Did LOTR beat TITANIC ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Punker69
On the front page of Killermovies.com you click on the message about LOTR make 200 and somethin million worldwide.And in the message it says LOTR has broken all previous records.Im wondering does that mean it beat TITANIC and if so or not what other records has it beaten and what for.

ilvorlandobloom
titanic was stupid

Punker69
no it wasnt. sad

Lord_Andres
yes it was, no battles, no gun shotin, just boring

ilvorlandobloom
the only Leo movie that is good is What's Eating Gilbert Grape. cuz Johnny Depp is in it. oh, and i guess Catch Me If You Can was good. But Titanic is just so... um ... thumb down

Camellia
Nah, the Beach was cool too - it was so strange but I like that in a film. Psycological!

big grin

Ooops, gone a little off topic here!!

Corlindel
What is a Titanic?

We can it a Titanic? It smells good? Speaks? Can I have a Titanic at home?

stick out tongue

envision
Titanic made 600.8 million, and the Two Towers made like 350 million

and titanic sux big grin

fini
lol corlindel..............

people stop bashing titantic........it was a good movie.......yeah i know i just wanted to see that thing sink more than anything else but it was good. I had a wider appeal than lotr..........too young and VERY OLD..

Corlindel
And unfortunatley the twin ship of Titanic - Gigantic - didn't sunk againt a coconut on Caribbean Sea or we will have the pleasure of two movies with people drowning...

huh

I hope the new Queen Mary II may have a long live cruising the seas.

Ushgarak
Yes, no chance of LOTR beating Titianic in the Box Office- or indeed a chance of any film doing so in the near future.

Linkalicious
when they say beat "the titanic" they mean the 1.8 billion dollar mark world wide.....and no LOTR: ROTK hasn't beaten Titanic. I'm guessing that is because ROTK has been out for 1 week and Titanic was out for several months. Just give it time and you'll probably find it at the top. Especially since i had to fork over $7 to see a damn matinee. Didn't matinee's use to be like $5. And now they don't even server popcorn in the cool little tubs, now they're in a crappy paperbag. theatres must make crazy money robbing the public like this.

SilverFighter
Nah! The only reason Titanic will never be dethroned is because of the year it came it out. Back then people didn't download movies from the internet so much. As long as movies can be downloaded on the internet there will never be a new box office champion.

Anyways Titanic was long a boring unlike, ROTK the movie was long but exciting.

Cowboyography
YES ROTK made 240 million Worldwide on opening weekend Titanic made 204 million on opening weekend ROTK RULES!!!!!!!!

Linkalicious
regarding my comment ^ i was referring to their overall sales not just their weekend total. And yes cowboyography is correct, it does in fact RULE!!!

Cowboyography
With movies like ROTK they can rob us and we happily fork over our wallets, i know i dont mind being robbed if in exchange i get aproduct like ROTK!!!!

Furiae
www.boxofficemojo.com

BurnetteBeauty1
no it didnt titanic brought in i think 1.2 billion worldwide and this one was about 200 million world wide so far

BurnetteBeauty1
i think rotk was WAY better though

ilvorlandobloom
no, it has to beat titanic!

ElvenQueen
well we all know its better than Titanic and everyone hates Titanic now and everyone will always love lord of the rings

Pipage558
titanic is not as good as ROTK! i hope that ROTK will get more money for all of the showings! big grin Titanic was jst boring though unlike ROTK which is one of the best movies of all time! thumb up

fini
people wake up and smell the money, .........dont get me wrong i love love LOTR but there is no way in hell that rotk could beat titanic at the box office( it did pull in 600 million).

More people went to see Titanic, eg my parents saw it. And i doubt that they will go see ROTK( even if my dad did read out all of tolkien's work in the late60's early 70's). THATS HOW it wouldn't catch it, ur grandmothers, aunts etc ARE not gonna see rotk so their money wont be helping its intake.
AND THERE IS only so much WE can do!!!!

Pipage558
great point fini! i never thought of that!

Member.
LOTR will probably beat Titanic.

fini
yeah 3 movies will beat it........

Member.
Yes it will.

shadow link
titanic did so well coz it was just like a cultural phenomenon, i think it will get closer than any other movie, but yeah, i know rotk is a cultural phenomenon but remember titanic actually happened and alot of people, their parent sor grandparents would have been there or something so there emotionally attached to it. so far though it is making the most money worldwide, but since it openend on wednesday it isnt beating any records now althoug it did when it opened, its beating phantom menace ( i dont care wether it was good or bad) and that made $430+

remember movies make lots of money not buy breaking records in the first days, and having the most money but by slow steady continually high amounts, titanic had a very low weekend and didnt get higher than 36mill a weekend but well, it s anumber one, its about return viewings, someone here in oz went to see it 174 times, if u want it to win kepp going to see it

FORCE EVERYONE U KNOW TO SEE IT AS MANY TIMES AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE AND THEN MORE! MORE MORE MORE (drifts off into deep thought)

shadow link
i didnt think titanic sucked by a long shot and rotk opens tomorow, next year fevruary in japan

passerby03
ROTK may not beat Titanic statistically (stress the might), but its impact certainly does. From my point of view, ROTK broke too many grounds and revolutionized how we make epic movies nowadays. I guess the fans found more substance than in Titanic. Well, it also is based from the audience. But for one who seeks action, some theme to think about, and epic-proportion performances, then ROTK did rock! For those who want a slow love story rooted on tragedy, I guess you might be on the other side of this river. But you and I agree that both movies exerted much effort and delivered a beyond par output. Some biases and opinions may just separate us. Yes, Titanic rocks...but ROTK rules!

PS: Season's greetings folks! smile roll eyes (sarcastic)

alic88
titanic has made 1.8 billion worldwide and 600 million in us. no chance that rotk will beat it. n e wayz it has the power 2 become the second movie ever 2 gross 1 billion. which is quite an achievement itself

Lady Ellie
But you never know...anything can happen!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.