who survies ep3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dark lord
there are a few things that we all know that will hapen in the 3rd film
1, ani obi fight ani gets his ass wooped and becomes vader
2, plaply/sidous there conection is explanied
3, padme has the twins and survies
4, yoda is the only member of jc 2 survive

im taking bets on the rest of em
2/1 on vader woops windus ass
52/1 obi wan choking jar jar with the jedi choke hold
2/1 some 1 saying 'i have a bad feeling about this
100/1 padme in a gold bikni
15/1 the jedi being in deep shit

Ushgarak
Gosh, you are going to lose a lot of money on the 'bad feeling' thing, aren't you? Surely that should be something like five to one in favour...

You should rate thungs like 'Clones all destroyed', perhaps as opposed to 'Clones become Stormtroopers'

Also 'Palpatine beats Yoda'

And a mention of Dooku would be good... will Anakin beat both Dooku AND Windu? Perhaps higher odds on him doing the double. Get an accumlator bet going here!

JediOasis
I'll bet Padme dies, it would leave too many questions if she survives. Its a tragedy in the words of George Lucas so she has to bite the dust. We know Yoda, OB1, the droids, Anakin(sort of) the twins all survive so one major character has to go and its gonna be Padme.

bigsef2
padme CANT die in EP3 for one reason and thats all there is to it. leia remembers her mother. luke doesnt. leia must have spent considerably more time with her mother than luke. unless Episode III spans a period of months, or possibly years, which i will remind you has never happened in a star wars movie, padme CANT die in Episode III. She will be very much alive at the end of Episode III. Although we will have hints as to what her future fate will be. We will know what happens to her in Episode IV.

ToMacco
I think you mean Episode VI.

We will see the death of Padme. If we don't, I will personally kick George Lucas' ass.

bigsef2
No, I actually meant Episode IV, although I should have made that more clear. Sorry. I beleive at the end of Episode III, there will be one of two scenarios:
1. we will find out that Padme has a short time to live due to a sickness or something like that so its just assumed shes dead by Episode IV. OR
2. we will know that Padme takes up residence on Alderaan and watches Leia from afar, and leia grows up beleive that she has died. When we see Vader allow Tarkin to destroy Alderaan In Episode IV, we will know he is consciously allowing his wife to die. This will add continuity between the trilogies. We might even see scences of her in the Final Edition of the Original Trilogy, since we know Lucas has shot new footage for those editions. It would also add greater meaning. We know anakin is vader. we know Padme is on Alderaan. And we will know what Vader is thinking as he holds his daughter as she watches her home, and her mother, die because of HIM. this could be seen as a turning point for vader, where he starts to soften up. When you look at the trilogy, the destruction of Alderaan is vaders last truly evil act.

ToMacco
Hmm. . . interesting, but no.

Vader is a bastard in Empire: he tortures Han, he lies to Lando.

We will see the demise of Padme. Otherwise it raises too many questions.

Like I've said before, if we don't see Padme die, there will be three more movies.

yerssot
Doesn't this belong in the EpIII theory thread?

Well, Padma will die of sadness, I think...

"She died when I was very young, she was kind ... but sad..."

bigsef2
im sorry, padme is just too damn hot to die of sadness, so no. she lives, and she will show us some skin! big grin

yerssot
sure thing roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ushgarak
There will be three more films if we do not see Padme die? What utrter nonsense! How would three more films change that situation at ALL?

Sometimes, some things are best left to the imagination.

yerssot
Well, I like it the way it is now, nothing major about her, just the explanation in EpVI

Dim
She doesn't seem to have the wilted flower kind of character to die of sadness.

Ushgarak
Depends how she is AFTER the big badness happens.

queeq
How would you feel? Love of your life turns to everything you hate.... one of your children taken away in hiding and you have to hide the other from the rest of the universe as well.... Sounds like reason enough to "wither away". She might, Leia said she was sad.

Julie
Being sad and dying are a far cry from each other.

yerssot
dieing of sadness isn't

King Jedi
Sometimes, some things are best left to the imagination

Yes but not this. It's too risky. I've said it before but Lucas is counting on us feeling sorry for Anakin and I don't think most people will. If Padme died then I'd be sad.

yerssot
whatta ya want? a lightsabre through her?

bigsef2
id like to stab her with my lightsaber. big grin

yerssot
so nobody would like to see her living then?

queeq
I doesn't really matter does it? After EpIII Padme's no longer a relevant character and there is some 20 years between EpIII and ANH. Which mean Padme would be around 50 years old. If she goes to live on Alderaan, we know she dies anyway when Tarkin's Big Bang livens the place up. Then in ROTJ we learn she died earlier. What else do you need?

yerssot
Heck, she can't die on Alderaan!
How would Leia know if Padme was on Alderaan???

queeq
Pardon?????? Leia is from Alderaan. Leia Organa remember? Adopted daughter of Bail Organa (probably).

yerssot
sorry, didn't explained it good enough there,
what I ment was:

Padme couldn't be on Alderaan when it exploded because Leia said: She died when I was very little,
in ANH, she wasn't little and how could she know it was her mother, then she would know that she was adopted (hence; here shock and the line I always knew for some reason or something like that)

queeq
Okay, yerss. Read this quote again and tell me exactly what you don't get? And where it contradicts what you just said?

yerssot
ow, it's in bold, I can't read it then!

queeq
Pardon?

Well, go back to my my post about the destruction of Alderaan.

yerssot
but I don't want to!

queeq
Thanks for playing.

Julie
Does Leia know for certain that her motehr died when she was very little?.....Does she know she's adopted?.....or did her adoptive mother die when she was very young.....Ahhh I'm really confused now confused

queeq
Yes, from what we understand from she says in ROTJ.

Julie
Yes to which question...I asked several.

Ushgarak
We have no reason to think she was talking about anything other than her real mother, Julie. That was clearly the intention of that scene.

Julie
Ohhh thanks for clearing that up , USH.

yerssot
"Do you remember your mother, ... your REAL mother?"
-Luke, ROTJ

I'll take a wild guess, and say she talked about her REAL mother...
Could be wrong though roll eyes (sarcastic)

King Jedi
Though that doesn't mean that Leia remembers her dying. She could have been told that she died by her foster parents.

yerssot
otherwhise wouldn't she say: They told me that she died when I was very little?

King Jedi
No.
Luke asks her if she remembers her mum. She said she just remembers images and feelings. Then says "She died when I was very young". Shes just explaining why she can't remember anything else. She's not saying that she remembers her dying.

Julie
Don't you roll your eyes at me , Yerssot...or I'll be force to bash you over the head with the blunt end of a lightsaber.....

....gee those feeling things can be so hard to describe smile big grin stick out tongue

yerssot
Luke asked about her REAL mother, not her mother, that's a difference...

and Julie, don't get cocky, I'm a master with the Force, the lightsabre, two single lightsabres, the double-edgelightsabre and even TWO double-edgelightsabre!
And we aren't talking about martial arts!

Julie
Now who's the cocky one...Mr. "I can handle just about everylightsaber ever made"????

Besides your not supposed to play with sharp objsects....You'll poke your eye out.....you'll poke your eye out...... big grin

Ushgarak
Impressive to poke your own eye out with a lightsabre. You would need long arms.

yerssot

Julie
The eyes may be safe but the appendages are not.....so careful anyway big grin

queeq
Isn't the length of a lightsabre blade adjustable? That's what the buttons are for according to the Visual Dictionary.

yerssot
yes, but then you must have 4 crystals in your sabre, and then you can also adjust the power of the sabre

Ushgarak
WHoa whoa whoa... hold your horses on all that sabre stuff. We have bog all good evidence about that. And go to Bob Brown's site to find out why all this multi-crystal adjustable blade stuff looks VERY flimsy.

yerssot
you are really obsessed by that site!

Julie
Who's this Bob Brown chap anyway?????

yerssot
a guy that has a whole website with every SLIGHTEST thing about lightsabres... really obsest

Julie
I see.....what's the link to think obsessed guy's web site devoted to all thing lightsabers?

yerssot
because the site is about lightsabres!

Ushgarak
Bob Brown is a COMPLETE nut who has some VERY strange, but well-researched, Star Wars theories. Much of it is interesting reading but nuttier than a nut cake of nuttiness, but his lightsabre section is top-notch. All you will ever needs to know, and a fair bit more... quite worrying, really. Here:

http://www.synicon.com.au/sw/

And find the lightsabre section.

He has his own forums too but.. don't bother. VERY technical there.

bigsef2
interesting......

yerssot
the other sections won't work with me sad

Ushgarak
A lot of them have not been 'converted' yet. His site went down some four motnhs ago and did not re-appear until last month. He closed all threads on his forums that opened up to ask what had happened to his site. I would not be surprised if he had some official trouble from Lucasfilm or some such thing.

yerssot
lol,
funny,

queeq
So? Are lightsabre blades adjustable in length or not? If not, what are all those buttons for then? Even Vader, Luke, ANH-OB1 had buttons on their sabres.

bigsef2
they only can change their length in the EU. honestly, as far as the buttons on the lightsabers go, i think people are reading waaaaaaay too much into things. the lightsaber handles are props. theyre supposed to look cool. thats it.

yerssot
It stayed EU untill it's shown in the movie...
And according to... don't know anymore, EU or BTM, Vader can adjust the lenght of the sabre and the power of the light

queeq
So these Lucasfilm background info sources like Visual Dictionary and BTM are all bogus????

And when we consider everything props then we shouldn't discuss anything. A lightsabre doesn't even exist. So there... stick out tongue

yerssot
well ... I think it's EU... but it can also be facts from the movies that are collected...

Ushgarak
No, there is NO evidence that the lenghts can be changed. At all. And yes, queeq, all that stuff in the VD and so on is just so much nonsense.

DOUBLY so the BTM CD, which just took all its info from West End Games Star Wars RPG, which in turn was just made up on the spot when they wrote ot/

yerssot
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

That means that the reaction of the stormtrooper when he gets shot is EU smile

queeq
So all these buttons serve no purpose and it's all bogus stuff to make it look good?

yerssot
hey! It does look good!
(and not all is EU!)

Ushgarak
Tell me what buttons you are worried about, queeq.

bigsef2
he is referring to what i beleive are purely decorative buttons on the lightsabers. (i think the prop guys just put buttons there to make the sabers look cooler. They are JUST PROPS afterall)

yerssot
I see!

Well, if lightsabres are props, remember that X-wings are also props, and that their stuff (the things we don't see them using) are therefor also decoration

bigsef2
yes, yess. you are correct. alot of stuff is added simply to give objects a "layered" look. so they dont look static and two-dimensional. thats how they are designed. then, a couple years later, when they decide to create some sort of technical manual, some punk comes in and says, "well this little protrusion here does this, and this thingy here does that."

Ushgarak
BTW, yerss, the BTM-CD is still VERY good. Just all its 'technical' info is taken from the role-play- a VERY common occurence in Star Wars merchandise.

yerssot
As always big grin

Well, they did that because they didn't knew in 1977 if there would be more functions they needed to have like in 2002 with
R2 his new function: taking bread

queeq
Well, Maul's sabre has four buttons at least. I think Vader's sabre had a few.

yerssot
If I have more time I can give you a detailed plan of Vaders sabre, I can't get Mauls one...

queeq
*waiting*

yerssot
sorry, can you get the BTM cd perhaps?

queeq
I have it, but I thought you were going to do the work this time. wink

yerssot
sorry, printer broke down

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.