedy as it stands.

Ani/Ami_love
I don't think Padme dies in EP3 either. I mean, I'm thinking that she is supposed to give birth to Luke and Leia near the end of that Episode...and that's it. Could be wrong though...

Anakin turning, massacre of Jedis...pain and suffering...aren't they what you'd call...tragedies?!

Aquarius87
Bingo bingo bada bingo Bango!! rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

yerssot
again about those years: if you look at it, Padma can't die!

LaurenE147
KJ, I believe that arguing is futile. I say that we just drop it and then laugh when we're right.

yerssot
or be assimilated... smile

peluffo
HEY there's a TREKKIE!!!!!! Call the stormtroopers and get him out of there!!!!!!!!

jahjah, just another stupid joke

*ahum*what? well, i just know that he is a trekkie because... er.. im just leavin...

yerssot
nothing wrong with star trek, okok, SW is much better!

Ani/Ami_love
IF you're right.

smile

King Jedi
We WILL be. evil face

No. Because we know Anakin comes back and if we see the Jedi being massacred then it will be Jedi we don't know. I'm going to love watching them die. It won't be sad.

Lucas is taking a big risk because he's counting on us liking Anakin. From what I've seen in the trailers I don't think a lot of people will. I think most people will be on Obi-Wans side.

That's a great idea. rolling on floor laughing

Ushgarak
I still think it will seem tragic enough. And I think I will understand Anakin's plight, too.

In the end, the bad guys win- heralding a two decade period of pain, suffering and misery- because of mistakes, arrogance and treachery amongst the good guys. I think that fulfils the definition of tragedy.

Personally, I'll be unhappy to see the Jedi order be destroyed, actually.

King Jedi
Won't you be just a little excited? smile

I still think Lucas plans on killing her. And he should.

Ushgarak
Well, maybe a little bit...

If he does, how do you think it will be done? Considering the logical problems involved.

King Jedi
Well I think we can forget the idea of Anakin killing her. I think if she does die then it will be natural death.

LaurenE147
I think that either she could die of a broken heart (very tragic) or some Empire/good guy skirmish could get her. Anakin killing her is extremely improbable. I really can't see it happening.

Ushgarak
The time issue is the major problem, really.

yerssot
no not again!

and btw: if we see the jedi gets killed off in EpII that's already tragic, so what about EpIII?

(Tragic in the meaning: good guys are loosing, oh no!)

Julie
hmmm there is that darn time factor....
As to "Padme must die in Ep III," if she's to perish, she'll perish.

(What if the Emperor kills her with lightning as Anakin watches?)

Ani/Ami_love
As I read something on another thread...Leia in ROTJ said of her real mother "she died when I was very young" but she remembers certain feelings about her mother being "beautiful and kind, but sad." Which means Padme must've died when Leia was about at least 4 years old, otherwise Leia wouldn't be able to remember anything before that age.

...and as far as I read in certain articles around the net, EPIII is said to end with the birth of Luke and Leia...

Kilburn
She will have to die... However, she will go out in a blaze of glory for her people, solidifying the kick-ass female hero...just like Lea was! History always repeats itself when it comes to the target audiences for money-hungry producers.

Kilburn

wink wink wink wink

Ushgarak
Look, there can be no question of her dying in-film unless you can provise a solution to the logical problems with that.

I think it's abuit mean to think it can't be a tragedy unless a major character dies!

queeq
How about a title on screen:Four years later. Then Padme dies, gives her japor snippet to Leia and we iris out.... *BWEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRK*

yerssot
Leia has a jappor snippet?

King Jedi
That's not what we're saying. Everyone pretty much knows what's going to happen in Ep3. And from what we do know, I can't see how it's tragic. And Lucas keeps saying Ep3 is "very very dark".
For me it would only be very very dark if Padme died. What's more dramatic -

Padme gives birth then leaves for Alderaan where she is going to hide.
OR
Padme gives birth and then dies a tragic death.

Plus in AOTC one of the main parts of the plot is Anakin protecting Padme and keeping her alive.
How ironic would that be if he does that but then in Ep3 he turns to the Dark Side which leads to her death?

About the timing thing - I don't beleive what TFN said about Leia and Luke being born at the end. Do you really think Lucas will have the main female character pregnant thoughout the whole film?
If Padme is pregnant at the start of EP3 then she can't really do anything. You won't see her running around a ship fighting bad guys. I think by the start of Episode3 the twins will already be born.

mah
you keep saying that you won't feel sorry for anakin. I think most people will. we like anakin at the start of AOTC then after a while we see that he becomes strange. I will think that's sad, and it will be more and more sad and then ends tragically with him joining the dark side.
allthough he starts being not very nice and being arrogant in AOTC it will be sad to see the young and playful anakin turning worse as the two films go on, and we'll feel sorry for him and his friends.

Ushgarak
KJ, the timing thing is nothing to do with anything TFN posted. The timing thing is that Leia remembers her mother, which almost certainly puts her death after Ep. III.

Meanwhile, I think it is at least as dramatic as her dying if she is seen to flee to Alderan a broken and shattered woman. I WILL feel sorry for Anakin, I am very sure of it. The broken friendship between Obi-Wan and Anakin and the broken love between Anakin and Amidala will be VERY tragic indeed.

As far as I am conerned, she does NOT have to die for the tragic part of the story to work.

queeq
I agree. Someone left behind heartbroken is more tragic than someone who dies. Who would mourn her then that we could feel sympathy for?

Besides, the kids cannot be born by the beginning of EPIII. We still need to see how Anakin finally falls for the dark side. If the twins are born, Anakin MUST somehow know about it. I'm sure they're still together in EpIII if they marry at the end of AOTC. So if the twins are born by the time EPIII starts, Anakin knows. And from the OT we know he doesn't know he has children.
"The Emperor knew, as I did, that if Anakin were to have any offspring, they would be a threat to him."

Julie
Leia doesn't necessarily have to be 4; she could be younger maybe even 1-2 yrs old....remember the force runs strong in the skywalker family.

yerssot
and she's perhaps not like us, I mean she's someone from Naboo not earth, perhaps she remembers earlier?

Ushgarak
Those presented as human should be treated as such unless it is said otherwise.

But in any case, even one or two years pretty much rules it out.

LaurenE147
1. Never except anything as the truth less it has come directly out of Lucasfilm's or George Lucas's mouth.
2. Even when Lucasfilm does issue a statement, nothing is solidified until the movie is in the theaters.
3. Leia is force-sensitive and could possibly be able to remember farther back than normal humans. I can actually remember some images from when I was a baby, so who knows how far she can remember.

It is entirely possible for Padme to die in the movies. If she didn't there would be a humungous loose end regarding her end.

Ushgarak
Look, I know canon rules perfectly well, thankyou very much!

It is still HIGHLY likely that Padme dies after ep. iii. Almost certain, in fact. It's stretching it a bit for Leia to remember imagaes of her mother mere weeks- at most- old.

jedi212guy
Well, maybe GL will not tie up any loose ends at all. Then we will all say, "What the hell was that?" Then we can all throw our SW movies away ans say, "Ahhh, screw it!" roll eyes (sarcastic)

ToMacco
laughing out loud laughing out loud Funny, funny.

I ,for one, beleive that Lucas will show the demise of Padme, and the fall of the Jedi. Why else would he have made the prequel movies (other than to make money, of course).

Lucas said the the prequel trillogy would be very dark. He couldn't possibly keep his fans if he had an ambiguas ending in Episode III.

He wouldn't keep us second guessing like that. And if he does, he WILL make VII- IX.

The Jedi will die. Padme will die. And we're gonna see it. If we don't, prepare for three more films.

Ushgarak
Well, To, the basic set-up is still that we don;t see her die and there will NOT be three more films. And the 'ending' won't be ambiguous with the closing half of the trilogy filling the gaps.

mah
wow To, I disagree with everything you say in your last post.
roll eyes (sarcastic)

1: the prequel can be tragic without padmes death

2: logical thinking says that padme can't die in the prequels

3: George Lucas won't make 3 more episodes.

Julie
Whose to say we need to follow logic in "A galaxy far far away"????

Ushgarak
Suspension of disbelief only goes so far. There are certain things we can safely assume.

Julie
I see.

The time factor is a big prob., but you have to admit that Padme's death would be quite a way to end a movie.

Ushgarak
Oh, I have no objection to it whatsoever. I am sure it could be exceedinly poignant, and in many ways I would like to see it. I do not in any way think it is a bad idea.

Just:

1. I think it CAN be made just as poignant without her dying;
2. There are logical problems with her dying.

Julie
It might be nice also if she doesn't die because then their could be more books about her. If her death was covered EU, that blasted time factor would dissappear.

Ushgarak
True. Butr then they might have to put some drama in what is supposed to be an undramatic death.

I mean, if the logical circumstances change at any point between now and 2005 I will happily accept 'Padme dies' theories.

Julie
Why do u say her death's supposed to be "undramatic?"

Ushgarak
Well, if we don;t see her death in the films, we have to assume that she dies pretty quietly, unloved, broken, a shadow of her former self.

Wrapping a story around that seems a bit gratuitous.

Julie
The Solo children are not born during a movie, but they are important to the EU. Padme's character could be explored in depth through a book.

LaurenE147
Lucas made the prequels to tie up loose ends. Why would he leave such a big thing like Padme's death out in the open? It defeats the entire purpose of the prequels.

ToMacco
That's what I said!

yerssot
because it's impossible if you look at the years

Ushgarak
He didn;t make the prequel to tie up loose ends. He made it to tell the early part of the story. He doesn;t have to explain EVERYTHING.

Julie, I was saying that the presumed death of Amidala alone and unloved would be incompatible with a novel. So it's completely unlike books about Solo's kids.

queeq
Please DON'T explain everything...

Julie
AHH Aha...fact. Some things are best left unexplained.
Loose ends leave room for lots of fun imagination.

LaurenE147
That's my argument for the no sequel. But there's a reason they call it a prequel. Meant to explain beginnings. Tomacco is right. Just leaving Padme's end out ther would just be useless.

Julie
Are you saying you want her to die onscreen?

Ushgarak
It wouldn't be useless at all. It ius entirely unneccessary for Padme to die in order for the OT to work. All we have to see is Anakin's devlopment, Luke and Leia's birth, and the fall of the Republic. There will be tragedy enough!

Julie
There's usually room for a bit more tragedy.

LaurenE147
I'm not talking about tragedy, I'm talking about making the movie make sense.

yoda900
Padme is not going to die in Episode 3, here are the reasons I believe this: George Lucas said that the prequels are going to be how everyone got to where they are today, and of course at the end of episode 3, luke and Leiha will be born.
Also, She said she remembers her mother, she died when she was very young. Since Darth Vader did not know he had the twins until later, that could not have possibl been it. Instead, I believe it has to do more with Shmi Skywalker. "Will I ever see you again?" What does your heart tell you? Yes, I guess, then we will see each other again.

"I sense much fear in you, afraid to lose your mothher I think" What's that got to do with anything "EVERYTHING" Do not train him.

Does anyone else agree, disagree, why or why not.

ToMacco
You're kind of all over the place there, man.

I think Padme is going to die onscreen.

queeq
No she isn't. Yoda900 is right about Lucas saying that EpIII would end with the birth of Luke and Leia. IF Padme dies right after, then Luke should have memories of his mother as well, just like Leia. And since he hasn't, it's unlikely. I doubt Lucas will do a "Five years later" thing. Very unSW, every movie takes place with a limited time period. A consecutive time period. No time lapses.

Julie
Ah hard to see into GL's mind it is....my votes still with an onscreen death for the former queen. I realize there are time factors and story factors and all sorts of others reasons why "it can't happen." but you never know...

LaurenE147
A legitimate question, not sarcasm: Has Lucas actually said that Episode 3 will withouth a doubt end with the birth of the twins?

And wouldn't telling how everyone got to where they are include explaining how someone died?

bigsef2
there is no thematic reason why padme has to die in the PT. we already know she dies in ANH when Vader allows tarkin to destroy alderaan. theres no reason to kill her off earlier. (she most likely gives leia over to bail to protect her when she is very young and after that lives in seclusion on alderaan) which brings out an important point that alot of people seem to be missing.

the whole star wars saga is essentially about anakin skywalker aka darth vader. lucas has said over and over again that after viewing the prequel trilogy, we will watch the original trilogy in a new light. there are numerous shots of vader thoughout the OT where we now see him as a menacing evil. after watching the PT, we will see that hes not so thoroughly evil after all. when alderaan is destroyed, we will know vader is thinking that padme is there, and she will be killed, but he doesnt do anything to stop tarkin. he stands there and tacitly supports. that adds a whole new dimension to the films.

to have padme die before that time would also sacrifice a great opportunity to provide continuity between the trilogys, and to bridge the gap b/w episodes III and IV. every other film has overlap, except those two. having padme remain ALIVE at the end of III, and die near the beginning of IV is part of that opportunity.

padme will NOT die in the Prequel trilogy. but she and anakin will become bitter enemies. he will spare her life. in episode iv, he will not save her, showing the progression of his evil from III to IV in the 20 years that separate them.

Julie
an interesting theory. Where did you get the part where she definately died on Alderaan????

bigsef2
logic mostly. shes not mentioned at all in the OT really. so evidently she dies sometime. its fairly certain she remains on alderaan after EPIII. if she doesnt die in alderaan it IS a lose thread, albiet a minor one. lucas doesnt like loose threads. star wars is an epic after all

King Jedi
Timing Problems - Leia said that she just remembers "feelings mostly". That's hardly remembering Padme. She says that she was beautifull but sad. When she said "She died when I was very young", that's probably because she was told that by her adoptive parents. It doesn't mean that she remembers her dying.

So Leia could have been younger than four. Jedi are discovered and taken away when they are babies. Force Sensitive kids ARE different from normal ones. It's not hard to beleive that Leia could remember "feelings".

Padme On Alderaan - This makes absolutley NO sense. We know that Bail Organa and Alderaan are involved in the Clone Wars. We know from the official site that Organa has meetings with Palpatine in AOTC.
This means that Palpatine knows all about Bail Organa and Alderaan. Why then would Obi-Wan hide Padme on Aldearaan?

In AOTC Padme is being hunted. The bad guys want her dead. When Anakin turns don't you think the Emperor would try and find her and kill her as well?

Hiding a baby on Alderaan is one thing but hiding Padme makes no sense. It's not as if Palpatine doesn't know her.

Obi-Wan hides on a small desert planet. Yoda hides on a small jungle planet. Why would they hide Padme on one of the most well known planets in the Galaxy? Even if by the end of Ep3 she is dying it still doesn't make much sense.

If at the end of EP3 Padme is dying then surely she would go somewhere with her family that we are going to meet in AOTC.

bigsef2
luke is trained as a jedi, and stronger in the force than leia. but luke doesnt remember his mother. leia does. so, we know that leia must spend signifigantly more time with padme than luke. i'm not saying 4 years, but just signifigantly more.

why would leia stay with padme longer? luke probably has a higher midiclorian count. leia does not have the ability to face her father in the future and prove victorious. so padme allows obiwan to take luke with him to tatooine. there's no real reason at that time to separate leia from padme. as vader gains power and commits worse and worse attrocities, padme probably hands over leia to bail organa. he still has a great deal of power in the senate and she hopes one day her daughter can form a rebellion. this would not surprise me. lucas takes alot of star wars from the worlds religions and mythology. this is the same sort of thing moses' mother did, sending him away to the daugher of pharoah.

as to why padme would stay on alderaan, why not? naboo is likely destroyed or laid to waste in EP III. its highly likely the emperor DOES kill padme. or atleast thinks he does. one of her handmaidens probably dies for her. anakin will know shes still alive, but anakin knows alot of things the emperor doesnt.

thats a theme in the movies also. padme knows she has a son and a daughter, but hides the daughter from anakin. anakin knows he has a son, but hides that fact from the emperor. thats why leia is safe on alderaan, and luke is safe on tatooine. i mean, tatooine would be the most obvious place to hide luke, but the emperor doesnt know about anakins children, so he doesnt look. he also doesnt know padmes alive, which is why shes safe on alderaan.

Julie
Does Padme even know about midichlorians?...Ah so many secrets...I don't think I'm gonna jump up and volunteer to be one of Padme's handmaidens:-)

I still don't think that Padme would stick around on Alderaan. If she's still being hunted why would she stay close to one of her most treasured posessions?

bigsef2
think about it this way. you and i live on one planet, but more likely than not, were close. i know your first name, but i could never ever ever find you on this planet. just because theres 100000s of planets in the star wars universe, doesnt mean if you THINK someone might be on a certain planet, under a different name, that you would have a good chance of finding them. planets are BIG.

King Jedi
That's what I was thinking as well. She obviously gives the kids away to protect them. Why then would she live close to one of them knowing that she'd wanted dead?

bigsef2
if you lived in africa, would i be close to you? no.

queeq
But we're talking SW dimensions here.
THere is no evidence whatsoever, not even a rumour where Padme spends her last days. I too wonder if that'd be on Alderaan. It's fairly simple, the twins are a menace for Palpy so they hide them. They are separated and both go to the nearest people close to them that they can trust: Luke goes to Owen Lars, who has a problem with Anakin no doubt, under sort of a supervision by OB1 and Leia goes to Bail Organa, probably a close colleague and one of the founders of the rebellion. So, nicely split up. Leia gets reared as a daughter (hence the Princess) and Luke as a foster-nephew. The cover-ups are complete.
But, where does Padme die? Who knows... I agree though that Leia stays with Padme significantly longer. As to the reason, I have no idea.

Julie
Good point, but if I was Padme I'd be worried about drawing any kinda fire any where near a planet my own daughter was on.

Ushgarak
Bigsefs' point about Luke not being able to remember his mothjer is a perceptive one; logically, this MUST mean that Leia spends significantly longer with Padme, who by extension almost certainly goes to- and dies on- Alderan.

Er, or maybe not. Clearly things are still all over the place on this one.

However, I feel I must point oput that Lucasfilm have pretty much shot down the idea that Naboo will be in any way destroyed.

Julie
That's good to hear.

bigsef2
I havent heard anything from Lucasfilm sprcifically discrediting that rumor. There really isnt any reason its relevant to the OT. My thoughts on something bad happen to it come from the novelization of TPM where anakin sees himself and padme in some great struggle, with LOTS of troops on boths sides. if he did lay waste to it, it would bring a great sense of deja vu in ANH when he does nothing and lets tarkin destroy his daughters home. it would provide some continuity b/w Episodes III and IV. but thats it, really. if Lucasfilm denies it, im inclined to agree.

Ushgarak
The Jedi Council at SW.com has a question about Naboo's fate, ythe asnwer to which says that Naboo was simply not important by the time of the OT. So it was clearly not destroyed or trashed in any way.

Dim
More simply a society in decline then?....it's kind of too bad that we don't ever learn if Leia knows anything of Naboo.

yerssot
is this correct? I remember the ghost-discussion, but we couldn't use things they said from the website, so why now?

King Jedi
Maybe they've added Naboo to the end ROTJ celebration?

Ushgarak
Yerss, it is simply not credible for the JC to answer that question so directly and be wrong.

queeq
I love the theory that Naboo gets sort of destroyed and that it becomes Dagobah, however unlikely.

I wonder if Naboo is important at all in TPM. It's sort of in the centre of the story, but so is Tatooine and that's considered as backwater as well.

jedi212guy
I think that Naboo is much more important than Tatooine in TPM. We spend over an hour there, and that's where the bulk of the action takes place. TPM is a much better movie, I've been told, if you just fast-forward through the Tatooine stuff. smile

bigsef2
yeah. i love the dvd for that reason. whenever the podrace scene comes on, i just press skip. :-)

the movie would have been 100 times better if they took the 15-20 minutes the whole ordeal takes up, and added 15-20 minutes of plot and character development. more time b/w qui-gon and obi-wan developing the master/apprentice relationship. and more time b/w anakin and padme. they also could have saved a few million dollars. the podrace scene was EXPENSIVE

yerssot
but it was well put togather...

queeq
There were more flaws in TPM, but we digress. Must Padme die or are we done with that topic?

yerssot
"Wipe them out ... all of them"

nah; let her ...

queeq
Closing then.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.