Lucas May do 7,8 and 9

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MasterSkywalker
i read it in my TV guide booklit today and he might start working on them 10 years after Episode III is out. but he said its a maybe just dont count your hopes up yet. we might have our selfs The Lucas we all want to back and i hope he deos do them it will take place 40 years after ROTJ Luke is an elder Jedi Like ben was in ANH and Liea as well. it will show Lukes Son and his Kid i see it now Episode 7: A New Threat where it opens up with Ben Skywalker and his wife just get back from there honymoon but they are attacked by a Sith Infotroar and Jett Li will play Darth Azreal and hes been under the guidence of the ghost of Darth Sidious/Palpatine and Han gets killed along with Lando Mara Jade and Ben gets tempted to join the Darkside tell em your guys ideas for 7, 8, and 9.

yerssot
a lot of rumors has been spread about this, and it'sn not true (normally)

Ushgarak
Yes, you need somethung quite major to give a rumour like that credibility, when you compare it to the man himself who keeps saying he's only doing six.

yerssot
certainly not with 40 years between ROTJ and the new one

Ratcat
I was told that the TV guide said that Lucas would work on 'More Movies', these are NOT STAR WARS. More likely Indy 4, amongst other things.

yerssot
isn't that already in the writing phase?

queeq
Yes, for a long time now. Several people have been writing scripts for an Indy 4. Spielberg, Lucas and Ford have agreed that they must unanimously like the script, if one doesn't there's no Indy 4. And that is still the current status. It may still go either way.

LaurenE147
I read the TV guide thing too and what he said was

"Each time I do a trilogy its 10 years out of my life. I'll finish Episode 3 and I'll be 60. And the next 20 years after that I want to spend doing something other than Star Wars. If at 80 I'm still lively anf having a good time and think I can work hard for another 10 years between 80 and 90, i might consider it. But don't count on it. Ther's nothing written, and its not like I'm completing something. I'd have to start from scratch. was more of a media thing than it was me."

yerssot
you see! no ep VIII-IX!

King Jedi
A T.V show is what we need! 90 minute specials from different time periods and showing different characters and conflicts in the Star Wars Galaxy.

Ushgarak
GL is allergic to tv since the Holiday Special.

Also, this would mean, at some point, some REALLY bad episodes. And I don't know why but that would sully the whole thing for me.

King Jedi
What about Young Indy? It was a huge success.

I know what you mean but I don't think it would take anything away from the films. As long as they stayed away from that story.

It would be great to see stroies about the Huts or Bounty hunters or stories about the Jedi and Sith before TPM.

Ushgarak
Indy Jones or not, GL had made it clear that proper Star Wars tv isn't happening in his lifetime.

King Jedi
When did he say that?

Ushgarak
A long time ago now. it was when they were pushing for t SW tv series in the mid 80's.

I don;t think he has had much reason to change his mind, though.

Ushgarak
Ok the last quote I can find about Lucasfilm and tv series is from Summer 1996. Lucasfilm said- when asked about a possible SW tv series, that George Lucas:

1. Did not think that tv could do Star Wars justice (effects and so on)
2. Did not want to saturate the market with Star Wars.

Now obviously, what with all the merchandising and so forth, what he must mean by that second comment is that he wanted to keep proper, filmed, canonical Star Wars down to a minimum.

mah
and that's positive. there was absolutely no good parts of the holiday special.

King Jedi
If there were T.V shows it would be nothing like the Holiday Special, whcih I haven't seen yet.

Ushgarak
Good Lord, they would have to be TRYING to make it crap to make any tv series THAT bad...

yerssot
I hope it will never come to a serie! that would kill it all!

mah
maybe disney gets the rights to make a star-wars-kids cartoon-series. that would be SO great roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
Really? great!

queeq
Errmm... NO!

yerssot
pessimist!

queeq
Nothing to do with pessimism. I hope it never happens.

yerssot
and now you are secretly watching Bambi big grin

King Jedi
They should make a new series of "Droids".

queeq
Now that I could live with.

Gundark
KJ - I totally agree with you on young Indiana Jones. I thought that was a great series. While it lasted.

I read the tv guide article too. (What a rip off with the R2D2 "under the dome" thing. I thought it was going to be something INFORMATIVE. Yeesh.)

I don't think George will ever do the last triology. He will be too old and I think physically, it will destory him and if he's not happy with the results, he won't want it to be the last project he ever works on before he dies. Ya know what I mean ? He will want his LASTING legacy to be what he is remembered for. Not his FINAL legacy.

LaurenE147
Star Wars's TV days ended before I was born. What is the general opinion of tham?

darth fester
Tv.executive "Hey george fancy making a star wars tv show"

George " No thanks im not interested"

tv executive "i could give you good money"

George "how much money"

Tv executive "more than you can imagine"

George"i can imagine quite a lot"

Tv executive " youll get it"

George "ok your on"

Ushgarak
It's worth noting that GL has been offered VAST amounts of money to do tv, but he still refused. Something some folks should think about, that.

Julie
Tv would be interesting but not necessarily good for Star Wars. Also, I agree that a few bad episodes would be devastating. For example, I like the x-files ( not as much as Star Wars) but several episodes aren't that great and it's kinda ruining the experience.

I've never seen the Star Wars Holiday Special. Though I understand it was awful, I would like to see it sometime.

bigsef2
if lucas does anything it will be to create a 3.5 episode, and renumber the existing movies I-VII - it seems episode III will have to cover ALOT of ground....

but we know that wont happen

Dim
True..but maybe he'll actually plan for it and make some of the elements into a big mystery..that would be hysterical..the fans would freak.

Julie
I'm not sure I could handle that kind of stress.

queeq
laughing out loud

Julie
How many years after ROTJ would Ep 7 be?

Ushgarak
In theory? To be honest, I would say between twenty and twenty five. The idea would be to keep the gap as much 'real-time' as possible so people like Mark Hamil are the right age.

Julie
Would they dream up a new threat or go with ...non- canonical Eu material like NJO....which by the way are good stories....feel free to disagree.

Ushgarak
I don't remember disagreeing.

The nature of any threat in the once-planned sequel movies is unclear. GL once said that he might publish some of the vague notes he had about the whole thing, which may give us some insight.

However, you can be very sure that it wouldn't draw on EU material. GL simply would not want to be any way beholden to other authos.

bigsef2
the only "threat" i could forsee being relevant to the script is if the Emperor is "resurrected" and Luke turns to the dark side, and HIS son has to redeem him. in my opinion, that would be foolish of GL, especially considering the prophecy of the chosen one. so, there arent goign to be any further episodes EVER

Xantos
would rather see a TV series for those.......a good quality long running series.....hopefully better in indy series.....geez

There is so much EU stuff to have fun with on a TV series......they coud really get to actually use all of the EU characters......so many side stories etc......

dare to dream!!!

Dim
Oh that would be my nightmare....I can just hear the "is the TV series canon?" questions now. roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
well? is it ... punk? big grin

queeq
Yup, SW CAN be great without going on forever you know.

Julie
Canon or not a tv series would be very very interesting.

queeq
I doubt it.

Julie
Why? You don't think it would be SW anymore?

Ushgarak
If it was episodic in nature, it would not be true Star Wars, but something rather different. I rather think this is one of the reasons GL does not want it done.

sand person no. 10
look at star trek, the films far outway the episodes, although the episodes do compliment the films.

queeq
Outweigh the episodes??????? That's nonsense. Star Trek IS a series, the films compliment the series.

And yes, look at Star Trek, we don't want that for SW do we?

yerssot
you watch Star Trek ? eek! eek!

Ushgarak
Mind you, if it WASN'T episodic in nature, and was a story broken down into parts instead, it might work. So long as it isn't just the repeated adventures of stuff happening to some guys. The Trek model wouldn't work for SW.

yerssot
because WE rule! smokin'

jedi212guy
Heck yeh!!!

yerssot
Hell yeah, I'm living my life in the fast way

- Limp Bizkit

queeq
ST not episodic???? Well, excuse me, but I've seen just about every episode one of the old series and the "story" of them all is very thin. Just about every episode can very well be seen as a single episode. The continuing story is no more than "to boldly go where no man has gone before".

yerssot
"Beam him up, Scotty!"

Julie
ST is ok...but nowhere near as great as Star Wars. Does anyone else get annoyed when people mistake ST for SW and vice versa?

yerssot
nah, I'm used to it...

Ushgarak
What's wrong with you, queeq? Who was saying that ST wasn't episodic? Certainly not me.

queeq
Sorry there, I missed the "if".

Still, please no tv series of SW.... it'd be going downhill from there.

yerssot
you need better glasses!

queeq
Why?

yerssot
nothing big grin

queeq
roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
is that all you can say?

darth fester
i think the enterprise should go it a worm hole and end up in the starwars universe and make a film of it and call it star wars or star trek

now that would be brilliant and data and c3p0 could have a fight over who is the gayest

can you imagine how great that would be

queeq
Kirk meets Luke, Spock meets Han, Kahn meets Vader??? Sounds like my worst nightmare.

And yerss, I didn't say anything.

Julie
I agree, but just for curiosity's sake who would "7" meet?????
I think a stand alone thing like that would be just plain weird.

Ushgarak
Only GL's fortunate stubborness has stopped this from happening. They've crossed Star Trek over with just about everything else in book and comic form, including Dr. Who and the X-Men. Yikes.

yerssot
That's something new roll eyes (sarcastic)

queeq
Don't worry, it won't last. roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
like your brains...
ow look, they are already gone big grin

queeq
They were never there in the first place.

yerssot
sure thing

(is it still not over 100 posts?)

Julie
Has star wars been crossed with anything yet?? I hope not those are usually dumb shows or movies.

Ushgarak
GL has complete control over that sort of thing (unlike the diffuse status of stuff like Star Trek). And he says NAY! In a big loud voice. Backed by his beard.

Actually, it;s not as if he has ever said 'Tho shalt not cross over Star Wars'. Just that GL is very limited on handing out the license, and a crossover is unlikely to make the grade.

queeq
Good commandment.

Julie
Yeah, that's very reassuring.....I can rest easy now knowing that my favorite movies won't be turned into cheesy tv shows smile

Xantos
yea but if it's done properly, we could enjoy the sw universe for a long time.....

GL should have Tim Zahn help on the tv series!!! If he did do tv, I would think it would be on cable or something TNT or something.....not a cheasy UPN or WB style....

No one wants to see a cheasy sw more than me

think about all the wasted EU material.....some of it sucks, but there are some cool ideas too...I see it happening after lucas dies and someone buys the rights to it

ToMacco
nah. . .stick to the six movies. (although I knew he'll make three more)

yerssot
the three won't happen!

queeq
Neither will the series..... I hope.

yerssot
and you believe that???

queeq
No, I hope that. (RBYP, yerss!!!!)

yerssot
Hey, I'm here to ruin your life

queeq
Got news for ya: it's not working.

yerssot
that's why I'm still around smile

queeq
Until you're old and grey.

yerssot
but the diference with you is that I'm still beautifull then!

queeq
Still? laughing out loud

Julie
Was ther ever a doubt or was it always a given....and who are we talking about anyway?

queeq
Ugly yerssy. big grin

Julie
Poor yerssot! You all ought to be ashamed of yourselves wink

yerssot
queeq just can't stand that I'm beautifull and he is the ugly ducking smile

Julie
O I see .... well don't get too impressed with yourself ok.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder....(a.k.a. the saying of the ugly big grin )

yerssot
I'm not impressed with myself, it's just the truth

Julie
Your beautiful....wonderful....just peachy keen.... roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

yerssot
hey, I AM mister perfect!

queeq
Of course and that's why we are closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.