Your Favorite Son of Gondor?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Bandon
Your Favorite Son of Gondor?

shadowy_blue
I love both Boromir and Faramir. They both have different attitudes but they still get along very well. But if I really, really have to choose, I'd say Boromir. His character interests me a lot and Sean Bean helped too. He was a very good actor and I can really feel Boromir through him. I cried too when he died.

Verity
I like Boromir a lot too...but I have to say I"ve grown so fond of Faramir! It pi$$es me off to see how Dennethor treats him! mad

Darth Bandon
Don't watch The Two Towers: EE then.

Verity
Word? U 've seen that already?? confused

Darth Bandon
I bought it for my brother for xmas.

Verity
Lucky u! There's more punishment?? sad

Darth Bandon
Denny doesn't like Faramir to much and that pisses Boromir off.

Verity
Hmmm....so there's a fight?

Darth Bandon
Just a little verbal one.

Discos
what do you mean "already", I live in Scotland and the Extended Edition of The Two Towers was out near the beginning of November I believe,

Discos - Boromir rules!

Bar-en-Danwedh
i like faramir, but he lost osgilliath twice (as far as denethor is concearnred), plus according to the books F reminds D of F&Bs mother

but if boromir was YOUR brother would you expect to be the favorite???

Camellia
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Watched that yesterday, and yes, don't watch it - I couldn't believe what he was saying to his son!

Kitoky
Faramir definately gets my vote although...Aragorn isn't a son of Gondor, he's a descendant of Arnor which is different then Gondor.

Pipage558
ARAGORN! he is the king of course and that is why he is my favorite! *a little shallow i kno but i dont care*

hobbit_lover
I like Faramir the best..hes awsome I felt sooo bad for him in TTT:EE and ROTK

muse5
I HATE DENETHOR MORE THAN ANY OTHER CHARACTER, o mi god... he's so mean to faramir, i cried when i read the books and got to those parts, i cheered when he died, faramir was so awesome in the books, he was so nice

nazgulinthedark
aragorn, because faramir and boromir both suck, and they both were tempted by the One Ring

Kitoky
So was Aragorn but he was strong...... GO NAZGULS! Who are obsessed with the one ring though they have a good damn reason to be!!

Ushgarak
Boromir all the way!

I'll remove Aragorn from the poll as he is no son of Gondor.

Kitoky
Didn't I say that!?!? But he didn't do it THEN! *huffs*

Member.
Boromir because he cares for his brother.

Verity
Oops! For some stupid reason I thought there was more fighting in the ROTK! I've seen it then! Sorry! embarrasment

BingaBonga
Faramir, but after I saw the extended version of Two Towers I loved both of them, I thought that it was amazing because there was no rivalry between the two... Their father was so awful to Faramir, I just wanted to hug him... http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/hug.gif

Aurora
Faramir is my favorite. Sooooooo much more in the books than the movies (he is kinda mean in the movie at first) I feel sooooooooo bad at the way that his father looks, talks, and treats him. He is a good guy, and is only trying to please his father! Boromir really makes me mad tryin to take the ring! grrrrrrr. But i am over that initial anger and just feel sorry for him. I like Faramir sooo much more tho.

BingaBonga
I think that he's kind of hot too... embarrasment

Aurora
My sis loves him. It is hilarious on the special features when he talks about his nose and profile. LOL

FreddieFreeload
Choose a favourite among brothers? You are all guilty of the same sin as Denethor.

Though, if I must, I'd go for Faramir. Mainly because he understands the need for Frodo's quest, and doesn't attempt to claim the ring for himself. (In the book)

Even despite that he does attempt it in the movie, he still is my favourite. Mainly because he get's more screentime I think, wich equals more time to do hero stuff.

Darth Bandon
I included Aragorn but some ass-clown removed him. mad

namarie
faramir!!!! ^^

Kitoky
Darth understand that Aragorn is NOT A SON OF GONDOR! He's a descendant of Arnor, with blood of the Numenoreans.

nephalim27
Faramir was NOT tempted by the One Ring, not at ALL in the books. I don't know why they ruined his character in the TT like that...the exact quote, before he even knew what it was (a weapon of the enemy, that was all,) was "not even if it was lying on the side of the highway." That's odd though, as i'm nearly certain that was the quote, but there were no highways in Middle Earth...*scratches head*...maybe it was not even if it was lying on the side of the road?...he says it again, and laughs, when he finds out what it is exactly.

Darth Bandon
I think they did it to make him seem more human, like Boromir.

Fallen Jedi
I've never read the books. I know, I know. What king of a fan am I? But I swear, I'll read them. By the way, ROTK rocks!!! I saw it twice, once with a group of friends and once on Christmas day with my family. The theater was packed both times. And if I get the chance, I'll see it again.

Judging from the knowledge I have of the characters, I choose Faramir. My deepest sympathies for the way his father treated him. I kind of think he's hot too. For Christmas I got my brother the video game and if you beat it you can unlock secret characters to play, one of them being Faramir. In addition to unlocking the secret characters you get to watch a short interview of each of the character's actors. I watched Faramir's and the guy who played him (I forgot his name) looked really good. His hair was cut short and I liked the way he talked. Plus, there was something about his eyes.

Exa
I voted for both as I just cant decide... but I think I like Boromir better, though Faramir also really impressed me.

Lord_Andres
well Boromir is a better fighter(at least in the movies havint read the first two books) and I like him better, so I voted for him, but Faramir is great too, can't say the same thing about their stupit father

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.