damn fool idealistic crusade

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bigsef2
what does everybody think the 'damn fool idealistic crusade' (sounds good that way, doesnt it?) is that obi-wan takes anakin on in EpIII? its obviously the reason Anakin leaves Tatooine and eventually allows him to succumb to the dark side. Its something Owen obviously didnt think was worth fighting for.

ToMacco
Interesting

Venom
Maybe that "Idealistic crusade" Obi-Wan talked about was, that he wanted Anakin to give up his and Amidala's safety and also his peaceful life to go on fighting against the too powerful dark side?! I could imagine after Ep2 Anakin and Amidala live together on Tattoine or whatever and then Ob1 comes and wants him to fight - U know, Anakin betrayed the Jedi's rule not to love. So he probably chose at the end of Ep2 to end his JEdi-life and become a simple man on Tattoine.

bigsef2
youre dead on about where anakin and padme live at the beginning of episode II and that he leaves the order. I am wondering if the idealistic crusade ben asks for anakins help on is fighting dooku and his separatists or something more 'idealistic.' fighting a group of people whove decided they want their own government isnt really 'idealistic.' im wondering if by the beginning of Episode III, the clones have turned on the republic and thats why been needs anakins help.

yerssot
I think the damn fool idealistic crusade is perhaps the Clone Wars part II;
after they discovered that clones were bad...

jedi212guy
(in monotone brainwashed voice) Clones are our friends...They are good...They help the Republic...

yerssot
hey! I'm a Jedimaster, mind tricks don't work with me!

bigsef2
think any of the storm troopers in ANH, ESB, and ROTJ are clones?

Ushgarak
Lots of speculation about that. I don't think so, myself.

bigsef2
either some of them are storm troopers or SOMETHING "BAD" happens to ALL of them in Episode III. now that would be nice to see.

ToMacco
perhaps Owens comment was just about Anakin going off to become a Jedi in general.

yerssot
about that storm troopers thingie:
yeah, some of them are... a lot will be destroyed when we arrive in ANH but I think there will be cloned ones running around...

jedi212guy
If they are clones, they aren't the originals. I bet they find a way to speed the clones to maturity. Thus they have a shorter life and aren't alive when ANH begins.

yerssot
if they can speed it up, why can't they slow the aging after maturnity down?

Ushgarak
Hmm. See, the problem with speculating about cloning is that you can reach more or less ANY conclusion. It's such a sci-fi thing (and I mean that; GL's clones will bear as much resemblance to real life science as his spaceships do- you can recognise them as spaceships, but realism isn't his prime concern...), and when it comes to sci-fi things, anything goes. Can we really predict what is in GL's mind here? I doubt it.

bigsef2
well if you look at it that way, theres no reason ALL the storm troopers in the OT arent clones. CANNON doesnt say they are conscripted from Imperial worlds. Besides, remember Leia's comment to luke when he comes to rescue her: "youre a little short for a storm trooper." if the stormtroopers were regular people, wouldnt they be different sizes. Luke's not THAT short where he would be too short to meet some height requirement. this makes me think Leia said that because storm troopers are ALL the same height. That implies that they are ALL jango clones.

Ushgarak
Mark Hamil is, in fact, a bit short to be in the armed forces. That comment stands as it is.

We have no reason to think the stormtroopers ARE clones; I'd really like a bit of proof that they are.

bigsef2
not to disagree, but hes 1.7 meters tall, which i think is about 5'4 or so. stormtroopers are technically just infantry. height isnt too big of a concern. besides, we dont have any cannonical reason to think theyre NOT clones. unless the jedi destroy all palpatines cloning facilities, the design plans, the technology, and the scientists that have knowledge to create them, why WOULDNT palpatine continue to use an army of clones. Its cheaper and theyd definately be more loyal.

Ushgarak
It's not up to me to prove that they are not clones; it is up to others to prove that they are.

And it is not impossible that all cloning facilities were destroyed. We don;t know how the Clone Wars pan out.

And five foot four is DAMN short for a soldier!

bigsef2
but if the jedi destroyed all the facilities, palpatine would just create more. and since theres no official source saying one way or another, its equally important for one person to try to prove they are clones, as it is for someone else to disprove it.

i mean, what reason does anyone have to think they ARENT clones? none. theres also no cannonical reason to prove that they are. YET. I think we will find out by the end of Episode III, where the storm troopers come from

yerssot
I say that 6 feet is good enough for a Stormtrooper (= 1m 80)

george lucas
If had the technology to clone something i wouldnt clone people id clone wookies, their much bigger and stronger it doesnt make sense does it. That galaxy is full of diffrent creatures and they decide to clone people.

thats stupid

yerssot
that's because the emperor didn't liked aliens, only humans

jedi212guy
That's part of reason the whole galaxy rebels against him.

george lucas
ok so what was darth maul he wasnt human

finti
Humanoids are probably ok for Palpy

yerssot
yeah, humanoids are like humans... and as far as I know Thrawn was the only exaption (and even that's EU)

finti
so count that one out.

queeq
Poor old Thrawn...

yerssot
Poor old DEATH Thrawn

queeq
No, poor old DEAD Thrawn. big grin

Julie
I don't think the Emperor would clone humans....he has enough trouble controling the galaxy as it is.

queeq
And what do you think the clones in AOTC are? They are clones based on Jango Fett, he looks pretty human to me.

yerssot
nitpicker big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.