USH'S MATRIX GAME: THIRD ASSIGNMENT- 'Eliminate'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak

Ushgarak

Ushgarak

Ushgarak
NOTE

The following players:

Mors, Fire and Hammurabi

Need to go here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f41/t22297.html

To finish off their Downloads.

Also Azrael, if he wishes to change after his Dojo practice.

Dexx
i'll take a katana, thank you (master jade emperor..*giggles*)
shades, wallet, phone, watch..and..that's it.

"i don't like this shit at all" mutters rade
"we'd best stay out of any fights..if agents show up....we have no exit...we're screwed"

Ushgarak
Another good reason to, as I say, not go in hardcore and start a war. Your situation is precarious if things go wrong.

Fire
*I take two tribal like throwing daggers*
*since I already have my Silver Katana*

"Don't forget ammo, Ares be sure we don't get the whole reloading problem again" wink

Trinity_Matrix
I'm going to be armed with my two Glock 18s and three extra clips, but I'm going to hope that I won't need to use them...

"No kidding..." San replies.

Ushgarak
All being noted...

Vincent Rendar
Ill take the freebies, two Glock 18's, 4 clips

0+6+4=10

SpikeSpiegel
I'll take my good old katana from Ni-Zahns place, cleaned of blood. And I think I know what's going on now.

Captain REX
The freebies, an Ingrams Mac 10, 6 clips, now that I have Lightning Reload.

Fire
cool go Rex smile still no assault rifle anyone?
a lot of bulk I know

Bespin Bart
Freebies and the Mors' Katana, that is all I require. If I need a gun we can get some from the car.

Somebody care to choose the loadout for the car? We're still using the Fastback, since we haven't left the Matrix.

"I'll be on the phone for a moment," Mors says to the others. "And remember, if something goes wrong and you can't reach me, look to the other Veterans." He takes out his cellphone and dials.

"Ariadne, were you watching the code while we were disinfected before talking to Melitus? Could that be the source of the problem? Do you suppose that is why Melitus wants us to come back after we're done with Jericho?" Mors asks over the cell phone, the other hand on his katana's hilt. "This is a grave situation. If we get in a fight that we can't win, we can't simply run to the hardline."

tptmanno1
Yea, and the Hummer (I think it was a hummer), we still have that right...

Freebies, Dlosk, I still have my deagle, a clip for deagle, then fill it out with as many clips for Dlosk as I can handle.

For the car..
2 deagles
6 Pistol clips
2 Mp5s
6 SMG clips
2 Assaults
2 Dlosks
1 Sniper
10 Large clips
3 Kantanas
4 Knives
1 Staff,

any other requests for the car, stuff you want but can't carry??

Trinity_Matrix
How 'bout some extra Glock 18 clips? Just in case worse comes to worse...but damn, Burn...your car's gonna be carrying a flippin' arsenal smile

Ushgarak
"Errr, no..." says Ariadne. "Did you forget that you guys vanished as soon as you went through that door by the lift in there? We didn't see a damn thing! So I can't tell you anything."

I guess I shall kick this off tomorrow...

Fire
"ask for some intel about that building where jericho works"

Ushgarak
Hold your horses...

tptmanno1
Oh, I forgot,
I wanted 100 lbs of C4 stashed in the trunk

j/k! (Unless anyone thinks it would be a good idea...)

but to stifle San's burning desire (burning hahah!)
add 2 Glock 18s and 4 clips

Captain REX
laughing out loud

Throw in a sniper rifle just in case.

Bespin Bart
"Oh...right..." Mors replies. "I think this may have to do something with the supposed disinfecting process, though. We entered a very white room...almost like the Construct...and then there was a warm feeling. What do you think Ariadne?"

General Zink
Freebies, knife, and a staff.

Dexx
"we'd better hope the boradcast points are safe" says rade
"if sentinels come they'll just have to use the emp. let's just hurry and get this done with"

SpikeSpiegel
Oh yeah I'll take the freebies as well

Trickster
2 Ingrams, 1 knife, 2 extra Ingrams Clips. I think I'll stay with my loadout, the only problem is if someone sends me up against someone better than me in close combat.

Ushgarak
"I really couldn't tell you," says Ariadne. "I've not really seen anything like that before. Hang on..." she says, and you hear loud voices in the background. "Uh... yeah, Dallas says to quit worrying about it..."

Ok, at this point, I still need loadouts from Barbarossa and Hammurabi (if he is playing)

Castor and Burn have bulk problems. Castor, I had to level you out at three spare clips for your guns. Burn, with a Dlask and Deagle you cannot carry any spare clips at all.

Ushgarak
Hoping the small details like remaining Downloads and Loadiuts will be done soon, I shall move things on before I have to go...

-

Three days later

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHnnnnnnnnnnkRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRHhhh
hhhhhHHHHHHHHHHh...

hhhhhHHHHHHHHHHh...

A sound like a buzz saw played through an open-air rock festival's PA system awoke Ariadne with a start, as she started guility at the code on the screens she was meant to be working on.

She got up and tried to locate the PA system through which the buzz saw was being played. It was Dallas, snoring.

hhhhhHHHHHHHHHHh...

hhhhhHHHHHHHHHHh...

She gently rocked him awake. Like a shot, Dallas' hand reaches out and felt for his hat, sitting and placing it on his head in one smooth motion.

"What? What? What is it? Dallas is ready..." he said.

"Well, it's time," she says. "They're moving soon."

"Ah! Excellent. Everything ok?" he asked, getting up and walking over to the monitors Ariadne was working on. He was halfway through working out the next few things he was going to say when he noticed that Ariadne had not answered.

"Hmm?" he said.

"Not exactly." Dallas rolled his eyes.

"You are such a moaner!" he said. "Always so damn gloomy!"

"Things are NOT good, Dallas. We're sending them into would could be a hardcore combat mission and they have no way out if it buggers up!"

"They'll be fine!" said Dallas. "Everything will be fine, you'll see." Ariadne sat back in her chair.

"I HAVE to see, that's the problem..."

"You should be worrying more about breaking that damn encryption," said Dallas.

"I don't have the first clue how to do that."

"See? Gloom gloom gloom... if anyone can do it, you can, Ariadne. So cheer up!"

"It's not just that." Dallas straightened his hat.

"Ok, what else?" he asked.

"We have sentinels in the area."

"Oh, damn squiddies, they won't sniff a damn thing whilst we are running this quiet."

"We can't run totally quiet, can we? Not whilst we are broadcasting!"

"Quiet enough. We'll be fine!"

"You don't understand, Dallas. They're not just passing by. They are doing a security sweep of this area! They know we use it for broadcasting."

"Ah, this area is huge, they won't see us..."

"Dallas, they are searching this area! Sooner or later one of those things is going to come down this tunnel and see us!" Dallas was silent for a few moments.

"We'll be fine," he eventually repeated, confidently. "We'll have the whole thing sorted out by then."

"And what if we need to call for help or contact the Percy?"

"We won't!"

"Or if they need to contact us?"

"Ah, Marduk won't do that..."

"Ok, what if we receive a priority transmission from Zion? We can't go anywhere without leaving broadcasting depth and killing the crew!"

Dallas sighed, and got up, leaving the room. A minute later he returned with a small but sturdy iron crowbar.

"Soon sort this out..." he said. Standing by the radio, he raised his arm and brought it back down, hard, seven times, until the radio was a mass of smashed circuitry, fizzling slightly in front of Ariadne's astonished eyes.

"There! Now you don't have to worry about it, do you? Get back to work."

"Oh, teriffic..." said Ariadne.

"And don't even think about telling any of those guys what you just told me," said Dallas, settling down to watch the monitors himself.

-

Ok then guys! You are outside the headquarters of the CCC. Inevitably, this is a vast skyscraper of mirrored glass in the Commercial district. You are currently in w wide plaza just outside it.

Your move.

Dexx
(awh..i just had to know this before, didn't i? ..doh!)

"well, let's go" says RAde, hiding his katana up his back. he heads for the building

tptmanno1
F*ck it,
geez,
fine ditch the Dlosk and gimme a Mp5 with clips

Fire
"C'mon ppl hustle up"

SpikeSpiegel
*hustles*

Trinity_Matrix
oh, damn it...

San looks up and down the building before heading towards it.

Captain REX
"Alright, let's move in..."

Trinity_Matrix
"Yeah, but BE CAREFUL. We really can't afford for anything to go wrong now."

Trickster
Azrael starts checking out the faces aroud the plaza, looking for people obviously watching them for more than the fact they are a big group of people wearing trenchoats. Goths don't often go around in such big groups.

Ushgarak
Nah, no-one's checking you out, Azrael. Neither because of your odd look (the group size is an issue but in general that whole thing tends to get overlooked) nor, as far as you can tell, because someone is specifically watching for you.

In which case, you head into the lobby of the building, which is rather pretty, with fountains, friendly looking adverts, some demonstrations of CCC computer technology and a very large reception area.

SpikeSpiegel
Cloud lowers his glasses slightly and looks over the top of them, "Woah, would you look at the size of this place" He then pushes his glasses up again.

Ushgarak
Well, I shall be waiting for someone to take the initiative...

... but whilst everyone is gathered together here, is there anything anyone wants to say to each other? Just in case you don't get a chance for a natter for a while?

Trickster
Azrael turns to Fire and San and spoke,

"Hopefully this mission will turn out better than our fights in the dojo, all those months ago..."

ush, im guessing there is a desk? I would do something, but if i make a mistake i will be yelled at....

Ushgarak
Heh... yes, there is a desk.

Trickster
*whistles* I didnt say anything...

Dexx
huh?...erm..i'm not familiar with that rule, trickster.....

well..we would need a name, though..i doubt anyone here knows him as jericho

Ushgarak
Heck, I hope that's not the rule?

Is it the rule? I dunno, I am not a Vet either...

Ushgarak
Actually, that is something I meant to specify. Melitus could have told you that he is indeed known as Jericho. Like Morpheus, everyone has lost track of his real name, even the System, and he himself would use no other.

Trickster
IO mean talking wise. Fire says let a vet handle it stick out tongue I didnt mean it liek it sounded...

tptmanno1
Fine, I'll take the initiative.
*walks up to the desk*
"Hi, we're looking for a friend of ours, he goes by the name of Jerico, we were told that he would be in today. Could you please direct us to where he might be? Thanks"

Ushgarak
"Err... do you have an appointment?" asks the receptionist.

Dexx
"no, but i'm sure he'll want to meet us." says Rade approaching with a forced smile

Fire
*stands in the back silently sighing+*

Ushgarak
The receptionist shrugs.

"I'll call his department," she says, "but he's a busy man."

She dials up on the phone.

tptmanno1
"thank you"

Ushgarak
The receptionist spends a minute or so on the phone, describing you guys.

"Can I have a name?" she asks.

Trickster
Azrael sits down on one of the seats, ready to jump up at a moments notice.

tptmanno1
"Just say Dallas."

(good fire?)
Ush, If a Vet objects than i didn't say nothin!

Ushgarak
Heh... I see the officers are cementing their power...

She gives the name Dallas. 15 seconds later, she hangs up the phone.

"Ok, you are to go up," she says. "You want to head to floor 13."

tptmanno1
("Here you can have my lunch money, just don't hurt me Fire!"wink

sweeet!

SpikeSpiegel
Shall we take the stairs or the lift?

Fire
"take the lift"

tptmanno1
*Hits Elevator button*

Ushgarak
Ok, as you head toeards the lift, you have two issues. First of all... you cannot all fit in the lift, certainly not with your gear!

Secondly, Fire's phone rings.

Trickster
Azrael stands up slowly from the chair, and joins Burn by the lift.

SpikeSpiegel
Very well I shall take the stairs, right after listening to Fire on his phone.

Fire
*picks up the phone*
"Yes?"

tptmanno1
we could take 2 lifts?

Trickster
OOC
Are we gunna split up, or is everyone going by the stairs?

Fire
OOC we will see after the phone call

tptmanno1
(what the hell does OOC mean????)

Ushgarak
"Hey Fire," says Dallas. "You said something the other day about not sending everyone in to see Jericho at once?"

Fire
"That is indeed a possiblity I thought off"

SpikeSpiegel
OOC = Out of Character

tptmanno1
do ya want some of us to stay down stairs?

Trickster
and BIC = Back in Character

Trickster
"I would like to see Jericho. Plus I have not been hurt yet."

Trinity_Matrix
Hmm...leaving people downstairs could be a good thing or a bad thing...

tptmanno1
Oh, well i just use () but whatever floats your boat.

Ushgarak
"Yeah, I agree," says Dallas. "I don't like the idea of you all going together. I want a back-up squad hanging back to help the rest of you out if things go wrong.

Fire, take Rade, Heph, Castor and... hmmm... Azrael, to represent the Percy, and you go see Jericho.

Tell Mors to take the others- the gun nuts especially, Burn and Ares, but also Cloud, San, Barbarossa and Hammurabi. Take seperate lifts- Mors stays outside his when you get up there, you, Fire, take the others to Jericho's office and holler to Mors if you need help."

Fire
I thought it might be less threatening for Jericho if we don't show up all at once, also keeping some ppl at the most obvious escape routes sounded good."

Fire
"Sure thing capt."

Fire
"Rade, Heph, Castor and Azrael you're with me, the others follow Mors"
*turns to mors* "take the second elevator stay outside and have someone contact an operator to see what goes on in there at all times"

Trickster
Azrael waits in the lift with Fire.

Dexx
Rade follows Fire, in the elevator

Ushgarak
Ok, the two teams (Mors not bing here right now to direct his, I shall assume they go in) travel up to the thirteenth floor. The lifts are spacious and smooth but not super-luxury.

The doors give a ping and open at floor 13, one of you seconds before the other, and you all step out onto a corridor leading to the toilets and stairs at one end, and out onto an open-plan office on the other. Right now, both groups are about ten feet away from each other.

Fire
(OOC: As some of you already know, I think Heph and Rade do, I like my instructions in combat followed, there for I will give them out in two ways: One I will post in this thread what I'd like you ppl to do in combat, Two: I'll PM everyone of you with what I want him or her to do and with the general pla, if you disagree PM me back, DONT USE THIS THREAD)

"C'mon ppl we don't have all day"

Trickster
"I guess we are going to the office?"

OOC
Okay, but if i see a chance to be creative, i'll take it... I won't disobey an ordder if i havent got a reason, and i'll pm you first.

Ushgarak
Well, you guess that is where Jericho will be...

Fire
yep let's go in

SpikeSpiegel
Cloud sits down in a chair. (Providing of course there are chairs)

Trickster
Azrael gos in after Fire.

Ushgarak
There can be chairs...

Ok, Fire and Azrael, you seem to have stepped into an open-plan office, with people bustling everywhere... no sign of Jericho and his crew.

Fire
any other doors to smaller offices?

Trickster
Any doors?

Ushgarak
It is open plan, so there are only flimsy cardboard walls seperating individual cublicles; ever seen Dilbert?

tptmanno1
or the begining scene in the matrix where neo get the phone and morphous calls him up?

*Sits in a chair*

Fire
*walks over to someone*

"Execuse me do you know where I can find Jericho?"

Trickster
yes, but their are doors in that... Is it like the start of the matrix, with the agents looking for Mr Anderson?

Ushgarak
(Actually, Burn, it was considered making this a Metacortex building but people would have read too much into it...)

"Jericho? You want to go one floor up," says the guy.

Trinity_Matrix
*also sits*

Hmm...does anyone else find this a little weird, though? That we just are able to walk into this big office building carrying a whole bunch of weapons, and there are NO metal detectors? Most big office-type buildings I've been to have metal detectors around...just something I felt worth pointing out. Not that I'm complaining that we got in no problem big grin

Fire
"At the reception they sent us to this floor, doesn't he work here normaly?"

Trickster
they do? I dont often go through metal detectors...

Ushgarak
I must admit to taking this from a UK point of view where most business buildings don't have metal detectors by default, so I apologise for inaccuracy.

But yes there is security... but you appear to have been allowed through it.

Ushgarak
"Well, I don;t know why you were told that," he says. "One floor up."

Trinity_Matrix
Well, I live near Chicago and most of my family lives/works there, so I've been in lot's of big buildings downtown and most of them do have metal detectors...it's rather amusing, actually...I always set them off because of my glasses.

Trickster
Azrael looks at Fire, wndering why the information was wrong.

"I think we should take the stairs..."

Fire
"Sounds good"

*takes out cellphone and dials*
"Operator?"

Ushgarak
That'll be because of the laser guns in them, TM...

Ushgarak
"Operator," responds Ariadne.

Fire
"Can you find the floor jericho is on and can you check the 14th floor for any unusual activity?"

Trickster
Azrael walks over to Mors and his gfroup, and tells them,

"Apparently Jericho is one floor up. You coming?"

Ushgarak
Dallas did suggest that Mors should stay put.

"I can't find Jericho or his team," says Ariadne. "But then at the airport they didn't show up as odd either so I am having to check every signal in the building individually and compare them with records. He could be coming down to meet you, I dunno.

Nothing odd on the 14th... just people. There is some strange coding coming from somewhere in the building but that could be anything as well; the System often puts data ports and the like in obvious places in the Matrix like computer companies."

Trickster
Azrael turns to Fire
"We going up?"

Fire
"Yes let go"

Trickster
Azrael follows Fire, now wary from the misinformation.

Ushgarak
Ok then! You guys stroll on back past Mors and the rest as you head to the stairs. As Fire's team climbs, Fire is last up, and he and Mors catch each other's glances as they go. You two nod, professionally, at each other, before Fire moves up, and the two groups go out of sight of each other...

At which point, play in this thread ends. I hope you enjoyed your time together. From now on, you are parted.

Fire, Heph, Rade, Castor and Azrael want to go here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23313

Mors, Burn, Ares, Cloud, San, Barbarossa and Hammurabi want to go here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23314
This thread will close soon.

Trickster
So we never meet again?

Trinity_Matrix
I knew there had to be some reason you split us up like you did...

Ushgarak
Well, that would be harsh... you may meet again, you never know!

And you are cracking the code, TM...

tptmanno1
bye bye!
see ya in zion!

Trickster
Cya gun nuts!!!!

tptmanno1
I'll shoot some for ya!

Trickster
YAY!

Trinity_Matrix
Hey, don't forget me, I'm not bad with the guns either! big grin

Trickster
Well you can a named charcter for me stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.