Temeura Morrison in Ep III

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LanceWindu
The Official site recently revealed the character that the native Maori New Zealander is playing in Star Wars Episode 3.

The name...Commander Cody

Is he going to be a Clonetrooper that has been given a name? Or do you think he may be a Commander for another faction?

Rebel Racer
interesting news, thanks

yerssot
perhaps he's the clone that OB1 is befriended with, the one that may call him Ben?

LanceWindu
Quite possibly.

yerssot
nah, it was my suggestion

mephistodesigns
maybe they'll put in an ARC. My only reasoning for this is that II established that the clones don't look exactly like Jango (shown in the dining area on Kamino, they look related but certainly not the same actor, and it would have been cheaper to just show Morrison). They have occasionally slipped things into EU that end up in Movies. If they're revealing Greivous in the cartoon, maybe the ARC theory has some weight too. I just really like ARC's though. And this is a good argument for a possible happening in 3 so don't give me no EU crap cuz this is a viable possiblity until we hear otherwise.

Ushgarak
They didn't look like him then because they were younger, I thought.

LanceWindu
Yeah, those clones were supposed to be about 20.

yerssot
thought they dropped the entire ARC idea as said somewhere in an interview or something? messed

mephistodesigns
never heard that. and they picked a different actor for a reason. that guy looked more like Typho than Jango. they said they were altered from jango, messing with genes would have an effect on apperance. but i'm really not interested in debating the whole arc thing. it probably won't happen anyway. I just thought it would be cool. but again, they don't really have time to get into any new characters, aside from Grevous I mean.

yerssot
they never messed with the genes!
as Lama Su clearly says:
"Pure genetic replica"
the only thing that is different from the original host is that the clonetroopers got grow-acceleration

VengeanceGOD
And they lost all sense of individuality, so that they would follow orders. Did you listen to Lama Su? smile

Could someone tell me what the ARC thing is? I've heard about ARC troopers in my Stormtrooper costuming group, but that's about it.

LanceWindu
The ARC troopers were personally trained by Jango himself.

So they are more street smart than the other clones.

yerssot
Advanced Reconnaisance Clones, I think, the elite, best of the best, and up till now only EU I see

LanceWindu
It would be a nice touch to see one or two in the background on Kashyyyk or something.

mephistodesigns
There were originally shown in the comics as being six with just the blue armor. They are direct clones of Jango, no alterations. 5 of the 6 died in the battle of Kamino. The sixth was named Alpha by Anakin. The Cartoon showed that there are now more, as well as a red commanding officer. It would be nice to see them thrown in some where. They are really neat looking. I'm would like to know whether or not they are ILM art dept. creations or not. They aren't in the 'Art of' as far as I can tell. The first I ever saw was in the comic. And yerrsot: they said that "You'll find they are totally obediant, taking any order with out question. We modified their genetic structure to make them less independent than the original host.". He adds that in payment, Jango requested a clone with no "genetic alteration at the structural level".

AND this is very interesting, a line altered from the final version: when asked who was the host, Lama Su says:"A bounty hunter called Jango Fett. We felt a Jedi would be the perfect choice, but Sifo-Dyas hand picked Jango Fett himself". Guess that ends that debate. Sifo is Dooku's alias, taken from a dead jedi. guess it really was that simple.

VengeanceGOD
Ahhh....but that line is cut. So it's no longer Canon.

I WIN! smile

yerssot
as said in the EpII discussion, it's in the novel,
so actually ... it's a tie

meph got a point cause it's in the EpII novel (a canon source)
VG got a point cause we have to wait till EpIII to know if it's true or not

Shadowkiller
It would be way cool to see an ARC Trooper in Episode 3. I dont think it will happen though .

For some reason when I herd of the Comander Cody charater a guy that looked like an Imperial Officer came to mind.
But this morning on the force. net they had a picyure of a Camando Cody from the old serials who might be the insperation for Comander Cody. This character had a helmet and a jet pack much like Jango.

yerssot
it's not because someone with the same name means this one will look the same

Shadowkiller
Your right but I say it "might" be insperation for comander cody . Of course they dont have to look the same name.

yerssot
of course, it's just that TFN always makes a big story out of something really stupid

Shadowkiller
Probobly due to the lack of actaully having somthing to report

yerssot
yeah, I think they have to get a quota of 10 EpIII stories a week or something

mephistodesigns
it'll probably be pretty dry for a month or so now, at least till pick ups start.

LanceWindu
Or until Harry Knowles from aintitcoolnews.com gets another person to show him early versions of the film.

At first I didn't believe that he had seen AOTC much earlier than everyone else, but when he mentioned the Death Star being in, and I saw the film and there it was...I believed him.

Shadowkiller
What a lucky b@st*rd!!!!
I wish I could see Star wars movies before they came out to the general public. I have to settle for the midnight showings.

LanceWindu
I always have to wait til after a couple weeks after they are out...sad

NOT FOR EPISODE III!!!

I promise myself I will be at the first screening!

Shadowkiller
Dude there is nothing like being at a midnight showing its cool. People bring Light sabers, dress up like characters it's a cool atmosphere.

yerssot
hope the best lance wink

finti
The the cut line and novel thing about how Jango was picked cannot count cause it is an info that people who only watch the movie would miss. And it would be way to an important info to miss out on just because you dont read the novelization of AOTC.

yerssot
well, it would be canon if it doesn't contradict anything in EpIII, so the only way to know for sure is to wait

mephistodesigns
he probably just decided not to make it that obvious so soon, to have a little bit to wonder about between 2 and 3. just like Padme's family didn't make the final cut for 2 but they're supposed to make it into 3. It's obvious from that info who Lucas has decided ordered the clones. He's just changing when he tells everyone. Its in the shooting script as well as the novel so it might have been a last minute decision.

super shadow GL
what the hell why would jango be back as someone else thats ****ed up

yerssot
if you would have bothered reading this thread you would have known that he will play a character named "Commandor Cody"

LanceWindu
And Commander Cody will be a Clone Trooper that has gotten a name. I am guessing that Commander Cody will be the best friend to Obi Wan Kenobi.

yerssot
just like I thought and posted here lance stick out tongue

LanceWindu
You did?

* Goes back to look *

Hmm...

yerssot
yup, my memory hasn't been erased since wink

LanceWindu
It will be after seeing Ep3...cause the droids get their memories wiped...and you ARE a program after all.

super shadow GL
commander cody hmmmm pretty cool but come to my next thread youll see what im talking about

yerssot
ah, lance, but I'm not one of them wink

super shadow GL
did someone check out my thread

yerssot
no need to advertise your thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.