USH'S MATRIX GAME: THIRD ASSIGNMENT- 'Eliminate'- COMBAT PATH

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak

Ushgarak
You guys are standing outside the lifts to the 13th floor, as the Philosophy guys climb up to the 13th.

The lift light behind you changes as the lift ascends to the sixth floor.

That's odd... you don't even remember it going down.

tptmanno1
ok, cool
I like the fortune point thingy!

Ushgarak
Thought you would appreciate it...

tptmanno1
Just read the second to last post.
"Oh, shit!"
Draws mp5, and points it at elevator while still covering it with my jacket

Ushgarak
The lift light changes as the lift ascends to the sixth floor.

Trinity_Matrix
"This...can't be good."

San puts a hand in her pocket where one of her guns is, out of sight but can be drawn at a moments notice.

Ushgarak
(waits for people to notice)

Trinity_Matrix
I'm pretty sure that me and Burn are the only ones in this group that are currently on...

Ushgarak
Then one of you had better notice, and quick! What specifically just happened?

Trinity_Matrix
...the light changed?

Ushgarak
From what to what?

Trinity_Matrix
Well, I'd assume that since the elevator is now for some reason heading to the 6th floor, that the number 6 would be lit up...

Ushgarak
And what happened just a moment before that?

Trinity_Matrix
It started going up, but we didn't even notice it coming down...hmm...

Ushgarak
Before I mentioned that bit.

Trinity_Matrix
We're standing outside the elevators to the 13th floor while the Philosophy guys go up...

Ushgarak
No no no... about the lift JUST before I mentioned that you did not see it go down...

Trinity_Matrix
And if I'm missing something glaringly obvious here I blame it on the fact that I have a headache.

Ushgarak
Ok! Just read what I said, carefully...

tptmanno1
The program has changed, they messed with something in the matrix
Like in M1 where Neo sees the cat twice and they blocked them in the building.
we gotta be on high alert
BTW, who is our local combat Vet?

Ushgarak
Mors.

And yes, that's a System change! And you know somethihg, Burn... you don't remember that huge metal grille blocking the entrance to the stairwell wait the sign saying "Out of order" being there 30 seocnds ago when Fire and the rest went through there!

Your phone rings.

tptmanno1
"Yo, Adriane, what the f*ck just happened and what the hell is coming our way?"

Ushgarak
It's Dallas.

"Ok, we're writing this one off," says Dallas. "Get the hell away from the lifts, you got a ton of SWAT coming up through them and the stairs!"

The lift reaches floor 13 and the doors start to open...

tptmanno1
"MOVE, MOVE, MOVE, MOVE! SH*T LOAD OF SWAT IN LIFTS! GO! FIND COVER!"
*Looks around for cover*

Ushgarak
Ok, well, as you may have guessed, we are about to go into Combat Time here!

Before I go on, here are some important points to remember:

1. Numbers! You are simply smaller as a group than you were; ad just your tactics accordingly

2. Version change. Rounds are now FOUR actions again. However, it ie easier to gain a fifth via exertion. Exertion now loses you an action at 3 and gains you one at -3 for EVERYONE. Your speed now dictates your starting exertion each round. Speed 10 characters start at 0 exertion but get a bonus action straight away.

3. Synchronisation. Bane of my SW game, the fights will sometimes have to wait for the OTHER thread to catch up. I try to avoid that when I can but some events are important, timing wise. Sorry!

Everybody ready?

tptmanno1
Im ready
But...
I never really understood the exertion and now you just made it more complex, ARRG!

Ushgarak
I can't see any way in which it is more complex. get to 3 you lose an action, get to -3 you gain one.

Trinity_Matrix
Oh yay...SWAT guys. Is there any cover for us around?

tptmanno1
YAY!!!!!!! swat guys!!!!!Fun for the whole family!!

Ushgarak
Ok! Let's kick this off! Again, as you have had warning of this fight, you can begin with weapons drawn.

For your orientation, you are currently in a corridor that the lifts lead out onto. There is little cover here- maybe the water cooler or the odd trolley, worth only one point. There is an exit to the toilets (dead end), to the lifts (full of SWAT), to the stairway (now system changed so it is blocked off), and into the open plan office.

Three of the six lifts are opening and disgorging SWAT. They are armed with either assault rifles or shotguns. They are skill 9, with two points of body armour.

Incidentally, SOMEONE needs to stay on the phone to Dallas. That person will be impeded if trying to use a melee weapon and, obviously, cannot wield a two-handed weapon or two pistols!

Note the numbers attached to Mundanes now. The first number is their suffered Hits, the second their exertion.

Also remember that, in an action, people with the lowest exertion go first.

-----

STATE OF PLAY AT: First Round, first action

Lift corridor

6 SWAT with shotguns 0/0
12 SWAT with assault rifles 0/0

Mors: 11/0/-1
Burn: 8/0/0
Ares: 8/0/0
Cloud: 15/0/-1
San: 11/0/0
Barbarossa: 10/0/0
Hammurabi: 11/0/-1

CURRENTLY OWED ACTIONS: Burn (1), Ares (1), San (1), Barbarossa (1)

-----

Those four are owed actions because their high speed meant they actually started on -3 exertion which translates into an extra action.

Everyone goes before the SWAT guys- either because you are on lower exertion, or because you are on the same exertion and get player privilege.

As you guys should know, you want to hit these guys as hard as possible. Don't forget to post defensive actions if you want them, and don;t forget to post extera ones if you charge into combat! They will get their bonus attacks on you, probably a couple at a time.

tptmanno1
Auto-defence=willow step, unless otherwise stated
3 burst on Shotgun guy
3 bursts on another shotgun guy
(end of one very fast action)
4 bursts on a assault rifle guy
(end of another very fast action)
reload- I think I have to- 10 bursts per clip right..
(end of main action)
3 burst on another assault rifle guy
3 bursts on another assault guy
(end of very fast)
4 on another assault guy
(end of another very fast)
Reload
(end of main turn)

Ushgarak
Wowsa! Which reminds me, Burn. I have you an MP5K Machine pistol instead of the MP5... beause you STILL wouldn't have any clips with the MP5! it is the exact same bulk/weight as the shotgun! As it is, you have one.

Ok, you open fire. Your opening shot is an... evens! How dull. That is a final total of 15, his dodge took him to 11. Ugh! Just short. He is Hit for 4 (your Killing Power with that gun is +3)

Your second burst from your first atack is much better- a +3 blows that guy away!

Your next attack rolls -2, but that is still a 16! And that is a dead on kill, nice shooting!

Ok, then for your main action you re-load... gaianing you two exertion as you put a main with two Very Fasts... but losing you one due to Lightning Reload!

A-ha! But now things become clever. Because now your exertion is ahead of theirs, they now get to act first. Your second turn will come AFTER they fire, and I shall do it when I update.

tptmanno1
ok, cool
damn, I gotta pack a lighter pistol or something!

SpikeSpiegel
Can I attack now?

Trinity_Matrix
Alright, let's take these guys out!

For my banked action:
3 bursts on a shotgun guy.
For my main action:
If the shotgun guy I fired at last turn isn't dead, 3 more bursts on him. If so, 3 bursts on an assault rifle guy.

Shell of the Turtle against any attacks coming my way.

(okay guys, here's some notes here. Main one: WATCH YOUR AMMO. If you run low, steal a gun from a bad guy or something, but ammo runs out fast. And pay attention to who attacks who. Gunners provide cover fire for whoever will run in and fight close combat, which will probably be Cloud and possibly myself.

Oh, and apparently I'm coming down with the flu, so if I just randomly disappear...that's why.)

Ushgarak
Cloud, sure, go for it!

San, you open fire. You roll +1 for a total of 17. His dodge takes him to 11, after the armour, that is a Hit for 4.

You fire again, rolling +1 again, taking him directly to a Hit of 8, and he is out!

SpikeSpiegel
I'll attack the closest guy with a shotgun.
Then Willow Step for defence.

Ushgarak
Attacking how, Cloud?

SpikeSpiegel
Oh right I forgot, WEAPON attack with my katana.

Ushgarak
Heh... sword is out, gotcha.

Ok, that's inviting a couple of reflex attacks; want to dodge those?

SpikeSpiegel
Please

Ushgarak
Okidokey... that's a couple of exertion for you.

They roll +2 and -2 after ka-chinking their shotguns... no chance!

You strike. Good form, you roll +6 for a 20... that is just about enough for a kill! You're nervous, Cloud... you are willing to bet that this can only mean worse luck later!

Bespin Bart
Willow Step to avoid getting shot.

Mors slashes at the nearest SWAT guy with a shotgun with a horizontal blow with the katana.

Captain REX
Ares pulls out his Ingrams Mac 10 and starts firing.

Very Fast Action 1: 3 bursts at a Shotgun, 3 bursts at a Rifle
Very fast Action 2: 3 bursts at a Rifle, 1 bursts at another Rifle

Lightning Reload to fill the clip again.

Ushgarak
Ok, let's see here...

Mors, you charge down the opponents, giving them reflex attacks which you willow step. They miss! Your slash is an evens, for a 14. After his armour is subtratced as he dodges, that is a Hit of 1- a mere glancing blow.

Ares, you fire. You roll -1 against the shotgun guy, giving you a 14, in the end a Hit for 2. Against the assault rifle guy, you get an 18, a Hit for 6, which with your Mundane Killing Power from Coppertop Killer is a kill!

Then three bursts at a rifle guy. You roll -3. Gah! No good, his armour absorbs it. Then one burst at another. -4. Doh!

You then lose an exertion from the Lightning Reload, to counteract the two you just gained. Hmm, didn't want to use your spare action, Ares?

Bad guys fire. 14 shooters, seven targets, two shots on each!

Ooh, Willow Step just saves you there, Burn...

Ares is missed, lucky, he was not taking Defensive Actions.

Cloud JUST missed as well...

San, you dodge very wel- there was a great shot against you- but very expensively!

Barabarossa and Hammurabi are lucky!

-----

STATE OF PLAY AT: First Round, second action

Lift corridor

2 SWAT with shotguns 1/2
1 likewise 4/1
9 SWAT with assault rifles 0/0
2 likewise 0/1

Mors: 6/0/1
Burn: 6/0/3 (exerted)
Ares: 8/0/1
Cloud: 13/0/2
San: 6/0/2
Barbarossa: 10/0/0

CURRENTLY OWED ACTIONS: Hammurabi (1), Ares (1), Barbarossa (2)

-----

Ok, only Barbarossa and Hammurabi have exertion to act before nine of the assault rifles. They fire again now, one attack on everyone except Areas and Burn who get two, Defensive actions against them now, please.

If Barbarossa or Hammurabi kill anyone first, they don't get to fire.

Also post your attacks to be done after that shooting. San and Cloud fire after many of the other Mundanes as well... I shall do their attacks afterwards; if you Willow Stepped against the first lot it counts for those atacks as well.

Don't forget your banked actions!

Captain REX
Willow Step against all shots.

Ares fires 2 bursts at at the hit shotgun.

Then 3 bursts at another shotgun.

Then another 3 at the other shotgun.

The last two bursts are fired at a hit rifle.

Ushgarak
Ok then!

-9 and -3 on the attacks against you- not much good!

Ok, four very fast actions there I see!

-2 on your first shot. Bit vague on your target- they are all hit, so I will pick one of the less hit ones. A hit of 3 on him then, taking him to 4!

+4 on the next one along. Oh, that blows him away easy!

Evens on the next one. Total of 17, a Hit for... well, that will be enough to kill him too!

None of the rifle guys are hit... so I will make that on any old one. You roll -2, in the end a 14, a Hit of 2.

Then losing two exertion brings you back down to zero! Neat.

tptmanno1
remember my banked!

Ushgarak
Crap, I wrote it out... where the hell did that go? Damn damn damn...

So, three bursts on a rifle guy. You roll +6... ow! A kill, and one less attack on you this action... three bursts on another... -1. Hmm. 14 on that guy... a Hit of 3.

Four bursts on another, you roll evens, makes that 18, a Hit of 7, and a kill. So one less guy just fired at Ares as well (missed anyway...)

Then you reload. Puts you at three exertion so you are missing this action, Burn.

Ushgarak
Hang on! Scratch that, what are you reloading with? Don't you mean to draw your Deagle? I shall assume that, puts you on the same exertion as you drop the HK.

tptmanno1
fine, draw the deagle

Ushgarak
You Willow Stepping this action?

tptmanno1
yup, sayd that in the beginging, My use all defence

Ushgarak
Oh yeah. Blimey, that will run you out, you know. 2+3+4... oops, not enough left for actions 3 and 4. I shall remember to put all the attacks on you then!

tptmanno1
HEY!
am I exerted out for 2 rounds or just not enough focus?
and you yell at me for being vague!

Ushgarak
What would being exerted have to do with it? Doesn't stop you taking defensive actions.

You can't afford it.

tptmanno1
I can still shoot right??

Ushgarak
What, right now? You're missing your main action but can take some very Fasts if you want.

SpikeSpiegel
I'll WILLOW STEP for my defence again and WEAPON ATTACK one of those un-hit assault rifle guys.

Ushgarak
Okidokey, so noted... agh, your next stroke is off- difficulty removing it from the guy you just killed, maybe? You roll -3, and your attack merely slices off some of his armour.

BTW, can I please have a firm idea of who has the phone? It's really important.

SpikeSpiegel
Not me I've got both hands on my katana.

Trinity_Matrix
I'll have the phone.

Let's see...3 bursts on the assault rifle guy that Cloud just attacked.

Oh and Willow Step for defense. (damn that shell of the turtle blew a ton of my focus...)

barbarossa
(hey, sorry I'm so late, here's my loadout:

1 Desert Eagle (5/4)
2 Clips (2/1)
1 Ingrams (4/3)
2 Clips (3/2)

Plus all the freebies.)

Banked action no. 1: 4 bursts with the Ingram at an unhit assault rifle guy
Banked action no. 2: 3 bursts at the guy I fired at first if not killed, if not, 3 bursts at another unhit assault rifle guy.
Main action: 3 bursts at an unhit assault rifle guy.

Willow step against any attacks.

(Me and San probably won't be on tomorrow because we're going to our step-dad's family's house.)

Ushgarak
Ok, you open fire, Barbarossa!

First shot is a +2, not bad... takes you to 18. Ends up as a Hit for 5!

You fire again You roll +1, another 3 hits, takes that guy down! Nice.

Then three more bursts empties the clip. Wow! You roll +8, for 23! A Hit for 9, all told, a kill in one go! Blimey, Barb, you are on fire here! You can describe in detail how you kill that +8 guy, as is the reward for such things.

Yes, those two Shells did indeed cost you, San- though they did save you from being hit! You fire again now. +2 for a 16, three hits on that guy.

"Better get a move an, girl," Dallas is saying to you, San. "There are more coming up the stairwell and some will probably break through at your level!"

I won't update tonight as some people will not have been here for New Year's and I am damn tired! Normal service resumes tomorrow...

Captain REX
Good idea, Ush...

I'm confused now...

Lightning Reload wouldn't take away a banked action would it?

Ushgarak
At basic? Yes.

Ushgarak
Ok! Nopw, I still have a few assault rifle attacks on you guys to do from them firing before you acted.

Eek! One of them roll s+5 on Cloud! A hit! 8 damage, darn it, Cloud, you knew this would happen...

Then I have one shotgunner left, who fires at Burn. -6... appalling.

-----

STATE OF PLAY AT: First Round, third action

Lift corridor

1 SWAT with shotgun 1/2
5 SWAT with assault rifles 0/0
1 likewise 0/1
1 likewise 3/2

Burn: 3/0/2
Ares: 6/0/1
Cloud: 10/8/2
San: 4/0/3 (exerted)
Barbarossa: 8/0/1

CURRENTLY OWED ACTIONS: Hammurabi (2), Mors (1)

-----

Ok, most of yuo guys will be acting before the mundanes this time... you should know hiw it works now, if your exertion is higher they will fire before you. Do your attacks and any defensive actions you want anyway, but people like Cloud (on 2 exertion) should remember that if his attacxks kills, say, one of the zero exertion assault rifle guys, he will still have time to shoot someone first, ok?

Only two bursts from the assault rifle guys this turn. Neat.

SpikeSpiegel
I'll attack (and hopefully kill) the final guy with the shotgun. Again WILLOW STEP for defence.

Ushgarak
Ah- your Willow Step, if you want it to be effective against all firers, will actually exert you and so you will miss your action, Cloud. Because all the exertion 0 and 1 bad guys act before you, you see?

SpikeSpiegel
Ahhh yes I didn't see that. How many people will shoot at me?

Ushgarak
I would say... that's probably about a couple of shooters might get in first if you decide to wait with the Willow Step. Mind you, they are only firing two bursts so this might be a good action action to skip it.

tptmanno1
ok, I'm back after flying cross-country yesterday!
3 at a assualt thats unhit
3 '' '' '' '' ''
3 '' '' '' '' ''

Ushgarak
Errr... 3 what Burn?

tptmanno1
Uhh, bulletts from the deagle that i have out according to you who said that i didnt have enough clips in my auto weapon.
*whew*

Ushgarak
Good, so long as you did not mean bursts!

Of course, only 8 bullets in a Deagle... 2 bullets on the last one sound ok?

tptmanno1
oops, sure

Ushgarak
Ok then! You roll -3 for a 12... a Hit for one.

Another -3 for another hit of one!

And +4 on the final shot, for a hit of 8 that kills the guy stone dead!

tptmanno1
sick
damn, crappy shots

Captain REX
Alright, so my banked action was Lightning Reload...

This round!

Very fast action: 3 bursts at Mors...er...an unhit Rifle
Very fast action: 3 bursts at """"""""
Very fast action: 4 bursts at """"""""

Ushgarak
Do I sense some internal dissent, Ares?

Let us see what you get.

+4 on the first attack- nice! a 21! I think he is pretty dead!
+3 on the second for a 20. Hmm, dead again!
Ha! -2 on the third. a 16. A Hit for 4.

Captain REX
Two kills, good enough. How many clips do I have left? There was the one already in the Ingrams, and I think I've reload twice...

For the main action I can use Lightning Reload for this round, right?

Ushgarak
No, you took three Very Fast actions there, Ares, no room for anything else.

You have one loaded (now empty!) and four spare.

Captain REX
Alrighty then...

Trinity_Matrix
Barbarossa says he wants to use Lightning Reload.

Captain REX
Back off, it's mine! stick out tongue

SpikeSpiegel
Very well I shall simply dodge (and most likely get hit) this turn.

Ushgarak
Err, that doesn't really help me, Cloud. Dodge and you still gain the exertion and you still miss your action. I shall assume you make the Willow Step.

Ok, let's see what is going on...

Barbarossa reloads.

Ok, we have an assault rifle attack on each of you still to come, and a shotgun attack on Ares.

Oohh... lucky that turn, guys... no hits.

-----

STATE OF PLAY AT: First Round, fourth action

Lift corridor

1 SWAT with shotgun 1/2
2 SWAT with assault rifles 1/2
1 likewise 5/0
1 likewise 0/1
1 likewise 3/2

Burn: 3/0/2
Ares: 6/0/1
Cloud: 7/8/0
San: 4/0/0
Barbarossa: 8/0/0

CURRENTLY OWED ACTIONS: Mors (2)

-----

I have removed Hammurabi for now until I can confirm he is playing.

"You want to get moving!" says Dallas down the phone to you, San. "There's a load more coming up the stairs, and you need to get across the floor and over to the emergency stairs before they cut you off there as well!"

The assault rifle guys are out of ammo- so they draw nightsticks and prepate to engage you up close...

Ushgarak
Cloud, you take your attack. You roll +2 for a 16- a hit of 3 on him. He is now Hit for 4, but exerted and will not fire.

Trinity_Matrix
Oh yay, guys coming in to fight close-combat when I can't because I've got the damn phone...ah well.

"Guys, we gotta get out of here already! There's more of them coming! We need to get to the emergency stairs before they do." San says, relaying Dallas's message.

And I'm going to fire my remaining two bursts (because that's what's left if I counted...) at the shotgun guy. Basic dodge for defense.

Ushgarak
You can fight, San, you just count as 'armed' for the purpose of powers that normally require you not to be. You can Kick just fine!

You roll evens on your shot for a 15. That is a Hit of two... taking him to 6, he is still up! This one just will not go down!

Trinity_Matrix
Someone PLEASE kill that shotgun guy already...and okay big grin

Captain REX
I'll finish him off with two bursts, Ush. Very fast action, I presume.

Mors, time to go to work with them, if you care to join us...

Then I'll save up the ammo and move into close combat...

For this round, I'll aim a kick at one of the nightstick wielder's heads.

Ushgarak
You have to reload first, Ares! Which takes up the main action. Your shot is a -1, for a 14, but that's enough to finish that guy off.

Captain REX
Righteo!

Now, let me see...Willow Step good for dodging multiple nightstick attacks, right?

Ushgarak
Would work fine. In fact, if any of them tried to enter close combat with you right now, YOU would get the bonus shot on them, for having your loaded gun drawn!

Captain REX
I want to save some of the ammo for the next group, if we don't get out of here quick enough...

Mors will make short work of them.

tptmanno1
I wanna go pick up a shotgun

Ushgarak
Noted. And so you now have!

Ushgarak
I'm going to be bold and move things on...

Ok, the SWAT guys will only attack those who will not blast them back when try try to whack you. So... three attack Mors and two attack Cloud!

They all miss, a result of them being rubbish... Mors and Cloud fend off their blows easily!

End of the round! Focus refreshes, and your exertion resets also.

-----

STATE OF PLAY AT: Second Round, first action

Lift corridor

2 SWAT with assault rifles 1/0
1 likewise 5/0
1 likewise 0/0
1 likewise 3/0

Mors: 11/0/0
Burn: 8/0/0
Cloud: 15/8/-1
San: 11/0/0
Barbarossa: 10/0/-1

CURRENTLY OWED ACTIONS: Mors (3), Barbarossa (1), San (1), Burn (1), Ares (1)

-----

Mors' 3 banked actions (that is the limit, remember) must use the 6 focuis he had left from the first round, and from an exertion of one.

San, Burn and Ares have their speed-based extra actions available again, they will note.

That being the case, you guys ALL act before the SWATS...

Many more SWATS have now reached your floor. One of them is carrying a rocket-propelled grenade launcher, with which he is about to blow open that big metal grate that was put in the way...

tptmanno1
O shit
I cant shoot him can I?
Please please please let me shoot him!

Ushgarak
Nah, you would have to move into position and shooting through the gate is near impossible. You might make it there in time to be blown up by it...

tptmanno1
Ok, now im gonna shoot ALL of the swats with my shotgun and move towards the escape stairs

Ushgarak
heh!

Ok, let's see.

You roll evens on the first shot. That is a 15... which, damn it, is a kill for you.

Then -5. Woo-hoo! You missed one!

Then +6, one heck of a kill to make up...

Then your second action...

-2. Ah, that is only a Hit for 2 on that one.

Ok, at this point, the three remaining guys will charge you down. Burn! Giving you a reflex attack on one of them.

Oh! You rolled -4. Missed!

They roll +1, -1 and -4, and all miss you.

Then you roll +2 (a kill) and evens (sigh... a kill)

That leaves one guy left (hit for 2), and Burn is running into the office area...

2 shots left in that, Burn.

tptmanno1
Is Ush rooting against me!?!?!
grabbing a clip or two on my way out the door!

Ushgarak
That's an exertion unless you want to use Gathering of the Clouds...

tptmanno1
Huh?
*checks thread*
Ahh,
Hello all, I'd like you to meet my new best friend, His name is Gathering of the Clouds

Ush, Yes I'd like to use that

Ushgarak
Excellent. In case you are wandering, Gathering of the Clouds is what Neo uses to pick up the machine gun in mid-Willow Step flip in the Lobby scene.

To celebrate its first use, care ye to describe the athletic way in which you pick up that clip as you move along, Burn?

Trinity_Matrix
Okay, for my banked action I'm going to use Kick of the Grasshopper with Hands without Shadow on the guy hit for 2 (who, if I'm keeping track of everything right, is the last swat guy...)

Then for my main action I'm going to RUN LIKE HELL towards the emergency stairs. (I'd rather not be blown up, thank you very much...) Defense against any attacks coming my way will be Willow Step if more than one attack, otherwise just a basic dodge.

Ushgarak
Oooh, ok... you roll a +2, San, giving you a 16. As he cannot dodge, that is a hit for 5, taking him to 7, and the Mundane Killing Power of that kick is +2 so that is a kill!

As you are now without enemies, I shall use actions, banked or otherwise, to move you all on.

In which case, you now enter the open plan office- as was mentioned before, rather like where Neo works at Metacortex, dozens and dozens of lousy cubicles seperated only by cardbaord or hardboard walls. The corridor leads out to the main wall at the north, with no exits. Back west leads to the lift corridor. All the way across the office, to the east, are the emergency exit stairs, all the way across the office to the south are the windows. People everywhere are screaming, shouting, trying to get out...

There is a large explosion- BOOOOOOOOOOOM! as the grenade blows apart the metal grille by the main staircase. In the dust settling afterwards, as you guys run away, the first SWAT guy comes through.

"Corridor clear!" he yells back to his colleagues. "Proceed to ggggggnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn rrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!" he says, distortedly, as his body convulses and warps.

"Targets located," says the Agent, drawing his gun.

-----

STATE OF PLAY AT: Second Round, second action

Lift corridor

Agent: ?/0/-2

Main Office

Burn: 7/0/0
San: 9/0/0

CURRENTLY OWED ACTIONS: Mors (2), Barbarossa (1), Ares (1)

-----

Mors, who was first into the office, loses time and banked actions trying to push people out of the way.

SpikeSpiegel
Oh great an agent...

Ushgarak
What was that, Cloud? Was that "Ooh, cool, an Agent, can I go fight him?"?

SpikeSpiegel
No it was a Oh great an agent we're all going to die.

Ushgarak
Oh, THAT one... surely the Natural thinks he is up for it?

Note- small rules changes

Firstly, Willow Step and Vertical Dodge have been changed. These powers now only work against attacks made against you on the same exertion, NOT for an entire action. So if some enemies are on exertion 0 and some on exertion 2, you have to chose which group you are using Willow Step or Vertical Dodge against.

On the bright side, this now means you can use different dodges on opponents on different exertions- before you were stuck using Willow Step on everything- and Willow Step goes down in cost to one.

Secondly, if you end a round in negative exertion, rather than that being wasted, you get an extra action. However, this automatically adds three points to your exertion at the end of the round, which may mean (especially if you take Defensive Actions) that you will start with a higher exertion on the round after.

SpikeSpiegel
I am up for it, and I could take him. BUT as my luck isn't very good and it's even worse today I can't.

Ushgarak
Awww, I understand...

Well, you guys are gonna need a game plan!

Ushgarak
Meanwhile... could all ye good people care to check out these latest musings in the Discussion thread?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=939278#post939278

tptmanno1
Ok Ush don't mind if I do,
in mid stiride, I summersault Along the ground, closing over the Shotgun, Then after coming out of the roll I use deft moves to pull the ammo out of the loaded gun and toss it away, all the while running like mad.

I'll take the exertion to fire (Ka-chink) at the Agent and run to the Emergency exit.

scince mors is not here I'm gonna give my opinion.
everyone, expecially ares, run and shoot at the agent. If we can get him to lose a turn to to all the bullet dodges, we have a better chance.

Ushgarak
Heh... that Agent is going to be mean, Burn, and fire his three shots at YOU. Care to dodge?

You roll -3, a 13.

Agent Performs: Bullet Dodge

The shot is a bit wide, Burn. The Agent simply flips up his left arm at high speed to avoid the dispered shotgun shot

(Agent gains no exertion)

Captain REX
Ares comes into play... evil face

Very Fast Action: 4 bursts at Agent
Very Fast Action: 4 bursts at Agent
Main Action: Lightning Reload
Banked Action: Turning and Running!

Trinity_Matrix
Damn agent...

I'm switching guns, since the one I have out is empty and the other is loaded...

Fire 4 bursts at the agent while running (use Gathering of the Clouds, I'm gonna like that new power...heehee) Basic dodge against any attacks.

SpikeSpiegel
Oh yeah I forgot to mention my action...run like hell away from the agent towards the emergency exit.

Ushgarak
Ok, where is it San is actually running to, btw?

Ares... errr... what made you think an Agent is a Mundane?????? You cannot take very fast attacks at him!

San, you roll +2, for a 19.

Agent Performs- Bullet Dodge

This is a tradtional bullet dodge, as the Agent stands and smiles and blurs around for a few seconds, before coming to a halt, all the bullets missed.

(Agent gains three points of exertion)

SpikeSpiegel
Does that mean he's exerted now?

Trinity_Matrix
Oh, the emergency exit, I forgot to put that.

Captain REX
Oh... blink

Forgot!

Ares fires four bursts at the Agent.

Banked Action for running!

Bespin Bart
(Waits to see what is said about Ares' shots and Agents exertion before a) engaging agent for safety of others or b) running my ass off...)

(Sorry about the lack of Bart! My girlfriend wanted to celebrate the new year a little too much... big grin )

Ushgarak
Heh...

"Damn it! Too late" yells Dallas down the line at you, San. "They've cut the exit off, back pedal!" You swerve away just as the door opens and Swat appraoch, San.

Ares, you roll -1 for a 16

Agent Performs- Bullet Dodge

He's getting bored now, but that is another two exertion which exerts him so no action from him next action! (this action we was firing at Burn)

Ok, Mors, your choie...

SpikeSpiegel
Are there any windows that are large enough to jump through and land safely on another building?

Bespin Bart
If I kill him he'll just switch bodies...

I'll keep him busy while the others fight the SWAT...

Trinity_Matrix
"Damn it, any other way out of here?" San says into the phone.

Bespin Bart
Mors approaches the Agent. "The rest of you, take care of the SWAT team...I'll keep our suited friend here busy..."

Mors stares at the Agent. "Agent Daniels I presume? Or some other look-alike program?" He holds his katana out in front of him.

Banked Move 1: Hand of the Jade Emperor
Banked Move 2: Kick of the Grasshopper
This Action: Bite of the Dragon sword swing

Natural Order if he shoots at me. Dodge if he punches.

Ushgarak
Cloud asks a question that Rade asked me in private before...

Remember this building was in a plaza. There are no adjacent buildings.

Mors, as you are actions ahead of the others you wer clearing a path to the emergency exit, swerving out the way the same time San does.

"I remember you," comes a voice from behind, just as you were about to run back towards the Agent in the corridor.

(Dallas will be with you soon, San...)

Ushgarak
Remember that Agent is a move away from you, Mors.

Also you may want to react to what was just said to you.

SpikeSpiegel
Any other ways out? Like could I ask for a parachute and jump out of the window?

Ushgarak
No parachutes...

SpikeSpiegel
Hmmmmm, "Mr. Agent, why do you want us? Surely we share a common enemy in Jericho. He also tried to get those plans about the machines, why not go and see him first?" and let us escape in the meantime stick out tongue

SpikeSpiegel
Are the Philosophy guys up against an agent too?

Ushgarak
Ok, no defensive action from Burn, it seems. The Agent rolls +3, for 16- a Hit. Six damage to you, Burn, as those bullets get uncomfortably close...

Mors, you turn when you hear the voice, Just come through the emergency exit doorway, is Agent Daniels. Heis gun is pointed at you...

-----

STATE OF PLAY AT: Second Round, third action

Lift corridor

Agent 2: ?/0/3 (exerted)

Main Office

Agent 1: ?/0/-2
3 SWATS with Assault rifles 0/0

Burn: 7/6/0
San: 9/0/0

CURRENTLY OWED ACTIONS: None

-----

Ok, the situation is this. Mors, you cannot use your banked actions to attack the Agents as they were not ther wwhen you missed them. I will burn up all your banked actions into being able to be in whatever position to fight either Agent that you wish.

The rest of you are still at the North Side of the office.

"The windows!" yells Dallas, San. "Get to the windows!"

Crossing the office, with all the people and cubicles in the way, will take three actions. Describe how you wish to cross it any way you like...

Ushgarak
That Agent (Agent 2 in the corridor) kinda cannot hear you through all the shooting, Cloud, Unless you wanted to talk to Daniels.

Now, why would I throw an Agent at the Philosophy Path?

SpikeSpiegel
I dunno, to give them as harda time as we're getting...

Ushgarak
Hmm, well, you guys did chose this Path...

Trinity_Matrix
There's TWO agents now??!!??!! *falls over*

I'm going to start running towards the windows (and hope that everyone else picks up on this...) ducking between cubicles and knocking down any coppertops that happen to get in my way. Basic dodge in case the agent feels inclined to shoot at me.

Ushgarak
Okidokey. Actually ducking in and out of cubicles? That will give you cover but slow you up a bit.

BTW, anyone who can count should have sussed those Agent's combat scores.

Trinity_Matrix
Hmmm...could I do it this way, where I run straight through but duck into a cubicle at the very end of the action (as in when I've gotten as far as I could in one action), so therefore I could still get a little cover but not be slowed up so much?

Ushgarak
Well, basically, for each exertion per action you are willing to gain to duck into a cubicle, that is worth two points of cover.

Ushgarak
Oops... I know what I forgot to add.

Three SWAT guys with Assault rifles who came up the stairs and are now in the office. I shall add those in now...

Trinity_Matrix
Ehh, screw it then, just run straight through.

Ushgarak
Ok. Want to change your defensive actions with those SWATS in mind?

Trinity_Matrix
How many SWAT guys are there? And yeah, make my defense Willow Step against the SWAT guys, basic dodge against the agent.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>