The Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tex
Bought this little game at Blockbuster last night for only $5!

I love it!

The graphics are great (for PS2), the game play is terrific, very atmospheric, I love all the controls and intricacy of the game play.

Very appropriate game to play during the winter wink

Check it out, you might like it!yes

wicker_man
Agreed Tex, i brought it when it first came out (for the PS2) and it's pretty amazing the tension is probably the most chilling i've experienced in a game since the Resident Evil franchise, i really like the way that you have to watch your back and can't really trust anyone for they might be the enemy, even having not seen the film its a pretty good stand alone game, although seeing the film is a must not just for it being a classic but also to add to the tension when playing the game.

Tex
Its amazing how the game captures the atmosphere of the movie, very hard to do.

Dont trust anyone! shifty

ragesRemorse
i agree that the game did a great job at giving off a great atmosphere. I rememebr when i first played the game i thought it was deffaintly going to be a great game. It did somthing new with your party of characters. However about 4 stages into the game it got very repetetive, and became more of a shoot em up than the strategic thriller it was hinting at. I thought it had a great idea but felt incomplete. There was so much possibilities they could have done with the inner party connection they started, but seems they just forgot about it. It's fun if you like the thing but gets very redundant if your a gamer, This is the gameplay aspect of the game. The story is worth playing the game for though

Tex
Not up to stage 4 yet, hope it doesn't go downhill from there! sad

BackFire
Oh, my bad, I thought this thread was about bjork, being titled "the thing", thought it was a good description of her. wink

Actually I haven't played this game, looked cool though.

Mafia Girl
I played it graphics are good im just horrible at it....i get freaked out and start shooting people and then im all alone. roll eyes (sarcastic) have yall seen the movie the game is based on?

Tex
Of course! The Thing is my all time favorite JC film! 2nd would be Big Trouble in Little China!

Now that would make a great game! thumb up

BF stick out tongue

BackFire
haha, big trouble in little china kicks ass.

Tex
I grew up watching that movie! thumb up

BackFire
Me too, that would be a damn fun game....they might have one already though... for like nintendo..

wicker_man
They have a BTiLCT video game title out for one of the earlier 90's formats (Amiga i think ?) a feature on it can be found on the special edtion BTiLCT DVD.

SlipknoT
this game kick so much ass it not even funny. Its such a goog follow up to the great movie. I cant seem to beat the last bose though.

Tex
I just love the atmosphere! It's more creepy than the Resident Evils! thumb up

Lord_Andres
the u guys should play the Blair Witch games, even more creepy and u get a lot of story too

Tex
They have Blair WIthch games?!?

OMG! laughing out loud

They're really good?
What platform?

wicker_man
There were three Blair Witch games released (all on the PC only) and they are:

Blair Witch Volume 1: Rustin Parr
Blair Witch Project Volume 2: The Legend of Coffin Rock
Blair Witch Volume 3 : The Elly Kedward Tale

Lord_Andres
thats right, u actuly u should play then in this order first the third. secound , and then the first one

Lord_Andres
and yeahy they are really good, very scary

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.