Strangers with Candy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

badkittykitty
has anyone watched and loved this show as much as me? I just bought the 2 seasons on dvd and have been laughing non0stop!
the statement jerri makes at the begining of each show sums up the premise...
"Hello, I'm Jerri Blank and I'm a 46-year-old high school freshman. For 32 years I was a teenage runaway. I was a boozer, a user, and a loser. My friends were dealers, cons, and 18 karat pimps. But now I'm out of jail, picking up my life exactly where I left off. I'm back in high school, living at home, and discovering all sorts of things about my body. I'm finding out that though the faces have changed, the hassles are just the same."
Jerri Blank

LanceWindu
I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!

Her Dad is hilarious, never moving! laughing out loud

And then Mr. Blackman just makes me laugh.

badkittykitty
I just woke up and watched another episode...god why did they cancel this great show?

LanceWindu
Because most people don't understand real comedy when it bites them on the ass.

burlyman
sad never ever heard of it til now... hint hint C4 wink

badkittykitty
are you saying this will bite you on the ass burly? lol...seriously if you can catch it,you might really like it...it is too funny!

LanceWindu
Watch for it on Comedy Central burly.

BackFire
Yeah, it was a good show that Comedy Central pulled the plug on.

burlyman
Im in england and I dont have sky sad

LanceWindu
Well....poo...

I'm sure there is an affiliate channel there that plays it.

roundisfunny
Jerri: "But they're just like you and me!"
Principal Blackman: "I don't care if they're just like ME and me!"

Funny stuff! I have the first two seasons on DVD; they're saying that the release of season three is pending on the popularity of the first two.

Striel
I used to watch it on Comedy Central, I didn't even know they released it on DVD.

badkittykitty
I love having the first 2 seasons on dvd..I quote it all the time!

"they all want cake!"

badkittykitty
eek!! i'm so happy I just seen this on the front of kmc...a strangers with candy movie!!yay!http://www.killermovies.com/s/strangerswithcandy/articles/3778.html

Mafia Girl
I love this show, they played a few episodes of it on Comedy Central recently and I was so glad. I heard they were making a movie or something based on the show. Anyone else seen it?

orenfan
I love it as well, I hope they make a move.

BadKitty
merged your thread with my own...nice to see theres more fans of this awesome show!

sethbloom
I love that show I've seen a few times on comedy central. Its on everyday at noon or something, or every thursday, i know i used to watch it everyday weekday on comedy central i just dont remember the time it might have been 4 or something but i have dish now and i get things 3 hours early so idk, might have changed since then.

sethbloom
did anyone realize this thread has been going on for 3 years
thats whoa!

Jackie Malfoy
That show is so strange.I shilver every time I think of it.JM

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.