Anakin as Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedimaster3838
I was wondering something just now and I thought I'd post it to get your thoughts. Does the galaxy not know that Anakin Skywalker is Darth Vader? Does Obi-Wan tell everyone that he killed Anakin and that this Vader is just a new Sith? I wondering that because you'd think with Leia being so high up in the government she would have heard about him being Anakin Skywalker. Now, I know she wouldn't have thought anything of it, but then she met Luke Skywalker but didn't recognize the name. My guess is that after Obi-Wan knocks Anakin into the lava pit he tells everyone that he died(Even Padme, assuming she is still alive), only Yoda can sense that Obi-Wan was lying, or maybe Yoda was there. What do you all think?

Darth Daft
Hey, excellent point, JM38. I have also wondered this myself. The way Vader reacts when Luke mentions his real name in ROTJ suggests that he hasn't used or heard anyone mention the name in quite some time.
As a matter of fact, I am almost certain that the Galaxy doesn't know that they are the same person. After Luke became famous in the Rebellion for destroying the Deathstar, almost everyone in the Alliance knew his name and they would certainly wonder if he is related to Darth. It seems a lot of Sith hide their real identities. Darth Maul may have used the face tatoos so that people he had met previously wouldn't recognise him.
And Emperor Palpatine, I think is really Sidious, who takes over the real Chancellors identity after killing him. What I mean is that Palpatine is a clone of Sidious, although without the force powers. After declaring hiself Emperor of the Galaxy, Sidious kills him and takes over his identity, pretending to be Palpatine. In other words, Sidious is USING Palpatine to rise to power and then takes a new identity.

Jedimaster3838
I have heard that rumor a lot DD. I am not sure if it will happen or not, but it would be interesting. I am pretty sure there will be one major shocker...aka ESB...either Palpatine is a clone of Sidious, or maybe its a hand maiden killed, not Padme, or something else.

Darth Daft
Sorry if you've heard the rumour, like, a thousand times. I didn't actually read it anywhere, thats just my guess of what might happen. It would make a great plot-twist coz it will affect the OT as well as the PT.

UnknownBountyHunter
More like a plot-twistER, I think the galaxy accepts the fact that "Anakin" as a former slave and Tatooine-heroine is dead, and his "evil spirit" Darth Vader took over after his "death" of his good soul. In the essence of life he is still alive but in the heart of the galaxy he is a changed person, almost pro-different.

theEviljedi
Daft,I once thought that as well but recent hints changed my mind about that.

Darth Daft
Well I'm not too sure either, but that's the one I'm sticking with for now. Plot-twists are one of those things that aren't revealed until the movie is released, so we'll have to wait a long while until we find out.

theEviljedi
That would be very interesting though.He would be the tested being before the making of the clone warriors.

Darth Daft
Yes, but then how long has cloning technology been around? According to Aldera.net the Clone Wars were taking place before TPM, so it may not be a new technology introduced in Episode 2 or 3.

Ratcat
I think Aldera.Net gave their lines twisted. How can Leia thank Obi Wan for serving in the Clone Wars with he father. Though cronologically it would work, how would you explain the lack of any references to it in TMP. Plus OB1 is a hero of the Clone Wars, he definately wasn't that in TPM.

Darth Daft
Okay then lets just say that the Clone Wars are just debates and confrontations between certain groups during TPM and is practically unknown throughout the rest of the galaxy. The Jedi may join the wars during Episode 2 and that is the point where they start to get more important and dangerous towards the status of the Republic. So in Episode 2 the main Clone Wars do indeed begin at that time, but the events had followed wars that were already going on beforehand. Obi-Wan earns his respect as a hero of the Clone Wars when he helps the Jedi win and END it. Even if someone joins a war right at the last minute if they end it and bring victory to their side then they are the hero of that war, despite only being in it for a short time.

Ratcat
In the Episode-II preview on the OT re-release Geoge Lucas states that the Clone Wars will start in Episode-II.

Darth Daft
Dang I wrote all that for nothing. sad

Ratcat
Go check out the whole report at TFN, there a lot more than just that tiny bit.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.