Will Liam Neeson be in Epiosde III?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
I finally tracked down that quote of Liam Neeson's in an Italian magazine:

"I'm not in the cast of the next Episode 2, but I have heard I'll reappear in Episode 3. Since my death was unlike the death of the other Jedi I can still come back to life."

Hmm... interesting... of course, what does HE know, eh?

Of course, if Liam DOES come back, it has to set the ball rolling on the whole Jedi disappearing trick thing. It makes more sense for that to happen in III than II- no room in II, really.

Meanwhile, as longer-term posters are aware, won't Liam returning as a ghost screw up my ghost trick theory? Well, as I keep saying, if Liam is the pioneer of this thing, it may well be a different kettle of fish. Still, we'll see what happens.

mah
if he says he'll be back, I guess he will.

King Jedi
I think so too. He's said things like that a few times. I get the feeling that during TPM Lucas has told him he'll be back.

LaurenE147
Are we reallygoing to start another Qui-Gonn-coming-back debate?

Ushgarak
Well, unlike things like Jar-Jar and sabre colours, this debate is at least connected to something at the very heart of the SW universe- the ghost form.

Texas
He'll be back, he needs work rolling on floor laughing

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/ap/20011124/100664883700.html
see...................

wink big grin rolling on floor laughing big grin wink

yerssot
HE said that he will return, but at the moment of this, EpIII is still in the first draft (IF he already start writing!) everything can change!

King Jedi
I didn't like Qui-Gon at first but now I want to see him back. Strange. confused

queeq
Me so happy, Ush. wink

bigsef2
ush, what is your ghost trick theory?

Ushgarak
Luckily, bigsef, this is covered in a thread currently in the Ep. I + IV-VI area., about Qui-GOn not dispeearing, Read the lot, queeq and myself have summarised most of what we think.

yerssot
luckily he won't start all over again

Julie
Gui Gon will could come back to comfort his former padawan when Anakin turns to the dark side. A gentle ghost to tell Obi wan to pull it together and move on with his life.

bigsef2
qui-gon did not dissapear and so if he comes back it will not be as a ghost.

yerssot
the disappearing and ghost are still not related (well, it's not said so...)

Dim
I figure it's gonna happen because at the very least it would be strange to only see this thing happening in OT... I think you kind of need to see it in the prequels so it doesn't seem out of place when you get to ESB.

finti
what will he come back as then, if he comes back????

Dim
I don't know...it's a mystery laughing out loud

finti
and ghosts are not big grin laughing out loud

bigsef2
of course they are related.

finti
confused confused

bigsef2
immediately after ben dissapears, he is able to communicate with luke: "run luke run" get it? there is a direct connection

Julie
So how does one crack this case, Sherlock?

yerssot
elementry...

and still, it's not said so...

queeq
It's a riddle wrapped in an enigma.

yerssot
back to the Bat-cave, Robin!

Julie
Think...think...think....ouch...my head hurts.

yerssot
*puts a buck in Julies ear*
now, think again

queeq
All you have to do is pay????????

jedi212guy
Here's a dollar! wink wink

yerssot
I think Julie has crashed smile

queeq
Poor Julie.

Julie
I got a little cooked back there, but I'm ok.

queeq
Stay on target.

yerssot
at that slowrate, will you be able to think in time?

darthyogi
Anakin didn't disappear either, but he was there as a ghost at the end of ROTJ. I don't follow this 'didn't disappear can't be a ghost' logic.

yerssot
well, there is a whole discussion about Anakin disappeared or not...
I said he did, because his mask is IN his helmet. But that's something totally different...

Ushgarak
Keep up, DY. The whole basis of that argument is that Anakin disappeared.

Julie
just to play the devil's advocate, what if that premise is wrong?

yerssot
then we shall kill you...

Ushgarak
If Anakin didn't disappear, then we have a logical problem, because it seperates the disappearing and the ghost trick, which means they are both SEPERATE mysterious things that are plot points for Obi-Wan anf Yoda in the coming stories.

Clearly, it makes more sense for them to be linkd.

yerssot
should have gone for the killing sad

jedi212guy
Can't we just add a poll to this post and see what everyone thinks there? I think this thread is starting to wind down.

queeq
THen again, we only know from ANH that disappearing is a never before seen thing, based on Vader's response to OB1's death. We don't know if ghosts are an unknown thing, even to Anakin.

yerssot
thing is, they only appear to the one they want...

Ushgarak
Vader's comments like 'Obi-Wan cannot help him now' and so on still indicate to me that he is unaware of the ghost trick. And if Vader DID know about ghosts, then Obi-Wan's line 'Strike me down and I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine' makes no sense.

In fact, the whole feel of the piece is that Jedi ghosts are NOT normal, and that it is linked to disappearing.

yerssot
is there anyone doubting actually?

bigsef2
no. despite the flaws i perceive in TPM, its obvious that lucas did ALOT of thinking in planning these movies. he may not be a good writer or director, but he is an excellent storyteller. qui-gon did not disapear for a reason. he will not appear as a ghost for a reason. ushgarak is correct in everything he says about the dissapearing trick.

i beleive its very likely that the first time we see a jedi dissapear will be in ANH when obi-wan vanishes before vader can strike him. we will see many jedi die in these coming movies and it will shock us to see obi-wan vanish. as far as lucas' comments go about us learning the secret around this trick in the upcomming movies, in my opinion, we will hear some talk of it near the end of episode III. possibly as the jedi know they will be wiped out, and they look for options.

yerssot
it has to be a big surprise and you have to think at the end of Rotj
see! It's anakin he's good again...

Ushgarak
Thankyou, bigsef. It is very difficult, of course, to woprk out any real certainties about the disappearing thing at this stage, but I feel we can make a fairly confident statement about the general idea of how it works. Which is as I have described. I hope.

queeq
I still don't know. There is the line "OB1 can no longer help him", then again, why would he say that when the man's been dead for several years. It almost sounds like he's aware OB1 can still be around, but only occasionally as a ghost.
In the body OB1 could help, but OB1 also says "When you choose to face Vader, I cannot interfere." He could have and DID in ANH, in the body. Perhaps ghosts are not permitted to interfere in fates or destinies, maybe that's what Vader is referring to. Who knows, I still think there are possibilies that ghosts were not necessarily an unknown phenomenon.

yerssot
the reason why OB1 couldn't help him? He's dead!

"When you choose to face Vader, I cannot interfere."
When was that said actually?

queeq
ESB. When Luke leaves Dagobah.

Ushgarak
No need to over-complicate. Regardless of time passing I see no reason not to take Vader's line as read. And the way he reacts all the way through the trilogy is that Obi-Wan is GONE. Totally gone.

Like I say, if he DOES know the ghost thing, the 'Strike me down' line makes no sense at all.

queeq
Ah right. Good point. Yes, so I guess it IS related then... somehow. I still hope it's QGJ who figures out the ghost trick.

Ushgarak
Yes, some sort of QGJ angle on the whole thing would be very interesting...

Julie
very interesting.....perhaps we only need wait and the answers to our burning questions shall come to us.......

bigsef2
i guess we wont know for sure for another 3-1/2 years

queeq
GL did say this ghost thing would be explained in EpII and III. So maybe we get part of the secret in May.

yerssot
*sets Julie in fire*

is that burning enough? big grin

Ushgarak
Yeah, but at this time I cannot see the room in AOTC for asny of this to be worked on- nor WHY it would be worked on. Perhaps he has decided to shunt it all to III.

yerssot
a lot of explaining... perhaps he will leave things open, otherwhise we would have nothing to talk about...

bigsef2
i really dont think its necessary to have too much explaining on the matter. i doubt it will be a major plot point. i think it may be limited to something along the lines where yoda, obi-wan and mace are the only jedi left and mace says something like "then it is over. the jedi will cease to exist." and yoda says, "no, there is another way." probably a little more than that, but i doubt it will be a major plot point in Episode III. just enough so we understand what obi-wan is doing when he vanishes as vader goes for his head

yerssot
Vader doesn't go for his head...
you are right, no big talk neccasary

bigsef2
vader swings to behead obi-wan! he goes for his head! is my memory swiss cheese? stick out tongue

yerssot
yes it is, he doesn't go for his head, he goes for his middle

bigsef2
ill have to watch it again. maybe i just remember it that way because when obiwan dissapears, his tunic starts falling and it just looks like hes going for his head.

yerssot
perhaps....

queeq
He cuts OB1 at the middle.

I agree, bigsef, I think it will only be a remark or two about that disappearing thing. But enough to start something that can be explained briefly in EpIII.

Julie
I'm sur any little tidbit of information will be appreciated by fans with "burning questions"....and yerssot, didn't your mother ever tell you not to play with fire?

yerssot
I don't play, I burn!

queeq
Try washing your underwear then.

yerssot
sure, as long as it's not yours!

queeq
Unlike yours, mine are clean.

yerssot
and I don't want to know what made you think that roll eyes (sarcastic)

queeq
A very well known thing in the civilised world actually: detergent.

Julie
Thank goodness for that detergent....and deodorant was a good invention too...right up there with the wheel and artificial light.

yerssot
sorry that you don't have it in Holland

Julie
roll eyes (sarcastic)

bigsef2
evil face

yerssot
now now, don't mock the Dutch here!

queeq
roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
see! that's the result!

Julie
The Dutchie deserves it! smile big grin

yerssot
that we mock him?

queeq
Actually, I'm an American.

yerssot
ofcourse you are roll eyes (sarcastic)

Julie
to believe...or not to believe....that is the question.

queeq
A fact, this is.

yerssot
stop drinking queeq

queeq
I wasn't drinking.

But back on topic now or this'll be closed.

yerssot
ok, back on topic: NO

queeq
Oh look, yerss is collecting Ban Points again.

yerssot
In time I will become the Bad Master

Julie
Yerssot's got that evil look again evil face

yerssot
have I ever lost that?

queeq
Yes.

yerssot
ow ...
when?

bigsef2
now

queeq
big grin

yerssot
I wasn't online when you wrote that, so I didn't lost it, I was just not there

queeq
Anyway, off topic and over 100.

Closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.