anakins mother must die in ep2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hate
going from all the trailers, anakins mother must die in ep2. you don't see her at all ain any of the trailers and at the end of the one of the trailers anakin screams no in anger. i think this would be a good explanation as to why he misuses the force and takes hios steps to the dark side. ie getting revenge with anger "letting the hate flow" so to speak. I think it would a good story line as his love for his mother was picked up by the jedi council. who knows watto may get fried as could a few other huts

queeq
There already is a thread about this topic. Please add your comments to the thread "Padme must die in EpIII!!!!".

Edit:
OOOOOH, sorry, read that wrong.

Shmi will die in Ep2, she gets killed by Tuskens who get then slaughtered by Anakin.

hate
not too sure about the tuskens ?. From the trailer it isn't really clear who he's cutting down. but if that is true and he does slaughter a whole tribe that would be excellent. Personally i think he is striking a sith down in anger. In rotj the whole dark side conversion was based on striking down vader in anger and hate.

peluffo
i think the sith is not the trick, but using anger and hate to make you more accurate in your attack, really gets you to the dark side!

Also I've edited the trailer FL with adobe Premiere 5.1 and worked in the very last frame, and there was revealed that the tusken is the aim of anakin's cut. The figure is blurred but is evident the tusks in the head of the victim

bigsef2
its all in the scriptment and on this website. theres really no discussion to be had about the fact that she dies. its pretty much fact.

Julie
Poor, poor Ani....sniff....all alone w/ o him mother. Guess he'll have to turn to Obi-Wan or Padme for the strength to keep on living.......or he could just turn to the dark side.

yerssot
ok, the death of his mother is a reason to turn but he was tricked, so there should be another reason

bigsef2
his being tricked could be his mothers death. the tuskens might not have been the ones to kill her....

Julie
You're saying Ani was tricked into becoming a dark side, forceweilding, officer-choking, bad guy because he was tricked????

Ushgarak
Indeed. You can't 'trick' someone into being evil, of course. to turn of his own free will- the 'tricked' part will be the events that lead up tohim making this decision.

finti
Damn Ush sometimes you put it so well I cant dissagree with it even if I wanted to, and you know I want to evil face

Julie
That's one scarey little green smile ya got there.

queeq
I agree with Ush though. It was clear from TPM that Anakin's weak spot was his mother. So therefore, his feelings for her can help Palpy make him turn. After all, it was the Jedi that took him away from his mother, so he wasn't there to protect her when she needed him. Sounds like a plausible story to trick someone, no?

Julie
He has always dreamed of getting away from Tatooine, and Anakin made the choice to leave. It's not like the Jedi kidnapped him or anything.

Ushgarak
He was still unwillingly seperated from his mothjer, though, which is a central theme of it all. He was convinced it was the right thing to do by Qui-Gon; I think in time he will come to blame the Jedi for making him make that choice.

Twisted, maybe. But then he IS twisted and evil...

queeq
That's what I meant. It's easy for someone like Palpy to paint that picture for an angry and disappointed Anakin.

Julie
Palpy would do anything for power....he'd have sold his own mother to jawas to get a little more power. Tricking a young man is child's play to the lightning bolt throwin' emperor.

yerssot
ok, Palpa is not from Tatooine, so why would he sell his mother to Jawas??

Julie
Not literally!.....i was talkin' about the principle of the matter....Palpatine would do anything for power. (Don't read too much into it.)

Ushgarak
I think yerssot was joshing there. I hope so, anyway.

yerssot
euhm....
yeah! I was joshering around big grin

queeq
You can slap him, Julie. We won't tell. evil face

ToMacco
laughing out loud laughing out loud

yerssot
You're lucky I don't slap girls!
OK OK, queeq is the exaption

queeq
What's an exaption? I've never been called THAT before. laughing out loud

Ushgarak
Belgian swear word, queeq. Very nasty.

yerssot
well, I don't have a Webster's here!

queeq
You don't seem to have much of anything. big grin

yerssot
let me see...
stinky cheese from Holland, windmills... nope big grin

Julie
You guys are strange, but I guess that meke you all top notch star wars fans wink

queeq
What kind of fans? big grin

yerssot
what's star wars?

queeq
Yes, what is that?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.