Movie Forum Requests

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Raz
I think its time we expanded the Movie Discussion forum into more specific forums. This will enable people to go and discuss particulars about a specific movie without the clutter of other movie discussions.

What film/genre would you like to see a dedicated forum for?
Please make you requests and comments here.

ToMacco
Just the basics, Raz
-comedy
-drama
-horror
-b films
-actors/actresses

Ushgarak
We'd need somewhere for general movie info as well, of course- like those polls I post sometimes.

ToMacco
I agree. General film should be a category.

I really like the idea of expanding the movie forum. This site is for movies in general, and it seems Star Wars is the only film that receives any attention.

Ushgarak
As I think we have said before, To, two of this forum's three affiliates are Star Wars sites, and it was set up as a Star Wars forum.

But an expansion would be good anyway.

ToMacco
Right on

Texas
Well Raz,.........
We should have a special forum for Bjork's 'Dancer in the Dark'
and then we should have special forums for every motion picture that features a song from the Smashing Pumpkins.
Then you could make a 'Other Forum' where we could post about rift raft movies roll eyes (sarcastic)
big grin rolling on floor laughing big grin

.........but seriously,
I think that instead of having a bunch of movie forums, we should have one for new releases, and another one for older movies smile

ToMacco
Genre (drama, horror, ext. . . ), classic, new, actors/actresses.

Machine
i agree witt tomacco totally. we should also have a director board also

Texas
But if you make severals Forums, each will only have a couple of threads

ToMacco
No no no! We've got to expand! Think bigger and better Tex!

Texas
I dont know.........They will probably end up like the 'Humor Forum' wink

ToMacco
Well, think about that. We have like five or six cateogorys for six movies. Humor, books? Trivia? What is all that crap?

We should have a broader Movies forum. Think how much more we cold babble about. smile

Texas
Hmmmm, well I'm sure whatever Raz decides to do will be just smashing cool

ToMacco
Raz can kiss my yellow square ass! big grin wink wink

yerssot
I suggest we kick To big grin
nah!

Good idea Raz!

I say:

drama
humor
action
horror
cast
crew
general

ToMacco
Raz seemed to have dropped off the face of the Earth. confused

King Jedi
Reviews
General
Then a board for people that make movies or write them.

yerssot
Raz hasn't disappeared! He's helping me with something, so he's still around; don't worry!

ToMacco
Don't lie. You killed him, didn't you yerssot? big grin

LanceWindu
Don't forget to add a Sci-Fi section.

Raz
I'm still here.

I'm going to wait a little longer so more people can make suggestions.

yerssot
I think all is said already...

Raz
yerssot, *thank you* for that VERY thoughtful and constructive comment. roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
no problem man! I'm here to help

Dim
Personally..I think you should only have a 2 or 3 more forums so that it doesn't seem like it's too spread out..and it can keep growing at a nice rate.

Drama/Documentry
Comedy
Action/Horror

Something like that.

yerssot
perhaps horror and drama togather?

King Jedi
Why split them up into different genres? It will just lead to arguments about where films should be.

mah
when I think about it maybe the wisest thing to do, is split it into:

1:new films (recently released and future films)
2: old ones (who has been out there for a while)
3:actors and directors

this way it won't be too many parts (which would result in very few posts on some), but makes it better arranged.

Ushgarak
Hmm. This is going all over the place now.

I'd still like somewhere to post stuff like polls.

Splitting into genres will, indeed, end up with things either spread too thinly or compalints about the genre split.

A film trivia area may not go amiss.

All I need is:

1. A reviews section
2. A Movies discussion section
3. A trivia section. This can go into discussion if you want to just split it in two.

Machine
trivia woulfd be a greta idea but i know the questions wouild be quite blande and stupid nothing interesting

yerssot
but there will be almost no answer with the trivia-section... remember not all films are popular in the whole world...
exapt SW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!

Ushgarak
I submit, yerss, that if we think there is enough movie interest here to warrant exdpanding the movie zone, then there is interest enough for film trivia. So long as some common sense is used.

yerssot
yes, that's true but what I ment is, if you ask a question about "Everybody famous", you can wait months to get an answer...

Raz
From the responses, it seems that there are 3 ways to expand the movie forums. Per Movie Forums
Genre Forums
Reviews, Discussion, Trivia ForumsUnless you guys have more suggestions, I will create a poll and let forum members decide which option they want.

mah
I think that's okay.

ToMacco
That sounds good, I guess.

yerssot
let the voting begin!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.