Annoyed with non-LOTR fans?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hpxmenlotrnerd
this might sound a little selfish but when ever i find out someone doesnt like lotr i get all defensive....like,i tell them they have no taste and they dont know what they're missing embarrasment does neone else have this problem?

BingaBonga
Yes, I have that problem too. My friends little brother said that lotr was stupid. I asked him why, and he said it was copied off of harry potter, I'm like omg you are so stupid. I explained to him that lotr have been around about 40 years before harry potter was even thought of, and he's like oh i still don't like it. I'm like you are such a little brat mad

Verity
Hmmm..they don't know what the hell they're talking about!

hpxmenlotrnerd
I know!! my friend told me that she wasnt a big fan of lotr and that kind of stuff and i was like "stuff? tou dont know what you missing....and shes like eh thats ok..." and i started flipping on her...embarrasment

BingaBonga
yes I do that plenty, oh well... angel

Kitoky
Well it's ok to be all defensive as long you respect that they don't like it. My friends don't like Lord of the Rings and I don't go like "OMG!!" on them I just say ok and talk about something else.

hpxmenlotrnerd
i try to restrain myself, but its so hard when ppl dont like something so amazing... mad i just dont understand it blink

BellaButterfly
lol I dont like lord of the rings.....I dont have a problem with it its just that I am not a fan of 3 hour long movies i'd rather go to the mall! SO maybe people who dont like lord of the rings just dont enjoy really long movies !

Really no need to get defensive

Kitoky
Yeah no need really.

BellaButterfly
WoOoOo!

hpxmenlotrnerd
i dont have a problem with ppl not liking it, i just dont understand how ya cant and then i get frustrated....its so hard whne you're a die-hard fan... sad

Kitoky
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion even though many of them are stupid, they still have a right.

BingaBonga
It's good because all my friends love lotr... Not as much as I do, of course, but I don't have to deal with them, with crap about how lotr sucks... they would know better, than to mess with me http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/tongue.gif

BellaButterfly
well as i said maybe ppl dont like it cuz its a long movie and they'd rather do something else with their time.............like go to the mall lol

BellaButterfly
but I mean i am pretty sure lotr is an amazing movie!

hpxmenlotrnerd
well i can confirm that lotr:rotk is the most amazing movie of all time

BellaButterfly
This is off the topic but i thought Moulin Rouge was the most amazing movie!!! DId anybody notica that nicole kidman wore red manolos in the movie SWEET

but anyways lotr must be good to win so many awards!

hpxmenlotrnerd
awsome movie!!!!!! ewan mcgregor and nicole had such chemistry!! the casting rocked (ewans good looks didnt hutr eitherstick out tongue)

hpxmenlotrnerd
ok....back on topic.......

BellaButterfly
omg yes !!! ewan is hot like a high school football player after he won a game yummy! and yes they did have a wonderful chemistry!

Let us not forget that legolas is a very hot umm whatever he is supposed to be in the movie he is damn hot ...so hot he's on fire

weee----ooooo weeee-ooooo someone call the fire department!

BellaButterfly
but yes back to the topic...........

BingaBonga
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/offtopic.gif Hehe, just kidding, I go off topic all the time stick out tongue

BellaButterfly
lol

Kitoky
....erm.....hi but anywho, yeah so uh huh yeah

manny321
I hate people that say lotr sucks, you ^%$^%$ nerds. If you say lotr sucks because its to long or what then the person will not get defensive. My friend hates it because he thinks it like harry potter and he really hates harry potter. I said there nothing wrong with that. BUT when he said mona lisa smile is better i was like NO!!!!!!. We argued for an hour, and came to the conclusion that he dosn't like any of my movies and i don't ike any of his. After we want to play soccer the end.

Exa
Yes I do sometimes have problems with non-lotr-fans mad

cermiestar
i don't get annoyed, i mean it's a matter of taste and it's their own opinions, and i respect that.

airangel429
Why bother with getting annoyed when obviously its everone else's miss. They just don't know what exactly they are missing...hee hee. big grin

The Omega

Korri
I think that everyone is intitled to an opinion but when people start really ripping it then thats just being plain nasty and you shouldnt bash other peoples opinions unless they r just being plain annoying.

i like the lord of the rings films and if others dont enjoy the films then fine but if they keep going on about it and starting an argument then god damn ill finish it for them!

cermiestar
my dad's one of those people who can't follow the storyline....he's read the boook and he still got confused by the film, he didn't realise there were two sets of hobbits, he thought that merry and pippin were a flashback of sam and frodo!!

bLooMiLiCioUs
roll eyes (sarcastic)laughing out loud

Aurora
I TRY not to get upset at ppl who do not like LOTR. It is not that I am in any way mad at them, I just wish that they could discover the wonderful world of Tolkien. I understand that not everyone can like the same stuff, so it doesnt' bother me when someone doesn't like the same things as I do. I do tell them why I enjoy Tolkien, but that is only because I enjoy learning about other ppl's intrests that I do not share. You never know where a door might open to a whole new world.

I myself am not a big StarWars fan, I enjoyed the original movies but have only seen them once in their totality. Therefor I have never been exposed to StarWars fans and all of their intrests. While wittleing away my 8 hrs of standing in line on Trilogy Tuesday, I met some very cool StarWars Fans who taught me alot.

nazgulinthedark
my friend has seen lotr, but she thinks it is so boring, she likes it and all, but she has no favorite chacter, no favorite part, no favorite anything, and then when i start talking about how cool the ringwraiths are and stuff, she looks at me in this really annoying way, kinda like when a 1st grader finds out some one likes someone else, there eyes get all bright and they go "ooooooooo...you like so and soooo"

Miss Marcie

amane
cant stand non-lotr fans...
they're like "that's sooooo stupid!!! its a movie about a ring that talks!!!"

gggggrrrrrr!!!

Lyn
I agree with what you posted Aurora; people are entitled to their opinions about films etc. I, personally, have never spoken to a person about LOTR and found that they did not like the amazing trilogy.

I have, unfortunately, discovered people who loathe Star Wars. I'm a HUGE fan, obviously, and do get annoyed and upset when even my own friends "bag" me about it. ((Especially seeing as they've never even seen a second of any of the films, new or old.)) I shouldn't have to justify my liking Star Wars to the people around me.

People have the right to think what they want about LOTR or SW but they too have to understand and respect that others like those films.

Valar Melkor
Yes i get this quite often. People i know deliberately mock lotr when they know im a big fan. I try to ignore these arrogant fools, who dont appreciate the skill it takes to create such a masterpiece. Tolkien spent decades on lotr. The books are purely brilliant and the movies, of course, are also sensational. Anyone who disrepects lotr is arrogant, jealous or oblivious to the fact that lotr is the best!

ragesRemorse
im with who ever said that moulin rouge was an amazing movie, i mean DAMN did you see nicole kidman? jesus i would skin my self to get with her. someone else said they would rather go to the mall than watch a three hour movie. Well if your spending three hours at the mall reguarly you got some problems. even though i was dissapointed with the movies LOTR are still 3 hour movies that i can get into

FreddieFreeload
Then your dad is blind, deaf, slow or just real ****ing stupid.

On non-fans?

I don't care wether or not people like the book. I can handle that some don't like it, but they won't get away with telling me that something I really like (maybe even love) is bad. I'll decide that for myself.

PippinTook
Ooh I did that EXACT same thing! I was gonna take my other MAJOR LOTR fan friend, but she couldn't go, so I had to take my non LOTR fan friend. She was talking the entire movie and I missed most of the movie! And during the crying parts like when Gollum turned Frodo against Sam and left him there...where Merry got mad at Pippin for looking in the palantir and said he isn't going with him...when Theoden died...When Denethor almost killed Faramir cuz he didn't know he was still alive and he wouldn't listen to Pippin...when Frodo left Merry and Pippin and Sam to go to Valinor with Bilbo and Gandalf and the elves and everyone...anyways, she talked during those parts too. She was saying stuff like "*sarcastically* Oh that's so sad..." and "Are Frodo and Sam gonna kiss now or something?" and "Oh Aragorn's sooo sexy" and crap like that. Oooh I was about to ring her neck! So I went and saw it again yesterday haha. Yesh that's right, I celebrated New Year's by seeing ROTK. THAT'S my way of celebrating something. Yup! But she was talking during the part when Gandalf and Pippin were going to see Denethor and Gandalf was saying "Don't say anything about Aragorn...and don't mention anything about Frodo and Sam...in fact, it's better if you don't speak at all" and everyone in the theater started laughing and I had NO idea what was so funny til I saw it the second time. She doesn't even know anything about it! She was like "ok so who's that evil eyeball dude?...whats he have to do with the ring?" and "so what's that big dragon thing called? who's that dude riding on it?"...it was the fell beast and the witch-king on it...and when I told her that, she was like "hahaha the witch-king?...ok..." ok well this is getting way to long so I'm gonna go. Buh byes. And next time you watch ROTK, DO NOT bring a non-LOTR fan friend with you! I'm warning you! It's not fun!

Izz
I brought a lot of LOTR fans!! Practically all my friends like it. But they're not all so busy with it as I am. I have one friend who was like: Eowyn? Who's Eowyn suppossed to be? That was quite bad, but well, not everyone can be addicted to LOTR, eh?
Only I don't know who I shall bring the second time... I took everyone with me the first time. Quite stupid, actually...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.