What about a movie for "The Hobbit"?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr. Football
ive heard PJ didnt say no when asked about "the hobbit" movie....any word on any of that buisness? i think it makes sense to make the movie because it really does donate alot of information to the LOTR trilogy...as being someone who read the LOTR books first then the hobbit, it would have definitly helped to have seen the hobbit first....so maybe PJ could make it for all of those silent fans of LOTR who have no idea wtf is going on when Gandalg whispers to a moth and a huge eagle comes from the sky....that one came out of left field haha....however i dont think they should make the hobbit for quite some time....from a marketing perspective that would be bad news, looking like a desperate ploy for more money...but to really cash in and at the same time delight fans, i say wait five years, produce for two and then have it out in 8 to 10 years....sound decent enough to anyone else? i reckon so

Mr. Football
oh yes comments are welcome

Camellia
I read somewhere that he IS making the film, after King Kong...but who knows?

Linkalicious
I'm like 85% sure that I read he's signed on to do the movie. I know for a fact that he wants to do it, i'm just not completely clear whether or not the deal was signed. *shakes fist in air and curses stoner memory!!*

Exa
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f34/t21467.html

Mr. Football
well thankye

SKAliv
He can't, as much as he'd love to. The book doesn't have movie rights sad. I guess we'll just have to watch the trilogy over and over and over and over...

--Liv

Cowboyography
Ian Mckellan said he would do the Hobbit for free if thats what it took to get it done, ill try to find the article and post it here

sauron
he WANTS too, but cant get rights

ElvenQueen
They wont give him the rights to it...stupid fat people.

sauron
although i think its going to be made because ian was being interviewed on T.V over here and said

interviewer: well im very upset that theres no more lotr, i mean what do you plan to do now that you have moved on from P.J and tolkien

ian: well next chrismas you will have king koing from p.j which andy serkis is in, and after that you can see me again in the hobbit which will be out in.....
interviewer: so there WILL be a hobbit film
ian: oh F**K, i mean if you keep your nose clean you will se us in the hobbit, *went disturbingly silent*

enya
im not good with knowledge on rights and stuff so who exactly wont give him rights is it tolkiens next in kin or the publishers or what?

ElvenQueen
I heard it was Tolkien's kin... I heard they hate the movies... but it could just be a rumor.

enya
hate the movies WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTT
THEY RULE

but it could jus be a rumour in dat case im over reactin

sauron
christopher tolkien, he says the movies are ok but screen and was not best pleased with lotr

wizzee
yep Sauron is right. Its chris tolkien that has the rights and he wasnt completly happy with the big screen adaptation. i think he may end up selling the rights but they will need to offer a lot more mone. i also think he is unhappy that he didnt get anything out of lotr as it was sold by jrr years ago for a really small sum of money as jrr said he cant see it making a good film.

enya
what eva money they have they shud give it to him , the fans need more LOTRs

it cant be over, no , i wont believe it

SKAliv
I don't think it's JUST Chris Tolkien. I believe it is the whole Tolkien Estate. So it's a little harder than just convincing one guy. Sadly, I don't think it'll ever happen.

--Liv

enya
it wouldnt be the same anyway but i would still like it to happen i have hope but only a fools hope ps i say dat far to much

lkotbr33
a hobbit movie by pj would kick ass though theres not even a real one just a crappy animation

enya
i didnt even bother lookin for that version to watch

theres ps 2 game of the hobbit i will have to try it out i dont spose any1 has it

lkotbr33
ive only seen a little of it, the game looks o.k.

enya
ive got TTTs ps 2 and dats it and ive only just started it im plannin to get more ps sorry off topic again!

lkotbr33
i dont have n e of them i will them eventually

enya
one day

lkotbr33
when they r less expensive or they have a whole trilogy game

SKAliv
there WILL be a trilogy game coming out sometime in 2004.

enya
yeah, damn it i just brought the TTTs game

lkotbr33
oh well ill wait til then then

Bar-en-Danwedh
all involved want to do it.
New Line owns the rights to make it, but the people who did the cartoon a while back own the rights to distribute it.
so that's where the struggle lies...

sentinelrv
So Christopher Tolkien doesn't have anything to do with it? It is just those stupid cartoon peoples fault?

What is in The Hobbit anyway? Is it an adventure more like FOTR or is there big battles in it like ROTK, well not as massive as that.

BurnetteBeauty1
what was "The Hobbit" about anyway?

Smodden
Dwarves Gold ,, wine barrels elves dragon, a river vilage, hobbiton, burglers, gandalf, wolves, orcses, mountains, caves, gollum, riddles,magic ring, finding yourself, and talking eagles.

there you go Charlie Brown that's what The Hobbit is all about...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.