sabres

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

yerssot
you know what I find strange?
If you see scenes without FX you'll see (I'm talking about Duel of the Fates here) that Maul has his double lightsabre in red, but OB1 and QGJ's are both green....

And I saw (perhaps it was R2-D2 beneath the Dome) that SLJ also had a green one...
why is obi-wans green? why not blue? that would eas things up!

Ratcat
Well the colour isn't THAT important to the final colour in the CG process.

bigsef2
you must also remember that they are shooting against a BLUESCREEN. if the prop stick were blue, it wouldnt really work correctly. his prop stick is green so that it contrasts with the blue screen in the background.

yerssot
I know, but why do they do that? I mean, why not everything green or red?

bigsef2
it wouldnt work well because the sabers strike eachother. and cross paths, it would make the work harder for the guys that go in later and put everything in on the computer. aside from that, lets say youre the guy that paints them. you cant use blue. are you going to paint them all green or red? heck no! youre going to give the baddies red, and the good guys green! smile

yerssot
sorry, we posted at the same time ...

well... true, guess that solves all ...

yerssot
wait, this is in the wrong place! shoot!
well, another question: Ush asked a month or so ago, what the differences were between the sabres of OT and PT, how come there are differences?

Ushgarak
You can spend a while wondering about that. The literal reason is that they were designed in two seperate blocks, of course.

bigsef2
woooah there. the sabers are different? how?

Ushgarak
Go and heck the thread in trivia, where I go through it in detail. There are three main differences, though- the buttons, the means they are slung on the belt, and fins vs. ridges.

yerssot
you don't have to heck it, just checking will be fine...
but why did they made a slide? I mean, a button is much better!

bigsef2
this is the prequel trilogy. maybe they didnt invent buttons yet. hahaha

yerssot
it's the other way around! they had buttons but they changed it to slides!

bigsef2
then maybe GL just has a drug problem. eek!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.