Dogma

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CandyKoRn
Owns.... stick out tongue

julibug
metatron rules!

plenTpak52
Dogma is awesome. All of the Jay & Silent Bob movies are

herbie
i totally agree! I've got most of the Jay & Silent Bob films , Kevin Smith is the king!
Dogma was an ace film, i love Alan Rickman!

ragesRemorse
DogMA YES. Buddy christ kicks ass

blakangel
"We figure an abortion clinic is a good place to meet loose women. Why else would they be there unless they like to f**k? "

I love Dogma..totally hilarious...

big grin

lukeyduckey
Dogma is a great film.
Kevin Smith, Matt Damon, Jason mewes, Jason Lee, Chris Rock, Alan Rickman, Salm Hayek what a cast!!

BackFire349
Dogma's awesome, yes.

badkittykitty
yes!!!

ragesRemorse
i have the buddy christ dashbowrd buddy. Now i just have to get a car to go with it. Thats the only reason i want a car so i can attach buddy christ dashboard buddy

badkittykitty
LOL thats fabulous !!! i wish I had one

Evil Dead
#1. Dogma does indeed own...........

#2. I've never seen a bad View Askew flick.......all of Smiths movies are great......Vulgar is great.....A Better Place is great........they know what they are doing up there in N.J.

#3. I have a Buddy Christ dashboard statue.............I have it mounted in my Mustang.

#4. Dogma is not a Jay and Silent Bob movie.......it is a Loki/Bartleby/Bethany movie...........the only Jay and Silent Bob movie is called Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. I'm so happy that movie was made so Smith will no longer have to waste his brilliance writing dialogue for those clown shoes.

#5. Looking forward to Jersey Girl........will be nice to see a View Askew movie without those retarded Jay and Bob characters.

#6. Who's looking forward to Fletch Won? Smith is supposed to be done with the script by now. Too bad Lee isn't playing Fletch now......he would have been great. He even looks like a younger Chevy Chase.

ragesRemorse
I have high hopes for jersey girl. Dogma is a small example of what happens when smith gets even the slightest Urge to make a more serious film. Smith makes the funniest films, I'll miss seeing a jay and bob cameo, but they became to well liked and popular to keep on as a trademark.

Evil Dead
They are retarded.......period. They add nothing to the movies........

Jersey Girl isn't going to be too serious..........still a comedy. I'm thinking it'll be like Chasing Amy......funny, but in a more serious way. Don't look for too many dick jokes in it.

BackFire349
I have to object to Vulgar being great.... That movie was different, I'll give it that, but it didn't know what the hell it wanted to be.

Thing_1
Dogma is awesome!I just rented that and I can't wait to watch it.......again.

ahaetrkarykl
ive got buddy christ on my dashbord. its great. i have him angeled at me so he's pointing at me with the thumbs up while i drive. he protects me. dogma is a kick ass movie. Religious humor is definately the best

lukeyduckey
Dogma was the first Kevin Smith movie i saw...and now i love them all!!
Fav line
"You masturbate more then any other man"
"Hell everyone knows that, tell us something we don't know"
"When your doing it you thionking about guys!!!!!"

Evil Dead
On the train when Jay wakes up during the fight scene after Rufus discovers Bartleby and Loki:

Jay waking up: "I didn't cum in you Pete I swear"........

sugarxen
great movie!...i have in playing right now in the background....got to love lazy saturdays smile

roberto
top class, expessally if youre a lapsed catholic!!
"If I had a dick id go get laid!!
We can do the next best thing,
oh yeah, we can kill people,
(woman spits coffee)
oh not you!!!"
ps bad kitty kitty,
go to viewaskew.com and you can buy youre own buddy christ!!!

ahaetrkarykl
yay buddy christ! everyone should keep one handy

lukeyduckey
lol i love that line with the laid and killing people. Matt Damon rules lol

Hypernova
I love that movie!! laughing out loud laughing out loud

rock rock

Tela<3sHaldir
Has anyone seen Dopgma? Are ther any other Dogma fans out there?

Pipage558
Dogma was great! GO JAY AND SILENT BOB! they are my favorite characters in that movie! it was really funny in a perverted way but still funny!

Tela<3sHaldir
I liked the demon triplets and Loki. Matt Damon was perfect to play him.

kalantiaw
dogma was a great movie... i brought it in to work one weekend and one of my co- workers said he couldn't stand it... too much cussing... i'm like what the f*ck man..? too much cussing..? get the f*ck outta here!!! then he stormed off laughing out loud ...

anyways, absolutely great movie...

Tela<3sHaldir
Glad I wasn't the only one

fini
lol dogma was great,

Pipage558
Yeah they were funny too! but im jst a big jay and silent bob fan thats all! Happy Dance

Wolfie
I love Dogma and all the Jay & Silent Bob movies.

Pipage558
YAY ME TOO!

ahaetrkarykl
i love dogma. i bought a buddy christ action figure. he sits on the dashboard of my car and watches over me

Evil Dead
Dogma is indeed a great movie. I know Jay and Silent Bob have their fans.........but I think the movie would have been much better without them. Kevin should have written in another set of characters to play the prophets. The low brow Jay and Bob comedy just ruins a great movie with a good message. Clerks was low brow in general......so was Mallrats, Jay and Bob fit seemlessly into the movies. There was no need for them to make an appearance in Chasing Amy and there was no need for them in Dogma. Other than that......the movie is great. I too have a Buddy Christ dashboard statue that watches over me.

Silvermane
smokin' Whoa! I think this sh*t just kicked in..... What the f**k?

ragesRemorse
Dogma was a great movie. Though i think chasing amy had better dialogue I think Dogma had the most challenging and rewarding humor. Kevin smith is the man.

Dogbert
i saw this the other day, and i saw ben affleck and matt damon starred in it and i rolled my eyes to it, but when i saw it, i was susprsed by how good it was. i really enjoyed this movie.

LanceWindu
Dogma is great.

The giant poo monster takes the cake.

Kevin Smith needs to make even more films.

I can't wait to see his newest, Jersey Girl, starring Ben Affleck.

Gotwa
Dogma - thumb up
Clerks - thumb up
Chasing Amy - thumb up
JaSBSB - thumb up
Mallrats - thumb up

LanceWindu
I still need to see Chasing Amy...

But I hear great things.

Also Clerks is a cult classic in my eyes. Clerks the cartoon series should never have been canceled!

Evil Dead
" and i saw ben affleck and matt damon starred in it and i rolled my eyes"

Why would you roll your eyes? The only movies I can think of off hand that both Matt Damon and Ben Affleck have played in together are:

Chasing Amy - great movie
Dogma - great movie
School Ties - great movie
Good Will Hunting - great movie
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back - so/so movie

BackFire
I didn't care for Chasing Amy, the first 15 minutes were great, but then it got kinda dramatic, which isn't what I was expecting from a Kevin Smith movie.

wicker_man
I throughly enjoyed Dogma, it was the first Kevin Smith film i saw and it remains my favourite, the cast are exceptional Rickman, Rock, Florientino, Hayek, Lee even Affleck and Damon give good performances. I have now seen them all and agree Chasing Amy is probably the poorest entry into this exceptional series Clerks and Mallrats are brilliant and Jay and Silent Bob is good for a laugh what with the in jokes and celeb cameos.

LanceWindu
The cameos are the best!

Good Will Hunting 2 Hunting Season

tabby999
it was s incredibly well thoght out (dogma) with Smith making his points in so many ways
and chasing amy had a crap ending. it was saved only by a handfull of moments of Kevin Smiths genius humor

ragesRemorse
well his genious humor wasnt enough to give you a full movie huh

bridget firth
all kevin smith moments are genius!!!! he seriously rocks, all his films are fantastic. Did anyone see An Evening With Kevin Smith on DVD where he went around Uni's? it was fantastic!! they even brought Jay on!!

LanceWindu
Yeah!

I watched that DVD!

It was great.

bridget firth
yay someone else that has actually seen it!! i loved the prince story! i could listen to him talk all day, they just seem like just such cool guys

LanceWindu
My sister knew how much I loved Kevin Smith movies, so she rented it for me, so I watched it...he seems like a great guy to be friends with.

LanceWindu
Oh and the story about his first time having sex with his wife was painful yet hilarious!

Gotwa
O.O I forgot Good Will Hunting. D:

Darth Vicious
I also like Dogma along with all of Kevin Smiths movies, they are great and funny, Chasing Amy is one of my favorites also.

Gotwa whos that girl in ur sig????

bridget firth
Chasing Amy is my favourite KS film - you guys seen vulgar? and Jay in drawing flies? (i think that's what it's called, is downstairs and am in bed, far too far away!!)

Kes
Please ppl keep this on Dogma.
Thanks.

bridget firth
oklies sorry dude. didn't know if it warranted a KS thread though.

i LOVE the bit in Dogma where jay is talking about John Hughes films in the cafe - guess what there is no sherma illinois hhehe

SlipknoT
dogma is my favorite kevin smith movie.

Evil Dead
Vulgar is a great movie.........Brian Johnson should write/direct more pictures........

Drawing Flies is horrid......horrid I tell you. The only saving grace in the entire movie is Jason Lee's performance. Jason Mewes should not try to act, because he can't. He can pull of the Jay character....but that's only because it's not really acting. Kevin wrote the character based on the real Jason Mewes. I watch my Drawing Flies dvd once in a while...only to see Lee's good performance.

The best View Askew movie ever made has to be A Better Place. It's funny how Askew was started by Kevin......and he is the star film maker of the company, but he didn't even make the best film produced by the company.

As far as View Askew movies go......I'd have to rank them in the following order:

1. A Better Place
2. Clerks
3. Dogma
4. Vulgar
5. Chasing Amy
6. Mallrats
7. Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
8. Drawing Flies

Jersey Girl is looking to be decent........but I'm not expecting much. I'm really waiting for Fletch Won..........I think Kevin will do a great job with the franchise. I think Fletch Won will probably trump the previous two films easily.

BackFire
Vulgar was kinda all over the place, definately unique though.

Kes
Dogma ppl! Dogma!

bridget firth
ok guys i started a discussion thread on KS, so we don't get OT on here. i can't post the link though until i've been around a bit (no puns pls boys stick out tongue ) so it's in the movie discussion section under The Genius That is Kevin Smith (and friends). hope that's ok

.......back to your regularly scheduled thread

DOGMA ROCKS!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.