TR:The Film!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lara
I saw Tomb Raider on saturday.
I thought that the story line needed more depth but apart from that I thought it was a wicked flick. I dont think I'd ever get bored of watching it. theres so much action in the film. I think you either hate it or you really enjoy it.
and personally I enjoyed it.

mah
I hated it

Lara
ok thats your p.o.v though.
any one else care to comment on the flick?

mah
it started nice, but then it was over just when things started to happen.

Lara
too bad, I really liked it.

Texas
I dont understand why she would want to get with that guy, after he betrays her and after his friends tried to kill her confused

That shows that she's a weak woman roll eyes (sarcastic)

The special effects were crappy, and the special features on the DVD really Suck! roll eyes (sarcastic)

BackFire349
one of the worst films ive ever seen, even the action scenes were boring, and that woulda been ok, but the story was even worse.

ToMacco
Angelina Jolie is HOT! She's got a nice chest on her, and big beautiful lips. Mmm, boy! cool rolling on floor laughing

BackFire349
yes she is gorgeous, but the movie was just bad.

Texas
and to think theres a part 2 roll eyes (sarcastic) sad

Machine
i thought te movie tryed adding to much to the story . the enemys were topical , im in love with angelina jolie i love her plump lips i own all her movies shes a great actress especially in GIA!!!!

BackFire349
angelina jolie isnt a very good actress, she's just very good looking.

mechmoggy
What more do you want?!? stick out tongue

finti
a massage big grin

Machine
oh i didnt think you based acting on actual skill but on looks, thats what the academy awards did with julia roberts .they gave her a award for her boobs and not her acting

finti
She doesnt have big boobs.

BackFire349
julia roberts is horrible, now lets never speak of her again

Lara
did you know that the TR film sets were the largest ever made?

yerssot
Lara is smart

BackFire349
did you know alot of bad movies have big sets (gladiator)

Machine
saving private ryan had a big set and you know how bad that movie was. as i have said before the only true thing in that whole movie is that there was a war

Lara
does anyone know about the plans for the sequal of TR.?

BackFire349
yeah, you can find the plans in a dumpster in hollywood.

Ushgarak
I rather liked Saving Private Ryan, true or otherwise.

BackFire349
something i find ironic.....everyone praises saving private ryan, yet condems pearl harbor, even though both are filled with many many war cliches. think about that.

Machine
i bet their will be a pearl harbor sequel somehow someway , if they make crap like zoolander they can think of some horrible way to continue the war. peal harbor 2:back to the islands

ToMacco
No, there will not be a sequel to Pearl Harbor. In a way, Pearl Harbor was an attempted sequel to Titanic. Obviously (and I know a lot of you hate this movie) Titanic was 10 times the movie Pearl Harbor was.

Angeline Jolie is a good actress, not just a hot piece of ass. She was really good in Girl, Interupted.

As far as Saving Private Ryan, no there was no rescue mission to save a soldier. But there was a case where five brothers were killed in WWII. What made this movie so great was it's brutal look at what war is like. It IS the most realistic war picture ever made. I read that some veterans went to see the movie, and they had to leave because they got so upset in the D-Day scene. It was a very good film, Machine. Plus, it has Tom Hanks, and he has been absalutly brilliant in the past 8 years.

BackFire349
the normandy beach scene was great, no one can deny that, but the movie as a whole, besides that scene wasnt anything new.

ToMacco
The entire film had groundbreaking realistic scenes, not just the opening part.

Hanks and the rest of the cast made the private moments very acceptable and realistic.

Machine
best part is the credits .

yerssot
but not worth the money...

Ushgarak
Well, I thought ir broke very valid new ground, especially in cinematography, realism, use of colour and placing the audience in the action.

That said, I preferred Thin Red Line.

yerssot
sorry, my reply must get to Pearl Habor

BackFire349
ok, so to you realism = shaking the camera while blocking out all sounds other then those of war. thats called a gimmick folks, the true great war films didnt need to do that stuff to be convincing. watch platoon or full metal jacket to see a truely great war film.

yerssot
or my home eek!

Machine
platoon is not a great movie i agree it really realistic but realism doesnt make a good movie .

BackFire349
when its a war movie it does. unless you want apocolypse now.

Machine
hahaha apocolapyse now hahahaha

ToMacco
You know, I've never seen that! sad

BackFire349
its pretty good untill the ending.

yerssot
I have to see that one someday...
finally finished Goodmorning Vietnam

Machine
is apocolpyse now a vietnam movie or some druggies fantasy

BackFire349
take a guess

yerssot
ok, I even know that!

Machine
i thought it was a druggies fantasy . i just needed reasurrance

BackFire349
either or, the ending was definately laughable.

Machine
marlo brando is comedy relief in that movie

Lara
BF349! get a new sig! that ones an eye sore.

BackFire349
never speak ill of leatherface.

Lara
Its SICK.
the TR filck was good but less then what I expected of it!

BackFire349
its the god of horor movie villians.

Lara
I'm outta here. *FREAK!*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.