holograms

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sand person no. 10
i've noticed that apart from princess leia all the bad guys appear as holograms during some part of the last 4 films. i also noticed that during one of the trailers, mace windu briefly appears as a hologram, coincidence, i think not. i know that people don't think he turns bad, but i do. Please discuss and be merry.

Ushgarak
Aparet from Princess Leia? You mean, she appeared as a hologram but was not a bad guy? In that case, so does Luke Skywalker in ROTJ. Sorry. Also Sio Bibble in TPM.

And we have good reason to believe other good guys appear in hologram form in AOTC.

sand person no. 10
you're quite right, what a fool, Lukes tempted by the bad side and sio bible, he tried to trick the queen into telling him where they were. I'll rephrase my question, in general the bad bad guys appear as holograms. Who are the good guys that we see as holograms then in aotc?

Ushgarak
As far as we know, Obi-Wan, Windu and Yoda speak over a holographic comms thingie.

ToMacco
Not to change the subject, but has anyone seen Total Recall when Schwarzenegger uses the hologram? It's pretty funny.

SP10, I don't think there is any deep meaning behind the holograms.

bigsef2
yah, that was awesome. not to change the subject again, but i think this post is stupid. but does everybody think that terminator 3 will be any good? its got arnold fighting some advanced female terminator in the future.

ToMacco
I sure hope Terminator 3 is good. It's hard to imagine a terminator film without James Cameron behind the camera. I hope it is good. I kind of think it won't be, though. sad

yerssot
keep it for the movie discussion!

and holograms are just a way to talk to eachother... you can start with, did you know that the guys with blue eyes are always bad?

bigsef2
has anyone ever tried one of those quesedillas at taco bell? it looks kind of gross to me, but i was wondering if they are any good. smile

yerssot
and how do they related to holograms?

bigsef2
they dont. im just trying really hard to make sure we stay off subject. smile

so, has anybody had one?

sand person no. 10
that might be a good idea, not the brighteset thread i've come up with after a guinness induced flash of inspiration.

darthyogi
Stating the obvious - and asking about Ep. 1 rather Ep. 2 - was the Phantom Menace called the Phantom Menace because Palpatine / Sidious orchestrated things as holograms? I always assumed this was the case, although other people have insisted the Phantom is destiny, or the midiclorians, or a whole bunch of other stuff.

Does anyone know, absolutely and definitively, why Ep. 1 was called the Phantom Menace so I can sleep better at night?

And in an attempt to make this quesiton relevant to an Ep. 2 forum I'll throw in a dumbass bonus quesiton: How does the 'Manace' turn into a real threat and 'Attack'?

Ah... tenuous... roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
for me, the phantom part is that nobody of the good guys know who is behind this all, the menace is obviously the main bad guy

Ushgarak
Yes, GL describes the 'Phantom' nature of the Menace many times. It's just the idea that it is a background, shaodwy thing that no-one is fully aware of yet.

yerssot
and only the other bad guys can see him...

jedi212guy
To stay off subject, did anybody see the Simposns episode last weekend? It was absolutely hilarious! big grin

yerssot
no, because YOU life in America where the NEW episodes are sad
abd there is a thread about the simpsons in GDF.

darth fester
i know who the phantom menace is its jar jar hes a real menace

yerssot
and now in AOTC he's going to attack us! eek!

Dim
Well, at that point he's still pretty shadowy..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.