Only a Test...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

theEviljedi
I read somewhere that Lucas made Jar Jar as a test for future CGI characters in the prequels.Seeing how detailed Jar Jar was then whats next?Lucas said that a new CGI character would appear and would be much more detailed.My only conclusion-the new Sith apprentice.Personally I hate the idea but do you think that this is the CGI character he was refering to?

Darth Daft
I have wondered if the new Sith Lord might be CG. After all they might want to go with one that isn't so human shaped like Maul was. I guess they'd still need someone to stand in for the lightsabre duels though. Christenson can't have a duel with thin air.

theEviljedi
Nick Gurland?

Darth Daft
Yes or perhaps even Nick Gillard. smile

theEviljedi
Oops.Sorry about that.It's been a long day.

Darth Daft
Well it certainly ain't Christopher Lee. Be cool if they got Ray Park to come back and do it. Then he'd play two different Sith Lords, which would be quite a privilage.

theEviljedi
He should play Boba or one of the Fetts.

Darth Daft
Was it once rumoured that Jet Li was going to play Boba Fett? It would be cool if he did.

theEviljedi
Yeah,but I think Lucas wants to go with a little kid instead.sad

Darth Daft
Yeah that is pretty annoying. Even if Boba Fett were 20 in Episode 2 he'd still be around 40 in the OT and there's nothing wrong with that. I think he should be around the same age as Anakin.

theEviljedi
Yeah.Anakin was still active so why couldn't he?They should have him be 25 in Epi.II and really athletic{Jet Li-like}So when he is in the OT he would be older and couldn't perform those activities aswell.That would work.

Darth Daft
Yes that would go well with the OT. But a little boy would just be annoying. I don't want to see any more kids in the new films. Not that I don't like them its just that in the OT there are no kids, so it would stick with the style if they didn't use any kids other than Lloyd in TPM.

theEviljedi
Yeah.Anakin and his friends were too much for me.

Darth Daft
Yeah they weren't needed at all. Don't know why Lucas even added them in there. I think it would have been better if he had have made it seem like Anakin had no friends as that would make him seem more like a rebellious mercenary type character. It might also make the audience feel sorry for him.

Gundark
CG characters, while incredibly realistic, still doesn't beat the real thing. When I watch the video of ANH, the seams and bad continuation and all the special effects of its time are great. Its scratchy and grainy and I never get tired of seeing it. Its like, George put his heart and soul into this film, not into a computer.

theEviljedi
A rebel huh?That is a great idea.smile

Darth Daft
Well most of the Jedi we've seen have seemed rebellious.
And Gundark I agree that CG doesn't look as effective as the real thing. To tell you the truth I don't think Industrial Light and Magic is actually that great at realisim. Watch the ships in Starship Troopers and you'll notice that they're all a lot more realistic than things like the Queen's Royal Starship and the Naboo Starfighter. It always looks like we're just watching animation in Star Wars, like a disney cartoon. Other films manage to retain the realism of normal life.

Ratcat
Picking up on something near the top of this post, I have it on VERY GOOD authority that Ray Park is DEFINATELY NOT involved in Episode-II.

theEviljedi
As do I.

Ratcat
Confusion Alert. Good authority he's in or out? I hope your answer is out cos the horse mouth doesn't lie. smile

Dim
What are you talking about "the horse's mouth doesn't lie"? Refering to Lucas?...

How can a horse lie if it doesn't speak?...stick out tongue

theEviljedi
Your forgeting Mr. Ed.smile

Darth Daft
I thought someone from lucasfilm said that Ray Park would return but in a different part?

theEviljedi
There were rumors that he was to be one of the instructors to the others.{Ewan,Hayden,etc.}

Darth Daft
He would probably make a good character in the Matrix. I heard he really liked the first film and would love to be in one of the sequels.

Dim
*rolls her eyes*...oh lord no. If those sequels don't suck I'll be very very suprised.

Darth Daft
Why? Andy and Larry Wachowski or whatever they're called seem very talented. They were very creative in the first films and don't seem like the sort of guys to make a poor sequel. Kind of like how we don't expect Episode 2 to be bad.

UnknownBountyHunter
The reason we don't expect Ep. 2 to be bad, which I know it won't, is because of the fact that the climax of the whole movie series is about to surface, bringing the tension up a couple hundred notches, and the excitement, another hundred.

Darth Daft
I know. Plus the fact that we're all major Star Wars fans and to us, a new Star Wars movie CANNOT suck, no matter how bad the script or the acting is.

UnknownBountyHunter
Nothing is bad, just overly sane.

Gundark
My only regret after watching a new SW movie for the first time is that I can't watch it again for the first time.

Darth Daft
That doesn't bother me too much. In fact, the first time I saw TPM was actually the worst. But then, that's coz it was on a pirate video filmed at an American cinema and then sent here to England. I wasn't disappointed, oh no, its just that the sound was terrible and the picture quality was pretty poor too.

Ratcat
Gundark, that's almost, well... PROFOUND.

DD, Patience is the way to the light side. I had a "dodgy" camcorder vid on 2 CD's for ages but refused to watch it until it got to the cinema.

I am so glad I did becasue once I watched it on the CD after seeing on the big screen I was so disappointed by the pirate that it went straight in the bin.

Darth Daft
Hey, that's exactly what my pirate was! 2 CDs. And the second CD begins with the podrace. I don't actually know much info about it though, coz it wasn't actually mine, it was my friends. So I don't know where he got it from.

Gundark
Okay, let me get this straight...now everybody I ship a tv to has to also include a VCR and a copy of all 4 videos. You people drive a hard bargain, but I'll try. smokin'

Thanks for the complement, RC, I'll try to think up more profound things in the future. Who knows, maybe someday it will get me into JC. stick out tongue stick out tongue

theEviljedi
So Daft,your telling me that you bought a boot leg?Shame on you.:P

Darth Daft
I didn't buy it. Like I said, it was one of my friends who got it, because he works at a post office. He brought it round and put it on the computer and I was so surprised and excited about it that I couldn't help but watch it all the way through. I'm certainly not going to do that with Episode 2 though. No sirree.

Ratcat
I used to have access to a dedicated 2Mbit line that went directly into telehouse and onto the transatlantic internet backbone so I actually downloaded it from a newsgroup about a week after the US release. It had arabic subtitles on it.

Like I said it was extremely disappointing and I ended up destroying it in the end.

I have to say I was torn between it being an iligal bootleg and it being the first new Star wars movie (ewoks don't count!!!) for 17 years. But then after I got it I decided not to watch it before paying up my money to see it in the theater a few times.

queeq
I got the same bootleg you got, Daft. Only a few weeks after it came out in the US. Me living in Europe gave me the excellent opportunity of seeing it so soon, about five months before it came out here.
I'll watch it again if I'd get one. Unless Lucas Film releases SW2 worlwide, which I would prefer.

queeq out

Darth Daft
I agree. An international release like Blair Witch 2 would be great. It would make it easier for us all to discuss it after its release. Otherwise all the members in America would be talking about it A LOT, and we would have nothing to say. They'd be like, "Oh yeah I really liked the bit where-" and we wouldn't have a clue what to say.

theEviljedi
I forgot that you guys don't see it the same time as we Americans dosad .And Blair Witch sucked Daft.

queeq
And if not, one of you yanks will just have to send us the bootlegs again...

queeq out

Darth Daft
It'll be tempting, but I'd rather wait till its released at the cinema. The forum will be cluttered with topics once everyone's seen it. And there'll be loads to discuss about Episode 3, as Lucas has said Episode 2 ends with a cliffhanger.

Oh and EJ, I agree that Blair Witch 2 sux. I was just using it as an example as its the latest film that was an international release.

Gundark
I saw the first Blair Witch but not the second, but now I won't bother if everybody says it sux that bad.

queeq
I just want to see it ASAP. That's all and I don't care in what format. I saw TPM about four or five times before it came out in my country. The fun part was that you can pay a lot of attention to all the details. You already know the story and how the story is built up, what shots are being used etc. So when you see in the in theater it is all very clear and sharp and a lot wider. That way the movie keeps surprising you. In fact, the second time I saw in the theater I was a bit more disappointed. I must have seen the OT about thirty of forty times and TPM actually started boring me when I saw it for the sixth time. And a bit angry because of all the missed opportunities.

So, if you have a bootleg before it releases here in Europe, sign me up.

queeq out

theEviljedi
So when Epi.II comes out in America I will have known all the secrets when you guys are left in the dark?That's sad.sad

Darth Daft
Yep, sure is. Depending on the condition of the forum, i.e. how much discussion there is about your opinions on the movie I may probably leave for ages and wait till I've seen it too.

theEviljedi
I would probally do the same.I'm probally going to bring a recorder so I can listen to the movie over and over again.The minute I get home I will definetly be posting with total spoilers.

queeq
We'll be waiting in anticipation, EvilJedi. Bring a camera and tape it all, stream it into the computer and mail it to us.

queeq out

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.