The Last Crusade

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ok i thought i had seen the last installment in the indiana jones series but apparently i never have, cause i just watched it and i don't remember ever seeing this one...and boy was i missing out...i loved this film, i dunno why specifically but something about this movie was just great, better than "raiders ofthe lost ark" and def better than "the temple of doom" when this movie ended i was just like wow what a great film...such a great movie

ragesRemorse
i love the indy trilogy some of my most favorite movies. One thing i dont understand though, how can you say crusade is better than raiders? Raiders is perhaps one of the greatest cinematic masterpieces ever. I mean i like them both, but Raiders is just a movie in a league of it's own with the action, the story and characters.

ragesRemorse
i agree with you on it being better than temple of doom though. good that you finally got to see it aswell

Fallen Jedi
You know 113, you actually surprised me here. Though we obviously disagree about a lot of things (Spiderman, Matrix, LOTR), I find it amazing that we both agree on the Last Crusade. I didn't believe it was possible that we could agree on any movie...or anything for that matter. But this time I have to hand it to you. The Last Crusade is definitely the best of the Indiana Jones Trilogy. Harrison Ford and Sean Connery were both great! I heard rumors of another Indiana Jones in the works and that Sean Connery was interested too.

i dunno why i think it's better though..i have no basis for my argument other than i just finished the movie feeling really good, and proud to of seen such a great film(which i rarely get after seeing a movie unless it's exceptional in my view)
raiders was great no doubt, but i just like last crusade more

ragesRemorse
yeah all of the indy movies express emotion through the screen. I wasnt trying to make any points, i just cant see how any one thinks temple or crusade are the better of the series, just biased i guess. There all great films. One of the rare franchises where the sequals live up to the original film. I liked it better when the movie was based around indy alone instead of several characters, and indy 4 will be no different with connery making another appearance

Lord Soth
They're all great. But The Temple of Doom left a little to be desired. I like Short Round though laughing

Best: Lost Ark, then Crusade, then Doom

ragesRemorse
yeah i know what you mean about doom. I know alot of people always said it was the darker of the three, but i found it quite childish at some parts.i know on the bonus material of the dvd collection spielberg and lucas admitted to selling out on there original idea of making doom a darker story, they toned it down though because they diddnt think people would accept it. good flick none the less

Kes
I enjoy them all. Hard to pick a fave cos they all have great scenes. Like Raiders...the whole snake thing and Indy's chemistry with the chick. Temple of Doom...the bug thing and monkey brains lol also Indy reaching is arm in at the last minute to get the hat! Brilliant shot. It has pretty funny scenes, they all do. I think Last Crusade...has more of a build up cos they are looking for something throughout the entire movie (instead of trying to get something back) and I love that. We also learn more about Indy's past, which is cool smile
I probably do enjoy the Last Crusade a bit more.

Cowboyography
I loved all the Indy movies and this one is nothing short of Greatness!!

i think a huge part of why i like last crusade more is because of the whole beginning scene showing indy as a teenager and river phoenix played it really well i thought. i especially like the added touch of showing where he got the hat, really cool

Lord Soth
Indiana Jones: The Origin of the Hat laughing I think it showed him using a whip too.

Kes
Yeh, it shows him getting the scar on the chin when he use the whip for the 1st time.

My name is Neo9
i thot temple of doom was really good, mebbe not better then the 2...i mean it had so much action in it, and even though it was darker, i thot it was really fun 2 watch.

oh right word Kes, i didn't even catch that!...that's awesome!

Evil Dead
I think Raiders of the Lost Ark is the best movie of the trilogy. Coming in second is Last Crusade........with Temple of Doom bringing up the Ass.

I also enjoy Crusade alot. It fleshes out the Indiana Jones character. All we knew of him before is that he was an archeologist and a professor.........with friends around the world. That was it. Crusade gave us a glimpse at the man.......who he is......how he became the man he is today.......his relationship with his family.......etc.

Lord Soth
there's talk of introducing a brother for Indy 4

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.