*SPOILERS*ROTK,a very disappointing end to what could have been the best trilogy ever

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JohnMatrix

glaurung
PS

You're not only wrong about Sam and Gollum, but wrong about almost everything up there.

Well DONE!

JohnMatrix
On the Sam and Gollum thing I was wrong, but I knew it was not the way that it was shown in the movie.

Frodo appears and Gollum dances away holding his severed finger in his hand showing off the ring. Gollum wails with joy but jumps astray and slips into the gulf of the mountain plunging into the depths below. Fires explode from within and the mountain begins to rumble. Sam finds Frodo and tries to sop the blood from his maimed hand. Frodo tells him that they must forgive Gollum because he was the only one who could complete the quest.

So I guess Pete and I both have something in common, we both were wrong.

Also, please explain to me how else I was wrong?

rolos
As someone who loves the books, and calls herself a Tolkien nerd, im surprised that your this upset with the movie. ALL movies are changed from books to accomodate the big screen as well as audiences. I have my problems with ROTK, as well as FOTR and TTT, but I still love it.

I do disagree with your statement about the movie being about Theoden mostly. I thought we really did see the struggle of Aragorn having to face who he was and come to the throne. Sure Theoden was a big deal, but I dont think it took anything away from Aragorn's storyline.

The Omega

Clockwork

JohnMatrix
Yes, I am

That you can make your three main characters for the first two movies(a choice Jackson made) not the man factor in the third.

and yes the book is very broad and i know that, but unfortunately for movies it to broad and cuts need to be made.

All i said was there would be a huge pay off if we new that and that little surprise could of be a great point of conflict for Sam and Frodo.

I disagree, watch Shaw shank i think it was done much better. I know for a fact if that shoot went on for 5 more seconds thier kissing. wink

Again I have read the books, but just cause they sing in the books doesnt mean it has to be in the movie. And if it was soooooo important for them to sing, what about all the songs the missed in the first 2?

Than it should of been shown in 1 or 2.

Again i am a fan of the books, but movie wise he made a bad choice. There is a difference.

Your wrong he did cause he want to get a cheap thrill out of making ppl think it was over witch just takes you out of the story and say WTF?

JohnMatrix
IMO, all he would have to do is show Sam take the ring so we know he has it and that he uses it to get past the three guys instead of the sword fight.

total 20 seconds and it would really show that thier friendship was on the ropes.

Btw, Clockwork great counter post.

The Omega

Cowboyography
JOHNMATRIX is about the coolest character outthere other than that though your crazy!!!!

Verity
I don't understand how someone cannot like the movie....I've read the books several times, and I can't complain about how PJ did it! I don't think anyone else could've done a better job! roll eyes (sarcastic)

enya
although its sad but pj couldnt of fit everything you wanted in it, theres just too much, although i would of loved to watch more people that are less fans of the story would not of.

at least pj gives credit to the author as some directors that make films from books dont and he iz a fan himself not someone just outr to make money

Member.
Gondor and Rohan used to be really good friends and allies. Over the years, they forgot that and lost contact with each other. The Rohirrim are known for the 2 great charges, one 1000yrs b4 and one at Pelannor Fields. Rohan and Gondor renewed their friendship at the end, it wasn't about Aragorn becoming king, the title is so stupid. Tolkien hated the title too, it told what happend in the book. and would u really want to see aragorn struggle to become king the whole movie? i didn't think so. it's a movie, peeps don't go to see some stupid person struggle, they want action and fun. PJ is the best director ever, shut up.

Aurora
I just wanted to say that your opinion, JohnMatrix, made me sick to my stomach. And although I know many ppl have all made good points contridicting u, I didn't read them all. I didn't want them to sway what I have to say.

First of all: If any fool has read the LOTR (the entire book, yes it is one book) u will know that Tolkien loved putting poems and songs into the books. In fact one of my favorite parts of the book is when the hobbits first get to Rivendell and Bilbo and Aragorn go and write a song. Aragorn sings MANY times!!!! And why do u have a problem with it now when he sang in FOTR also, why should this movie be any differant?

Second: As for the movie focusing too much on everyone other than our "heros", I say have u never heard anything Tolkien has said about the book? He never, I repeat never, wanted the book to be called Return of the King. The book is not about just Aragorn! He is not the all important character! And I think contrary to ur opinion Aragorn shines in the movie. He is the king and u see his struggle with it. The Paths of the Dead was one of my favorite scenes!

Third: Sam and Frodo do love one another. Notin any way, shape, or form in a wrong way. They are soulmates as someone said earlier. They understand each other in a way that u can apparently not comprihend. They are the true love story of the book, and that love is the love of a true friend. And if u are so immature as to make fun of it then I feel sorry for u.

U amaze me with ur opinion that the movie needs to be cut down, but what u think is important needs to be added. Who made u peter jackson. Since u apparantly loved the first two movies, I am amazed that u lost all faith in him and are critizing almost every aspect of his masterpeice. You need to grow up, stop throwing ur temper tantrum and look around. There are bigger fans out there who know more about the books and movies than u, don't goade them into a fight. They are mean, trust me. wink

Member.
wasn't that big in the movie.

Aurora
I enjoied the look on Aragorns face when he said the line wasn't broken. It was the first time in the movie when u knew he was taking up the crown. smile

Member.
lol, well finally.

Aurora
big grin

Member.
lol.

The_Inevitable
John Matrix you are definitely a very pathetic imbecile and you should have your eyes gouged out, your nose smashed, eyelids sewed shut, fingers cut off, kidneys stabbed, ears cut off, elbows and knee caps hit with a sledge hammer, Head set on fire, and your soul taken away by me personally.

Burn in Hell you hopeless maggot.

evil face

DARKVIRUS
I just want to put my quick two cents in and say that omega's post are excellent. smile

Member.
lol, haha, good sense of humor that one.

Ushgarak

Member.
which will come in the SEDVD

JohnMatrix
Should I even try to answer this? I guess i will. Im sorry, I honestly didnt remember that does not make me any less of fan than you. I dont go to sleep with book under my pillow, that doesnt make me and less of a fan than you. I said dont take my opinion personal, but apparently you have.

Your right, I said they are the main characters of the first two, thats why i was upset they were not in the third more

Like I said before I thought that it would of be better to know that SAM had the Ring. Its Surprise vs Suspense. I like suspense.

It was a joke. I was trying to make a point. Im sorry if i offended your family.

You seem to also be a fan of the matrix. What if Neo started singing in the third movie? How out of place is that? Who cares if they sing in the books, if they dont sing in the first two movies dont have Strider sing in this one.

What are you talking about the ending was different than the books.

I know this because its my opinion. PJ as you all like to call him, the MJ of film I guess, true talent will be shown on "KING KONG", if that works out for him than he wont just be a B-Movie director that got handed a gift of Tolkien.

And remember "PJ" was the same guy that said "Cabin Fever" was the greatest horror film of all time.

Member.
ur entitled to ur opinions.

enya
isnt the ring the main character, and yes to me the ring is a character, its evil and corruptive

Member.
yea, the ring is the source of all this.

Discos
Also John Matrix when you commented on the whole beginning of Smeagol/Gollum at the start of the movie - I got taught this at school that you cannot just dive straight into the main plot, you have to give people time to sit down and get into the movie before you do that.

Also the fact that in the TT it was Aragon,Legolas & Gimli in the battle of helms deep and also the battle with the Urik-Hai (in the FOTR) - Gandalf did not take-part in anyof these fights, so it was his turn to lead the men of Gondor against the army of 200,000 so in my view it was Gandalfs time to shine at a battle

ElvenQueen
I see everyone is attacking you and I dont wanna yell at you for having an opinion

But the changes in ROTK werent that major...You said you like TTT...That one is changed so much more from the book than return of the king is...

So why do you like TTT and not RotK?

Member.
John, u are entitled to ur opinions and that's cool.

JohnMatrix
First off, the name is JohnMatrix. Second, post when your off the pipe. wink

ElvenQueen
wow...lotr fans can get very nasty when you say something about their movie.

EVERYONES ENTITLED TO THEIR OPINION!

JohnMatrix
Than for me spend that time on the rap up of helms and Sarmon(sp?)

That is a very good point.

enya
i dont agree with you johnmatrix but you are entilled to ur opinion and at least you still stick up for yourself when alot of people are disagreein with you- and nice come back

JohnMatrix
PPl think I dont like the changes in the Movie from the book its not that it, there werent that many big changes. For me it was more about cutting this monster down.

Do what they did on all the other ones. go 2.30hours and save the rest for the EX DVD.

I think if they did that I would of really liked it.

Bennett
I think some people here need to calm down. Good lord, it amazes me how some people have such a blind allegiance to these films. Sure, I like them too but you don't have to take it personally when someone points out what they think is a flaw. Hollywood has yet to turn out a perfect film. Just because you like a movie doesn't mean you have to defend it to the death and turn to personal insults when someone doesn't like it as much as you do.

JohnMatrix
Thank you very much. Like I said before this is not to offend anyone. But not ever one loved this movie. And it does not make me any less of a fan for not liking it.

enya
the more LOTRs the better in my opinion I feel sorry people without a DVD player to- no extended version for them

ElvenQueen
I wouldnt of minded if RotK went on for another hour...but im sure the girl sitting behind me would've.

If they made it shorter...It would of seen to cut and choppy. Which some people are already complaining about...

I think they made the right choices and I hope JohnMatrix that you'll atleast like the extended version.

sauron
well there has been no story like LOTR before, because lotr is not just about frodo destroying the ring, aragorn must make sure the ring is destroyed, and the enemy defeated, only then may he become king of gondor and arnor, and ony then mat he marry arwen.

plus johnmatrix, you cannot talk about disapointing endings to trilogys in here if your name has matrix in it, crashed and burned it did

enya
ouch that must of hurt lol-
eek! big grin laughing

sauron
insult lotr and its what you get :P

JohnMatrix
I dont think I would of minded that either, if there was more set up(and a urinal in front of me). All the stuff i said to cut could work if you had more set up for them, but in my eyes i didnt see the set up so i thought they need to cut it.

and I dont even want to talk about the person behind me. the lady actually said i think thats a spider, oh elephants, orks! finally after the spider remark i said no its a giraffe, shut up!

ElvenQueen
Omg in the middle of the movie she was like "Is this almsot over?" and than she snickered when Frodo kissed Sam on the forehead and when the movie ended she said "Thank God" i wanted to punch her. mad

JohnMatrix
Do you know how stupid you look right now?

You don't even know where my name comes from.

It's from "Commando" so why dont you go back to you little drawing board and think of an insult that works.

http://www.johnmatrix.net/images/misc/jm.gif

JohnMatrix
oh btw you agreed with him so you look just as stupid. wink

http://www.johnmatrix.net/images/misc/jm.gif

sauron
lol well done, ok i admit he got me there, big grin anyway, back to the old drawing board

enya
yeah so what he got the name thing wrong but if it was true it would of been funny, and it was a good come back until just then and the film did suck

enya
i always look stupid and do stupid things so nothing new there lol

ElvenQueen
Same here.

enya
wow- someone to join me on the stupid side yay lol

we cant be that stupid it we like LOTRs

Bennett
Sauron, his name is simply a reference that is over your head. And two, did he ever call the Matrix trilogy flawless because I do not recall seeing that post. Few people here seem to respect any critical comments about LOTR so being a fan of the Matrix movies, I shall follow suit- Sauron, you are wrong about the ending to the Matrix trilogy and you are a chump.

Ushgarak
"You seem to also be a fan of the matrix. What if Neo started singing in the third movie? How out of place is that? Who cares if they sing in the books, if they dont sing in the first two movies dont have Strider sing in this one."

That is not a useful observation. They might not have sung in the first two LOTR films but they COULD have done, it would have been in the mood.

Wheres in the Matrix it would not have been even remotely in place.

Smodden
well since everybody is voicing the're oppinion, i will too:

JohnMatrix is a hypocrtit(sp?)and his oppinion makes me want 2 hurl, he is wrong about everything, but i will not badger,

enya
in the extended version for the FOTR bill and dom sing and aragorn sings briefly

Gilraen
Trying to get the disussion out of the gutter again.

This is why i don't come here more often. A good discussion was set up at the beginning of this thread and then it goes way downhill............far to quick for my taste. To bad..........Each his or her own opinion. Just remember that, when you post a reply. Thought you made a good point John Matrix. But it's PJ vision and adaptation of the books. His version on how the story should be told. Not yours or even mine. I'm a huge fan of the books...............read them a 100 times I think and my opinion is that PJ and cast did the books justice.

ElvenQueen
I have never seen The Matrix...although i want too.

But lets stop pointing fingers at each others trilogy... We can like Lotr and they can like Matrix and some people can like both. Who cares? As long as I get to like what i like. Im fine. The rest of the world can hate lotr as long as I can still enjoy it...

So lets just like what we like and hate what we hate and stop fighting about it!

JohnMatrix
Your proving my point. if you didnt do it in the first two "movies", even though it was done in the books, you shouldnt do it in the third movie, just to do it.

Ushgarak
No... that still doesn't track. Just because he did not do everything he could do does not mean he should not ever. He filmed a lot of those things but did not keep them, this time he kept them.

It is not even vaguely proving your point. The filsm are in an atmosphere where characters singing is not out of place. In the Matrix, no such atmosphere exists.

So your analogy is no good.

sauron
i am a chump lol ok that sounds fun

and i can take critisism BUT you say that, and i quote "And two, did he ever call the Matrix trilogy flawless because I do not recall seeing that post. " did i ever say he did, because i dont recall seeing THAT post, all i did was comment on the name of the thread because he says it was a disapointing end to lotr, well i think matrix could also have been one of the best trilogys ever, but revolutons i believe spoilt it. and anyway why the hell have you turned this into an argument

JohnMatrix
Well said, and I agree. I just think it got too big in the third.

enya
it might of been quite funny to c neo start singin, it would of been entertainin no one can argue that (she says not really takin the argument seriously as the people that didnt like wont change there minds and the people that did wont change theres)

Ushgarak
It is still a mis-analogy no matter which way you look at it.

Gilraen
Maybe your expactation was to high ?? Heard that from more peepz, who went to see it. I tried to go with a blanc mind........was kinda hard, but I menaged. And I loved it.............the only sad thing is, that this is the last one......... sad Glad he's thinking about The Hobbit.

sauron
neo in the matrix is the most boring man ever seriously, on reloaded dvd its pointed out on the extra with justin and sean william scott, so it would have ben HILARIOUS to see him sing, he could sing another one bites the dist when hes fighting

enya
stil would of been funny shit, maybe they all could of joined in for a chorus affect he he he visualising it in my head lol

jus to add to the arguement i dont think keanu reeves acted that well compared to sean astin and ellijah BUT i am biased

JohnMatrix
Im trying to think of a better one but i cant.

Ill I can say is if you didnt do it before dont do it in the end.

Ushgarak
That depends on the reasons it was not done before. PJ might have left it out before because it was not dramatically appropriate but thought it was now. So long as it was appropriate to the mood- which it was- it fits.

Of course, you may say that he was wrong to think it was dramatically appropriate and I think this is a position with some sympathy to it.

JohnMatrix
I agree, although i still think they didnt let ellijah sleep for a week than shot him. SeanAustin kick ass though.

Gilraen
Thought this was about ROTK ?? Geez.........you just turn your back and Matrix is taking over........... confused

JohnMatrix
True

enya
another one bites the dust lol laughing it gets better lol

he could DANCE LIKE THIS Happy Dance Happy Dance

JohnMatrix
Btw how fun is it going back and forth on this?

I'm kidda digging it.

smile

Gilraen
Is going to buy some beer. Wonder what topic will be next, when I come back........... big grin

enya
laughing kinda dizzy lol

sauron
lol its liike a chat room the speed of replies, smith could also sing bad by michael jackson while fighting neo, then take of his suit to reveal he is elrond, and we could have a merged film lord of the matrix lol lets put it in fiction neogorn can be lead character

Gilraen
For once.............just once..................STAY ON TOPIC..........don't want to be reading al snippets and bits when I come back.........pretty please.......... big grin

ElvenQueen
Its fun to argue.

enya
keanu reeves iz not in though

i betta get on the phone to new line see if they are interested lol

sorry about goin of topic but it iz fun

sauron you rule

sauron
big grin why thank you, lol right thats it someone make a thread about this and post link here, this story is gonna rule the world

JohnMatrix
See even PJ agrees with me.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/user_sigs/customsig_6037.gif

He doesnt like the way ROTK turned out, see.

http://www.nooneissafe.com/images/misc/peter%20copy.jpg

sauron
wow, when gilrean gets back, were going toget told off lol so lets enjoy ourselves while we can

enya
hahaha!!!!!!!!!! oh no im gettin carried away again

i can just about work out how to type usless with computers thats all i can do

Aurora
Wow I am gone for a mere hour and this goes out of controllllllllll!

I can't belive all the posts!

sauron
WHOA that PJ pic, his hand is unaturally twisted.....scary *sob*

Aurora
I still stand by what I said tho. PJ is a genius, u are apparently iggnorant. And the Movie was Absolutly Wonderful!!!!!!! smile

sauron
aurora we are enjoying oursleves, dont say you dont love it, very rare i get out of hand but i think i am now lol

Bennett
All this bickering is useless. Any self-respecting filmgoer knows that the Die Hard trilogy is the greatest trilogy of our time. And before anyone disagress with me, I fel compelled to let you know that I invented sliced bread AND the internet so therefore I must be right.

Gilraen
You bet your ass !!!!........... laughing

sauron
LAUGH MY BLOODY ARSE OFF

but unfortunately while sliced bread and internet may be great die hard is nothing compared to the lotr trilogy, and the TWO matrix films TWO matrix films lol

enya
never seen them

SLICED BREAD WTF

at least you never said star wars, oh theres more of them now aint there, oh i dont know confused

Aurora
Back to the Future thank u very much.

oh Sauron I enjoy argueing so very much. I hate that i missed it!

sauron
oh gilraen your back, what beer did you get?

Gilraen
And you're sure your ego isn't in the way.........

Gilraen
There's only one brand for me Grolsch........

Aurora
We haven't had a good debate in a while!

sauron
we havent had a debate yes, dont rush into one, slow down, we prefer things done slowly here, <<<< new lotr based grolch advert what do you think gilraen,

enya
i proud to say its my first big debate even though i wasnt really involved in, i just really said pointless things like this agreed or disagreed with people oh well

JohnMatrix
Die Hard is the best action movie of all time, hands down

sauron
sorry but its not, i cant stand die hard what exactly is the plot

Aurora
K this is completely getting off subject. LOL

Bennett
Your insults do not affect me! I am wearing my Elven Cloak that is +2 against sarcasm.

sauron
lol sooo off subject but has anyone seen freaky friday, crap film but the teen in it is hot :P

Aurora
Back on the Subject at hand.

JohnMatrix I have a big problem with your opinion on the singing!!!!! I would like to get good reasoning behind your BSB theory.

Tolkien enjoyed putting songs in the books, if u are such a tolkien fan why are u so against putting them in the movie?

enya
cant be dat could (die hard) because ive neva seen it or been told to see by anyone and ur the first one that has said it iz the best and to back to the future- er no

LOTRs on the other had- RULES more than life itself, there i go again gettin carried away

sauron
what the hell , no offence but is there something wrong with you lol, because i dont think anyone has insulted you bennet

Aurora
I sure didn't!

Aurora
I can be civil, see. I am nice.

enya
can i jus say again in the extended version merry and pippin sing and so did aragorn so people do sin gin number 1 and i think the singing in number 3 fits the story and the mood and i like them

Aurora
I won't attack as we all did on the "is Viggo gay?" topic. But we won't get into that. winkwinkwinkwink

Aurora
Aragorn sings constantly in the books.

Bennett
I don't know where you people get off. For starters, I have solved the riddle of steel and will ride to Valhalla on a chariot of fire! Secondly, I have imbibed the finest ambrosia from the jewel-encrusted goblet of Crom himself!

Aurora
What????????????????

Gilraen
Bennett..sweetie, will you do me a favor..........will you pick up your lose screws....... people start tripping over them.

JohnMatrix
Im not at all, I love the songs. But you cant drop a song at the very last min of the third movie. Its just out of place. if song was so important to PJ than where were they in the first 2 movies, the King's song was soooo out of place.

enya
i have to leave now coz my mums moaning but i would lEAVE sayin LOTRs rules and it iz betta than the matrix or n e other trilogy yes ROTK had its faults but nothin iz perfect and i stil enjoyed

JohnMatrix
OMG someone admitted ROTK has faults. The first step to recovery has been made.

enya
hahaha ur very funny and ive always said nothin iz perfect
but it does get close and do disagree with alot of what ur sayin but you have the right to have ur own opinion
nite nite

Aurora
Weak arguement. Out of place? I don't understand why. Pippin sang to Denethor. Why is that ok?

JohnMatrix
Its not, but it work really well with the battle scene and knowing they were all dead.

And also we have seen the hobbits sing while drinking and stuff.

Aurora
Aragorn sings in FOTR yet u say ROTK is wrong to have him sing.

sauron
well i see rotk tommorow, so yey, and also bennet you have some serious issues, get over it.

Aurora
Have u really read the books, I mean truthfully. Because I just don't think u would have the same opinion if u did.....

JohnMatrix
Yea i have read them, have you? i even have a few collector sets of them and there great. but ROTK isnt.

Aurora
Yes I have. More than a few times. I just dont' understand your points. At all. IMO (that is all) it is one of the greatest movies EVER made.

sauron
ROTK is watch it agin in about a week, as matrix prooved nothin can live up to all the hype it is given

Aurora
I plan on seeing ROTK many many many times in the theater.

Orli's girlx
Sory just joined the thread but u guys with all these critisisms no need! I thought it was amazing pj did an excellent job my complaint would be too much was left out but ofcourse it couldnt go on 4ever! It wasnt too long i thouroly enjoyed every minute! maybe shortening it would have pleased the non readers but it wouldnt have been true to the book.

And i thought the smeagol/gollum bit was important 2 show wot frodo may b cum, and if u had read the book u would have nown that sam had taken the ring if not it was a kool twist!

personally i dont think we have ne thing 2 complain about

Gilraen
It seems to be very hard to respect peoples opinions around here. Just lets not start an argument about the various opinions.

sauron
so do i, please aurora go into the LOTR 3 SUCKED THREAD AND WRITE

sauron fears to come here incase of spoilers as he has not seen rotk yet but he says this

it is not a old and tired plot, half of it is a love sory, aragorns motive for destroying the ring was because he needed sauron destroyed before he could become king of gondor and arnor, only then would he be able to marry arwen, tgat was his motive

Gilraen
Sauron...........man..........what wise words.........and you make sence......... big grin

sauron
sarcasm?

Aurora
And I do not?

Aurora
I try ever so hard!

Aurora
I do!

Aurora
rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

sauron
you do aurora, thanks for posting that for me

Gilraen
Moi ??..............you must be joking......... laughing
Tact is for people, who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic

Aurora
confused LOL

Bennett
All you people will be signing a different tune when the Extended Edition DVD of Return of the King comes out. I was in a key scene and had the titular line but PJ decided to cut it at the last minute for personal reasons. In the scene, Gandalf is teaching Frodo how to drive and I'm sitting in the backseat and I go "I'm just so sick of this war. I can't wait for the return of the king."

Aurora
Ur a little nutty!

Gilraen
Bennett...............sweetie..............did you take your medication ?? My guess is not. Now be a good little boy and pick up your lose screws and take the red pil first.

sauron
the red pill DAMN GILRAEN, we are back to the matrix LOL so anyone make the lord of the matrix yet?

p.s bennet seriously man, seek help

Gilraen
That's a big booboo for me......going of topic myself.........big grin

Clockwork
I really think this could have been an interesting discussion, but because a bunch of people just started flaming at someone who was simply saying what he was thinking. I just hate it when that happens (there has to be some forum where something like this doesn't happen embarrasment ) I'm just peeping at this board and I thought, yeah, (almost) no flaming (only for joking) but well ... then this thread came allong.

JohnMatrix did even politely ask not to respond with flames ...

and the flames ruined the thread.

common people, a little respect for someone's opinion ???

And Sauron, just to make sure, I am one of those who do like Matrix and LotR (all the way) and if you think Rev spoiled TM triology, you're wrong (to me it is). Rel and Rev are 1 movie and Rev isn't that different from Rel. If you say you liked Rel, didn't you have to think about it alot before you knew what it was al about? Same with Rev, if you don't bother to really think about the movie, you just cannot like it, 'cause if you don't 'think' about it, it's just a plane old Holywood film with empty dialogues and cool action. (to be sure : it isn't !! cool )

that's the problem of the matrix, the mass doesn't want to think when they come out of the theatres. and that's why it did what it did.

just my two cents

clockwork

nephalim27
Wow, even on here there are still trolls...oh well, what can you do.

I'm really dissapointed they left out the Choices of Master Samwise, probably my favorite chapter in the book (the Two Towers, actually.) It's quite an important chapter, and it's also important that Sam not only bore the ring, but wore it, several times. I think they should have kept the trilogy in the same the pieces, and left in all the parts of TT that they cut out, because without them it's nothing more than Frodo playing with Gollum and a giant epic battle that...wasn't. Oh, and they DEFINETELY shouldn't have messed up Faramir, he was a great and important character.

That's all I have to say right now, as I unfortunately haven't seen the movie yet. Looking forward to it, though. I have a large feeling that although Aragorn shines through the first two movies, his character will greatly diminish in the third, and i'll be dissapointed in that regard. He's easily my favorite character. Him, Sam, and Gollum are the best (in both movie and book.)

In general though, even without seeing RotK, I can easily say that it was a great film adaptation although it COULD have been better (even much better.) PJ deserves alot of credit, as does his amazing cast and crew, every single person deserves an award of some sort (as does New Zealand for that matter.) It's inevitable that things will piss us Tolkien fans/purists off (of whom the original topic creator is not,) especially considering the nature of his work, and the large depth that lets your imagination do alot of work that the movie(s) contradict. It's amazing how people complain about things like the split personality Gollum and the physical affection shared by Sam and Frodo, which to us seems blatantly homosexual, but that isn't the point, and even the multiple endings, when these were ALL in the written material quite clearly. It's fine if you straight out don't like them, but if you say they are bad in comparison to the book (which is the case in this example,) you are greatly mistaken. There are quite a few major changes that are bad, but most of my qualms lie in the details that were ruined, lines changed for no reason, that sort of thing...

Finally, I can also say, with absolute certainty, even though I haven't seen RotK just yet, that quite frankly I don't believe someone who LOVED the Two Towers can find the movie bad or greatly dissapointing.

Wow...what a long post. Sorry.

billyboyd4ever
ok well considering there are eight pages here, i havent read much, but im sure im agreeing w/most when i say that johnmatrix what were you thinking??? i wont go into details about my opinion considering it was basically all covered in the 1st page...

The Omega

sheild_Eowyn
I've been given an Idea now, I think I WILL sleep with ROTK under my pillow to keep it safe from people like you!
I can't belive that people can read the book so many times and STILL be wrong about pretty much everything! Is'nt that impossible?
BTW, dunno if anyone's picked this up but its GIMLI not GAMLING!
Maybe you should go and find a website for Peter Jackson bashers like yourself, we don't wanna hear it.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>