Asfaloth.........

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

feanorlp
I forgot who Asfaloth is... I know he's a horse, but which horse is he? It's driving me nuts!!!!!!!!!!

Ariadne
Asfaloth is Glorfindel's horse that Frodo rides to Rivendell.

Aurora
Even the horse had a much larger part in the Book than the movie. See Liv stole the horses glory too.! j/k

Ariadne
Yeah, the poor horse didn't get any glory in the movie.

Aurora
They should have let Glorfindel at least u know say "Hey, I could have saved u, but I was cut out." and "OH by the way that was my horse, smart little thang ain't he?"

Corlindel
It was a bad surprise to see Glorfindel's - and Asfaloth - scene cut on FOTR, with Arwen stoling the scene from him and from Gandalf too.

But Ok. Everyone like Liv as Arwen.

Aurora
I understand the cut, but it is still sad!

Corlindel
yeap

Ariadne

Aurora
LOL

fini
why did you come here and ask???..........all you had to do was to search it on any search engine.

Aurora
She came and ask us because we are such knowlegeable, charming, wonderful, beautiful, devoted, slightly crazy LOTR fans. And we know all, see all, and hear all.

Or maybe it was because she was lazy and didn't want to look around.

Either one will work.

feanorlp
I'm a he....... not a she Aurora...... but thanks for the answer... that one was killing me.

Aurora
My bad!!! Wasn't paying attention to what I wrote!!! embarrasment embarrasment

Corlindel
We are a search engine smile

Corlindel
...Personal, critic and emotional search engine stick out tongue

Ariadne
That sounds like a pretty good reason for me! But I would go to the Encyclopedia of Arda first myself.

Aurora
We're alot more beautiful!

nazgulinthedark
eek! HA!!
most people think ima a guy!

thats kinda funny i think!! hahaha! no offence though

Member.
lol.

feanorlp
None taken... smile

nazgulinthedark
big grin k

Kitoky
Nazgul's horses are sooooooo much better!!!!! Besides....they could've caught Asfaloth....they were just going with the story!!

nazgulinthedark
yes they are so much cooler on horses, thay are cooooooll!

Kitoky
Though the Witch King on the Fell Beast was AWESOME!

Galadir
Yeah Asfaloth is the Elven horse Arwen rides on with injured Frodo to Rivendell. It's too bad it didn't have a bigger role in the movies.

Galadir
I like Asfaloth better than the Nazgul's horses. I mean who could outrun nine of them BUT Asfaloth? Are all you people Nazgul fans?

Kitoky
Duuuuuude Galadir!!! Asfaloth made it look like any horse can outrun the Nazgul horses but really the Nazgul horses are really much faster because really in the book, Arwen didn't ride Frodo across the river!! PJ replaced Glorfindel with Arwen mad

So basically Nazgul horses are much faster.....Exa, Sauron, and Naz will agree....

Kitoky
*didn't sound like she had a point in her last post....*

nazgulinthedark
mad mad mad mad I AGREE! I AGREE!

nazgulinthedark
the nazgul horses are much faster, but since thay added that river they had to make them slowere so arwen could be on one side them in the middle, and the stream run them away. and it was so unfair, if you watch the chase scene between them you will watch arwen and her horse jump over a seemingly big long, witch id actually qiute small, and they do all this low motion, and film her from the bottum, and {oooh watch arwen jump over the seemingly big log, lets drop our jaws in awe} and then the ringwraiths jumps over it and they don't even show much of it, just the landing the chasing after arwen, no big deal, i mean EVEN THOUGH IT JUMPED OVER THE LOG TOO!

Kitoky
Totally man and guys notice the Nazgul's caught up with Asfaloth!?!? Duh!!!

nazgulinthedark
yeah, they were neck and neck (man, i sound like an anouncer for some horse race) then they got in this triangle formation behing her and stuff, but they cought up with them

Kitoky
It's totally safe to assume that Arwen had an advantage but the Nazgul's STILL caught up to her....and may I bring up the fact that they're immortal!

nazgulinthedark
IMMORTAL!!! and they have enough sence not to give it away to some person! *cougharagoncough* i need to get that cough checked out it is getting worse... anyway... and the ringwraiths ran all the way from mordor after her, and they were burned right before that, so they had the sdded disadvantage of thrid degree burns, and already having run from mordor to weatertop about 4 hours ago

Kitoky
True! If Aragorn didn't have that torch they would've beaten him!

nazgulinthedark
yeah! and frodo would have already been dead! so they could have ambused arwen and got her to!

Kitoky
Uh huh!! Yup!! *nods because she can't find the smiliy*

nazgulinthedark
it's :yes : but with no spaces

Kitoky
yes yes yes

nazgulinthedark
hehe yes

Kitoky
Buuuuut anywho....Oh and the Nazgul horses have their own armor!!! Unlike Asfaloth!

nazgulinthedark
yes they are coolio

feanorlp
Shadowfax could have. big grin

nazgulinthedark
shadowfax wasn't even gandalf's horse then

feanorlp
What do you mean? I know in the movie they didn't make him look nearly as fast as he was in the books, but according to the book, he was the fastest horse in middle earth.

nazgulinthedark
in fotr gandalf rode a brown horse, he didn't get shadowfax till TTT

Kitoky
Shadowfax isn't Gandalf's horse, he's just the Lord of the Horses and we're talking about Horses in ownership....like the Nazgul horses.

Exa
erm bit offtopic, isnt it?

(nazgul horses are far faster than asfaloth :] at least when arwen rides him :P )

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.