"i dont want to lose you..."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bigsef2
in ESB, luke has a vision of han and leia in trouble. so he decides to leave his training and go off to confront a powerful sith lord in an effort to save them. obi-wan tells luke: "i dont want to lose you the same way i lost your vader" or something along those lines. luke asks: "what? am i just supposed to let them die?" and yoda says if he VALUES WHAT THEY FIGHT FOR, then yes.

based on this, i think its very possible that anakins final turn to the dark side happens when he disobeys the council-and obi-wan-to try to save a loved one. who would this person be? i dont think it takes a rocket scientist to figure it would be padme. i beleive in Episode III, dooku will capture padme as shes fighting against his army and anakin will turn to the dark side when he tries to free padme from dooku. anakin will free her, but at the cost of turning to the dark side. a bittersweet ending to episode III. thoughts?

ToMacco
Hmm. . .
I think what Obi-wan meant was that he didn't want Luke to go off when he wasn't ready. It's obvious that Anakin thinks he is a very powerful Jedi (from the knowledge we've gained from the trailers). So Ani probably went off to face danger when he hadn't 'turned full circle', so to speak.

yerssot
well, sounds good, but like Ush here, I have to say: Anakin was tricked, saving a lost one is not being tricked, or there are things to it that we haven't discussed here

bigsef2
but the actual leaving obiwan to save padme isnt want turns him to the dark side. i beleive at some point while hes there sidious manages to trick him. possibly saying the jedi are working with dooku or something to get padme. i think the death of his mother must tie into his being tricked somehow.

yerssot
on the official website it said that Anakin didn't like the slow pace of OB1's teaching... just a point...

ToMacco
Yeah, I don't think that he will be tricked. I think Sidious is going to convince Anakin that he is much more powerful than he thinks, and that Obi-wan is holding him back.

Ushgarak
The comment is that he didn;t want to lose Luke the same way he lost Vader.

This is complimented by Yoda's line, when he says that if Luke suns off to face the EMperor before he is ready he will follow the fate of his father.

These two comments always made it look like, to me, that an over-confident Anakin was actually on a mission to stop Palpatine when he fell.

bigsef2
what could better make anakin change his mind about defeating palpatine than finding out that palpys his dad! sorry, i couldnt resist. smile

queeq
Bigsef likes putting his membership of this board on the line. wink

Ushgarak
One assumes this is where Palpatine's deceitful ways come into it... but I think we can all make a hoit bet that defeating Dooku is in there somewhere, as his confrontation with Palpatine echo's Luke's confrontation in ROTJ.

queeq
Sounds logical to me.

yerssot
guess it's correct, but I hope there will be a big surprise to come!

bigsef2
i think there will also be a parallel drawn between darth vader and lukes in ESB. especially the whole, "together we can rule the galaxy bit." except anakin accepts.

yerssot
I hate it when people suggest that (and I hate it that it's true...)

bigsef2
so you feel GL is running out of ideas, or you just dont like TOO MANY parallels b/w the trilogies?

yerssot
why must their be parallels??

Ushgarak
GL wants them to 'rhyme'.

yerssot
wich I find stupid!

mah
why?

yerssot
then it's like Luke is doing exact the same as Anakin, no surprise, nothing that will be enjoyable...

bigsef2
the whole purpose of these movies IS to show parallels between luke and anakin. when watching the movies in order, we will know the steps anakin takes, and how those actions lead him to the dark side. then we see luke, his son, his only shot at redemtion, following those same steps. it ups the ante, so to speak, as to whether luke will follow the same dark path as his father. from vaders perspective, he can see that luke goes through the same things he went through. but luke does not turn, the emperor does not trick him, luke will die trying to turn his father back to the light side. THAT is why anakin turns. you may say its stupid, but in reality, its superb storytelling.

yerssot
for me it's just not being orginal! probably because I know the OT already

bigsef2
no matter what GL does with these movies, you know were going to be dissapointed. and you also know that after we get used to the idea that they didnt turn out the way we wanted them to, were going to like em, anyways! just like with TPM.

yerssot
Maul rulez!

Ushgarak
I agree with bigsef; the mirrored jorneys make for good storytelling.

Julie
Mirrored journey.....hmmm....interesting.

I like the thought....but Anakin's being tricked....and Anakin's turning to the dark side to saved a loved one....both seem a bit out of character for him.

"Some day I will be the most powerful jedi ever...." Though I do believe that it is a conscious choice to turn to the dark side.

bigsef2
no one has ever argued that anakins turning to the dark side is what GL means when he says he was tricked. no one can be tricked into becoming something so evil. what tricked means, is that at some point along the line, anakin was tricked, and that led him down a course of actions that caused him to DECIDE to turn to the dark side. He is tricked, so we can feel sorry for him, he didnt have everything going in his favor, but in the end, he made a decision.

Julie
Your saying Anakin's tricked then a snowball effect takes place....then he decides to be evil??? confused

When did GL say Anakin was tricked?

bigsef2
a year or so ago

Julie
ohhh I see...well if it came "straight from the horses' mouth" I guess We ought to take it seriously, huh.

Ushgarak
Yeah, but it was so vague it is hard to make anything of it.

Julie
Your saying people could have been jumping to conclusions??? eek! ....

yerssot
really?

Julie
What an astonishing revelation that is!!!!!!!

yerssot
*falls of chair*

Julie
Are you hurted, Yerssot?????

yerssot
I'm fine, got a little shreded by the shock!

Julie
Well snap out of it you!....we need your mind at full functioning capacity wink

After all...I don't want to lose you too

bigsef2
how is it that every one of these posts as of lately has strayed from the discussion and ended up a pointless arry of mindless comments. no offense to anyone, ive made little quips, too. but can we try a little harder to either stay on track or close the threads? its a little irritating to have 100 emails of replys to these threads and then check them and its just mindless dribble

Julie
It's hard to stay on topic when you forget the topic!

No offence taken, but we like to go down bunny trails big grin
can't help it man.

bigsef2
cant we have just one bunny trail thread? all weve got going in any of these threads right now is crap

Julie
ok...here's our topic again I don't want to lose you too.......start us off fresh, Big.

bigsef2
ug, i cant even remember what weve already discussed on the matter. And i dont feel like going back and looking over.

I think Obiwan said that line to Luke because Luke was starting along the same path anakin did when he turned. And that was when Luke halts his training in an attempt to save his friends. I feel Anakin will turn when Anakin leaves to save padme from some danger.

Julie
exactly...I totally agree. smile

Ushgarak
It's the mod's job to decide when a thread has to be closed or brought back on topic, bigsef. Feel free to talk to one of the mods in this area.

yerssot
CLOSE IT!!! big grin

Julie
ok...I'll jump on the bandwagon......close it wink

bigsef2
i dont necessarily think posts should be closed by a moderator, i just get irritated having 100 emails of dribble. smile

Julie
Ahhhh....ya have said that before , laddy.

*dribble, dribble dribbe* big grin

yerssot
who or what is dribble?

Julie
I don't know....Big said he didn't like having 100 e-mails full of it....so I did that just to annoy him...I think he means meaningless thoughts

yerssot
well, you are meaningless, so you could be right wink

Julie
Thanks...I'm honored you think so roll eyes (sarcastic)

of course I'm right big grin

bigsef2
is there a way that i can make replys on the threads and not have it send me an email when someone else replies? i know i can select the option when i write my own replies, but is there anyway to make it default NOT to send me an email notification?

Julie
I don't know.....but I see your indignation...and the reasoning.....I had to take a minute just to delete all the e-mails w/o looking at them sad

yerssot
on the upper-right you have to push on user cp, then on Edit Options, there you have the option: Use 'Email Notification' by default? set that as no and that's all

bigsef2
i love you yesserot. smile

yerssot
in wich way?

bigsef2
all ways smile

just kidding. i was saying that b/c you showed me how to get rid of all those damn emails.

Ushgarak
If that doesn't work, make sure you un-subscribe to all threads from your personal options. You only get e-mail notification on subscribed threads, normally.

yerssot
just razzing a bit big, no problem

queeq
Very off topic this and it deals with questions that belong in support.

CLOSING!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.