mace windu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bigsef2
what does everybody think about his role in the upcoming movies, specifically epidode III? he is the first jedi lucas created, so obviously he must be VERY important to how things pan out at the end of Episode III.

in my mind, that makes his role one of two things: a villian, or a hero. more specifically, since hes head of the council now (and if you disagree that hes not the head, i dont care, thats not what im here to debate) either he betrays the council, the jedi, and the galaxy, or he saves it.

personally, i disagree with the speculation that hes a sith in hiding, for a number of reasons. i think somehow he sacrifices himself to save the the galaxy, pave the way for the rebellion, and possibly something directly having to do paving the way for luke.

LaurenE147
I think that possibly he's going to give himself up so obi-wan can get the twins away or something. I thinnnk tha Vader is definitely going to kill him.

bigsef2
so youre thinking a big duel where mace buys yoda and ben time to escape?

JediOasis
Yeah, I think mace, yoda and obi-wan will be standing around with Padme and the kids and they know that Vader is coming to kill them. Mace tells them to all escape and he will face Vader. Lucas could even bring back the Yoda line "If you honor what they fight for" from Yoda in ESB. Mace as head of the Council would sacrifice himself for the greater good. It could be a great scene.

sand person no. 10
firstly, he is not head of the council i have not seen this proven anywhere, secondly perhaps he will betray that council without any of them knowing and then he will redeem himself by fighting vader.

yerssot
ok sp10,
there is another thread about who's head... (not going in on that!)
and for crying out loud!!! There is NO traitor in the JC! There is someone who knows the sith were back!

bigsef2
if mace is not the traitor, then he is the hero. and he must do something EXTREMELY heroic, if hes the first jedi lucas created when he wrote the original trilogy. i agree that he will sacrifice himself in some manner similiar to what noel said.

LanceWindu
It would only make some sense if Mace is not a sith in hiding. There are only two sith at a time. And we already know the sith in the upcoming movies.

jedi212guy
I think that Mace will be in one of two awesome lightsaber fight scenes in Episode III. (If there were more than two I think the movie would get a little repetitive.) He will definitely save lots of people. Sam just too much of a nice guy to go around betraying people. He's supposed to be a likeable character. Just think how annoying it would be to watch him in TPM and AOTC and say, "Wow, I hate his guts."

bigsef2
GL has never really had a character "turn" on us in star wars. no reason for him to start now.

ToMacco
Isn't Mace Yoda's apprentace?

Ushgarak
Not that we know of.

yerssot
but wasn't Yoda the one who trained everyone?

Ushgarak
Not exactly what To meant, I think.

yerssot
ok, but what I ment was...
is Mace trained by Yoda?

Ushgarak
Well, I get the feeling that Yoda hasn't personally trained anyone in quite some time. But it's not impossible, I guess.

yerssot
but he still trained those "juniors" right?

Ushgarak
Yes, but that wouldn't be 'personal' training, would it?

yerssot
nope, but still he gave a part of his life away to them...
must be quite frustrating to know that there could be some of them not completing the training though

Ushgarak
Oh, he's a laid-back being...

yerssot
I agree, as soon as I've checked my dictionnary

castortroy
Mace will take on Vader. Pop a cap in his ass but buy the farm in EP3.

Would be cool if he made it Dagobah though:

Yoda: "Hmmm, Mace, your food, it is ready..."

Mace: "Hey Yoda man, you know I don't be digging on no swine.." big grin

yerssot
ok, and they say I take prozac!

King Jedi
I still think he is going to be a bad guy. Not a Sith and maybe not evil. I think he'll just make some bad choices and end up on the wrong side.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.