XBOX is the WORST system out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DracotheDragon
I have to say i was really disappointed with Microsoft for releasing this piece of S H I T. I mean come on, really, who would have all these sucky titles (cept HALO and soon to be, HALO2, dont forget GTA3 and Vice City) and all these special features. Didn't you buy ur vid system to PLAY games on, not sit there and go "OOOO..... look at its special features....." Who likes the stupid system and its games?

SpikeSpiegel
I do. It's my second fav of the three consoles. It can do things the other two can't. Alright the controllers may not be perfect and it may not have too many exclusive games like the other ones. But many of the games it does have are improved versions. Eg. True Crime, on X-box it is the only version where you can custimise the soundtracks so you don't have to listen to the c-rap music (no offence to anyone who likes rap) If you want to flame something then do it to the N-gage. To play a game you need to turn the power off, remove the back, remove the battery, put the game in, replace the battery, replace the back, turn the power on, load the game. The controls are too close together and it's too expensive for what it is. The X-box is fine and has many promising games out and coming out within the next year.

SaTsuJiN
xbox is extremely nice for people who dont have a gaming pc. hell I own one just because I love halo. Cant wait for halo 2 to come out, huzzah!

SilverFighter
Fanboys and their threads always make me laugh!! I'm surprise that a "PS2 is invincible" thread hasn't been made.

Lag
SilverFighter you took the words right out of my mouth..."FanBoy". This is the biggest example of Fanboyism I've seen. There is nothing wrong with the X-Box. In fact it can do things that the PS2 or GameCube can't, for example Morrowind, Fable, and probably Halo let alone Multi-Link Halo. Don't get me wrong though, I do love my PS2 (not so much my Gamecube, but it has it's days), but when it comes to deciding which system to get a game on I go with the X-Box. Yeah it does have extra features like donwloading music onto it, but I think that's cool. Like in GTA III and Vice City you can listen to your own music in the cars, that is vvvvery cool.

BackFire
I agree, Xbox is useless to anyone with a PC, and the other systems have a far better selection of good games.

Lag
I don't understand the "useless to anyone who has a PC" thing. I guess I don't understand it, because I have a PC and I don't think my X-box is useless. Please explain this.

SaTsuJiN
I dunno, it seems to me that xbox has a good handfull of quality games. I still cant even say that for ps2 at this point. I love nintendo games quality, so I cant say I dislike gamecube cuz that would be a boldface lie O_o

SpikeSpiegel
Gamecubes my least FAVOURATE of the three, that's not saying its the worst. I own all three main consoles and that is the one I use least as I don't like it as much as the other two.

SilverFighter
Is like an epidemic in every video game forum in the internet. There are always someone posting an "Xbox vs PS2" thread and then silly arguments start and is quite annoying. Rate the games not the consoles cuz is just too dull arguing over and over about which system is the best.

Xbox is the best system out right now, as for games xbox has and is coming out with some pretty sweet ones i.e. halo(of course) and halo2, also pgr and pgr2(with xbox live compatibility), gta series is not exclusively for ps2 anymore(so that automatically puts the ps2 at a disadvantage, plus james bond games are so much better on xbox.

SpikeSpiegel
Don't forget Fable or Shenmue

Linkalicious
xbox pwns. PS2 owners talk this mess because their system was out a whole year before xbox. all the EA games are better on xbox because you can play 4 player which is still the same as going 2 vs 2 online. The high speed connection on xbox hands down whipes the floor with PS2's little dial up. And none of the controllers on any system is bad. You just have to put in time to get used to them. And loading time on a PS2 is ridiculous compared to Xbox.

DracotheDragon
I dont like 'box cuz it only has 3 titles that are any good to it, and that will be four when halo 2 comes out, but that's besides the point. The 'box has all these special features, but no good games besides those above. I mean yea, the features are nice, but i didnt buy my system for features, i bought it for gameplay. Linkalicious, how can you stand that system, really, the system has 3 good games and special features, that is it! that's all it has, and unless they begin to release better titles for it, ill stand by its the worst system you could invest 179.99 in.

unless ur a person obsessed with getting a ton of games xbox has enough out there right now that can satify anyone until they come out with more great titles...the ones i mentioned above to name ones off the top of my head, and not to mention that fighting games are 100x better on xbox because of the controller than on ps2(i.e. soul calibur 2)

SpikeSpiegel
and X-box is teachnically the best of the three

Linkalicious
Name ur 3 and i'll name similar or better on xbox. MOST games that are on PS2 (since xbox's arrival) are on xbox also. And i didn't buy xbox for features and i didn't buy it for "gameplay." I bought xbox to have a great time playing video games and it's "features" enable it to be much more enjoyable than PS2. 4 people playing an EA game is unfathomably more fun than having 2 people play while the other two sit around for 30 minutes watchin the other 2 play. And no playin online isn't the same because they aren't right there to talk sh*t to. in fact all 4 people can't or usually don't talk playing EA online. I'll take my shitty xbox and good times with my friends over an allegedly superior PS2 and it's lonely times. The greatest + for PS2 is that they have some sweet deal going with Square-Enix so they get all the Final Fantasy games, other than that what am i missing out on? Spiral the Dragon?

dave123
i own an xbox and a ps2 (not a GC so i cant give an opinion on that)

basically, if i can choose if i get a game for Xb or ps2, its always xbox. MUCH faster loading/saving times, near unlimited memory and generally better due to online play smile

people that diss the controllers sleep they released the smaller ones ages ago, idiots, much better IMO

4 controller ports (unlike cheap ps2 where you pay more) although u do have to pay for the DVD thingy

i still play halo online, great game thumb up

and most decent PS2 games make it to xbox anyway big grin

Lag
The games that I thought were really good on PS2 are Devil May Cry 1 not 2, Metal Gear Solid: Son of Liberty (came to X-Box), The GTA series (came to X-Box), Grand Turismo III(not a racing fan, but I have to give it props.), and I think that's about it besides the DBZ games, but they aren't to good I'm just a DBZ fan. I would have mentioned Final Fantasy, but I've never played them, not a turn based fan.

The games that I thought were really good for X-Box are Halo (My number one most played game and nothing beats system link Halo)Morrowind, Steel Battalion, any EA Game (specifically Fever and Top-Spin) Splinter Cell (came to PS2, but is better on X-Box), Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic, Soul Calibur II( I love Spawn), Rainbow6 3, Ghost Recon (way better on the X-Box, you can't argue with that.), The GTA series ( looks slightly better and you can customize the radio), Unreal Championship ( Fun with friends and Live) Mid-Night Club 1 and 2 (Again, not a racing fan, but system link CTF is really fun). I don't dis-like any system, a game's a game, but most of the games that I mentioned for X-box couldn't be done on any other system, Halo included. PS2 tried Splinter Cell, but it couldn't do what the X-Box did.

word lag..word

Takuma
its easly summed up like this, not every system is for every one, like a lot of people I buy systems based on games I want for them. the hardwhere and all the "bells and whistles" men nothing to me, cause I still play the old games, for me it has to be fun, of it isn't woth the money to buy it

finti
depends on the pc, not everyone bother with a killer graphiccard on the pc.
I use my pc for work related things, for my music and for surfing the net.

of what I have seen of consoles I would go for x box

BackFire
Indeed, xbox is the worst of all the systems. Despite have a few damn fine exclusive games, all the other games I consider good are available on other systems.

The hardware may be supperior, but what's the point of having top of the line hardware if you have few good games to use that hardware on?

yeah but the games that are avaliable for multiple platforms i've found are usually far better on xbox...i.e. 007: nightfire and agent under fire, and well any other first person shooter.

Dash3339
1. NONE of the good games are on Xbox
2. It's too expensive
3. It's buggy
4. The controls are confusing
5. The graphics are too try-hard. The Ps2 has detailed graphics that are still simple.

ragesRemorse
xbox blows, it teases you with hinting at what it could do, but ultimately never does. the games are to mediocre. microsoft gives you a great idea but it just turns out to be an empty thought with no good gameplay or interesting stories, It's all colors and flashing.

1) I already mentioned some good games for xbox
2) the bundle with 2 games and 2 months of xbox live free is cheaper than ps2 with their network adapter
3) Buggy? how do you mean?
4) The controls are perfect and in no way confusing because their almost identical to playstation controllers except better
5)what do you mean by "are too try-hard"?....the graphics on xbox are far superior to those of ps2

The only reason i hestitated in asking for it instead of ps2 was because ps2 will have gt4(gran turismo series are my favorite games)

Linkalicious
EA didn't make Top Spin or Fever, EA makes Madden, FIFA, and Live. You're thinking like 989 or something. And Soul Caliber 2 is best on Gamecube because Link rules more than Spawn (IMO) And i don't think midnight club 1 came out on x-box. But as a whole i agree with you Lag.

Linkalicious
Well put...obviously the person you quoted has no clue what they are talking about and have a pre-concieved notion about xbox. He's probably just another PS2 person trying to rip on xbox because they wish they had one. I like GT4, but Project Gotham 2 is just as good if not better (thx to graphics). It's been nominated as one of the games of the year (for all consoles) and it's a racing game....that's pretty impressive. I just truly wish xbox would sign a deal with Square so they can get some good RPGs.

DracotheDragon
I hate to break it to you 113, but Xbox, Gamecube, and PS2 all have the same 128 bit capacities. Gamecube is the fastest system out because its processor opperates better than PS2 or Xbox. PS2 has the second best processor, and Xbox in dead last with only a 766 Mhz intel celeron prcoessor. all systems have the capabilities to play 256 bit games, but the gamecube has the easiest time with them because its processor is the equivalent to a pentium 3, whereas PS2's is equivalent to pentium 2, and Xbox equivalent to pentium 1 or lower.

Linkalicious
draco u don't know jack... that whole post above this one should be disregarded by everyone...

Linkalicious
That mere 766mhz processor in the xbox trounces on PS2 and Gamecube who have 485 Mhz processors. (485 is PS2 is lucky) No console systems out right now have surpassed the Gigahertz technology milestone. And catch me if i'm wrong (which i'm SURE draco will attempt to do) but when i was growing up and computers started getting faster.... a 485 mhz processor was no better than a Pentium II and right about the time they his the 733 mhz mark, Pentium III chips began showing up. Bite ur tongue u mis-informed non believer, PS2 and gamecube rock the Pentium II (or equivalent) technologies while xbox uses a pentium III (or equivalent) technology. AND NO ONE uses Pentium I technology unless its nokia's new N-gage or whatever it is.

SilverFighter

Linkalicious
Thank you Silver!!! Oh and it was Gamecube that had 485 Mhz like i stated above. Proving once and for all PS2 is a lesser machine.

SilverFighter
No problemo Linkalicious big grin What I like about Xbox the most is the mods you can put in. I'm planning to have an X-ecuter 2.2 pro in my Xbox before Doom III and Halo 2 come out!!

Linkalicious
sick as sh*t...i just sent mine out to get mod-ed. My xbox was from the 1st shipment of xboxes sent out and i think that the laser eye that reads the disk on those 1st Generation xboxes are faulty. My xbox won't read new games like Medal of Honor or Project Gotham 2. I got that replaced for like $30 bucks from a friend, but he's going to keep it for another day and mod it up for me. I would get the mod-ed Halo 2 but i've had mine on pre-order for about 8 months already.

TrAnCeDuO
heres something you should read...
http://maddox.xmission.com/xbox_suckit.html

cheney
i own an xbox i did have a gamecube and a number of my friends have PS2's. Firstly gamecube was good and it has some good games but one has to admit that its games are aimed at people from say ages 8-12. Secondly xbox is far superior to PS2 in graphics. I was reading an interview in the back of an Enter the Matrix strategy guide and one of the manufacturers stated that the graphics on some parts such as when u are in the ship shooting down the drones following you were quite difficult to create properly because PS2 simply couldnt handle it(well the graphics anyway) also whilst many people say they dont buy an xbox for bells and whistles i for one definitely do. my friend recently was bragging about what he got for christmas. he recieved a DVD player and a stereo system. i pointed out to him that i could do all of those things with my xbox and my tv as it can serve as a stereo a dvd player and a game console and it also allows u to create playlists or even upload music onto the hard disk making it much more versatile and flexible.

JackMode211
when it all comes down to it...ps2 wins overall better games.....who cares about fetures when they have mostly garbage games....and the system is the size of 2 vcr's stacked on each other.....and they never use its full pontentiel ...like peoplke only using 10 percent of thier brains...the xbox people dont seem to put much thinking into thier work....they must be using 5 percent of thiers....and when ps3 comes out the cycle will be repeated xbox is gonna release xbox2 or an upgrade or some 2nd rate bullshit and nintindo will be out of buisness (hopefully) and ps3 will dominate xbox2 in the sales deptartment.....again

TrAnCeDuO
your a fool if you dont read the article on the link

the article was made 2 (well now 3) years ago when xbox first came out...the main argument that maddox makes in that whole rant is that the games for xbox suck...yeah 3 years ago they were horrible (and keep in mind this is even before xbox live)...this year (well 2003) had a string of good games and 2004 will have much more, i think xbox is finally breaking out of the zone of having bad games, and with xbox live availiblity now stretching through a wide variety of good games and with a biggero nline community for it forming xbox is becoming the perfect system to own...many games that once were only found on other consoles or on pc are now coming to xbox such as one of the biggest franchises which is gta, and now counter-strike is only for pc and xbox, driver3 when that comes out will also be for xbox

Ness
i hate xbox it has to many bottons on the controllers and the games are to complex and dull

the ps1 and ps2 both have 16 buttons on their controllers(including start and select) and the xbox has 16 as well (including start and back)...so where that argument came from i never got.

Tex
Those fat XBox controllers are very uncomfortable! thumb down

Scythe
Yeah I prefer the Controller S's, they're much better.

well i have giant hands actually so the original xbox controllers are such a relief after using the tiny NES and playstation controllers for years...i can actually leave my hands in comfortable position on the original xbox controllers and not get blisters all the time like i did on ps controllers...

ragesRemorse
Yeah It seems xbox may have some god games comming out, but that's all from hype that is being built by reviewers who go to the gamacones. Not actually playing the games but watching previews,and talking to the publishers of the games. Of course the publishers are going to give the games great reviews to the game reporters. Keep in mind these are the same reporters who have been saying for the past 2 years that xbox is about to rain out golden games of entertainment. Without playing these games we can't say what is what. I see xbox having a good first quarter year of 2004, but it will never over take the brilliant game designers,and mass fane base of sony. As a gamer i would like to see xbox give us somthing new and inovative, but it's just not going to happen.

As for xbox live. I could give a shit about that. I am a solo gamer. I like progressing in a game and having an expierence. Not fiddling around in death matches or races with other people. If i want to do that i'll play a multi player game with friend for FREE. I deffaintly dont like the idea of being able to download new stages to certain games. I mean it's not like the story is expanded its just more game play. I know as of now you can d/l most new patches onto your pslive or xbox live for free , but in the future youll be paying top dollar. I have about 3 hours a night if im lucky to spend on a game. I want to expierence fun, not redundant multi player gamming on the internet. everything i could do on the xbox i can do more of on my PS2, or the exact same thing, and more of on my PC. this is why xbox is still third best to me. Yeah and the controller is the leat comfortable when compared to the sony. PS2 controller is just designed for convienence

well i can see your point rage but i can name about a handful of games that i already want for xbox(or which i hope will be coming to xbox) which are pgr2(buying that soon), ssx3, the new MX game, gtaIII/vice city, metal gear solid 2 (and 3 when it comes out), halo 2, driv3r, amped 1 and 2, need for speed underground, tony hawk underground, etc...

and i know most of these games are for ps2 as well and that's fine, but since most of the (what i consider good) titles are now for both systems it came down to performance, controllers, and the exclusive games that each system has...and for me the two special games that each system has are halo/halo2 for xbox, and Gran Turismo series(including the new 4) for ps/ps2. And even though gt series are my favorite games of all time, i'm just too excited for halo2, plus when halo2 comes out for computer it won't really matter cause my crappy computer won't be able to handle it (it could barely handly halo 1)

as for the multiplayer, well i guess it jst depends on preference but i love online play..i mean the only reason i still have halo on my computer(after i beat the game) is to play online, and i have quake3arena on my computer because it's purely made for online play...i'm much more of an online player than a solo one....just preference

Bicnarok

Bicnarok

ragesRemorse
well with a home console system instead of a PC you are not restricted to staying in front of your keyboard. You have the ability to starre into a 32 inch television screen over a 16 inch computer screen. sound systems also help. And not having to install games every time you want to try them out is another plus consoles have over a PC. Other than that i see how you would think it wouldnt even be concievble to choose an xbox over a pc. because the performance on a PC is deffaintly better, if you have the most updated computer programs.

ragesRemorse
i have been saying for a long time that Xbox and PS2 are no different. The only thing are the very, and i mean VERY few exclusive games each console holds. I personally dont like Xbox, because i remember all the promises that were being made by microsoft before release, and all the power it was supposedly going to have However it turned out to be nothing more than a less attractive PS2. I also liked the exclusive games for PS2, but it seems that those exclusive games are being shared with the box, The same goes for many of the exclusive games comming out for xbox. Within a few months there going to be shared on sony. if you like Inter play then xbox live is a plus. Other than that there the same thing. Sony holds exclusive gamming developers i love though which is why i will always side with sony. unless the box actually takes advantage of the power it holds

Linkalicious
regarding the controllers....xbox doesn't even sell those fat ones with their systems anymore. They sell the S just like everyone else said and i think that controller is more comfortable than a PS2 controller because of L2 and R2. I also think that PS2's dual analog sticks are in a terrible position and it makes it more difficult to do complex moves.

And traceduo that Link you have is on an editorial from like before Xbox was actually released. Those are just 5 stupid games that xbox has...and i'm sure i can find 5 stupidier games on PS2.

And anyone that has a mod-ed Xbox damn well knows that there is no power greater than X. I got like 30 arcade games and like 400 snes games on my xbox and it cost me a hefty $30. Graphically they are inferior games...but sometimes you just can't duplicate the greatness that is Mario Kart battlemode.

ragesRemorse
well actually there is no power greater than PC. Microsoft seems to have great trouble at using there power. I mean since the box has been out there has been nothing special in the gamming industry aside of halo, which is one of the most over rated games ever. Xbox follows in the footsteps of sega, trying to incorperate a home arcade. Most of there games are simple ones with no depth.

DracotheDragon
When will it end? So i was wrong, big deal, but I do know that the Xbox is in either second or last for speedy processors, I know Cube's is the higest and fastest, and correct me if im worng, but I dont even think that Pentium 2 was under 766 Mhz, I belive that Pentium 2 had at least 1 Ghz, max 1.2 Ghz. Pentium 3 was DEFINATELY not 766 Mhz, my Pentium 1 in my 94 pc has that spec. And the Xbox is the slowest system, PS2 is in the middle, and the Cube is in first because it, whether youve played it or not, loads an entire game in less that 10 seconds. Now how could it do that if its processor is in last? Its loading speed is equivalent to cartridge systems (64, SNES, NES), whereas Xbox and PS2 are very, very slow at loading. Please explain your reasonings to me linkalicious (without your snide comments, because im only trying to talk civil here) about the systems, where you got all the info from and why you are even sticking up for that piece of crap.

SpikeSpiegel
What I would like to know is why did Game Cube opt for those small disks. They hold 1.5GB of data, yet a DVD holds 4.5. Or so I've read.

DracotheDragon
I didnt know that the cubes disks held that little space. Hmmm.... at least you get the same game.

Linkalicious
Well i get my information from 3 sources

www.nintedo.com
www.xbox.com
www.playstation.com

and those are all the home-sites for the 3 consoles in question. As for the Pentium II arguement, I have a 733 mhz at home (yea laugh its weak) and it IS a Pentium 3 and i know this because i've taken the machine apart more than once and i was fully aware of what i was buying when i got it (back in 1998.) PS2 is still a better system for games, but it's processor speed is the slowest of the 3 systems. when i play vice city at a friends house (PS2) it takes much longer to do the mid-map loading than it does on my xbox. Even starting the game up at the load screen takes far less time on xbox. So there, no snide comments just straight facts...

DracotheDragon
Okay, just wanted to know. I still stand by The gamecube because of the titles that it has.

Bicnarok

SilverFighter
Ah that sucks that your mod xbox didn't read the game cuz is 1st generation. I heard that the chameleon (Xodus chip) is the best one for first generations xbox.

Check out the guide:

http://www.easybuy2000.com/store/downloads/manuals/xbox/chameleon/Chameleon_Beginners_Guide.pdf big grin

SaTsuJiN
Halo for pc is a hot pile of buggy trash that even bungie themselves didnt feel like dealing with so they threw it at gearbox. The game is so ill-compressed it staggers even the most powerful PCs. The networking is absolutely horrific, even on a cable modem... need I say more?

kalantiaw
i bought the xbox just because it didn't really need a memory card... then i realized i just spent 300 dollars on a big pile of worthless memory space... the games are crappy, well the majority are... and the controller required an extra thumb... so, yeah, the xbox sucks... actually it sucks so bad that it sucks and blows at the same time...

BackFire
It's simply an unnecessary system, all the games for xbox are out for other systems.

yes but a lot of those just play better on xbox

BackFire
They have slightly better graphics, that's about it. the controls are usually better for the PS2.

But still, that's not enough to make the xbox a worthy system, the fact that it has no exclusive games dampers it heavily. They will be getting one soon, Halo 2, but even that will eventually come to the PC

DracotheDragon
Yea, really, but when are rare gonna realize that they switched to a bad company? Does anyone realize that rare, makers of Starfox and Donkey Kong, went to Xbox? They shouldve stayed with nintendo, but they'll realize this soon enough and come crawling back to nintendo (or go to PS2).

Linkalicious
why are people comparting an Xbox and a PC?! how stupid is that? I mean a PC is a far better buy than a PS2 also...
How about we stop comparing apples and oranges here? the reason why you buy a PS2 or Xbox is because you want something different than a PC. That and the price of a good gaming PC is rediculous compared to a console system. And i can give a rats ass about a monitors resolution because i play my Xbox on my 65 inch big screen and that's just plain sexy!!! (yes i know big screens aren't made for video games, but its too fun to not enjoy) The only thing that makes PS2 so great is that they have a shit load of Japanese companies that crank out killer games, but almost all American owned companies create games for all 3 systems.

And whoever was talking about Xbox not USING the power that they have doesn't research anything and just opens their huge mouths. I know it was a crappy game but that Dragon Slayer game for Xbox is the ONLY game out right now that can be played in 1080 HDTV, all the others are in 480 or something like that and that's basically normal television. Xbox also produced Rainbow Six 3 and Splinter Cell FARRR before PS2 and/or Gamecube because they had to knock out a bunch of the huge graphical enhancements. Ubi soft is so far the only company that uses xbox's better peripherials (Sp?) in order to produce a better product. Give Xbox 1 more year and i'm pretty sure there are going to be more than a handful of titles that are far better on xbox than any other system. Also, being able to download additional content on Xbox life is about the best feature in gaming, i like the extras i got for brute force and splinter cell.

edwinian
I have to say that all in all i like my xbox blah blah blah etc. but if i did it all over again i would get a ps2, especially since right now i am thinking of buying a used one cause i am DYING to play FFX2...man oh man i am mad that i do not have it.

Linkalicious
bah...FFX2, that game has to be crap...all you are is a bunch of girls. And those girls aren't even as hot as the girls from DOA. I say just stick with your box and don't lose sleep over a game with no male protagonists.

DracotheDragon
I'm still gonna go with the Gamecube because it has the best content, plus, its the smallest of the systems! I mean, cmon, look at the Xbox for starters, its name says what it is: A BOX. It is a f u c k i n g huge ass system that takes up a s h i t l o a d of space. PS2 not far behind. Xbox also weighs a ton! You can use the Xbox as bullet - proof armor (which says that microsoft was looking at looks of the system, not appealing games when they released it), which is pretty messed up stuff. I mean, really, who buys a system for its special features and 2 or 3 games, not for its LINE of great games (gamecube and ps2). Why spend 179.99 on it (now, 299.99 for some people that got it when it came out) for 2 or 3 games and a boatload of features? I dont know about you people, but I get systems for their games, not for their features...

SilverFighter
If it is not the software is the size, if it is not the color is the X on the console, if it is not the controls is something else.....yup the never ending story with Xbox comments.

Linkalicious
i still don't see why people say 2 or 3 games when there are atleast 20 games on xbox that are well worth buying. So what if they are on other systems...they are still worth buying. And other than Zelda, smash bros., and metriod prime.....what makes gamecube so Elite?!

SaTsuJiN
rofl.. nintendo was tired of thier lazy asses.. they didnt make a good game for 3 years. They took thier sweet time doing whatever they felt like, and it costed nintendo money just to keep them. So nintendo went like N'sync and said 'baby bye bye bye' and threw them out the door headfirst. Microsoft just got the extra cash to spend so they said 'pff.. you know we coo' y'all can come wit me'. Rare are lazy bastards, maybe if they work alot faster in the future nintendo will consider thier apology.

Xbox is great system, just like the others. Too many 'opinions' rather than facts to prove this is "the worst system out" - when its really all about the fact that you didnt have the 200 bucks to get one or you wouldve stick out tongue

Bicnarok
The "buggy trash" comment only aplies to people who dont know what they are doing in my opinion, ive never had any problems with computers in 15 years playing with them apart from Windows ME which is one big virus anyway.

As for halo for PC ive not played it yet, but im suprised the game is less impressive seeing as the XBOX is just an older PC in a Box. Maybe you should turn of all the memory hogging junk in the background before you play:0)

DracotheDragon
Considering I spent 2,000 on my PC when im only 16 is saying something Satsujin, I had the 200 to buy it, I just said if Im gonna get a System that has the features of a computer, then why not just get a PC? Most of the games that are out on the Xbox are on PC, so I'll just use up a fraction of my 120 GB hard drive for a game that's the same on the Xbox, Plus I can do all the things the Xbox can better, I have a Pentium 4 with HT tech at 3.2 Ghz, so I prefer my PC better. If Im gonna play a game with a controller, than I'll use my Gamecube or the controller for my PC (which has the exact same amount of buttons as the PS2 controller and has rumble).

Linkalicious
This arguement is the dumbest thing i have ever heard from any stupid PS2 fanboy.

DO NOT COMPARE AN XBOX TO A PC!!!!

An xbox is a gaming console like a PS2, it doesn't have a word processor, it doesn't have a keyboard, it doesn't have a printer, you can't scan images, you can't hook up a digital camera to it. An xbox should only be compared to a PC for its hard-drive which is an ingenious idea. Unlike PS2 and Gamecube's amazing memory cards, which xbox has also.

And any person that puts up the arguement that most of the xbox games released are out on pc is a complete and utter moron. (sorry draco) Ubi soft games, EA games, and now Halo are the only ones that are on PC and Xbox, and guess what?!?! EA games and Ubi Soft games are on PS2 too!!!

Xbox is a console, not a PC, so stop trying to make that comparison because it just shows how truly ingorant you are...

Linkalicious
Oh yeah and to comment on the ridiculously heavy weight of the xbox...Guess what, it's not a gameboy advanced! You're not supposed to carry the system with you when you play games. Actually I can tell you first hand why xboxes weight is a + over the other 2 systems.

When your stupid dog or *** footed friend walks in front of the screen and trips on the cord, my xbox rips the cord outta the system and the system stays still. But when i'm playing Gamecube or i'm at my friends house playing PS2 and someone trips on the cord, the system comes crashing down to the ground. Sometimes the PS2 gets knocked on it's side if it's standing upright...

So tell me what's more important...stopping your game to re-plugin your controller? or restarting your game because your PS2/Gamecube just fell off the table and froze? I'll take re-connecting my controller anyday.

DracotheDragon
Unfortunately, Linkalicious, the Xbox was designed to be a gaming PC for your television, that is why I'm comparing it to my 2,000 dollar PC. Like I said before, If I'm gonna buy a system where all the games are on the PC, then I'll go with the PC. Oh, and, whenever my friend or dog or whatever comes and trips on my cord to my Cube, MY Cube still hasn't fallen off my entertainment stand, not that I'm saying it won't, it just hasn't yet and none of my friends have had this problem yet either.

Linkalicious
please show me the article where you read that the gaming console formerly known as Xbox was designed to be a PC for your television. And i'd love to see a PC that has 4 controller ports for 4 different people to use simultaneously. Why hasn't xbox come out with a keyboard and mouse or any other tangible that you would want for a PC??? Because it was created for the sole purpose of playing video games on, just like PS2. Why doesn't Xbox live have a web browser? or an image viewer? or a media player? Because Microsoft wasn't trying to sell a damn PC they were trying to sell a game system to compete with Sony...

DracotheDragon
well, you really need to look at PC's more often. My PC has 4 Hi - speed USB ports (for things like gaming controllers) and three parallel ports. My PC has all the specs that the Xbox has, only mine are 5X as good. Oh, and, By the way, Xbox has a keyboard, you just have to find it.

SaTsuJiN
Draco > that comment wasnt aimed at you, that was toward the generalization of the x-box hating public.

Bicnarok > I said 'halo' for pc was trash.. I didnt say Pc was trash

Linkalicious
i know a computer has atleast 4 ports because even mine has 4 ports, but it doesn't have 4 ports for playing with 4 different controllers at the same time...And Microsoft does not create this Keyboard, they create a port attachment so that a standard keyboard can plug into the xbox (same with PS2). And you're computer that is 5x better than xbox was also 5x more expensive than xbox. What operating system does xbox run? it's XP technology, but it's not windows...because it's not a pc.

DracotheDragon
So? That validates what?

Linkalicious
Forget the validation crap. Can you explain to me what makes Xbox a personal computer? that's all i want to know...The voting speaks for itself that xbox isn't the worst system out there. Now i just wanna know what makes it a PC and not a console like PS2 and Gamecube.

Lord Ryugen
Out of intrest since it's Bill Gates product shouldn't it be prone to things like crashing, freezing, system errors. My dad bought one but I despise the worthless piece of crap. The controllers are crap, it only decent game it has is Halo, in fact it's only slightly better than the Game Cube the devils console

DracotheDragon
I agree with you Lord Ryugen on all but one: The Gamecube is the best system out because it has the best games out to date. The PS2 can't compare with its speed and quality. There are only two games that the PS2 has that the Gamecube Don't that are worth playing: GTA and Vice City.

venomfan
PS2 is just as good, you just dont have taste. play armored core silent lineit has a good story,awsome soundtrack, great graphics. why dont you name some good games buddy

DracotheDragon
Super Smash Bros. Melee, there is no fighting game equivalent.

Linkalicious
ok i have 2 gamecube controllers not 4 so which game should i get first?
this is my order so far

1. Soul Caliber 2
2. Smash Bros. Melee (until i get four controllers it sits at 2)
3. Mario Kart Double Dash

Then i'll probably get a couple more gamecube exclusive games. Like Metroid Prime n what not. Anyone care to help me out here?

venomfan
super smahs bros melee was good, realy good but not the best fighter. i say marvel vs capcom 2 is the best but i know it has pleanty of flaws

DracotheDragon
Linkalicious, a really good game for the gamecube, not Xbox, even though it is out on both, is Phantasy Star Online (you do not need online capabilities, because this is an online and off game, 1 to 4 players). And just because a game has capabilities for 4 player, doesn't mean thats all its good for.

DracotheDragon
Hello?*echoes* whered evry1 go?

Linkalicious
sorry i didn't go online this weekend. thx for the suggestion, but i already have Fantasy Star Online for my xbox, and it's hooked up to the internet. I thought it was fun, but tooo damn repetetive.

sith_darth_jay
draco>how can you say GC is the best system out, Xbox (by the way i hate Xbox, i'm just being honest) is just as good, even better, than GC, technically speaking.

i hate nintendo (ever since N64 came out) because all their dull games are based on mario, pokemon and Zelda(the only decent game that N64 had), SB melee is a good game, but i don't understand how you don't get bored after staring at those bright colored happy shiny characters for hours, beside the minor, yet considerable fact that the game has no story?

the stigma of those childish games will always be with nintendo, although lately they been trying to shake it off. and like always, nintendo finds a game that sells, and they explot it until they're dead, how many mario games are there? 25?, the same goes with pokemon (i used to like it, now i hate it)

now gameboy, that's a different story (it was the only thing that kept nintendo alive during the disastrous N64 lifetime, i don't know if it remains that way now that GC is out)
but not for long, let's see if PSP or Ngage can put up a fight.

PS2 has many games besides GTA 3 and Vice City, there's metal gear (not for long though), silent hill, tekken (way better than SB) and the best one of all: the FF series... and Kimdong Hearts too.

i can't say that there's a WORST SYSTEM out, they all have theirs ups and downs.

this is my preference list
1. PS2
2. AGB
3. GC
4. Xbox

Linkalicious
AGB? i'm assuming you mean GBA right? And you're right about the Nintendo games and all their colorfulness, but sometimes it's not all about the blood and gore that we've become so acustomed to seeing. I just like the Zelda games because they are adventurous. I got my xbox before i knew about a lot of the games, because i assumed that Microsoft would land all the big companies like Square Enix and most of the new Rockstar games (Manhunt and for a while GTA) So far Xbox has been a bit of a dissappointment, but anyone that's going to say that Xbox sucks is just a closed minded person.

VenomFan: I agree about Marvel VS. Capcom 2, but i'd rather play a game like Soul Caliber because of the graphics. Though Marvel n Capcom characters are far superior to Soul Caliber characters.

sith_darth_jay
well, the Game Boy Advance is abreviatted AGB, not GBA, look in the back of the lil' console, where the serial number is and you'll see.

ppl shouldn't be so closed minded, is not a bad console at all (is probably the best, again technically), but i don't like it.

i love Zelda, you don't really need gore in a game, it just makes it funnier, Zelda was the only excellent game in the N64, and goldeneye too but...

draco>since you love your GC, buy and play Metal Gear: the Twins Snakes, then you'll tell me which one is the best game

venomfan
i totaly agree link, i got soul calibur 2 and i played it for a week straight great game, and that is M vs C 2 flaw the bad graphics and uterlly no story. ABYSS who the hell is that?

LeAtHerRFace
I agree Xbox kinda sux. Although becuz of their junk selection of games... Ps2, on the other hand is alot better because obviously it has alot more games... and alot more better games to choose. So it all comes down to this: Xbox is not a bad system at all, its wut kind of games make the system g00d or b@d.

Linkalicious
yeah...ummm sorry bud, go to www.nintendo.com it's abreviated GBA, not AGB. What the hell is AGB supposed to stand for? But thanks for agreeing with me on my say.

DracotheDragon
I say GC is best because PS2 is a repetitive system. Gee, look at how many GTA games there are, how many Final Fantasy games there are, Tony Hawk games there are (best PS2 and PS1 series ever, THPS). GC has only original games, yes repetitive, but original.

sith_darth_jay
original??????????????????????????

nintendo hasn't came up with something ORIGINAL in like 7 years, except maybe eternal darkness (which still is a resident evil inspired game, talk about originality). you say PS is a repetitive console?
I ask again, how many mario games are there?.

FF started with nintendo, then move on into PS (the reason why they broke their partnership with nintendo are still unknown, but i think is was cuz of the cd's and the full motion videos which were a huge problem with nintendo) PS2 has 3 FF games, and they are, in no way whatsoever, repetitive, each one is and original game, different in story yet the same in many aspects, the only repetitive thing about them is the name.

THPS is different, they are all the same, because like nintendo, they're sucking up the franchise until the very last drop, underground is a bit different though. these games came out for every console available, not just for PS.

the thing with nintendo, ever since N64, was to rub in your face the so called quality of their consoles, they didn't realize that WHAT MAKES A GOOD CONSOLE ARE THE GAMES, i love playing tetris, but i'm not gonna buy pokemon tetris cuz of the 3D or the freaky annoying lil' things.
it looks like nintendo is learning of their mistakes, they weren't so arrogant when they came out with GC, and it looks like they're willing to let the other company developed their games the way they pleased, but they backtrack a long way, now they have to make up for it.

Xbox is still a strong competition (hehe, Xbox came out with sole purpose to compete against PS2, nintendo was out the picture), but the games are not that strong yet, except HALO, the good games it has, other console have then, the are a few franchise that they managed to hold on too, but like nintendo, they're breaking up (Soul Calibur came up for every console, GC's has link, PS2 has heihachi, and Xbox has Spawn, that makes you wonder what kind of console Xbox is)

link> well, the name they used to use, when advance came out, was AGB, is in the back of the console, next to the serial number. magazines used that same name for the console too, i don't know if nintendo changed it when SP came out. i know i sounds weird, it surprised me too, but is true. either way, it stand for the same thing

AGB advance game boy
GBA game boy advance

just like the games

advance wars
FF tactics advance

Linkalicious
Fine i'll agree with that...game boy isn't really a knowledgeable area for me anyways.

IMO and i think many gamers will share this opinion: Xbox's only weak area is their lack of true RPGs. If they were to sign a fat deal with Square-Enix, then xbox would be every bit as good as PS2, if not better because Ubisoft is now utilizing xbox's stronger hardware. It's only a matter of time before microsoft etches the deal with EA so that the xbox will play EA games online. And that will be better for xbox because of the broad band connection instead of the dial up and the 4 controllers.

sith_darth_jay
yes, you're right. As much as i hate Xbox, it'll be pretty interesting what square can do with it, i mean, they really use the consoles to their fullest.

i hate to admit it, but they will do a great job with Xbox (i hope that never happens though big grin )

and concerning my last post, i was a bit wrong. Nintendo did came up with something original, sort of speak: Pikmin, pretty original i'd say, but it doesn't change the fact that is still so full of happy shiny colored weird looking creatures

Linkalicious
lol read pikimen 2 is coming out....how did that game sell enough to warrant a sequel.

sith_darth_jay
dunno....

i guess there's a lot of dull kids in the world

...no, seriously, it's ok. plus you know nintendo... be sure there'll be 5 more sequels

DracotheDragon
No doubt, but Im still the hardest nintendo fan you'll come across. Nintendo has had two original games in the last year, Animal Crossing and Pikmin and soon to be Pikmin 2 (how people could play either pikmin game is beyond me, but AC is great!).

sith_darth_jay
i haven't played animal crossing, so i can't post an opinion on that yet...
but seriusly draco, play MGS: the twins snake, you won't regreat it... unless of course, you played in PS1 and didn't like it

Linkalicious
MGS Substance didn't impress me much...that's why i don't think TOO highly of Solid Snake.

sith_darth_jay
sons of liberty was crap (MGS2), i didn't like it, but the gameplay is great.

... but MGS1 is great, in every aspect, gameplay and storyline (the best one ever written for a game, well, at least that's what i think)

MGS2 was just a follow up, weak story, a few twists, predictible in major plot parts, and a lousy ending (except the dialogue at the end between otacon and snake)

twins snakes has the full MG1 story, with the SOL gameplay

that would be one of the main reason i'll buy a GC

Lag
I haven't posted in a while so I have some topics to catch up on.

First, I was confused at first when I got Madden instead of Fever for Christmas. I put EA football game. Oh well Madden's an awesome game too.

And this whole "comparing a PC with an X-Box" kind of makes me proud to be an X-Box fan. What other system is good enough to be compared to a PC? None. When the X-Box was pit up against the PS2 and GameCube the FanBoys got scared and through a PC at it.

Another topic I read about was the X-Box not using it's power to it's full potentiel. Have you not played any of the games that have been mentioned so many times before: Halo (16 man Halo), Morrowind, Morrowind:Game of the Year Edition, Splinter-Cell, Steel Battalion, and soon to be Fable, Halo 2, Pandora Tomorrow, Steel Battalion 2. Many of these games are X-Box exclusive, because the games have no choice, but to be on the X-Box because the other systems can't handle them. Splinter-Cell wasn't nearly as good on the PS2 and Halo is shared with a PC.. A PC!!!! the only other system that could handle Halo isn't a system at all. The PS2 impressed me by handling the GTA series, which actually there were a lot of problems with freezing, but then the X-Box got it and handled it with ease while adding to the graphics. I don't know why somebody would get turned off by the X-Box for making promises with it's power (which I think it came through with) and then prefering the PS2 or GameCube which weren't barve enough to make any promises.

The controller thing, all it takes is time and you can get used to any controller. I can play with any controller out there. GameCube controller is very comfortable except the Z button and it's a little small, but that's the last thing I'm thinking about when playing a game. The PS2 controller is a good one, but it doesn't do to good for FPS, to loose. The big X-Box controller at first was a little wierd, but now it's my favorite, although it is horrible for Fighting games, that's where the S controller comes into play.

Linkalicious
you hit the nail on the head

venomfan
im just glad PS2 is PS2(games in all)

Daedalus
I agree with you Lag ;p People who hate the X-Box are (USUALLY) fanboys for other machines.

DracotheDragon
The original Metal Gear Solid is the best RPG of its class that I've ever played! I love it! I've beaten it 25 some times (only cuz I play the Tony Hawk series more) and I'm still in love with it. I really want to play the other MGS games, but haven't gotten around to it cuz i have no PS2, only GC.

Linkalicious
man F*ck PS2 and their games!!!! (jealousy speaking)

DracotheDragon
I like it, but I won't spend 179.99 on a system, thank you.

Linkalicious
oh that's nothing...i paid like $400 for xbox cause i got it on the 1st day and it was mailed over to me. I think the price was like $350, but shipping wasn't nice...

DracotheDragon
That just goes to show, people are ignorant, no offense.

sith_darth_jay
draco, i think you mean the MGS for ps1

well, the twin snakes is fo Gamecube, and it has both MGS1 and MGS2: sons of liberty together in one game.. so there you go, buy it and play it

now i envy draco cuz i don't have a GC and i wanna play the twin snakes

venomfan
metal gear solid 3 is gonna rock, you can wear a friggin aligator for cover

venomfan
January 15, 2004 - Today, Nintendo announced that it has succeeded in seizing Microsoft's seat in the 2003 console wars, which places the GameCube as the second best selling console for 2003 (deferring to Sony's Playstation 2). According to Nintendo, recent global sales over the holidays increased by 70 percent over 2002s numbers. Nintendo believes that it will still be able to reach its target of six million global holiday sales for the GameCube this fiscal year.

Nintendo's latest estimates for 2003 state that GameCube sales in the United States increased by 35 percent over 2002, while the PlayStation 2's sales dropped 25 percent and Xbox showed no signs of market growth. December's sales of the GameCube (thanks to the price drop) increased by 69 percent compared to December 2002. Meanwhile, Nintendo claims that the PlayStation 2's sales dropped by 30 percent and that Xbox's sales have remained unchanged.

This sales boost in the U.S. is a result of the GameCube's September 25 price drop to $99. GameCube has almost sold 6.8 million units in the U.S. since its 2001 launch. Mario Kart: Double Dash!!! is currently the fastest-selling GCN game in the U.S. -- selling over one million units in seven weeks.

"With the price drop for Nintendo GameCube and strong games across the board, we expected to have a good holiday season, but these numbers surpassed even our best projections," explains George Harrison, Nintendo of America's senior vice president of marketing and corporate communications. "Nintendo GameCube and Game Boy Advance have become the engines powering the video game industry this year."

IGN was unable to obtain official hardware sales figures to confirm or deny Nintendo's claims. However, IGN did seek an official comment from Microsoft on Nintendo's alleged ascension into second place. "According to the latest figures, Xbox maintained its No. 2 install base overall in the U.S. and Europe. Xbox had a great holiday. Holiday momentum was driven by our strong games line-up, superior online gaming service and offers at retail. We will be updating more specific figures next week when Microsoft earnings are released," stated an Xbox spokesperson.

Sony was also contacted for a statement regarding Nintendo's recent announcement. A spokesperson said, "It's difficult to comment on Nintendo's announcement this morning, especially regarding holiday sales, specifically because Nintendo didn't list any sales figures." At the time of publication, IGN was unable to verify with Sony whether the Playstation 2 suffered a 25 percent decrease in sales in 2003.

IGN will update with more information regarding Sony's, Nintendo's, and Microsoft's 2003 market shares when sales figures are released.

DracotheDragon
Cool, MGS: twin snakes sounds great!

sith_darth_jay
it is great, and hopefully MGS3 will be as good as the first, and a lot better than mgs2 sick

cgtuna21
xbox does not suck it loads fast, its games r awesome, and it's graphics r awesome. u no what sux this thread sucks

DracotheDragon
Only in ur opinion, and Gamecube will load an entire game in less than 10 seconds, so don't go there about speed LOTRfreak. Xbox's titles SUCK, and PS2's are good, but Gamecube's are the best. BOOYA!

DracotheDragon
Here's some stats on PS2, Xbox, and tadaa, the Gamecube.

-- PS2 --

1. Last in speed and Power.
2. Best line in games (not in my opinion.)
3. Intel Celeron Processor at 400 some Mhz, or so I've heard (Pentium 1)
4. Online capabilities.

-- Xbox --

1. 766 Mhz Intel Celeron Processor (Pentium 2)
2. Tons of special features
3. No good games except Halo (GTA3 and Vice City are better on PS2)
4. Joint with Rareware.
5. Online capabilities.

-- Gamecube --

1. Intel Celeron Processor at 1.4 Ghz, which is the equivalent of 1,400 Mhz, or so I've heard (Pentium 3)
2. 2nd best line of games (BEST LINE in my opinion)
3. Used to be in joint with Rareware.
4. Online capabilities.
5. Home to the Zelda series!

There are the stats of the systems (that I know of) and as you can see, I've done my research before I slam a system, so like I've been saying, Gamecube is the best system out. Period.

Lag
Draco>This isn't a "slam", as the kids say, on you, but how old are you. I'm asking this because GameCube fans tend to be younger than PS2 or X-Box fans which would explain why you prefer cartoonish games. This doesn't mean that the PS2 and X-Box don't have kiddy games, they have their share, but PS2 and X-Box gear more towards a mature audience while the GameCube targets children.

Linkalicious
Dude!?! do you konw what a stat is? your opinion is not a stat and it will NEVER be a stat. How can you say GTA 3 is better on PS2 than on xbox? its the same freaking game. I bought gamecube and the games suck di.ck with exception of maybe 5, otherwise i can get the same good games on Xbox that i can get on gamecube. Just because there is outta control hype over Halo doesn't mean it's the only game on xbox. Where do you get off saying gamecube has 1.4 ghz of anything? And gamecube doesn't load a whole game in 10 seconds. It does multiple loads just like all the other game systems. I play madden and they STILL have to load the teams and the stadium before the game starts (just like PCs do too.) So how in the flying f.uck can this POS gamecube load a game faster than a 3.0Ghz comp with over a gig of RAM? it can't, plain n simple.

And i hope....i mean i REALLY REALLY hope that gamecube would out sell the other 2 systems. Jesus it's half the price of one of them. That's the exact reason why i bought a damn gamecube, because $100 is like 1/2 a days work for me.

cgtuna21
ps2 can't load worth of shit and gamecube's controlers r terrible looking and the games suck on it draco the dragon... u dont what ur talkin bout

DracotheDragon
LAG> 16. Problem? I prefer the "kiddy" games like Spyro and Kirby and stuff, but I also like Final Fantasy 8, DOOM, Halo, Desert Storm 2: Return to Baghdad, and other mature games, I am a person who can sit back and say things like I'm a hardcore gamer because I'm willing to try all types of games, not just certain types like you, because you are too scared to admit you are just a big kid inside, btw, how old are you, 20, 30, somewhere around there. I think that I'm right, because you wouldn't bring in the fact that Nintendo gears it's games towards younger kids, but correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Gamecube have every Resident Evil game ever made (I'm a VERY big fan of this series, 2 was the best)? And, btw, Nintendo is the leader in the gaming industry, Nintendo came out way before Sony or Microsoft even thought of a gaming console. Nintendo bought the Clecovision off of a small company, Called it the NES, and WHAM! Nintnedo became the leader of the gaming industry. Mega Man was an AWESOME game series, nintendo was stupid to sell to SCEA, and so was Metriod. The gamecube controllers are the most form-fitting controllers out there, yes the z button is in a terrible spot, but otherwise its great. PS2 is second to comfort, and Xbox is just an abombination to gamers everwhere, LINKALICIOUS> And my stats are mostly correct, so don't go there. The processors for PS2 and Gamecube are what I've heard, so technically they're not my opionion, and the only opinion there was the Zelda series. LAG> The Zelda series has been rated #1 on MTV 2's Ultimate Video Game Countdown, or did you even bother to watch something like that? How anyone can call me childish without knowing me in real life is beyond me. CGTUNA21> I know EXACTLY what I'm talking about since I'm me. Gamecube is the FASTEST system out, ur right, PS2 can't load for shit, and how you can relate to Xbox being the best, when it has no good games whatsoever on it (Halo is the only good title, cuz all the other games are on another system) is beyond me. Unless you buy to play, then Xbox sux, because it only has features instead of games. EVERYONE> I stand by all of what I've said unless someone can give cold hard facts. Gamecube is the best, I'm the hardest Nintendo fan you'll ever meet, and Xbox is just a horrible system.

Linkalicious
Ummm...
1 Splinter Cell on xbox was better than ps2 and it's a great game.
2 Rainbow Six 3 is another great game.
3 Project Gotham racing has better graphics and more realistic driving than Gran Turismo.
4 Unreal Tournament online is great.
5 Amped is a great snow boarding series and it's better than 1080 because i've played them both to compare.
6 Brute Force....yet another great game.
7 Dead of Alive 3 very nice fighting game. (xtreme volleyball is the greatest)

there's 7 real quick for you, i'm sure i could find more...but i can't even seem to think of 5 on gamecube...let alone 7

Trickster
More people like it then hate it! PLus Xbox Live is amazing!

cgtuna21
draco the dragon ur just a video game *** and don't know what ur sayin. o ya xbox has no good games, let me tell u. gamecube sux, and it's only on tv jus 4 ppl 2 buy it more and did u c what linkalicious put... ya ur a dumbass u don't no what ur talkin about whatsoever so jus dont talk nemore...*******!!!!!!

Trickster
Zelda is a good game though... Anyway I rank 'em
Xbox
GC
PS2

I'm a huge fan of xbox myself(shown from my previous posts) but in no way does PGR 1 or 2 beat Gran Turismo series...Gran Turismo series is the king of racing games period...

but PGR2 is an amazing game also

ragesRemorse
yeah no racing game can compete with the GT series. All of those other games listed are of the shittiest games on xbox. xbox does have some evtertaining games though. Gamecube is the worst system out of PS2 and xbox. if your going to pay a 100$ on a gamecube why not wait another couple of weeks, save your money and get a good system like xbox or PS2

venomfan
xbox has the biggest most unorthodox shit controler i have ever seen, N64 was bad Xbox is worse, quit dissin PS2 cuase it murders Xbox. look at the sales dead last. dont gimme no crap about loading time 15 or 20 seconds oh no. at least im playing a game with some backbone snake would kick fisher's ass

Daedalus
Actually the GameGube has a custom PowerPC IBM Gekko 485 Mhz processor. Not 1.4 Ghz Pentium 3, and 1,400 Mhz is 1.4 Ghz, lol its just an easier way to say it.

So furthermore you CLEARLY haven't done your research so you say, X-Box has a superior graphics processor, superior Dolby 5.1 Surround sound for ALL its games (compared to GameCubes, Dolby Pro Logic 2) And GTA was graphicly improved vastly on the Xbox.

darkfire
Xbox all the way baby dude we got halo gta 3 and vc then we also get doom 3 and hl2 more games your crappy ps2 cant handle plus xbl is better than ps2 online cause for xbl you have a friends list but for ps2 you dont so that ruins all the fun of online play i rest my case. smokin'

darkfire
And master cheif could kill very easily solid snake cause mc has those sheilds and is stronger than any human u cant beat mc so give it up.

word Master Chief can kick anyone's ass

venomfan
good lord, master chief can beat anyone? and PS2 blows? Xbox has vice city now! you now what i had that about oh a year ago, Xbox is outclassed at least ten fold in game quality buy PS2 and the cube, thats why its sales are so friggin low

DracotheDragon
So I was wrong, but like I said, those stats were WHAT IVE HEARD! Obviously you didn't read, so don't go there about "I have no clue about what I'm talking about" shit. And linkalicious, those games were better on the other sytems. Like I said, you people would rather have features than games. Pitiful, and you people call urselves gamers.... tsk tsk tsk.... horrible....

Daedalus
"I've done my research before I slam a system, so like I've been saying, Gamecube is the best system out. Period."

Didn't research hard enough. You sound like you think you're Mr. Hardcore, more like lil Nintendo fanboy. stick out tongue

DracotheDragon
More like u r an a s s h o l e. Duh. I said that that was what I've heard, so back off.

Daedalus
Wow, I would insult you some more, but it would require itelligence on your behalf, grow up, you're just pissed because you were proven wrong.

DracotheDragon
I wasn't pissed, you just aggrivated me with the way you presented it a s s h o l e.

sith_darth_jay
i have no idea of how well Xbox is selling in the US... down here (south america) is not so good, most ppl buy PS2, most of the GC owners are kids under 12.

Xbox could turn the sells around (sony did it, when nintendo thought they were untouchable), i just don't know (i hope not) for sure

by the way...
many of you hate it when a so called FANBOY comes saying that xbox sucks and PS2 or GC is better, and then y'all start rippin' those guys appart saying (again) that xbox is best console out there... why don't you just admit that YOU ARE FANBOYS as well...or is it that only those who like PS2 or GC are fanboys, and Xbox FANS are not fanboys?

Daedalus
lol, whats the point of putting spaces between the word "assh0le"? absolutely pointless.

You know what, unless you got something smart to say, don't talk to me.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>